Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,969 members, 7,845,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt (870 Views)

Road On Lekki Phase 1 Shows ‘the Rich Also Cry’ (photos) / Rich And Handsome! Governor Fayose’s Son Looks Like A Prince In New Photos / Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 17, 2010
It is in d news today that MTN, one of Nigeria's leading telecomms firms, paid for the transport and accomodation of 62 senators and other ministers to on going FIFA World Cup Finals in SA.

Is this Corporate Social Responsibility or Corporate Social Bribery. A lot of this senators and executives are already on special lines with zero rates.

Why does MTN keep robbing the poor to pay d rich? The poor suffers poor quality services n even pays through his nose to get ds shoddy services. While the rich and corrupt are showered with gifts.

MTN enough is enough, about time u guys vacate our country.
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by ud4u: 10:49am On Jun 17, 2010
Why wouldn't they pay when they are extorting money from people daily on who want to be a millionaire game, but I no blame them so much because they no use gun or knife pursue people to play.
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by DisGuy: 10:56am On Jun 17, 2010
I'm surprise you are angry at MTN instead of your senators
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by ud4u: 11:05am On Jun 17, 2010
Why wouldn't they pay when they are extorting money from people daily on who want to be a millionaire game, but I no blame them so much because they no use gun or knife pursue people to play.
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by Bawss1(m): 11:49am On Jun 17, 2010
ud4u:

Nobody forced anyone to play the millionaire game.
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by 4tune1(m): 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2010
MTN is a corporate 419, they know exactly what they are doing. They 've just bribed your legislathieves so that won't bother about various complaints about them. Tiffing Network. shior
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by twity(f): 7:08pm On Jun 17, 2010
You should be crusifying the senators and not MTN a private organisation who has every right to take anybody anywhere, as far as it is within the laws of our land. Leave them alone bo!
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by Greycells(m): 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2010
Our senators are at it again? angry angry angry angry angry I have no issues with MTN,  and I disagree that they are robbing poor people to feed d rich. Is it not same MTN dt donated 100 units of 2 bedroom flats to poor people in Karu, Nassarawa State (Dem be charity?). Even if them like make them hire concord to carry the whole senate to South Africa, na dem sabi. Let the board be accountable to its shareholder for this, chikena!

But at least they are not a monopoly, and except we want to decieve ourselves, companies in all sectors rewards its stakeholders one way or the other,  they must have an arrangement in place for all their stakeholders as far as d world cup is concerned
List of people wey MTN carry go SA long oh, no be only senators:

1. Journalists
2. MTN Staff
3. Vendors
4. Consultants
5. Board members
7. National sports commission
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by Emotivator(m): 8:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
No, that is not corporate social responsibility.

It is 'political social responsibility'
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by Greycells(m): 8:44pm On Jun 17, 2010
U meant d politicians used their weight to make MTN 9JA pay their bills to SA shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

I must join Fee-dee-Fee, and d broom people oh! Na stamford bridge me i wan go oh! grin grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by Chiddysville(m): 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
shameless senators, didn't they know this is bribery and corruption? with this kind of bribery, how are they going to carry out their oversight functions of protecting the interest of common Nigerians. SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by marvix(m): 10:43pm On Jun 17, 2010
Chiddysville:

shameless senators, didn't they know this is bribery and corruption? with this kind of bribery, how are they going to carry out their oversight functions of protecting the interest of common Nigerians. SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like they care, oversight functions is another extortion function of the senate.
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by shotster50(m): 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2010
Knowing Naija, the Senators probably shook down MTN for these freebies or else their license will be messed with.
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by hafeeslove(m): 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2010
I can,t blame Mtn because Senator want to use the opportunity to carried Drug and our money to s/a
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by Greycells(m): 8:21am On Jun 18, 2010
hafeeslove:

I can,t blame Mtn because Senator want to use the opportunity to carried Drug and our money to s/a

grin grin grin grin grin grin how u take know? Na war for u, wetin concern drugs for this matter na, and na SA person go carry drugs go?
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by Tokotaya: 9:08am On Jun 18, 2010
Haba, people make una take am easy. MTN is sponsoring the world cup. If they ferried one million people there, it should not call for all this hostility. This is a private company. Let their board crucify them for wasteful spending. And as for bribery, can anyone honestly bribe a senator with a trip to South Africa? It sounds silly to me. Plus, the Senate does not regulate telecom.
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by debeginin(m): 10:06am On Jun 18, 2010
We can only recoupe our losses to MTN via free browsing.
Bunch of thieves.Hackers where una dey?
Re: Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt by debeginin(m): 10:10am On Jun 18, 2010
I meant via FREE BROWSING.

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan On Facebook / 2011: Ibb To Flag Off Campaign In Ibadan July 29 / Yoruba stops IBB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.