Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship (3137 Views)

Now Trending , Amaechi Sold His Brother For Ordinary Ministerial Position / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar In 1991 When He Contested For Governorship Election / FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by EzeUche(m): 2:11am On Jun 15, 2010
Abia 2011: Kalu backs brother for governorship

A former Governor of Abia State, Chief Orji Uzor, has commenced moves to have his younger brother, Mascot, become the governor of the state in 2011.

Sources said that Kalu has started preparations to ensure that Mascot replaces the incumbent, Chief Theodore Orji, next year.

Mascot is at present the Chief of Staff to Orji. Sources told the Nigerian Compass that Kalu has started consultations with the leadership of the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA) to have Mascot as one of the party’s governorship aspirants, believing that he should emerge easily as the candidate.

Kalu is the party’s Chairman, Board of Trustees while Orji emerged governor using the party’s platform in 2007. Sources also said that Kalu has positioned Orji’s deputy, Mr. Chris Akomas, as Mascot’s running mate for the election. It is not only Mascot that might benefit from Kalu’s generosity.

Another of Kalu’s younger brother, Hon. Nnanna Uzor Kalu, who is serving his second term in the House of Representatives, will run for the Senate in Abia South Senatorial District, sources have told the Nigerian Compass. And he has Kalu’s backing.

Nnanna will be seeking to unseat a former Governor of the state, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by EzeUche(m): 2:13am On Jun 15, 2010
The Abia seat of power has become the property of the kalus.What is going on in that state is very shameful.

It seems that the people of Abia state have nobody to challenge or question Orji Kalu so he is free to impose anybody to the people and they will accept them.

That is a pity! cry
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by ChinenyeN(m): 3:34am On Jun 15, 2010
I do know of one person who will be running for Abia governorship who hates what OUK has been, and still is doing. If I were to speak honestly though, I think OUK's hand will continue to be in Abia. I doubt if anyone can grab the gov. office from the hands of the OUK, legitimately.

This leads me to believe that there is only one course of action that can, and needs to be taken, regarding OUK.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by EzeUche(m): 5:12am On Jun 15, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I do know of one person who will be running for Abia governorship who hates what OUK has been, and still is doing. If I were to speak honestly though, I think OUK's hand will continue to be in Abia. I doubt if anyone can grab the gov. office from the hands of the OUK, legitimately.

This leads me to believe that there is only one course of action that can, and needs to be taken, regarding OUK.

And what is that course of action, because I know the people of Arochukwu are getting fed up with this marginalization at the hands of OUK.

It is a damn disgrace in the lack of development in our state.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by ReachRich(m): 8:34am On Jun 15, 2010
Poster pls give us a link to the news and Point of correctn,Enyinnay Abaribe was never a gov in Abia rather a dep gov.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by seyenko(m): 12:57pm On Jun 15, 2010
Like Kwara like Abia
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by ChinenyeN(m): 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2010
EzeUche, find a willing and able assassin, since everyone wants to keep getting in the way of simple & effective jungle justice.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by ReachRich(m): 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2010
There may be some truth in the news.T A Orji is no longer in the good books of Orji kalu.OUK is yet to open up on who he'll support 4 gov come 2011.There are indicatns that he wont support the incumbent gov who has sidelined his brother,Mascot and his mum in d award of contracts and other juicy packages they were getting wen OUK was in power.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by delegiwa(m): 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2010
@EzeUche,

The truth is that we (yes I am Aro too) are not ready to do anything about the Orjilization of Abia State just yet.  Whenever we are ready, the place will be too hot for Orji, his mum and his boys.  There is no point shouting because his fellow politicians are not ready too.

Do you remember Arthur Nzeribe?  Do you remember what happened to his "everlasting" hold on Orlu Senatorial Zone when boys remembered him?

I am sure you know what happened.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by jmoore(m): 2:50pm On Jun 15, 2010
Orji uzor and T A orji both have things in common, looting 80% of Abia state treasury and mismanaging the rest

Whoever these guys brings into office will still continue their bad legacy, Abia state is the worst state in Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I doubt if anyone can grab the gov. office from the hands of the OUK, legitimately.

Are you saying that Abia people LIKE Orji and will LEGITIMATELY vote him in even after all this?
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by slap1(m): 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2010
I suspect OUK is behind the recent kidnapping & robbery attacks in Abia just to rubbish the already rubbished image of T.A and make him look stupid if he ever declare for a 2nd term.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2010
slap1:

I suspect OUK is behind the recent kidnapping & robbery attacks in Abia just to rubbish the already rubbished image of T.A and make him look silly if he ever declare for a 2nd term.

WHat image would that be?
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by delegiwa(m): 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

WHat image would that be?

Nice question Kobo. As if we expect anything better from the Orji in power.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by EzeUche(m): 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2010
Maybe Abia State should be unified with Imo State again. The state is not needed and we can see that is not working.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by ChinenyeN(m): 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2010
No. Not what I'm saying at all, Kobojunkie.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by slap1(m): 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2010
delegiwa:

Nice question Kobo. As if we expect anything better from the Orji in power.
I am never a fan of the govt in Abia, I'm just pointing out some excessive selfishness. Peace.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by ChinenyeN(m): 4:17pm On Jun 15, 2010
Reunite With Imo; Do I detect a change of heart coming from the Old Bende division?
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by wazobiang: 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2010
are abia people waiting for orji to completely destroy the state before they realise he's not good for them?
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by EzeUche(m): 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Reunite With Imo; Do I detect a change of heart coming from the Old Bende division?

Maybe, I am just fed up with the lack of development in Abia State.

Driving from Umuahia to Aba can be quite treacherous with all those police checkpoints and those huge potholes. It is a disgrace.

Abia State is a mess. I have come to the conclusion that PPA is the main culprit. Lack of development means businesses are not being attracted to come to the state.

In Arochukwu, people can go without power for TWO WEEKS! We dey suffer o!

That is why my family has always supported PDP when it comes to state politics.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by ChinenyeN(m): 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2010
Wazobia-ng, your post leads me to believe that you don't understand the length and breadth of the Abia-OUK situation.

EzeUche, join the rest of us Ngwa/Ukwa/Asa who have always been fed up.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Jun 15, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Wazobia-ng, your post leads me to believe that you don't understand the length and breadth of the Abia-OUK situation.

What situation? A mere mortal who himself has to do so much to get and keep power and . . .
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by CarlosVent(m): 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2010
ARE DEY D OWNERS OF ABIA STATE.
HABA
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by EzeUche(m): 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2010
ChinenyeN:

EzeUche, join the rest of us Ngwa/Ukwa/Asa who have always been fed up.

Trust me when I say the rest of the state is upset is fed up. I wish these kidnappers and robbers would target these thieving politicians in Abia State instead of businessmen.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by ChinenyeN(m): 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2010
Kobojunkie, it is still a situation, like many others in Naija.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Jun 15, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Kobojunkie, it is still a situation, like many others in Naija.
If you truly believe that, then why this retort earlier?
ChinenyeN:

you made it seem we had some UNIQUE situation of some sort in Abia earlier.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by ChinenyeN(m): 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2010
Kobojunkie, you're seriously over thinking this. Although, granted, I can see how my choice of words could give that impression. But basically, my response to wazobia-ng was just to highlight on how the issue is not as simple as (s)he makes it out to seem in his/her post.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Kobojunkie, you're seriously over thinking this. Although, granted, I can see how my choice of words could give that impression. But basically, my response to wazobia-ng was just to highlight on how the issue is not as simple as (s)he makes it out to seem in his/her post.

But, the problem is SIMPLE! It is as simple as it is in anywhere Nigeria!
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by emmydee(m): 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2010
and they have forgotten that i will be coming home to contest d governorship under PDP
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by ChinenyeN(m): 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

But, the problem is SIMPLE! It is as simple as it is in anywhere Nigeria!
. . . Oh.Kay.
Re: Abia 2011: Kalu Backs Brother For Governorship by davidif: 5:58pm On Jun 15, 2010
[size=28pt]HA HA HA HA. HOW COULD SOMEONE'S NAME BE MASCOT?? grin grin grin grin NIGERIANS UNA NO GET SHAME. EVERY SENSIBLE PERSON FROM ABIA SHOULD BETTER VOTE AGAINST THIS MAN OR YOUR STATE WOULD BE THE JOKE OF NIGERIA. [/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crises In Ebonyi: 50 People Killed: Www.aljazeera.com / Ppa Suspends Orji Kalu & 12 Others Over Anti-party Activities / Good News!!!! U.S Approves Drug For Ebola Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.