Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,494 members, 7,836,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS (1212 Views)

Drama Over Power Outage During Power Minister’s N344bn Budget Defence In NASS / Senate Presidency: How Oshiomhole Triggered Crisis In NASS / Crisis Looms In NASS As Staff Vows To Resist Inter-service Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by Ecstasy154(m): 5:37am On Jul 25, 2018
…Saraki, Dogara send advance team to PDP

Although, the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) still maintain its majority position in the two chambers of the National Assembly, the gale of defection witnessed by the parliament yesterday may eventually alter the power equation.

According to sources, more lawmakers had plan to defect, in a planned mass cross-carpeting which was scheduled to begin on Thursday. But the fear of security harassment and arrest of presiding officers of the National Assembly forced the aggrieved members to announce their political affiliation.

This is also responsible for the abrupt adjournment of the two chambers till September.

It is expected that by the time the parliament reconvene in , more lawmakers who would lose party primaries to preference candidates of the various state governors are likely to join the list of defected lawmakers, as a way of political survival.

Nevertheless, the ruling APC still has an opportunity to woo more lawmakers from other minority parties into their fold. This is just as a possible reconciliation could attract those who defected to the ADC, particularly from Oyo state.

If this window of opportunity is effectively explored, and ruling APC takes advantage of these low hanging fruits, the party will retain its may position. But if the APC leadership further mismanage the already bad situation the party may eventually record a twist of fate and become a minority party to the PDP.

This however may not change the leadership structure in both the Senate and the House, as the presiding officers already have sympathy from lawmakers across the divides.

Irrespective of however the pendulum swings, it is just a question of time, the Senate President Dr. Bukola Saraki , Speaker, Yakubu Dogara and Deputy Speaker, Yussuff Lasun Sulaimon will eventually join their advanced team in the PDP and leadership of the National Assembly will formally form an opposition to the current administration.

https://leadership.ng/2018/07/25/how-defection-ll-alter-political-equation-in-nass/

Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by PassingShot(m): 5:40am On Jul 25, 2018
I laugh at the euphoria greeting the defection.

APC and Buharists have known long ago that these decampees were only APC in posturing but PDP in their deeds. So, not surprising.

The following facts remain unchanged irrespective of the defection

1. At the end of all defections, APC will still be in firm control of at least 20 solid states

2. Most of the defectors already lost out in supremacy battle for the control of the party structure in their state. That means they were not in charge in their various states. The only exception is Saraki/Kwara

3. Many of these decampees actually rode on Buhari Tsunami to win in 2019. Not the other way round. Examples are Monsurat Sunmonu, Hunkuyi, Sheu Sanni, etc.

4. PDP will surely experience worse version of current development by the time it goes through primaries/convention for national election, especially the presidential primary. Surely, Atiku, Kwankwaso and those who didn't leave PDP in 2015 will battle to finish. Expect some defections to APC after PDP's primaries grin grin grin

5. The politician who will get 40% of the entire votes in the North against PMB has not been born. Forget all the online noise. I watched Atiku's declaration event and I could only laugh at him. grin grin grin

After all is said and done, APC will have a majority in 2019 and will control nothing less than 20 states which will be core APC states.

PMB till 2023 is a project on course. All this na side attractions.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by buhariguy(m): 5:55am On Jul 25, 2018
Everything still remain the same.
Those that defect have always be an opposition to buhari since inception of this anti corruption government.

We are still expecting about 12 pigs to go, like saraki, shehu and bukar etc.

And we are expecting about 25 repentant senators from other party especially from SE and SS.
Because the political permutation has change.

1 Like

Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by PassingShot(m): 5:56am On Jul 25, 2018
Juiblate not PDP.

The cake you grabbed today is the cake you have been eating for three years. You have actually been the defacto majority party.

Take time out and welcome the mercenaries in your midst. It's good you now know your name is synonymous with filth. Change it as soon as you can.

Don't celebrate PDP. The electoral map cannot be changed by a motley of weightless politicians seeking self survival. The odds are firmly stacked against you.

Yes Kwankwaso will come with votes. And Kwara was already yours since you lured Saraki into eating the forbidden fruit. But a thousand Missaus, Monsurats, Melayes will fetch you only a spittle.

Atiku will come with tons of money. But he cant deliver Adamawa. and if you don't pick him he will retire to the sidelines.

Kwara will be fought for. Saraki's hold on it will be ruthlessly tested. Gombe will be contested too.

And when you name your presidential candidate we will know what Kwankwaso can do for him in Kano. Shehu Sani will come to you with poems and nothing more. Hankuyi is with you already. Their hearts have been with you for years.

But you know you may lose Delta. And AkwaIbom is now in the mix.

If you don't give Turaki your ticket you will struggle for money like Fayose. Wike will have a fight in Rivers he may not have money to finance battle ground states outside Rivers.

Make your noise PDP. But don't let it linger. Benue was yours since the killer herdsmen came with fury. So you can as well have Ortom. But the ruling party is not sleeping. You lost Ondo and lost Ekiti. You may lose in Osun.

APC may be lighter but fitter without the moles. Members of house of representatives will defect too. But they cant alter 2019 significantly.

Oshiomhole is a handful. Secondus is a puppet. Do not merry . Hurry and raise a presidential candidate. If you choose Dankwanmbo then you will need crowd funding. And for crowd funding you will really need a new name.

But what can a new name really do. Nigerians still know Kingsway road Ikoyi and Douglas Road Owerri. Your old name will stick with stench.

And let me tell you. Your majority will yield nothing besides high fives. The budget is settled. The elections are 6 months away. The NASS will go on recess. When they resume in October they will be too preoccupied with elections to do anything.

Buhari is simply unimpeachable till February.

Dance all you want PDP supporters. You have grieved for too long. Have a little joy before your grief returns in 2019

Credit: Dr Ugo Egbujo

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by Greyworld: 5:59am On Jul 25, 2018
Same tenacity should be used in fighting forthe masses that purported voted for them. Same "cunning antic" should be used to defeat economic and religious problems.
Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by gabbijason(m): 6:18am On Jul 25, 2018
We are all waiting till 2019
Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by Firefire(m): 6:21am On Jul 25, 2018
Buhary is a fraud & failure, a mistake Nigerians will correct in the next election.

1 Like

Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by koboko69: 6:29am On Jul 25, 2018
PassingShot:

APC and Buharists have known long ago that these decampees were only APC in posturing but PDP in their deeds. So, not surprising.

1. At the end of all defections, APC will still be in firm control of at least 20 solid states

2. Most of the defectors already lost out in supremacy battle for the control of the party structure in their state. That means they were not in charge in their various states. The only exception is Saraki/Kwara

3. Many of these decampees actually rode on Buhari Tsunami to win in 2019. Not the other way round. Examples are Monsurat Sunmonu, Hunkuyi, Sheu Sanni, etc.

4. PDP will surely experience worse version of current development by the time it goes through primaries/convention for national election, especially the presidential primary. Surely, Atiku, Kwankwaso and those who didn't leave PDP in 2015 will battle to finish. Expect some defections to APC after PDP's primaries grin grin grin

5. The politician who will get 40% of the entire votes in the North against PMB has not been born. Forget all the online noise. I watched Atiku's declaration event and I could only laugh at him. grin grin grin

After all is said and done, APC will have a majority in 2019 and will control nothing less than 20 states which will be core APC states.

Plenty sense dey this your post...
But watch the intellectually lazy pigs and other youths chant Zombie or BMC rather than counter the solid points made. That is what nairaland as been reduced to.
I remember how this section was around this time b4 2015 elections. What we have now is silly, dumb kids that one begin to wonder what the future really holds for this indomie generation

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by abiolert(m): 6:37am On Jul 25, 2018
PassingShot:

The truth is Buhari is undefeatable till 2023.

3 Likes

Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by Sunky200: 6:47am On Jul 25, 2018
Perhaps we are in a state of equilibrium!
Henry Louis Le Chatelier, a French chemist of the late 19th and
early 20th centuries posited...
“When a chemical system is in equilibrium and one of the factors
involved in the equilibrium is altered, the equilibrium will shift so as to tend to annul the effect of the change.”
In other words, “when a system experiences a disturbance (such
as concentration, temperature, or pressure changes), it will
respond to restore a new equilibrium state."
Although originally formulated for chemical processes, the Le
Chatelier's principle has been applied to Economics (price
equilibrium) and Biology (homeostasis).
I believe this principle can explain what is going on in our dear
country (Nigeria). The more we fight corruption by changing the
tactics, the more aggressive the equilibrium shifts to cancel the
change!
Paraphrasing Le Chatelier's principle then...
“When a corrupt system is stable and one of the things supporting
the stability is attacked the corrupt system will shift so as to tend
to nullify the source and effect of the attack.”
May reason fall on us.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 25, 2018
Firefire:
Buhary is a fraud & failure, a mistake Nigerians will correct in the next election.
Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo greenback Alariiwo Roger3d
Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by gentlegenius(m): 7:37am On Jul 25, 2018
Firefire:
How Buhari spent his First term in office...

1st Year -
He was a VAGABOND! Moving about from one country to another, sometimes, embarrassing our country in the process. Maybe he wanted to touch all parts of the world before settling down to face Nigeria's problems.

2nd Year -
He was a PATIENT! Lying down somewhere in London with a sickness only known to him and his family, expecting Nigerians to wish him well and pray for his quick recovery.

3rd Year -
He is now a TYRANT! Hunting and witch-hunting anyone who dares oppose his style of leadership using either the police or the EFCC. Yet his supporters claim he is fighting corruption.

By extrapolation, It is very easy to predict how buhari will spend his 4th Year in office -
He will be a DESPERADO! Doing everything humanly possible to perpetuate himself in office even against the wishes of many Nigerians.

In case anyone has forgotten how buhari ruled us in his 1st term in office, now I just reminded you.
Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by Firefire(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2018
gentlegenius:

How Buhari spent his First term in office...

1st Year -
He was a VAGABOND! Moving about from one country to another, sometimes, embarrassing our country in the process. Maybe he wanted to touch all parts of the world before settling down to face Nigeria's problems.

2nd Year -
He was a PATIENT! Lying down somewhere in London with a sickness only known to him and his family, expecting Nigerians to wish him well and pray for his quick recovery.

3rd Year -
He is now a TYRANT! Hunting and witch-hunting anyone who dares oppose his style of leadership using either the police or the EFCC. Yet his supporters claim he is fighting corruption.

By extrapolation, It is very easy to predict how buhari will spend his 4th Year in office -
He will be a DESPERADO! Doing everything humanly possible to perpetuate himself in office even against the wishes of many Nigerians.

In case anyone has forgotten how buhari ruled us in his 1st term in office, now I just reminded you.

So detailed!

Thank you

1 Like

Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by babyfaceafrica: 7:54am On Jul 25, 2018
hmmm...I don't know why people are jubilating about the defections.. it is still two parties with selfish interests.. what is the difference between atiku,bubu,kwankwaso and saraki?

1 Like

Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by SarakiBukola: 12:25pm On Jul 26, 2018
gentlegenius:

[s]How Buhari spent his First term in office...

1st Year -

2nd Year -

3rd Year -

In case anyone has forgotten how buhari ruled us in his 1st term in office, now I just reminded you.[/s]

PMB is a very bad president, i agree... Even worse than GEJ

But writing epistles over and over while he's far greater than your entire generations can ever hope to be won't make you less of a pauper.

You look very hungry, my friend. Better go out and hawk instead of these long messages grin
Re: How Defection ’ll Alter Political Equation In NASS by gentlegenius(m): 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2018
SarakiBukola:

PMB is a very bad president, i agree... Even worse than GEJ

But writing epistles over and over while he's far greater than your entire generations can ever hope to be won't make you less of a pauper.

You look very hungry, my friend. Better go out and hawk instead of these long messages grin
Sometimes, even a fool is counted as wise if he keeps his mouth shut. By mere seeing your moniker, I could have counted you as a noble person worthy of respect, but by failing to close your mouth, you expose your over-sensitivity.
Since you know that buhari is not good, and you probably know that everything I wrote about him is true, why are you feeling pained about the number of times I decided to share my post?
How dare you claim that buhari is more successful than my entire family can ever be? Do you know tomorrow?
Do you know who I am, where I am today or what I do?
If you think that being a President is what makes one successful, then you are still centuries behind our present world and perhaps, you will never succeed in life unless you become a President.
Pls next time, learn how to address or attack issues instead of attacking people you don't even know.

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal, Ortom, Kwankwaso, Gemade, Others Show Up At PDP NEC Meeting / Bukola Saraki fake ambition and his plan for soft landing should in case he fail / Rain Of Abuse On Wasiu Ayinde Marshal K1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.