Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,778 members, 7,831,498 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate (41924 Views)

UNIUYO Student Buries Mum On Friday, Killed By Roommate On Saturday / Uniosun Student’s Ear Bitten Off By Her Roommate (Photos) / Nigerian Lady With Big Backside Teaching Students, Gets Mixed Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 23, 2018
nairalanduseles:

shows ur level of exposure .......shut up ain't an insult bro
were did i wrote it was an insult? as i mentinoned you sound like a minor. grin

Besides, if you believe that black people should or call themselves Nigger! as a sign of brotherhood, then i rest my case...
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Jelal0007(m): 9:28am On Jul 23, 2018
IMASTEX:
She is already sorry for her action whether or not it was intentional doesn't matter anymore. Just let it pass. And live happily ever after.
she's sorry because it has become public. u racist apologist.

1 Like

Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Martin0(m): 9:30am On Jul 23, 2018
gypsey:
how can i shut up? i am typing with my fingers! grin look! mate you sound like a juvenile with your shut up! shut up, Rubbish. so i am going to move on, come back when you are grown up enough to make sense apart from shut up!

Bye!!

odegwugringrin
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2018
Martin0:

odegwugringrin
big man!
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Martin0(m): 9:41am On Jul 23, 2018
gypsey:
big man!

so una wan begin talk about who them go use "nigga "for abi mehn una get power oo

come e get anything special with that word eh?
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by rickyboss333: 9:45am On Jul 23, 2018
Leopantro:

to add to that, auto correct pops up something that u added urself to its dictionary or have used countless times. so even if its true, certainly means she has been using that word countlessly in her gossips
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 23, 2018
how is the lady rasicst undecided habeg make the Nigeria lady go sit down joor tongue
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2018
Martin0:

so una wan begin talk about who them go use "nigga "for abi mehn una get power oo

come e get anything special with that word eh?
Nigga was a derogatory term used for black people during the slavery days, it's racist term

2 Likes

Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by lexzyy(m): 9:56am On Jul 23, 2018
gypsey:
Rubbish! white people can not call black people Nigger but but black people calls themselves Nigger all the time!

Nigroes are confused!

Rubbish!!
Go and listen to joyner lucas I'm not racist, then come and modify ur statement.
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Martin0(m): 9:56am On Jul 23, 2018
gypsey:
Nigga was a derogatory term used for black people during the slavery days, it's racist term

oga me know very well...
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by ayusco85(m): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2018
TrumpedL:
She already apologised so why making a big issue out of It?

Nairaland should ban all RACIST on this forum calling other people Afonja, Igbo, pig, cow, etc

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by sonsomegrigbo: 10:36am On Jul 23, 2018
Point of correction...

IGBO LADY AND NOT NIGERIAN LADY...

Nigerians, I mean Yoruba and Hausa, are responsible and respected anywhere in the world!

The reasons for this are:

They don't do crimes...

They don't do drugs...

They don't do prostitution...

They don't do armed robbery...

They Don't do chest beating...

They are highly educated...

They don't abuse elderly people...

They don't refer to their president as brain dead or dullard..

They are not arrogant...

And they do not develop other people's land leaving their own land in shambles and abject poverty...

Igbo amaka!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by sonsomegrigbo: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2018
ayusco85:

Seconded

Thanks, I support banning of all all tribalists...

I hate tribalism!
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by EmekaBlue(m): 10:59am On Jul 23, 2018
gypsey:
Rubbish! white people can not call black people Nigger but but black people calls themselves Nigger all the time!

Nigroes are confused!

Rubbish!!
i tire..inferiority complex is still killing d black mind
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by seunmsg(m): 11:12am On Jul 23, 2018
Just an innocent conversation with a friend that got sent to the wrong person. The lady should not be crucified. We all make snide remarks behind peoples back once in a while.
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 23, 2018
Martin0:

oga me know very well...

why the fuvk! were you asking then? grin
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 23, 2018
lexzyy:
Go and listen to joyner lucas I'm not racist, then come and modify ur statement.
i don't need to listen to any cretin, i am a black man born in a western country. i am a best position to know what i am talking about.
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by madjune(m): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2018
Racism is always there once an African is in the minority.
You'd feel it.
I blame the Nigerian girl for sucking up to her, asking to be her friend etc.
Just let her be and focus on your drive.
With time, they will chase after you.
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by IMASTEX: 11:59am On Jul 23, 2018
OneSentence:

she is only sorry because it was sent to the wrong person. if hannah had gotten that message would she have texted hannah to say she's sorry for calling the girl a nigger? Abeg reason well
Therefore, she should put up a fight right?! I so believe that is your own definition of reasoning well? For your information, as long as human exist there will always be racial discrimination whether you like it or not. It will only make news when it is between black vs white skin. What of the one that happens even among blacks and in the same country like Nigeria? It isn't a good thing but sadly it won't stop.
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2018
TrumpedL:
She already apologised so why making a big issue out of It?

Nairaland should ban all RACIST on this forum calling other people Afonja, Igbo, pig, cow, etc

Yes! A big yes. Seconded

1 Like

Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by koboko69: 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2018
post=69622031:
This is nothing.
What if she is right about her auto-correct?!
They both sound so nice and courteous to each other.
It is the Aproko friend that puts this online that caused all the brouhaha!

Oan, not all of them are racist.......

Bro...u nor sabi oyinbo o.
Dem go laugh with u like this....
Finish you for back...!
I know what i am saying..
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
IMASTEX:

Therefore, she should put up a fight right?! I so believe that is your own definition of reasoning well? For your information, as long as human exist there will always be racial discrimination whether you like it or not. It will only make news when it is between black vs white skin. What of the one that happens even among blacks and in the same country like Nigeria? It isn't a good thing but sadly it won't stop.
the only thing I didn't like about ur post was the fact that u failed to see the apology as fake. what u hav said now makes complete sense. it's everywhere. even in nigeria and on NL too...but pray that it doesn't push u to the wall cos then no one will tell u to fight back. imagine if u r denied promotion just cos of your tribe yet less qualified, juniors get promoted ahead of u in a private company. I've seen it happen...
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by dustar: 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2018
FlirtyKaren:

From Lailasnews.com:

A Nigerian student at the Georgia Southern University ‘accidentally’ received a racist text message from her new college roommate, Courtney Schaefer.

According to reports online, Nwamaka had been paired with Schaefer for the next semester so she decided to reach out and send her new roomie a friendly hello text message.
Only for things to go left.

After Nwamaka’s innocent, introductory text message, Schaefer exchanged pleasantries with her soon-to-be roommate and shared a laugh over accidentally calling one another.

Then the unexpected happened.

Another message popped up on Nwamaka’s phone stating “her insta looks pretty normal not too niggerish.”

Realizing she had sent her message to the wrong person, Schaefer immediately apologized to Nwamaka, claiming that her phone auto-corrected the word “triggerish” to the racial slur.

“OMG I am so sorry! Holy crap. Damn spell check I did NOT mean to say that,” she wrote back hastily.

“I was texting Hannah and I meant to say triggerish meaning like you seemed really cool nothing that triggered a red flag! I’m so embarrassed I apologize!”

The screenshots sparked outrage nationwide. Thousands of users flooded Twitter, demanding Georgia Southern University to take action against Schaefer and either suspend or expel her from campus. Many called for her removal from the swim team as well.

Source - https://lailasnews.com/see-viral-racist-message-courtney-schaefer-georgia-southern-sent-nigerian-lady/

Even in Nigeria, people refer to other tribes by certain names. It's normal, we Africans are just too insecure when we meet white folks.
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by IMASTEX: 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2018
OneSentence:

the only thing I didn't like about ur post was the fact that u failed to see the apology as fake. what u hav said now makes complete sense. it's everywhere. even in nigeria and on NL too...but pray that it doesn't push u to the wall cos then no one will tell u to fight back. imagine if u r denied promotion just cos of your tribe yet less qualified, juniors get promoted ahead of u in a private company. I've seen it happen...
I noticed the fake apology. But then, accepting it just like that and moving on will do much better. At bolded, The quota system/federal character is the official means of practicing racism in Nigeria. But then what has Nigerians done about it? My point is that we intend to make more noise when it happens outside than we would have reacted when it happens here in Nigeria and from a fellow countrymen.
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by irunmoleagba: 5:58pm On Jul 23, 2018
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by khalids: 9:29pm On Jul 23, 2018
Its interesting seeing people spitting fire here, shouting racism up and down.......Yet the level of tribalism practiced here is off the charts

Abeg make una remove the plank for una eye first before una dey talk of grain of sand for another person eye...
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Martin0(m): 9:59pm On Jul 23, 2018
gypsey:
why the fuvk! were you asking then? grin

you suppose know na
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by ohem007(m): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2018
lilbest4:
So calling a black person black is racism
Blacks are the most hypocritical people on earth.
We bleach our skin to look light and afterwards start screaming black is beautiful. Have you ever heard a Japanese saying Asian is beautiful?
What's even wrong with someone referring to you as black? Are you not black?

dahmmm bro.....

She used the word "niggerish" and not "black"

dude did you even know the meaning of the word "NIGGA" at all

lemme help you

Nigga:
NIGGA is used mainly among African Americans, but also among other minorities and ethnicities, in a neutral or familiar way and as a friendly term of address. It is also common in rap music. However, NIGGA is taken to be extremely offensive when used by outsiders. Many people consider this word to be equally as offensive as NIGGER
often used to speak of a dumb,crazy or foolish person

Niggerish:
(derogatory, offensive, ethnic slur) Like or characteristic of a nigga...

1 Like

Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by ohem007(m): 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2018
Checkout this post....
They dnt like us at all
www.nairaland.com/4636444/white-man-shot-black-father#69669591
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by IMASTEX: 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
OneSentence:

Sure I did
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by IMASTEX: 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2018
OneSentence:

Sure I did. Thanks
Re: Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 28, 2018
This is America after all, were you expecting her to say the following...

Americans know that being assosciated with racism is career and economic suicide unless you are in politics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If You Need Financial Help For Your Education...orphans Only / 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) / DELSU Lecturer Humiliated After He Tried Sleeping With A Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.