Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,775 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? (4104 Views)

Poll: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals?

Yes, they are annoyingly loud and ruin the spectacle: 48% (48 votes)
No, they enhance the atmosphere in the stadium: 34% (34 votes)
I'm indifferent: 16% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time / Maradona's Vuvuzela / Vuvuzela Manual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by Princek12(m): 6:49pm On Jun 16, 2010
Mudley313:

thanks for stealing my thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-462129.0.html

oleh

That is typical of Nairaland moderators. They see an interesting topic and, instead of placing that topic on the homepage, they clone the topic and put it in the homepage under their names or their buddy's names. Before your story makes frontpage, you have to a buddy of a moderator or the buddy of moderator's buddy. It is not really based on merit, as in Naija mentality.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by Purist(m): 7:08pm On Jun 16, 2010
Princek12:

That is typical of Nairaland moderators. They see an interesting topic and, instead of placing that topic on the homepage, they clone the topic and put it in the homepage under their names or their buddy's names. Before your story makes frontpage, you have to a buddy of a moderator or the buddy of moderator's buddy. It is not really based on merit, as in Naija mentality.

And what exactly would they gain by doing this? Please let's not derail this thread with petty accusations. Thanks.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by mykali(m): 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2010
the thing does not stop me from enjoying my football.
they can blow it till they brains burst.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by wazobiang: 7:26pm On Jun 16, 2010
Red card for you for even thinking of banning vuvuzela.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by denony(m): 7:33pm On Jun 16, 2010
every body blow your trumpet
vuuuuuuuuuuuvuuuuuuuuuuuzeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaa

blow it harderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaa
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by maedan(f): 8:09pm On Jun 16, 2010
I guess the only way to shut them up would be if they crash out of the WC as soon as possible. Let's see who would be vu-vu-zelling then.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by Oba234: 8:24pm On Jun 16, 2010
^^^^^^^ they blow the Vuvuzela at every game whether south africa is playing or not. Many south africans have tickets to many f the home games regardless of who is playing.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by matiltomd(f): 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2010
I'm loving this thread, been laughing silly,
@Maedan and Denony;lol,

But honestly,i think the commenators mic makes it sound louder than it actually is, Abi no be dat plastic thing? Maybe the way i dey blow my own dey different,compared to those enthusiasts in S.A,
Up Vuvu! Up Zela! Lol
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by maedan(f): 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2010
Oba234:

^^^^^^^ they blow the Vuvuzela at every game whether south africa is playing or not. Many south africans have tickets to many f the home games regardless of who is playing.
matiltom_d:

I'm loving this thread, been laughing silly,
@Maedan and Denony;lol,

But honestly,i think the commenators mic makes it sound louder than it actually is, Abi no be dat plastic thing? Maybe the way i dey blow my own dey different,compared to those enthusiasts in S.A,
Up Vuvu! Up Zela! Lol

Never you mind, I can promise you that once they are out of the competition they might lose a lot of their Vuvu-Zeal grin. Yes, I know they will still be attending the matches, but trust me, I doubt if they would be inclined to make as much noise as when their team was playing.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2010
Please leave the vuvuzela alone. It's cool. People will have something to take home from Africa. It's not the vuvuzela making noise. I blew that thing away during 2007 Notting Hill carnival in London and it's fun. All the kids coming to the matches enjoying their vuvzela even though they don't know how to watch soccer yet are having fun. Keep bowing!!!!! Some Americans are just mad no one cares about the NBA finals right now and so they write up stupid articles about real football and all that. In a boring match the vuvuzelas makes you forget the match is boring at all.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by MeGaStReEt: 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2010
Big NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by MrCartha: 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2010
That nuisance of a vuvuzela should be banned angry angry angry
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by rasputinn(m): 9:30pm On Jun 16, 2010
The damn vuvuzelas have been banned already(at least partially);South Africa lost to Uruguay and lost their keeper.Too bad for the tournament really
I hope Uruguay beats Mexico and South Africa finds a way to beat France,it wont be good for the tournament if SA doesn't make it to the knock out stage at least
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2010
Look at it dis way,

SA has made it's trademark in d history of world cup tourneys,

And every, single strategy or device used makes its world cup amount 2 success!

In History, whenever SA world cup is mentioned we'll all remember d vuvusela,

Either in a bad way or good way, but who cares!

D only thing I have against it is dat it overshadows our supporters club!
sad sad sad
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by ndigbo: 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2010
I used to think that those noise were coming from houseflies. Vuvuzela ko mumuzela ni
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by kobikwelu(m): 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2010
i have an issue with the vuvu, cos it spoils the atmosphere,

but as blatter said, "no chance of banning it cos its southaficaan and its their cultural heritage
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by shotster50(m): 10:46pm On Jun 16, 2010
Trying to decipher what Adebyor is saying is putting more strain on my ears than the vuvuzela.

On a serious note though, i think people should lighten up and stop being too serious. A vast majority of the supporters are enjoying the Vuv thats why it is so popular. Sainsburys sold over 50 k of those things in a week in the UK. So much for it being a nuisance.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by shilling(f): 11:42pm On Jun 16, 2010
It's shocking that some people think the vuvezela's arent so loud. THEY ARE!! I heard that thing practically all my life and it is shockingly loud. The vuvuzela's aren't just used in SA alone, they're used in many South African countries, and not just at soccer matches - everywhere, all the time.

Yes, they are really loud but they definitely shouldn't be banned. It's one of the things that makes them unique . . .
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by mamagee3(f): 11:54pm On Jun 16, 2010
It would be shocking and boring for the vuvuzela to be banned from the World Cup.

I have to say that the vuvuzela makes it entertaining and makes the World Cup stand out.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by mukina2: 11:56pm On Jun 16, 2010
ever since the WC started, today was one vuvuzela-less day grin

am sorry you lost RSA but i could not help noticing the less vuvubees grin
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by Outstrip(f): 2:23am On Jun 17, 2010
Absolutely not. I feel bad for people who actually live by the stadium though. If you are going to the game get some earplugs
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by Mpele(m): 7:17am On Jun 17, 2010
People must this into ther thick skulls! We will never ban the vuvuzela. You go to Rome, you do what the Roman do. You go to South Africa, U do what the South Africans do. If people don't like it, then tough luck, don't bpther coming to SA.

No one is gonna come here and want to dictate to us! To hell with those who don't want the vuvuzela. I would understand if it was the Europeans complaining, but Nigerians, hell no! Nigerian and African people are actually the noisiest people on the planet, why would they suddenly want to complain about noise! Most of the Africans it is not really about the vuvuzela, but clearly, envy! They can't understand as to how can the country they hate most organise such an event.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by bebedexis: 9:32am On Jun 17, 2010
i totally agree with you guys, it should be banned already
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by kayc33(m): 9:36am On Jun 17, 2010
imagine the world cup without the Vuvuzela? boring
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by dollz(f): 10:15am On Jun 17, 2010
If they allow vuvuzelas in this world cup, it is okay for heavy metal rock music to be played in the pitch if the world cup gets hosted in the USA. come on lets not be selfish, not cause the world cup is being played in SA means that the whole world should adapt to the noise from their funny instrument.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by delegiwa(m): 10:33am On Jun 17, 2010
Mpele:

People must this into ther thick skulls! We will never ban the vuvuzela. You go to Rome, you do what the Roman do. You go to South Africa, U do what the South Africans do. If people don't like it, then tough luck, don't bpther coming to SA.

No one is gonna come here and want to dictate to us! To hell with those who don't want the vuvuzela. I would understand if it was the Europeans complaining, but Nigerians, hell no! Nigerian and African people are actually the noisiest people on the planet, why would they suddenly want to complain about noise! Most of the Africans it is not really about the vuvuzela, but clearly, envy! They can't understand as to how can the country they hate most organise such an event.

My dear Mpele,

Let me first of all say that I am a full fledged Nigerian to the core and no apologies about that.  I must know how feel about your loss yesterday but that does not give you the right to make that type of statement.  Personally I love Vuvuzela to the highest heavens and don't care if anybody hates it or not but people also have the right to complain for whatever reason they feel but it is not for you to get noisy.  

Whoever told that Africans and especially Nigerians are envious of SA hosting and very wonder WC (at least so far) is lying to you brother because to tell you the truth, a lot of us are happy that it is being hosted on the AFRICAN SOIL. How can you be envious that the biggest football even on the globe is just hours away as against many hours it it were to be elsewhere outside here so drop that "envious" tag please because you ain't selling it to jack.

I love the Vuvu and I gat me one here in PH City.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by yusuf2(m): 10:44am On Jun 17, 2010
now that South Africa is out of the world cup, the vuvuzela's annoying sounds would reduce to a reasonably minimum, i guess that's why d referee frustrated them into loosing yesterdays match, FIFA Always has a way of getting their way.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by Jonwesley(m): 10:46am On Jun 17, 2010
When the SA team were humbled by Uruguay with 0:3 scoreline last night, the Vuvuzela became quiet. What solution do u seek again? U ve got it. Its only left to France to nail the coffin. However AIT has it as a symbol of African Voice and call it KAKAKI, so its not only in SA we have it. The question is the usage and the noise it makes.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by Raimond(m): 11:18am On Jun 17, 2010
Research shows tht 1 blast frm a vuvuzela throws 10k saliva droplets in2 the air. Hmmm! So tht means if 30k pple r blowin vuvuzelas abt 300m droplets r dispersed! If each person blows his horn 100times in a game abt 30bn droplets r floatin in the air! Imagine if just 5% of them hav flu, it means abt 1.5bn flu particles r floatin arnd waitin 2b inhaled! Wow! Now I dnt feel so bad abt not makin it 2the World Cup! Lol!
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by denny4ril: 8:03pm On Jun 17, 2010
smiley why should it be banned? the stadium will become boring now,
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2010
i never enjoyed watching the south african league because the noise waz annoyingly annoying, now at the world cup its just to much to bear, its unrythmic and its unafrican, africans are known for rythm not a blarring horn mimicking the sound of a rig, its rather too late to ban it but i hope this world cup is the last we would see of it on an international stage.
Re: Should Vuvuzela’s Be Banned From The 2010 World Cup Finals? by Tweety121(f): 10:03am On Jun 19, 2010
i never enjoyed watching the south african league because the noise waz annoyingly annoying, now at the world cup its just to much to bear, its unrythmic and its unafrican, africans are known for rythm not a blarring horn mimicking the sound of a rig, its rather too late to ban it but i hope this world cup is the last we would see of it on an international stage.

Thank you! I would prefer to hear African musicians, chants, songs cheers etc from Nigeria, Ghana etc, the boos of fans, silence from one set of fans who suddenly grow quiet as their opponents score, drums, trumpets, impromptu singing of the national anthem, clapping, abuse, all these things are missing from the WC because of the monotonous noise of the vuvuzelas.

And because it's just one, unchanging and unrythmic tone, it's boring. It's a shame SA are getting criticised for what is an integral part of their culture and celebration and the anger from the west makes it seem like sly racism or something, but I'm afrad I have to agree: the vuvuzelas are not conduisive to an enjoyable football match. I miss hearing the crowd participation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs. Cote D'Ivoire: Your Predictions? / Nigeria, Hope Of African Football / Free Tips Bbm Channel. Winning Everyday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.