Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,416 members, 7,846,750 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Instal Me Now, Opponent Of Deposed Deji Tells Ondo Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Instal Me Now, Opponent Of Deposed Deji Tells Ondo Govt (573 Views)

Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo / Ondo Govt's Statement On Lagos Crash / Deposed Deji Of Akure Should Commit Suicide - Akinyele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Instal Me Now, Opponent Of Deposed Deji Tells Ondo Govt by evil666(m): 9:04am On Jun 16, 2010
AS the stool of the Deji of Akure becomes vacant, the man who was initially selected for the throne, Mr. Adegbola Adelabu, on Tuesday, asked the Ondo State government to install him as the next monarch.

Adelabu, who spoke with newsmen in Akure, said having almost completed the installation rites before he was schemed out, he should be recognised and be allowed to assume the throne.

According to him, the installation of the deposed Deji, Mr. Oluwadare Adesina, was done in error and a nullity having been restrained by a court of competent jurisdiction.

It will be recalled that the 18 kingmakers in Akure kingdom had unanimously selected Adelabu in 2000 to become the Deji of Akure, after the demise of Oba Adebobajo Adesida.

Adelabu, who was the candidate of the Osupa ruling house, had almost completed the traditional and installation rites necessary for the enthronement of a Deji before his installation was stopped.

He was later replaced with Adesina, who was eventually installed the Deji of Akure in November 2005.
However, following the deposition of Adesina by the state government, Adelabu said, “The installation of Adesina in the first instance was a nullity; the popularity referred to in the state chieftaincy law is the popularity with the kingmakers.

“We cannot say that an Osupa man had ruled because the said Osupa man was not properly installed, there was an injunction stopping the matter before the government went ahead to present the staff of office and that is why we are having problem today, when somebody went through the rigours of performing the rites and he was denied.

“I waited for over five years; nobody gave me staff of office, in his own case, within five days he was given staff of office so we all know that something was wrong with the process and it must be corrected”.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo To Construct 2.5km Road With N2.8bn / Nigeria Is Broke, Did Not Shock Me. NNPC / How Governors Rig Elections, By Donald Duke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.