Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria (1740 Views)

European Union Backs Okonjo-Iweala For WTO Job – Bloomberg / ECOWAS Endorses Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala For WTO Job / President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 23, 2018
Yes, how great will it be having Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Dr Akinwunmi Adesina as the President and Vice President of Nigeria respectively.

Would you support and vote for them? What a man can do, a woman can do better. Do you think they would also fail like several Nigerian leaders.

Give your candid opinion.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2018
NOI is the most qualified Nigerian for the office of president dead or alive. She is the real definition of someone having power. She would be a respected president internationally. She is a gift Nigeria does not deserve.
If Nigeria was full of patriots, we would be begging her to be our president. I mean literally begging her to lead us out of this hell.
Yes the average Nigerian is living in hell right now, they just dont know it because they ignorance has become a painful bliss.
I repeat Nigeria should be begging NOI to lead us as president. We have tried to undermine her potential. But the world has exalted her

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Horus(m): 6:27pm On Jul 23, 2018
She is a good economist and she can fight against corruption

1 Like

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by BankeSmalls(f): 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2018
She's too big to rule a shitholle country. Kemi Oluwole for president abeg. Forged country deserves those with forged certificate to rule it. grin

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by LIFEisSIMPLE: 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2018
Sadly It cannot happen in Nigeria. Here is 7 reasons why
1. She is Igbo
2. She is a woman
3. She is not a muslim
4. She is very intelligent
5. She is a sound technocrat
5. She is respected internationally
6. She will bring in international investors
7. She will make women to start feeling themself

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2018
not going to happen

1 Like

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by potoX: 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2018
When you get your Biafra you can vote her in as your president if you like, we won't mind relating with her

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by TheKabal: 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Sadly It cannot happen in Nigeria. Here is 7 reasons why
1. She is Igbo
2. She is a woman
3. She is not a muslim
4. She is very intelligent
5. She is a sound technocrat
5. She is respected internationally
6. [s]She will bring in international investors[/s]
7. [s]She will make women to start feeling themself[/s]

OBJ is a Christian, Jonathan is a Christian

Your disgusting!

1 Like

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Horus(m): 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2018
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is a Nigerian economist and the first female Minister of Finance.

She served two terms as Finance Minister of Nigeria (2003-2006, 2011-2015) under the leadership of president Olusegun Obasanjo and president Umaru Musa Yaradu'a respectively. She was the Managing Director of the World Bank (2007-2011) and chairs the Board of the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) and the African Risk Capacity (ARC).

In July 2018, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was named on the board of Twitter Inc.

In July 2017, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was named an independent non-executive director at Standard Chartered Plc in the United Kingdom.

She is also a Senior Adviser at Lazard.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by LIFEisSIMPLE: 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2018
Such a profile.
Horus:
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is a Nigerian economist and the first female Minister of Finance.

She served two terms as Finance Minister of Nigeria (2003-2006, 2011-2015) under the leadership of president Olusegun Obasanjo and president Umaru Musa Yaradu'a respectively. She was the Managing Director of the World Bank (2007-2011) and chairs the Board of the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) and the African Risk Capacity (ARC).

In July 2017, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was named an independent non-executive director at Standard Chartered Plc in the United Kingdom.

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
NOI is the most qualified Nigerian for the office of president dead or alive. She would be a respected president internationally. She is a gift Nigeria does not deserve.
If Nigeria was full of patriots, we would be begging her to be our president. I mean literally begging her to lead us out of this hell.
Yes the average Nigerian is living in hell right now, they just dont know it because they ignorance has become a painful bliss.
I repeat Nigeria should be begging NOI to lead us as president. We have tried to undermine her potential. But the world has exalted her
and none of her children are schooling in Nigeria,she's no different from our present leaders
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by docadams: 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2018
Horus:

Most of all, let's we forget,
she cant be trusted with plenty money; she led an economy from a state of affluence to one that was borrowing to pay salaries- world/national record

1 Like

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by ChidiAlaigbo: 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2018
I WILL SNUFF LIFE OUT OF THIS CONNIVING UGLIEST ASEXUAL FAT BEAST OF A WOMAN.

THIS SAME USELESS WOMAN OVERSAW THE GREATEST ROBBERY AND DIMINISHING OF THE NIGERIAN STATE.

THE WESTERN BASTARDS ARE GIVING HER USELESS TITLES THAT DOES NOT BENEFIT HER AND HER IGNORANT MUMU IGBO PEOPLE. ASK SOLUDO, THIS CHIMPANZEE LOOKING WOMAN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WRETCHEDNESS THAT WILL AFFECT GENERATIONS OF NIGERIANS TO COME. ASK SOLUDO IF YOU THINK I AM LYING.

I HATE THIS WOMAN, I SWEAR!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by LIFEisSIMPLE: 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2018
AngryNigerian22:
and none of her children are schooling in Nigeria,she's no different from our present leaders
she made the best decision
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
she made the best decision
OK then she's not fit to be the president of this country

Best decision ever
smiley
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by keeeem: 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2018
NOI of all people? Not Nigeria bro. Someone who supervised the looting of our patrimony? Please let's face facts. She is not worthy of managing Nigeria. She is good for IMF and Twitter. That is her competence. Making her Coordinating Minister was promotion beyond her level of competence....QED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Guestlander: 11:28pm On Jul 23, 2018
BankeSmalls:
She's too big to rule a shitholle country. Kemi Oluwole for president abeg. Forged country deserves those with forged certificate to rule it. grin

Nobody is ever too big to rule his or her country. This is a load of horse crap.
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Lorenzop: 11:56pm On Jul 23, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
NOI is the most qualified Nigerian for the office of president dead or alive. She would be a respected president internationally. She is a gift Nigeria does not deserve.
Ngozi won't even bother thinking about it, Nigerian politics is dirty
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Lorenzop: 11:58pm On Jul 23, 2018
keeeem:
NOI of all people? Not Nigeria bro. Someone who supervised the looting of our patrimony? Please let's face facts. She is not worthy of managing Nigeria. She is good for IMF and Twitter. That is her competence. Making her Coordinating Minister was promotion beyond her level of competence....QED
Am so sure that in your entire state till the fifth generation, no one can match NOI achievement both home and abroad....if you feel she stole why not write a petition against her to the EFCC....parrot
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Throwback: 12:00am On Jul 24, 2018
I will consider voting for her after she explains how she managed our economy and finances from 2011 to 2015.

It is on record that it was the period we generated the most revenue from oil sales.
It is on record that it was the period that despite the increased revenue, we did not add a single dollar to our foreign exchange reserves but ran it down. It is on record we did not save a single Naira but ran down all our known national savings.

It is on record that it was the first period since the 1990s that the federal government had to borrow money to pay salaries in Feb/Mar/Apr 2015.

It is on record that she was the minister who lamented that she as Finance minister and coordinating minister of Economy, was leading us to a recession, but did nothing to correct or avert it, as though she was waiting for a miracle.

It is on record that she coordinated all manner of embezzlement of both budgeted and unbudgeted/unapproved public funds to the presidency and its political cronies, and allowed all manner of import waivers that did not do the economy any good.

If she can explain her failures from 2011 to 2015 when things were so easy it was so hard to fail, then I would consider if she is capable of pulling the nation out of the recession she was warning about despite being the helpless coordinator of the economy that was plunging towards that recession she predicted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Mikeross62: 12:13am On Jul 24, 2018
hmmm
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Truthcat: 2:12am On Jul 24, 2018
Joke of the century! President of biafra that is

1 Like

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Truthcat: 2:19am On Jul 24, 2018
Word!

Even a decent person isn't talking of being president, but a known thief. She wants to sell the rest of Nigeria to the gloabalist in exchange for waiting their tables.
Throwback:
I will consider voting for her after she explains how she managed our economy and finances from 2011 to 2015.

It is on record that it was the period we generated the most revenue from oil sales.
It is on record that it was the period that despite the increased revenue, we did not add a single dollar to our foreign exchange reserves but ran it down. It is on record we did not save a single Naira but ran down all our known national savings.

It is on record that it was the first period since the 1990s that the federal government had to borrow money to pay salaries in Feb/Mar/Apr 2015.

It is on record that she was the minister who lamented that she as Finance minister and coordinating minister of Economy, was leading us to a recession, but did nothing to correct or avert it, as though she was waiting for a miracle.

It is on record that she coordinated all manner of embezzlement of both budgeted and unbudgeted/unapproved public funds to the presidency and its political cronies, and allowed all manner of import waivers that did not do the economy any good.

If she can explain her failures from 2011 to 2015 when things were so easy it was so hard to fail, then I would consider if she is capable of pulling the nation out of the recession she was warning about despite being the helpless coordinator of the economy that was plunging towards that recession she predicted.
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by theophorus(m): 2:26am On Jul 24, 2018
If you Campaign for Anyone who is More than 50years Old...
You a Lazy Nigeria Youth.

Please, we need Fresh Ideas not those Old-thieves.

Have you been to Ogwashi (Delta state) before, Do you know the Road to Her Father's Palace? If you do You will Understand.
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by keeeem: 3:39am On Jul 24, 2018
Lorenzop:

Am so sure that in your entire state till the fifth generation, no one can match NOI achievement both home and abroad....if you feel she stole why not write a petition against her to the EFCC....parrot
It is very unfortunate that you wrote without even reading my post and equally disappointing that you could resort to insulting me on a forum like this. It is very unfair. It clearly shows serious lack of good upbringing

Where in the post did you see me say she stole money? I will not travel with you on your descent. Remember this is a public forum. Those things you say here measures the way people view you
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by LIFEisSIMPLE: 5:45am On Jul 24, 2018
Nigerians never put the country first. They put tribes and religion at the forefront.
The only thing holding this country together is crude oil (super glue)
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 24, 2018
AngryNigerian22:
Must your children school in Nigeria for you to be a good leader. If at all you are a parent, would you not give your children the best education you can afford. Please let us leave beer parlour discussion for the uneducated. Everyone wants the best for their children. Don't leave a fake life. If you have the money to send your child to Harvard, will you send such a child to UniLag because you want to score political point?
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 24, 2018
Truthcat:
Word!

Even a decent person isn't talking of being president, but a known thief. She wants to sell the rest of Nigeria to the gloabalist in exchange for waiting their tables.
Between her and president Buhari who would you pick if you were to vote? Don't exaggerate a wrong just because you don't like the person
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by wirinet(m): 7:06am On Jul 24, 2018

Take Ngozi (Okonjo-Iweala), who worked for me. And who worked competently for me. Because I know Ngozi’s weaknesses, but I know her strong points. Her strong point is technical competence. But Ngozi needs to be led and to be supervised. Now will you comment on Ngozi who worked for me as the same Ngozi who worked for Jonathan? Will you? But it’s the same person. - Olusegun Obasanjo

If Okonjo Iweala becomes President, who will lead her?

She was effectively vice president during the Jonathan administration and she messed up big time.
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Lorenzop: 7:07am On Jul 24, 2018
keeeem:

It is very unfortunate that you wrote without even reading my post and equally disappointing that you could resort to insulting me on a forum like this. It is very unfair. It clearly shows serious lack of good upbringing

Where in the post did you see me say she stole money? I will not travel with you on your descent. Remember this is a public forum. Those things you say here measures the way people view you
what do you mean when you said she supervised the looting? or that she is incompetent.....you deserve even a slap for insulting a woman of her calibre
Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by wirinet(m): 7:12am On Jul 24, 2018
Lorenzop:

what do you mean when you said she supervised the looting? or that she is incompetent.....you deserve even a slap for insulting a woman of her calibre

She was highly incompetent during the Jonathan administration.

She was the finance minister and coordinating minister for the economy and she had no idea of how much money NNPC was remitting into the Nigerian federation account, she has no idea of how much subsidy she was paying to oil marketers, she was borrowing money to pay salaries, and lots more.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala For President Of Nigeria by Truthcat: 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2018
Knowing what I know now, I won't pick either of the two sides of same coin. One is an ethnic bigot and the other a thief, both are murderers. No exaggeration here!

enairaprof:

Between her and president Buhari who would you pick if you were to vote? Don't exaggerate a wrong just because you don't like the person

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Might Be In A Lot Of Trouble. / Lagosian Edo Man Explodes "The Igbos Own 50 Percent Of Businesses In Lagos" Vid / Did Atiku's Emergence PDP Presidential Candidate Reduce The IPOB Agitation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.