Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements (30328 Views)

Sadiya Umar Farouk Approves Payment Of Stipends To Exited N-Power Beneficiaries / Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" / Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by mmadu5(m): 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
Is this news ? Are they not supposed to be paid before all of you commenters are mad . Do you think buhari is doing this from his heart ? 2019 is just around the corner he will do anything to win your vote .. tufiakwa yall already praising him .no wonder they say nigerians are easily deceived with money on election day .shame on yall.
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Nahum777(m): 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2018
Ihateyoumod:

because u r a dictator.....u will just speak and so shall it be...... If u have a senatetht opposes these things u have stated up der what will u do??
Dictatorship is part of leadership. Singapore, China and even North Korea are who they are today because of dictatorship at some point. The only difference is that their own dictatorship was for the benefit of the people. Any senator that opposes Progress is an enemy of the state. Other countries do everything, they even kill to succeed as a nation. We will probe any senator who opposes the progress of Nigeria secretly, arrest him, take him to the special court which passes judgment quickly up to the Supreme Court and jail him. If anyone doesn't have a criminal record or history of corruption, we will use his/ her constituent to deal with him via propaganda. They might burn his house or even kidnap him. Fear no go let them try rubbish sef. Hahahah and if they want to impeach me, the Nigerian people will have a fulfilled day in the national assembly signing those papers with them. Then never see anything. It's easy, our leaders don't just have balls and they are corrupt and stupid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Ihateyoumod: 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nahum777:
Dictatorship is part of leadership. Singapore, China and even North Korea are who they are today because of dictatorship at some point. The only difference is that their own dictatorship was for the benefit of the people. Any senator that opposes Progress is an enemy of the state. Other countries do everything, they even kill to succeed as a nation. We will probe any senator who opposes the progress of Nigeria secretly, arrest him, take him to the special court which passes judgment quickly up to the Supreme Court and jail him. If anyone doesn't have a criminal record or history of corruption, we will use his/ her constituent to deal with him via propaganda. They might burn his house or even kidnap him. Fear no go let them try rubbish sef. Hahahah and if they want to impeach me, the Nigerian people will have a fulfilled day in the national assembly signing those papers with them. Then never see anything. It's easy, our leaders don't just have balls and they are corrupt and stupid.

But u will wail if buhari makes one move

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Nahum777(m): 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
Ihateyoumod:

But u will wail if buhari makes one move
Nobody will wail if it's for the good of the people and if change is evident. A president who has food intentions can use the people to oppress the Senate and bring progress to the country. The only reason people wail is because Buhari's wickedness has killed more people than it has liberated people out of poverty. If a dictator puts the people in mind and he's doing well, nobody will wail.
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by chuckjoshua(m): 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
Nahum777:
Lol, this country! God knows if I become president, at least 5000 people will see jail and many people will die by hanging for their past crimes. We will carry out thorough investigation from 1960 till date, set up a special court for corruption and get rid of all the old politicians and cabals by force. Then we need to sensitive Nigerians, they need to know that only us can build our country and no one will build it for us. Train some new set of intelligent Police guys, disarm the present police and use them for something else just to keep them employed. Focus on production and invest real big on technology. Offer ministerial jobs to skilled professionals only and monitor them big time to end corruption. Bring Nigerian professionals from all over the world to come help fix this gaddamn country.

It's not that hard to lead a country, but we have unwilling and dumb leaders.

From 1960? Ahh egbon, fear God nah. You go dey on top the investigation your 8 years go elapse.

Someone should help me with that Ronaldo's picture, were he is screaming at a Ref
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by rickyboss333: 12:00am On Jul 23, 2018
[quote author=gabbijason post=69614574]45billion for how many staff?

no ask that kain question. we no plenty wey go share am , abeg no jealous us, we don suffer wella for d money.
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by LaudableXX: 12:21am On Jul 23, 2018
Iamgrey5:
This makes no sense at all..

How will they be able to make the payments to the people who actually worked for it ?

How are we sure these payments won't be swallowed by politicians?

In addition, the national carrier had been redundant and unproductive for years before it was actually liquidated, which was the main disagreement the government had with them back then, So the government of the day didn't believe they merit the payments.

Anyways, some people will be rich at the end of the day sha grin
If they kept proper records of Nigeria Airways staff, payroll details and their documentation, then it would be easy to conduct a verification exercise to determine those who are entitled to receive such benefits. But this is Nigeria. We are poor at record keeping, documentation and archiving. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by donqx: 12:40am On Jul 23, 2018
hmmm
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Wapnetrealmcom: 1:51am On Jul 23, 2018
Dangling Juicy Carrots won’t help – R-APC

http://wapnetrealm.com/dangling-juicy-carrots-wont-help-r-apc/

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by seguno2: 3:39am On Jul 23, 2018
gabbijason:
45billion for how many staff?

Stealing tinz by Buhari, Tinubu and APC.
Don’t be surprised if none of the ex-staff gets paid.
That is what propaganda is all about bro.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by seguno2: 3:41am On Jul 23, 2018
LaudableXX:

If they kept proper records of Nigeria Airways staff, payroll details and their documentation, then it would be easy to conduct a verification exercise to determine those who are entitled to receive such benefits. But this is Nigeria. We are poor at record keeping, documentation and archiving. angry

Like the record kept for determining the poor people to receive their N5,000 promised?
Has anyone come across one of the recipients
Buhari, Tinubu and APC can lie for Africa grin

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by abbeytop: 5:18am On Jul 23, 2018
I see,election is around the corner
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by toprealman: 7:23am On Jul 23, 2018
iamJ:
buhari forever, let me call that my uncle if he has received alert
Don't bother, I will let you know when I do.
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by flowalk(m): 7:47am On Jul 23, 2018
hammer6F:
BUHARI SHOULD PUBLISH, HOW MANY ARE STILL ALIVE.

WE NEED NAMES OF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM COLLECTING THAT MONEY ON A LIST PUBLISHED, WITH THEIR PICTURE.

SAY NO TO CORRUPTION.

so that Armed robbers go rob and kill them abi.. then later the finger go point go govt....
I hail thee
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by tolguy(m): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2018
LordofNaija:
grin All for 2019. At the rate Buhari is going I'm pretty sure he will approve my marriage to Aisha soon
shuldren full 9raland
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by michealewela: 8:00am On Jul 23, 2018
mmadu5:
Is this news ? Are they not supposed to be paid before all of you commenters are mad . Do you think buhari is doing this from his heart ? 2019 is just around the corner he will do anything to win your vote .. tufiakwa yall already praising him .no wonder they say nigerians are easily deceived with money on election day .shame on yall.
LOL, sorry, those affected have reasons to celebrate cause no one remembered them since 2005..

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by badesco(m): 8:20am On Jul 23, 2018
Good one, but that does translate to electoral victory in 2019. Why now?
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by mrvitalis(m): 8:25am On Jul 23, 2018
Nahum777:
Lol, this country! God knows if I become president, at least 5000 people will see jail and many people will die by hanging for their past crimes. We will carry out thorough investigation from 1960 till date, set up a special court for corruption and get rid of all the old politicians and cabals by force. Then we need to sensitive Nigerians, they need to know that only us can build our country and no one will build it for us. Train some new set of intelligent Police guys, disarm the present police and use them for something else just to keep them employed. Focus on production and invest real big on technology. Offer ministerial jobs to skilled professionals only and monitor them big time to end corruption. Bring Nigerian professionals from all over the world to come help fix this gaddamn country.

It's not that hard to lead a country, but we have unwilling and dumb leaders.

This is democracy if you have a corrupt national assembly you can't do shit
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by haconjy(m): 9:32am On Jul 23, 2018
hammer6F:

Congrats!

No go disturb am for money Oooo!

That is pension money. Guy, go and hustle.

My brother I will not o cause I know its my property..... Soon.....laughing
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by beegodson: 10:11am On Jul 23, 2018
Way to go Sir.... When people are condemning Mr President he always puts them to shame...This is a commendable development..These and many more are reasons why Nigerians should vote for a government of Possibilities... a working government...a government that has the interest of the people at heart... i will vote for PMB 2019... Good job Sir.
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by cantok(m): 10:34am On Jul 23, 2018
twilliamx:
Good one. Although most of them were incompetent and part of the crew that ran the carrier aground. Still a good gesture from FG. They should carry their wahala and go.
Your father is incompetent. People of your generation who do not have the resources, or privilege to have any knowledge of the past, will continue to peddle ignorant talk. Tell us who are the incompetent Nigeria Airways Staffers?
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by cantok(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2018
kolaaderin:
The Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika, said on Wednesday the Federal Government has approved the payment of N45billion severance package to former staff of the defunct Nigeria Airways. The national carrier was liquidated by ex- President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration in 2005, and the workers had been embarking on protests nationwide over their unpaid entitlements. Sirika told State House correspondents at the end of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting that money has been approved for the settlement of the entitlements. “Governments, in the past, decided just to liquidate Nigeria Airways without tending to the issue of the entitlements of the workers and they have been struggling to get that paid. We came in and took it very seriously. “I’m happy to announce that Mr. President has approved N45 billion which has been confirmed to be the entitlements of these workers and Ministry of Finance has been instructed to pay the money. The ministry wrote to me last week that they have received the instruction to pay these workers, and therefore, they are setting up the modalities to pay. “You should know it won’t be paid through my ministry before somebody will say I take some of it. It will be paid by finance through a process, and that process will commence very soon,’’ he said. The minister disclosed that the Council approved the procurement of operational vehicles for Nigeria Port Authority (NPA) and the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA).

I think this look like old news. Notice the part in bold! Let's check the source of this news again....
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by cantok(m): 10:58am On Jul 23, 2018
mrtwist:
Good
IamAirforce1:
Good news if true Election don reach , dem wan score political points .
9jaArea:
This is good, PDP will soon come out to spill hatred.
arantess:
Angels are waiting still

Nahum777:
Lol, this country! God knows if I become president, at least 5000 people will see jail and many people will die by hanging for their past crimes. We will carry out thorough investigation from 1960 till date, set up a special court for corruption and get rid of all the old politicians and cabals by force. Then we need to sensitive Nigerians, they need to know that only us can build our country and no one will build it for us. Train some new set of intelligent Police guys, disarm the present police and use them for something else just to keep them employed. Focus on production and invest real big on technology. Offer ministerial jobs to skilled professionals only and monitor them big time to end corruption. Bring Nigerian professionals from all over the world to come help fix this gaddamn country. It's not that hard to lead a country, but we have unwilling and dumb leaders.
Omeny:
If this is real, for the first time ever, l will say Sai Baba. Also the lopsided appointments need to be looked at seriously. It has never ever be like this.Thank You.

mmadu5:

Nahum777:
Nobody will wail if it's for the good of the people and if change is evident. A president who has food intentions can use the people to oppress the Senate and bring progress to the country. The only reason people wail is because Buhari's wickedness has killed more people than it has liberated people out of poverty. If a dictator puts the people in mind and he's doing well, nobody will wail.

Expired Old News, presented as new. Op are you spreading expired news as fresh news

http://thenationonlineng.net/fg-approves-payment-of-nigeria-airways-staff-entitlements/
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by KingRagnar: 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
Some people who have not had good sleep since 2005 can rest now because PMB has come to their rescue after all these years. There have are too many evidences why Nigerians should vote in PMB again, and here is another again.
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by najib632(m): 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2018
Ahmed0336:

Easier said than done. This country no be joke!!
I am telling u, the kind of plan you go do ba I swear even devil go cut cap for you
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by predatorX: 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2018
twilliamx:
Good one. Although most of them were incompetent and part of the crew that ran the carrier aground. Still a good gesture from FG. They should carry their wahala and go.

An ignorant fellow.

All the Hausas who always go to Hajj every month, FREE OF CHARGE, like they are going to Oshodi ruined the first venture.

All the Military dictators, also from Northern origin, and the entire members of the military Supreme Ruling Council(State Military Administrators) always strode onto the Tarmac and into the aircrafts like it was their inheritance ruined the first venture.

When you appoint Hausas, especially Fulanis to run an airline business, the would run it like COW BUSINESS. Imagine a Fulani Director Cannibalizing a brand new aircraft to sell the engines on the black market. That was the level of corruption perpetrated by a particular section of the country. The leaders were very aware of the pilfering and pillaging of Nigeria Airways but the same disease that is killing Nigeria killed Nigeria Airways rapidly.

Incase you know nothing about history, go and read about the Nigeria Airways engineers who discovered the faulty Engine mounting pin of the McDonnel Douglas DC-10 Jumbo Jet in the late 70's and subsequently advised the government not to purchase the DC-10s in her fleet rather go for the new Boeing 727 and 737. Fulanis who were at the helm of affairs then sacked those engineers and went ahead to purchase those aircrafts. Few months later, they started crashing all over the world including Nigeria. Obasanjo(who was still a human being then)fired the fulani Management and ministers, and reinstated the engineers and pilots.

If you are in doubt, watch the POTOMAC disaster. It is an Aircrash Investigation documentary on National Geographic.

Maybe you did not notice that there was hardly any crash in Nigeria when Nigeria Airways was fully operational Until the same Obasanjo(Now an idiot animal) liquidated the enterprise in 2001/2 despite warnings from El Rufai(who was then DG Bureau of Privatization of Public Enterprise, BPE) that the venture was still highly profitable. He(Obj) and his side-chick(Kema Chikwe) sold it as scraps to Jimoh Ibrahim who used Richard Branson as a front to acquire the entire assets of Nigeria Airways, including her maintenance hangar.

Enter the multiple crashes following Obasanjo's ill-fated decision. Sosoliso 2005, Bellview 2005, Dana Air 2012, Helicopter Crashes, ADC 2006, EAS 2002.

it was like Karma had befallen the nation.

This hangar was manned by the Germany trained and American-trained Engineers of the Nigeria Airways, and was capable of carrying out A, B and C checks for the rest of the entire West Africa. Only D-Check was done in Europe(France for Airbus planes) and USA(for Boeing Aircrafts)

SO DONT SAY "SHEET" ABOUT PATRIOTIC and HIGHLY COMPETENT PEOPLE YOU NEVER KNEW, WHO PUT IN THEIR ENTIRE CAREER TO KEEP YOU AND YOUR SKIES SAFER THAN WILL EVER BE. RESPECT THEIR AGE and SUFFERINGS.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2018
predatorX:

An ignorant fellow.

All the Hausas who always go to Hajj every month, FREE OF CHARGE, like they are going to Oshodi ruined the first venture.

All the Military dictators, also from Northern origin, and the entire members of the military Supreme Ruling Council(State Military Administrators) always strode onto the Tarmac and into the aircrafts like it was their inheritance ruined the first venture.

When you appoint Hausas, especially Fulanis to run an airline business, the would run it like COW BUSINESS. Imagine a Fulani Director Cannibalizing a brand new aircraft to sell the engines on the black market. That was the level of corruption perpetrated by a particular section of the country. The leaders were very aware of the pilfering and pillaging of Nigeria Airways but the same disease that is killing Nigeria killed Nigeria Airways rapidly.

Incase you know nothing about history, go and read about the Nigeria Airways engineers who discovered the faulty Engine mounting pin of the McDonnel Douglas DC-10 Jumbo Jet in the late 70's and subsequently advised the government not to purchase the DC-10s in her fleet rather go for the new Boeing 727 and 737. Fulanis who were at the helm of affairs then sacked those engineers and went ahead to purchase those aircrafts. Few months later, they started crashing all over the world including Nigeria. Obasanjo(who was still a human being then)fired the fulani Management and ministers, and reinstated the engineers and pilots.

If you are in doubt, watch the POTOMAC disaster. It is an Aircrash Investigation documentary on National Geographic.

Maybe you did not notice that there was hardly any crash in Nigeria when Nigeria Airways was fully operational Until the same Obasanjo(Now an idiot animal) liquidated the enterprise in 2001/2 despite warnings from El Rufai(who was then DG Bureau of Privatization of Public Enterprise, BPE) that the venture was still highly profitable. He(Obj) and his side-chick(Kema Chikwe) sold it as scraps to Jimoh Ibrahim who used Richard Branson as a front to acquire the entire assets of Nigeria Airways, including her maintenance hangar.

Enter the multiple crashes following Obasanjo's ill-fated decision. Sosoliso 2005, Bellview 2005, Dana Air 2012, Helicopter Crashes, ADC 2006, EAS 2002.

it was like Karma had befallen the nation.

This hangar was manned by the Germany trained and American-trained Engineers of the Nigeria Airways, and was capable of carrying out A, B and C checks for the rest of the entire West Africa. Only D-Check was done in Europe(France for Airbus planes) and USA(for Boeing Aircrafts)

SO DONT SAY "SHEET" ABOUT PATRIOTIC and HIGHLY COMPETENT PEOPLE YOU NEVER KNEW, WHO PUT IN THEIR ENTIRE CAREER TO KEEP YOU AND YOUR SKIES SAFER THAN WILL EVER BE. RESPECT THEIR AGE and SUFFERINGS.

oshey! You put it much more better than me. But that "when obj was still a human being" thingy got me laughing

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by LaudableXX: 11:34pm On Jul 23, 2018
seguno2:
Like the record kept for determining the poor people to receive their N5,000 promised?
Has anyone come across one of the recipients
Buhari, Tinubu and APC can lie for Africa grin
Let me pardon your ignorance. sad You probably were not born in the days when the Nigeria Airways was fully operational, and ran multiple scheduled flights across Africa, Europe and even as far as some Asian countries. Till today, people can still remember names of their famous captains like Bob Hayes, Dele Ore, Bara Allwell-Brown, Paul Thahal & Co.

Don't forget that Nigeria Airways was an organisation, with assets, staff, equipment, offices and properties, which can still be identified in some places, even till today. It is not a state with local governments, councils and amorphous citizens whose demographics, are unknown. sad Nigeria Airways had (and still has) a very strong union, that has agitated for the payment of its members benefits over the years, and their staff details are all with them. shocked

How come all those who worked for Nigeria Airways offices abroad, were paid in full, but the ones who served here locally were not paid? Was it that they knew the names of the Nigeria Airways staff based abroad, but they developed amnesia when it came to the local staff? Oga, when govt wants to do something they can do it, except if they are just not interested. There are multiple sources to get details on ex-Airways staff. So don't worked up. You can keep the sarcastic remarks about poor people, to yourself. undecided Don't forget " Those who mock the poor insult their Maker." Prov.17v5

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by seguno2: 2:20am On Jul 24, 2018
LaudableXX:

Let me pardon your ignorance. sad You probably were not born in the days when the Nigeria Airways was fully operational, and ran multiple scheduled flights across Africa, Europe and even as far as some Asian countries. Till today, people can still remember names of their famous captains like Bob Hayes, Dele Ore, Bara Allwell-Brown, Paul Thahal & Co.

Don't forget that Nigeria Airways was an organisation, with assets, staff, equipment, offices and properties, which can still be identified in some places, even till today. It is not a state with local governments, councils and amorphous citizens whose demographics, are unknown. sad Nigeria Airways had (and still has) a very strong union, that has agitated for the payment of its members benefits over the years, and their staff details are all with them. shocked

How come all those who worked for Nigeria Airways offices abroad, were paid in full, but the ones who served here locally were not paid? Was it that they knew the names of the Nigeria Airways staff based abroad, but they developed amnesia when it came to the local staff? Oga, when govt wants to do something they can do it, except if they are just not interested. There are multiple sources to get details on ex-Airways staff. So don't worked up. You can keep the sarcastic remarks about poor people, to yourself. undecided Don't forget " Those who mock the poor insult their Maker." Prov.17v5

Save your Bible passage for Buhari who promised money, education and employment to the poor but has failed to deliver on any of these promises.
Is that not mocking the poor thereby insulting their maker?
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!
Are you ready with your PVC?
What of your family and friends? Do they also have their own PVCs
Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by LaudableXX: 2:23am On Jul 24, 2018
seguno2:
Save your Bible passage for Buhari who promised money, education and employment to the poor but has failed to deliver on any of these promises.
Is that not mocking the poor thereby insulting their maker?
Then direct your question to Buhari who promised them money, education and employment. Or do I look like him?

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements by Nobody: 4:15am On Jul 24, 2018
badmrkt:
The more you meet Buhari's supporters the more you come to understand why Noah picked more animals over humans. Argue with your ancestors...

Shey ... like this poster quoted above and the almaajiri here in this picture ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie Confirmed As NDDC Chairman / Buhari: I stand by my claim that President went into coma – Fayose / Ambode's Wife Presents Gift To The 1st Baby Of The Year In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.