Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:01 AM

LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) (30839 Views)

US Cops Threatens To Shoot Woman Because Her 4yr Old "Stole" A Barbie (Video) / Ezekiel Mayowa Suicide: Girlfriend Of Jilted LASPOTECH Student Speaks (Pics) / Joseph Mayowa, LASPOTECH Student Commits Suicide After Girlfriend Jilted Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by Islie: 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2018
By Juliana Francis 

A mother, Mrs. Folake Sokoya, has narrated how security guards attached to the Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH), Ikorodu, attacked her, beating her black and blue.

Sokoya, who said that the incident occurred on July 11, explained that she was battered when she rushed to the school to find out why her son, Daniel, was being beaten by security guards.

She explained that trouble started for her after she asked the security men why Daniel was repeatedly slapped and beaten. She claimed that rather than respond, the security guards pounced on her with head butts and barrage of punches. The woman displayed her bruised body, face and injured leg.

Since the incident, Sokoya had been frequenting hospitals and spending money on lab tests, scans and x-rays.

Although Sokoya is demanding the arrest and prosecution of the guards who battered her and Daniel, she thanked her lucky stars that she was alive to tell the story of the encounter.

She said: “People working in the school and students told me that my son and I were lucky. They said that in April the guards shot and killed a student.”

Sokoya noted that the problem with the guards started after they sighted Daniel wearing earrings. She said they accused Daniel of being a cultist and even attempted to force him to write a statement claiming to be one.

Recounting the genesis of the incident, Sokoya, a journalist and media consultant, said: “I sent Daniel to take one of my adopted sons to LASPOTECH, to meet with the admission officer and find out how the boy could get admission into the school. Barely an hour after they left, my son called me that a security man had arrested and taken him to their office.”

She called Daniel friends; one of them told her that the boy was at the security unit and was being beaten.

Sokoya said: “The young lady said that I should hurry to the school; that a man was slapping Daniel and could blind him. I became frightened. I asked if she knew what my son had done, she promised to find out. But I was already on the school premises by then.”

When she reached the security post, she saw Daniel and her heart broke. The boy’s face was all swollen. She walked into the guards’ office, asking to speak with the CSO. She was told that the CSO was not around.

She recalled: “I stepped out with my son and the girl that assisted me in locating him. I called a friend, trying to get the CSO’s phone number. As I was speaking on the phone, one of the two guards approached me. Daniel said that he was the person that attacked and beat him up.

I asked why my son was beaten like a thief. Marks were on his face. I was shocked, when one of them, instead of responding to my question, pushed me, shouting that I should get out of his way. I fell backwards and hit my head on the floor. I stood up with the help of my boys.

I held the man that pushed me and I told him that the CSO must come to see how his men had manhandled me. That was how both men started beating me, giving me a series of blows. One of them gave me a head butt, knocking my glasses off my face. My glasses shattered.”

She was dragged into their office, where they allegedly continued to hit her. When Daniel noticed how badly his mother was being brutalised, he tried to help, but the men turned on him.

In the midst of the bedlam, a tall man walked into the office and ordered that Sokoya should be locked up. He also ordered that her pictures should be taken.
Sokoya stated: “After taking snapshots of me, he forced me into an adjacent office.

He then introduced himself as the CSO. It was then he asked me what happened. It was in that process he realised I was a mother. He told me that his men dealt with my son because he was wearing earrings.

He said that I must write a statement saying that I came to harass his men and tore their clothes because they seized my son’s earring.

He threatened to call the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of Shagamu Road Police Division to arrest me if I refused to cooperate. He showed me pictures they took of me and said that he would tell the police that I was a cult member; that I would be locked up.”

Sokoya said that she was not inclined towards her son wearing earrings. She explained that Daniel briefly relocated to USA to live with his dad. But his dad asked him to return to Nigeria in order to sit his final exams. He would be going back in November.

When Daniel returned to Nigeria, Sokoya was shocked to sport the earrings. Furious, she called his dad, who told her that it was nothing. Incidentally, Daniel’s dad told Sokoya that the ear had just been pierced and that the earing could only be removed by Friday. But the LASPOTECH incident happened on Wednesday.

The institution’s Public Relations Officer (PRO), Mr. Kuye Olanrewaju, said that Sokoya narration of what transpired on the campus was a pack of lies.

He said that Daniel flouted the school dress code, which was that males shouldn’t wear earrings.

Olanrewaju alleged that when Daniel was instructed to remove the earing; he refused and instead dashed home to call his mother.

“He refused to remove it, and then we had to remove it. He went home to call his mother. The mother came and attacked our security men. We thought she was a mad woman. She tore the clothes of the security men. We have pictures.

With this action, she has landed the boy in trouble. The boy is a spoilt brat. The security men had to defend themselves. It’s not true that the security men tried to force the boy to write a statement that he was a cultist. He was asked to remove the earrings and then placed on surveillance,” the PRO said.

One of the security men, Mr. Hitler Moses, said: “I was heading to the office, when she just grabbed me and started slapping me. I ran and she chased after me. She simply went wild. Everything she said was a lie.”

Daniel, 20, 200Level, studying Hospitality Management, said that he was not aware of such rules and regulation. He explained that before he went to the campus that day, he was checked, along with his identity card. He would later walk a friend out of the gate. It was when he was returning to campus that the drama started.

He said: “One of the security guards approached me and said that I should follow him to the security unit. The only thing I asked was that he should show his identification, which he did and I followed him. When we got to their post, he said I was rude and was wearing earrings. He was still asking me questions when one the guards came from my back and started beating me.

“I had already sent a text message to my mother while I was heading to their post. When my mother came, she asked for the CSO, but they lied that he was not around.

One of them pushed my mum; she fell down and we assisted her up. The security men started beating my mum and I. Before my mum came, I had written a statement, stating how I was beaten. They tore it and said that I should write another one.

They said that I should write that I was a cultist and that I called other people to call to the post to attack them because I was asked to remove my earrings. There was never any time I left the school to go home to call my mother. Whoever said that was lying.”

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/07/laspotech-guards-batter-mother-because-son-wears-earrings/
Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by biacan(f): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2018
I hope the security men are being put behind bars for hitting the woman sad As for the said young man the school have rules governing them if you can't comply kindly quit.....I don't believe an inche of what the security men are saying because we have them everywhere they'll assault you first before telling you your offence if you're lucky...... ( SARS COMES TO MIND ) angry

44 Likes

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by Jokerman(m): 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2018
What's happening in this country for Christ sake Everything turning out to be a zoo....

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by purem(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
I don't even understand what the first poster is tryna say
Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 21, 2018
angry

Beating a woman just because her son wears earrings, does that make any sense?... Anyway, Welcome to Nizooria.

France president sacked his guard for hitting a protester.... but here in the zoo, I'm very sure this laspotech security will be promoted for a job well done.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by ezera(m): 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
Blame it on the Dullard �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by Ivimilly: 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
F
Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by adekanmbi1986(m): 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
Hm
Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by inoki247: 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2018
finally happening in Nigeria... Live nd Direct..
Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by rexorgan: 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
I will stop visiting this website. D negative news is 2 much. No offense

1 Like

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by flexyrule(m): 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nigerians are ANGRY by default. How much more, poor underpaid poorly trained security guards.
Na to just call them Oga, make peace reign.
Argue with those ones at your own risk.

9 Likes

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by Polargridd: 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2018
I won't take sides

1 Like

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by dominique(f): 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
What is the school authority doing about this?
Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by neonly: 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
Belief d woman at yur own risk women get bad mouth

8 Likes

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by dingbang(m): 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
Na wa for this country..
Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by Ukalejohn(m): 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
Wakanda devil controls men these days

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by alienvirus: 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
Let me tell u. That school called Laspotech is the den of criminals. Yes.
Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by psychologist(m): 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
There is more to the story

2 Likes

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by davillian(m): 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2018
Our armed forces started it,the police joined ,SARS joined ,security joined and even ogas at the office too has joined.
I sha known it won't stop.
Assault will continue in Nigeria until people are sued for for it .

9 Likes

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by weselomo(m): 5:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
where are we going in this Continent. this can never happen in Western world. laying hand on woman
Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by dominique(f): 5:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
neonly:
Belief d woman at yur own risk women get bad mouth

Did you even read the story before stupidly jumping to justify violence against a human being? The son was beaten first before the mother came to his rescue and she was also attacked. Did the boy have bad mouth as well?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by goldcoinhub: 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
One of the security men, Mr. Hitler Moses........

SAY NO MORE

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by OBAGADAFFI: 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2018
grin
Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by Maximus85(m): 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2018
biacan:
I hope the security men are being put behind bars for hitting the woman sad As for the said young man the school have rules governing them if you can't comply kindly quit.....I don't believe an inche of what the security men are saying because we have them everywhere they'll assault you first before telling you your offence if you're lucky...... ( SARS COMES TO MIND ) angry

For whatever reason no man should put his hands on a woman.

A woman allows her son wear earrings to school. He "said" he was harassed for wearing earrings... The mother went to the school to Confront the security guard. My own mother would smashed my head on hearing I wore earings. Do we know what the woman said to the always ire guards? Thank God for her life and that of her son. Parenting is dying in this part of the world.

What I've said will sound like pooo. But in a normal world... I've just said the truth.

3 Likes

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by abbey621(m): 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
One of the security men, Mr. Hitler Moses, said:

Hitler Moses, are you serious? grin grin grin Come on, this is ridiculous grin grin

3 Likes

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by neonly: 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
dominique:

Did you even read the story before stupidly jumping to justify violence against a human being? The son was beaten first before the mother came to his rescue and she was also attacked. Did the boy have bad mouth as well?

Nope just like I didn't read yurs
Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by Beno3: 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
When you bring up children badly, situations like this becomes the inevitable.
I strongly believe that the boy grew up without his father. And for the woman, she should have asked herself why are there no other students in like attitude to that of her son. I remember when I was in school, my father usually bribe teachers to instill discipline in me. I thought I was hated but later I realized I was been built to be a real man and a peace maker.
Modern mothers..... angry angry

1 Like

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by ahnie: 5:54pm On Jul 21, 2018
Inconsistencies from the CSO,Daniel and the mother.
Mum said she told Daniel to take one of her adopted son for admission run.

Daniel said he was with a friend coming,security guard accosted him because of ear-rings.

Cso...said the mum came to fight them...hence their taking her mug shots.

My verdict....the cso,and the security guards needs to be arrested and lock up.you beat up somebody's mother...unto say wetin!

Ghana's security guard beating that harmless nursing mother z still fresh in our minds.

5 Likes

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by Danelo(m): 5:55pm On Jul 21, 2018
So na dis long tory u want make we read ba?

Ya boy is irresponsible for wearing ear ring to school.

And the security men there I don't think they will just start head butting you because they are not Zidan.
Madam! You ran Ur mouth

1 Like

Re: LASPOTECH Guards Batter Woman Because Her Son Wears Earrings (Photos) by 21savages: 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2018
Op kindly give us update this thread in fews days time am intrested in this story.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Son Kidnaps Father, Collects N2.5m Ransom In Oyo (Photo) / Malnourished Inmate In Delta Prison Dies (Photo) / A Robber Was Caught Stealing In A Church In Warri & He Was Prayed For (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.