Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,290 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him (1954 Views)

Remembering How GEJ Was Stoned During The 2015 Presidential Campaign / How Otoge Movement And Offa Robbery Caused A Revolt For Saraki In Kwara Politics / Picture: This Was How GEJ Responded When Troops Needed Morale Boost -Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
Bodexman:

Speak or write your mind out.

Not all igbos adore GEJ.

Sentiments should not becloud your reasoning.

Thank you my brother - you are a sensible one. When did we start allowing sentiments to be our guide bikonu? Some are saying I shouldn't criticize because GEJ is an adopted son. Isn't that even more reason to offer constructive criticism? I have criticize the great Ojukwu, the eminent and wise Zik and even the man I adore above all, Nnamdi Kanu. So if I can share my opinion about true Igbo sons, how much more an adopted son? I won't even bother to address the low-lives who hope to rid me of my Igboness simply because I dare to think/speak with eyes wide open.

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
dometome:
GEJ instituted a national conference that its recomendations if applied will solve a lot of problems.

And so? Let me tell you how GEJ betrayed us. GEJ gave orders to the Hausa/Fulani SS to intimidated, harass, arrest, dehumanize and torture more than a dozen Biafran freedom fighters. One of the men was not even a MASSOB member YET he spent more than 14 months of absolute torture in a secret gulag. What was his crime? When the Nigerian bullies came to his compound asking for his neighbor by name, this young man fearing for his neighbors life (thinking these are hired killers) told the SS that no one by that name lives here. Well, when they finally arrested who they were looking for, they decided to take the innocent man with them also. He was treated like an animal and forced to sleep on his own feces simply because he tried to protect his neighbors from what he thought was an assassination.

So when discussing Goodluck let us be honest in our ways and paint the complete picture. Not the propaganda that I see all over the internet. The good, the bad and the ugly most all be included.

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
Heartbender:
Baba, I don't have to be a psycho to accept your delusion.

Gerrout here please, if you cannot contribute constructively to the topic at hand. I don't have time for simpletons - especially the ones with big mouth.

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ojiofor:

You are free to write your bullshit,I am not in anyway insulting you teşekkül ederim.

And here I thought you were sensible. Sad.

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
OP,
Im not Biafran but you will hear my input. [s]Igbos ruined what otherwise could have been a good regime under Jonathan.

Everything that doesnt go your way is betrayal. In what way did he betray you, that he didn't hand over to you?

We are in a democracy, nobody is going to hand over to you. Compete, and if you fail review and learn lesson on how you can make better next time, not sulking and blaming people for your failure[/s].

I have emboldened the relevant part of your post. To be honest the rest is absolute trash. The topic has nothing to do with politics but how GEJ treated Biafran freedom fighters. Next time ask simple questions for clarity before spewing you anti-Igbo hogwash:

GEJ gave orders to the Hausa/Fulani SS to intimidated, harass, arrest, dehumanize and torture more than a dozen Biafran freedom fighters. One of the men was not even a MASSOB member YET he spent more than 14 months of absolute torture in a secret gulag. What was his crime? When the Nigerian bullies came to his compound asking for his neighbor by name, this young man fearing for his neighbors life (thinking these are hired killers) told the SS that no one by that name lives here. Well, when they finally arrested who they were looking for, they decided to take the innocent man with them also. He was treated like an animal and forced to sleep on his own feces simply because he tried to protect his neighbors from what he thought was an assassination.
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Ojiofor: 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2018
GodIsBiafran:

And here I thought you were sensible. Sad.

I smelled your insensibility and irresponsibility from far.Sad for yourself.

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by dometome: 4:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
GodIsBiafran:

And so? Let me tell you how GEJ betrayed us. GEJ gave orders to the Hausa/Fulani SS to intimidated, harass, arrest, dehumanize and torture more than a dozen Biafran freedom fighters. One of the men was not even a MASSOB member YET he spent more than 14 months of absolute torture in a secret gulag. What was his crime? When the Nigerian bullies came to his compound asking for his neighbor by name, this young man fearing for his neighbors life (thinking these are hired killers) told the SS that no one by that name lives here. Well, when they finally arrested who they were looking for, they decided to take the innocent man with them also. He was treated like an animal and forced to sleep on his own feces simply because he tried to protect his neighbors from what he thought was an assassination.

So when discussing Goodluck let us be honest in our ways and paint the complete picture. Not the propaganda that I see all over the internet. The good, the bad and the ugly most all be included.
No! I am not a fan of GEJ but the Ezu river murders were carried out by the then governor Peter Obi, PO is a murderer. He is the killer of those youths.
Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by Heartbender: 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
Your moniker shows that you're a monumental embarrassment
GodIsBiafran:

Gerrout here please, if you cannot contribute constructively to the topic at hand. I don't have time for simpletons - especially the ones with big mouth.

1 Like

Re: How GEJ Betrayed The Biafran Movement And Why Igbos Should Stop Idolizing Him by GodIsBiafran: 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2018
Heartbender:
Your moniker shows that you're a monumental embarrassment

Which part? God or Biafran? You no well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Majority & Minority: "PDP- 58", "APC- 48", "APGA- 1"- ChannelsTV / Atiku In New Jersey - What A December Surprise / How Buhari Ran PTF - Missing N500 Million (equivalent Of Almost N10 Billion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.