Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each (2833 Views)

Crowd Funding: APC Raises ₦24 Million In 3 Days For Tinubu / MACBAN: Cows Will Cost ₦2 Million Each If Lagos Anti-Open Passes Grazing Law / Sadiya Farouq: FG To Pay 24 Million Poor Nigerians N5,000 Each (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Mandynews(f): 9:49am On Jul 21, 2018
While the Govt, was busy unveiling the #NigeriaAir, Smart Dude Called Olumayowa Elegbede Quickly Rushed to buy the domain names & Put it up at $66,489 (₦24 million each)

- http://NigeriaAir.ng , http://NigeriaAir.com.ng and all related domains with ".Com or NG " are taken

Source: http://mandynews.com/2018/07/21/nigeria-air-domain/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Mandynews(f): 9:51am On Jul 21, 2018
lalasticlala, mynd44 we both missed this opportunity cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:54am On Jul 21, 2018
Sharp guy.
But, he should go higher than that....common!
Opportunity comes but once!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 21, 2018
Mandynews:
While the Govt, was busy unveiling the #NigeriaAir, Smart Dude Called Olumayowa Elegbede Quickly Rushed to buy the domain names & Put it up at $66,489 (₦24 million each)

- http://NigeriaAir.ng , http://NigeriaAir.com.ng and all related domains with ".Com or NG " are taken

Source: http://mandynews.com/2018/07/21/nigeria-air-domain/

Mumu man

Has he bought
.gov
.net
.org?

It's useless, nobody go even price.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 21, 2018
Very sharp businessman

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:57am On Jul 21, 2018
1stolax:

Mumu man

Has he bought
.gov
.net
.org?

What do you know?!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 21, 2018
post=69573696:

What do you know?!
What you'll never know.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Mandynews(f): 9:59am On Jul 21, 2018
1stolax:

Mumu man

Has he bought
.gov
.org?

After my research.., no govt airlines has .gov .org.

Don't forget Nigeria govt has only 5% on that biz

Try not to envy him sir.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:59am On Jul 21, 2018
1stolax:

What you'll never know.
Be where you are and be referring to someone who is 1 million times wiser than you as Mumu!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by dingbang(m): 10:00am On Jul 21, 2018
Lol the nigga na ode...
Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 21, 2018
Mandynews:

After my research.., no govt airlines has .gov .org.

Don't forget Nigeria govt has only 5% on that biz

Try not to envy him sir.
I'll send you 10k if the real NigeriaAir ever adopt that domain.

Please quote later.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Mandynews(f): 10:05am On Jul 21, 2018
1stolax:

Please quote later.

Even if they don't, it will be a challenge to them.

Bro, it seems you are one of those Buhari Fanatics?

The guy is wiser than your man...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 21, 2018
Mandynews:

Even if they don't, it will be a challenge to them.

Bro, it seems you are one of those Buhari Fanatics?

The guy is wiser than your man...
Challenge my ass!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Guestlander: 10:40am On Jul 21, 2018
If Nigeria Air has been registered as a business then his action can be challenged in the courts as cybersquatting and he will lose the domain names.

"Cybersquatting, the practice of buying up a domain in order to profit from a trademarked name, is prohibited under the 1999 Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act as well as a set of international guidelines called the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy. (Disputes are usually mediated by the National Arbitration Forum or the U.N.'s World Intellectual Property Organization.) Both systems were created to protect companies, celebrities, and even Joe Schmoes from having their names exploited online for commercial purposes. To sue someone for cybersquatting, you have to show that they acted in "bad faith," meaning they deliberately registered a certain domain in order to profit off your name"

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by naijapips04: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2018
The guy just wasted money.

The only valid domain there is NigeriaAir.com and its owned by a Korean.... Jim Lee.

Nigeria's national carrier would carry either a . com or . gov

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Flexherbal(m): 10:59am On Jul 21, 2018
Let me see what I can learn from this thread.
Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Hofbrauhaus(m): 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2018
Wow..

Smart ass...

Why didn't I think of this....

My God...my God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by maddock(m): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
What about flynigeriaair.com, naijaair.com,flynaijaair.com,flyairnigeria.com etc......

The chap might wait for ever sha.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Mandynews(f): 12:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
maddock:
What about flynigeriaair.com, naijaair.com,flynaijaair.com,flyairnigeria.com etc......

The chap might wait for ever sha.

Since you have this kinda idea, why not register the domain? they might need yours
Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by haryomikun(m): 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
Guestlander:
If Nigeria Air has been registered as a business then his action can be challenged in the courts as cybersquatting and he will lose the domain names.

"Cybersquatting, the practice of buying up a domain in order to profit from a trademarked name, is prohibited under the 1999 Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act as well as a set of international guidelines called the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy. (Disputes are usually mediated by the National Arbitration Forum or the U.N.'s World Intellectual Property Organization.) Both systems were created to protect companies, celebrities, and even Joe Schmoes from having their names exploited online for commercial purposes. To sue someone for cybersquatting, you have to show that they acted in "bad faith," meaning they deliberately registered a certain domain in order to profit off your name"
Blah blah blah and someone bought fb.com and sold for 8 million dollars and it wasn't deemed illegal
Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Guestlander: 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
haryomikun:

Blah blah blah and someone bought fb.com and sold for 8 million dollars and it wasn't deemed illegal

You are ignorant and you need to read or shut up when the subject matter is something you don't understand.
That guy did not register NA.com
Always trying to reap where you did not sow is the reason your country is fcked up.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by justtoodark: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
its useless...goverment can even confiscate it.....

some people are so daft....
Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Guestlander: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Guestlander: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
justtoodark:
its useless...goverment can even confiscate it.....

some people are so daft....

Your "genius" will end up in debt from legal fees if the government wants the names back, trust me.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by justtoodark: 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2018
Guestlander:

Your "genius" will end up in debt from legal fees if the government wants the names back, trust me.

not true....the goverment has automatical rights to those names...

nigeria doesnt belong to him....

even the deal is fraudulent....it will not wonder me if it was another igbo that cheated him....
Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Guestlander: 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2018
[quote author=justtoodark post=69579295]

even the deal is fraudulent....it will not wonder me if it was another igbo that sorry

Sorry bro, I quoted you wrongly.
Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by justtoodark: 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2018
[quote author=Guestlander post=69579395][/quote]

no problem....
Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by bot101(m): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2018
1stolax:

Please quote later.
They don't need to. Someone else would pay better for the name due to the traffic and internet visibility it will hold in the future. If i were him, I'd hold the name for at least another 3 years before putting it up for sale.
Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by bot101(m): 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
justtoodark:

even the deal is fraudulent....it will not wonder me if it was another igbo that cheated him....

Nigeriaair is a private company with the government owning a 5 percent stake. It will be managed as such.
Re: Nigeria Air: Man Buys The Domain Names & Put It Up At ₦24 Million Each by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nigeria air is a company that does international flight,so it will be useless to use .ng and com.ng,if it was a local airline then .ng and com.ng will be good

a domain that ends with .com will be a perfect fit for Nigeria air

My man just lost his money

the winner will be nigeria-air.com or something relating to it but must end in .com

another opinion,do you think nigeria govt hasnt done their research about the domain name before using the name name nigeria air?

another possiblity,the guy might make money if they decide to buy all domain name relating to nigeria air but i doubt he will make 40 million highest he will make is 4 million.

anyway, in 6 months we will know if he made cash or not.

(1) (2)

APC Photoshop Picture Of Rally Gone Wrong / Obasanjo Running To Catch A Flight Out Of The Country / Full Blown Dictatorship As DSS Arrests Journalist Chido Onuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.