Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,068 members, 7,953,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:12 PM

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua (131567 Views)

God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / Wedding Photos: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo’s Son, Tomi Weds Dorothy In Style / $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by suedoh2006(m): 3:24pm On Jun 16, 2010
I'm so disappointed in these men of God. How can a man of God judge another man of God? Is obvious that they are seeking J.B Joshua Downfall. But lets remember this that the Bible say touch not my annoited and do my prophet no harm. Sual was a good example in the bible even when he sinned against God David refused to slain him because david knew the consequences. So my people lets learn to mind our business and let God take care of the wrong in other's people's life
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Chiddysville(m): 3:29pm On Jun 16, 2010
Who is even pastor Ashimolowo and co to judge another person? Are they even righteous before God? By being jealous of this man, don't they know that God will be blessing him more? Let me even ask, i thought the work of pastors are to deliver those in bondage? why have they not delivered him since heaven rejoice when a soul is saved? Why are they wishing him dead? is that what Jesus taught us? You people should wake up. Most of these guys parading as pastors are just after their own selfish ends. If they are really sincere they should pray that God should equally bless them with the gift of healing and deliverance
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by okeey(m): 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2010
na only God knows who serve him
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Chiddysville(m): 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2010
na only God knows who serve him[/]

At the same time use your head as a christian
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Vitality31(m): 3:50pm On Jun 16, 2010
searchcorp:

thanks for posting that auto biography of T.B. Joshua, i so much love that man, when Joseph Ayo Babalola was alife, white men called him fake and didnt believe in his ministry as a matter of fact anytime they interview him, they go like they cant even understand him. but now he is dead and respected., maybe T.B.Joshua would be respected when he is dead.

but for me, i m so loving him,[b] i ll like to be like him someday.[/b]

and just incase somebody would wanna talk - i m not even his church member but i am forever a xtian, and never an accuser of the brethren, God warned me not to ever say anything false about any xtian,

There is an easy way of been more than him 1million times, OKIJA SHRINE is not far, what do you fink?
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by wazobiang: 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2010
dirty linen hung outside.
naija no get records. even d persons talking no get verifiable record. but tb is out of ordinary to me sha.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by ucysiz(m): 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2010
All man to your tent, every person should concentrate on fulfilling his calling and should focus on that.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by igbsam(m): 4:09pm On Jun 16, 2010
His Humanitarian Service alone is enough for me to like him. How many pastors have done what he's doing today, rather, they enrich their pockets buying cars and jets. Wanting to move to VGC. Who can tell me the history of John the baptist, who is his pastor ?
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Joagbaje(m): 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2010
NuclearBoy,

nuclearboy:

@ Bolded:

Magical-like experiences!

Where is the Salvation experience?

You dont have the right to discredit another man's salvation. There are different callings. You know a christian by what he profess. If a man confess Jesus as his lord and master who are you to say he is unsaved.
Have you found out how RCCG  was founded?  are you aware it was an offshoot of C&S white garment. Maybe you should study on it.

1 Cor. 12:3
no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by damilola15: 4:25pm On Jun 16, 2010
ever since I heard  of that name. T.B. Joshua, it's been on thing or the other. All these does not concern me.
I don't remember reading that any prophet or pastors in the bible was really rich. These days, pastors are among the richest men in most countries.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by dejgan: 4:31pm On Jun 16, 2010
In the magazine (I wish you keep that interview and put it on the web), it practically settled the matter of Joshua or T.B Joshua. Certain questions were asked him (and I believe the person who asked him must be a committed Christian). "Tell us when you were born, when you became a Christian." And he said: "I have been a Christian from when I was born." Zero, Zero, Zero! You do not inherit Christianity. - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo

Pastor Matthew is a man I have great respect for, for the sake of clarity, let me say here that you can become a christian by birth. When you fill forms and you are asked of your religion, you are either a christian, muslim, traditionalist, etc. What you cant be by birth is a "believer" (or a born-again). On that note, T.B. Joshua was right to have told the reporter he was a christian from birth.

I think most people (elites especially) find it difficult to accept people who made it from a different route from theirs! This is in no way an approval or disaproval of the ministry of Prophet T.B. Joshua
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Loveaflame(m): 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2010
It is not for us to judge.But at the same time we should be aware of the damage some people have done to the body of Christ all in the name of church and Christ.

The issue of T.B is a controversial one.A man without history should be feared.He came from no where.Who was his mentor? Which church did he attend before he started his ministry.Lets fear a man without history.

Someone said who was the pastor of John the baptist?

HE WAS KNOWN BY ALL BEFORE HE STARTED HIS MINISTRY IN THE WILDERNESS.

Humanitarian service alone does not make one a man of God.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by geogentle: 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2010
Signs of end time
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by sizzlers(m): 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2010
na wah ooooo undecided i no no which one to believe again
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by eros(m): 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2010
Just as it is written in the good book, "I know my own and my own knows me". Let all men walk as they see fit, at the appointed time, God will judge all his actions and deeds.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by fuke(m): 6:05pm On Jun 16, 2010
My take on Pastor Joshua is this.

If he performs miracles as people say and the white people even
come to him, he should just continue because I believe those miracles
will not be possible without Gods approval.  God can work through anybody.
 I have seen very drunk people prophesing correctly. Now when he says
 he is in the flock of Asimolowo, Okonkwo, Ajiboye he has to prove it.
  You do not practice law in court without going to law school.

As for this biography, I have 2 little problems.

1. let somebody from that school, a teacher or a student corroborate this.
    Pastor Joshua himself should have named a witness to add credibility to his story.

2. I was born in 1955 and I did not meet white men working in my town. If pastor Joshua
   was born in 1963, it is very unlikely he met white men at Arigidi in Former Ondo province
    like Efon Alaye where I come ffrom.

i rest my case.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by fredanson: 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2010
Even if he is not using God's power but he is doing good with his powers,then let him be.Leave him with his God to judge
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Chiddysville(m): 6:31pm On Jun 16, 2010
. I was born in 1955 and I did not meet white men working in my town. If pastor Joshua
  was born in 1963, it is very unlikely he met white men at Arigidi in Former Ondo province

You must really be a first class hypocrite to have opened your mouth to judge another person. Have you taken out time to know the man you are accusing? for white men not having visited your village in 1965 is not a criteria for God. He makes use of whoever pleases Him no matter think. One thing you be after is, is TBJ bearing good fruits? Do you know that christianity is all about action and not what is said by mouth? From mere watching from afar, this man has truly won more souls for Christ than all your material and fun seeking pastors although that is not for me to judge. pls, kindly give respect to whom respect is due

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by jcross19: 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2010
what are the impacts that those ranting rubbish about t.b joshua have done on the life of their church menbers rather living in luxury life, building most expensive universities and whoping in private jet all arround with bdyguards then who is a pagan now are they not FRAUD? working with corrupt government of nigeria b,cos of their money mmm jesus suppose to be palling with the Herod during his time . ANY PASTOR THAT CRITISIZE TB JOSHUA IS A FAKE AND THERE IS NO SPIRIT OF GOD IN HIM OR HER . what has tb done to them ?Is preaching and never critizise any body mmm na wa ooooooooh BEAF
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by annie7(m): 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2010
The bible says judge not for you not to be judged.My own say on T.B Joshua is that the more ppl are criticizing this man,
the more he's flourishing in his ministries.So ppl should just remove the dirt in thier eyes before they talked about others.
Let God judge everybody according to his deeds.
A pastor came out last time in one of the dailies dat he saw Pastor Bimbo Odukoya of singles & married in hel fire, later on the pastor says the word is not from his mouth.Who can will then believe, sorry to say i don't trust all of this our big pastors in nigeria. The likes of Chris Okotie, Chris Oyakilome and co.  
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by TheClown: 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2010
I think Pastor TBJ's problem is english language. We expect him to talk like an intellectual, quote books, and relate events in logical sequence of occurrence. But truth is he is not as educated as the men of God most of us are farmilier with and he might not be relating the matters in his life in accordance with any laid down procedure. Again, understandings of spiritual terminologies are not the same unless you are used to their frequent use and judging from TBJ's claimed background, we cannot say with certainty that he understands some questions in the light with which they were asked.

I'm not a member of his church. I prefer to remain in the church where I understand the way things are done, as for the word of God, even a toddler can make an enormous impact in a grown up when prompted, Saint Augustine was converted to Christianity by an action of a mere child, prompted though. So we don't need to worry too much about how a man conducts his own church for even when you are sure that yours is scriptural, how sure are you that God does not accept his'. In the nutshell, the only seemingly objective part of Christianity is the word of God and that is what a Christian should seek from whatever edifying source possible. Lets leave worrying about churches to those who jump from church to church for they are the ones in the danger of falling into wrong hands.

One advice I have for us is to becareful; we might actually be speaking against the Devil or against God. Secondly, salvation is not a group affair. Everyone is personally responsible for his own salvation, including pastor Mathew and TBJ, therefore everyone should strive for the salvation of his own soul and let TBJ worry about his'.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Mesef1: 7:12pm On Jun 16, 2010
Even our Lord Jesus Christ had a testimony of going to the Synagogue with his parents as a lad, learning and asking intelligent questions. He learned from the scribes of those days even though he showed great wisdom. JESUS is supposed to be our model as christians

Notwithstanding the fact that I don't follow Ashimolowo, he made a lot of sense. The Bible says we should not judge yet it encouraged us to search all things and hold on to the one which is the truth.

Who were TBJ's teachers and even his students at the sunday school where he alleged to have taught?

Who were his classmates in school?

How did he get to the Bahamas?

Whether TBJ is true or fake is a personal opinion to anyone. However, we should encourage ourselves to be very discerning of things JESUS warned us about in Matthew 24 (particularly verses 5 and 11)
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by opribo(m): 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2010
in the days of old when the Prophet Elijah was around he challenged the prophets of Baal to a contest. So also I challenge all them pastors to a contest let the god the real prophet/pastor command the sun to stand still anyone that is able that is the one we shall believe. Minus that let them leave us alone.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Mesef1: 7:49pm On Jun 16, 2010
fuke:

My take on Pastor Joshua is this.

If he performs miracles as people say and the white people even
come to him, he should just continue because I believe those miracles
will not be possible without Gods approval. God can work through anybody.
I have seen very drunk people prophesing correctly. Now when he says
he is in the flock of Asimolowo, Okonkwo, Ajiboye he has to prove it.
You do not practice law in court without going to law school.

As for this biography, I have 2 little problems.

1. let somebody from that school, a teacher or a student corroborate this.
Pastor Joshua himself should have named a witness to add credibility to his story.

2. I was born in 1955 and I did not meet white men working in my town. If pastor Joshua

i rest my case.

Mr Fuke, please don't be decieved by miracles. Even the devil can do miracles. If you are a Christian, you must have heard of the story of how Moses's rod turn to snake in Pharaoh's palace. Also, in that palace and at that scene, Pharaoh's men had their rods turn to snake too even though Moses's snake swallowed theirs. But the fact remains that they also got their rods turn to snakes, yet they don't serve God but mammons.

Jesus referred to John the Baptist as the greatest of all the prophets before him, yet John the Baptist did not do a single miracle, he only preached the word - the bitter truth.

I believe in Miracles, all I'm saying is that it is not a proof that God is the one working it. Devil can do miracles but cannot only give salvation. Please don't be carried away!
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by amirize(m): 8:12pm On Jun 16, 2010
You this matoyeh (m) of a man or boy, I don't know which to call you sef. Make you carry your time do better thing na than to dey go de research men of God history before we know now you go begin research God history too. MAKE GOD NO NAK YOU OOO.
You know go go think how and wetin you go do like these men of God to take better people life for this world. You de there they reasearch ya head. When Prophet T.B Joshua dey struggle for him ministry, where una dey? Na wey God don make am de shine, Jelousy wan kill una. Instead wey you go go research how you go take cure disease, invent one technology wey go better your country Nigeria like your mates dey do for U.S here, you dey there dey research your papa head.

Take time mo n make you repent before devil go research you. Nonsense ! ! !
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by trojanprom: 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2010
I personally think we have alot to say on this issue. The fact remains that only God knows the true worshipper and the bible made us understand that we should touch not the anointed and do prophet no arm. I think every other minister of God should face there ministry rather than blaspheming others. How sure are we that Pastor Mattew Ashimolowo himself is a true man of God, ? or any other person like him. Should we speak of Chris Okotie who claimed he was sent by God to contest the presidential seat but failed consecutively, if i may ask is God a party to failure, ?. in christianity, one thing remains constant. That every ministry is backed by a covenant, so if TB Joshua's covenant is MIRACLE and DELIVERANCE then i think we should live him to that and to God and stop this mind of hatred and jealousy. Humanly speaking, how many so-called man of God has done one-tenth of what TB Joshua has done to the country and world at large, ? All we see are fleet of expensive cars with customized number properties for pastors alone why members who bring all these wallow away in poverty. Let's stop condemnation and team up together in building a better nigeria. PLEASE LIVE TB JOSHUA ALONE. And let's live God to judge

1 Like

Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by maedan(f): 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2010
I agree that men of God should not pass judgement on each other. I also agree that it is not our place to question or demean the authenticity of a man of God. I only wonder why TB Joshua has been the target for so much controversy. Many have said there is something "fishy" about him. All this has a hand in clouding the views of others and will not allow them to be objective when it comes to viewing his case. Anyway I won't continue to perambulate on matters I know little or nothing about. I will follow whose teachings of God I want to follow, and leave the rest undecided.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by nuclearboy(m): 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2010
@Joagbaje:

Once it is me writing, you take leave of your senses. Wetin I do you na? Na wa for you, pasitor.

you said

Joagbaje:

NuclearBoy,

You dont have the right to discredit another man's salvation. There are different callings. You know a christian by what he profess. If a man confess Jesus as his lord and master who are you to say he is unsaved.
Have you found out how RCCG  was founded?  are you aware it was an offshoot of C&S white garment. Maybe you should study on it.

1 Cor. 12:3
no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Haven't you forgotten something - I posted a caveat stating "I DO NOT SAY HE's FAKE". I just said the story doesn't show much of a testimony. How does that mean I said he is unsaved? How does it mean I'm discrediting him?

All this "W" worrying you na wah O. Maybe you should study on what "W" means too!
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by PXLArt: 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2010
True Christians know the word of God, so why bother, the thing is , those that dont know, will be misled by signs and wonders,

Just check out this website for info,

http:// pxlart .co .cc
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Gifo(m): 9:53pm On Jun 16, 2010
@ All:
Prophet T.B. Joshua will continue to deliver and heal the afflicted, settle broken homes and set free the falsely accused in the name of Jesus. He will still entertain Heads of States(Prof. Atta Mills-Ghana etc), VIPs from all over the world improving our image abroad and boosting our tourism(Lagos Ikotun-Egbe people I hail oh). He will continue to provide for the handicapped and less privileged(they'll continue to bless him); continue to deliver armed robbers and babalawos to make us safer. He continues to sponsor football producing young players for the country from his club (including U-17 MVP Emmanuel, No.1 Goal-keeper etc). He would continue to,

As I'm fasting and praying to get my enlightenment, when I start to perform in Jesus' name you'll ask me my mentor(pastor) a be? Well na Jesus and Holy spirit.

For those playing God or those who think they are soldiers for God fighting for Him and judging, well God has a host of angels that can do that. Criticism of Prophet T.B. Joshua no matter the volume will pass, infact these are the things that make him popular and attract more people. Just keep doing it; but just one thing in mind, what if he has the true anointing of the Holy Spirit; what if? Have you examined your life, have you reached your peak, perhaps could you redirect your energy into positives for yourself, others around you and the nation? Perhaps you can install and watch EmmanuelTV, It may change your life for good. Peace @ All.
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by Chiddysville(m): 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2010
@ All:
Prophet T.B. Joshua will continue to deliver and heal the afflicted, settle broken homes and set free the falsely accused in the name of Jesus. He will still entertain Heads of States(Prof. Atta Mills-Ghana etc), VIPs from all over the world improving our image abroad and boosting our tourism(Lagos Ikotun-Egbe people I hail oh). He will continue to provide for the handicapped and less privileged(they'll continue to bless him); continue to deliver armed robbers and babalawos to make us safer. He continues to sponsor football producing young players for the country from his club (including U-17 MVP Emmanuel, No.1 Goal-keeper etc). He would continue to,

As I'm fasting and praying to get my enlightenment, when I start to perform in Jesus' name you'll ask me my mentor(pastor) a be? Well na Jesus and Holy spirit.

For those playing God or those who think they are soldiers for God fighting for Him and judging, well God has a host of angels that can do that. Criticism of Prophet T.B. Joshua no matter the volume will pass, infact these are the things that make him popular and attract more people. Just keep doing it; but just one thing in mind, what if he has the true anointing of the Holy Spirit; what if? Have you examined your life, have you reached your peak, perhaps could you redirect your energy into positives for yourself, others around you and the nation? Perhaps you can install and watch EmmanuelTV, It may change your life for good. Peace @ All.

GBAM
Re: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua by udobim: 11:02pm On Jun 16, 2010
God knows those that serve him. (in spirit and truth).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Phillip Frimpong Biography: Meet Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome's Husband To Be / Myles Munroe, His Wife & Daughter Are Dead (Plane Crash) / Body Exposing Dress A Lady Wore To Church That Got People Talking -see Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.