Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,587 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:09 AM

Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! (5692 Views)

Africa’s Poor To Remain Unchanged As World Bank Moves Poverty Line / ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. / Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by Fetnet: 1:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ghana learnt it lesson during the 1980s and 1970s when its citizens were a disgrace all over west Africa and it economy was a basket case and it had many numerious military coup and military Government that wiped out its leadership and almost half of Ghana left for other countries like Nigeria, Ivory coast, Togo etc.

Ghana has been able to be making progress in democracy and good governanc in the last 10 years but please Ghana should not jubilate too much because when Ghana is surrounded by almost 300 million people and other countries and people in unstable region in West Africa. Things can really go wrong in a minute. It is really for Ghana interest and Ghana should work for it in West Africa like President Akufor is doing in Nigeria now to help and Kofi Anan is doing in Ivory coast now, and Ghana has to use its diplomatic effort to help secure peace in West Africa because if not Ghana can go down in a minute. South Africa is going through the same thing thinking that poor and unstable people will not come. it is now tearing south Africa with peopel from Zimbabwe, Angola, Ruwanda, Somalia, Ethiopia and immigration laws cannot stop too many refugees.

Remeber Ivory coast claim to be stable and surrounded by 300 million unstable nations and what happend and Ivory coast was alone in a bubble enjoying its small wealth, and what happended Refugees and problems from its neigbhours destroyes it, same with liberia, same sierra leaone, same with Kenya, Same with Zimbabwe, Same with Uganda, Same with congo, Same with Ruwanda

So it is for Ghana to use its success by talking and engagement to help other wise 300 million unstable and mostly poor people will destroy Ghana no matter your immigration policy. Remember liberia is around the corner, ivory coast is around the corner, Nigeria is a stone throw, Niger, Chad, Burkina faso, Guinea.

Finally,Ghana is the 3rd larges economy in West Africa and by many miles far from Nigeria economy and ivory coast the second largest After Nigeria . Ghana has a population of only 22 million people with GDP worth a country (Ghanas total worth) only 30 billion dollars.Ghana is a very poor country

Ivory coast 2nd largest economy in West Afrcia with a population of 25 million people with GDP(ivory coast total worth) worth of 35 Billion dollars. Very poor country.

Nigeria with a population of almost 170 million people has a GDP (total Worth of Nigeria) is almost 400 billion dolars (four hundred billion dolllars). second largest economy in Africa After South Africa and it has the population and potential to be bigger and double its economy in a minute if well manged to world standard

The are seven States in Nigeria that are richer than Ghana and Ivory coast

Nigeria 6 region each is richer than Ghana and ivory coast combined

Look the are too many rich people and many dollars billionaires in Nigeria that have the money and resources to be war lords and cause havoc and creat their own private army and take over many countries in West Africa. Just imagine the havoc war lord Charles Taylor of Liberia and Konteh of Sierra leane cause with little money and few men few years ago.

Lets pray that Nigeria does not have war otherwise everybody in West Africa is toast and in trouble because refugees from Nigeria will overwhelm every boddy. Ghana will get 50 million Nigerians in one month and Ghana will be toast and you cannot control that amount of people and they will head to Ghana and i assure you, another 30 million will head to Cameroon, and another 20 will head to Togo, another 20 will head to Benin Republic etc and no amount of force will stop them, because many of them will have money too fight and do all kind of thing and cause problems.

So Ghana with its stablitity needs to work with Nigeria to make West Africa stable, because Nigeria problem is also Ghana problem so dont jubilate.
http://www.modernghana.com/news/325853/1/ghana-best-in-the-region-but-ghana-too-poor-and-no.html ; ;

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by Idrismusty97(m): 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
Nigeria with a population of almost 170 million people has a GDP (total Worth of Nigeria) is almost 400 billion dolars (four hundred billion dolllars). second largest economy in Africa After South Africa and it has the population and potential to be bigger and double its economy in a minute if well manged to world standard
Is this an outdated article or what? Nigeria GDP now stand at $510billion. And it is now leagues ahead of South Africa, Nigeria is Africa largest economy. I believed we all know this?

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by Billygee2u: 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
Idrismusty97: Is this an outdated article or what? Nigeria GDP now stand at $510billion. And it is now leagues ahead of South Africa, Nigeria is Africa largest economy. I believed we all know this?
yes,you are correct ,op omitted some vital informations.
Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by kufre2010(m): 2:55pm On Sep 04, 2014
OP LEAVE GHANA ALONE BUILD UR HOME FIRST. CHARITY BEGINS AT .....

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by comrChris(m): 2:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
Op try to be current nah Nigeria has surpass southafrica
Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by size38: 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
The Ghana ur talking has more than 80,000.00 Nigerians schooling there alone. Not to mention millions of Nigerians doing business in Ghana. Am a Nigerian, but if we keep Ghana and Nigeria, I will choose Ghana

9 Likes

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by PetroDolla3: 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
size38: The Ghana ur talking has more than 80,000.00 Nigerians school there alone. Not to mention millions of Nigerians doing business in Ghana. Am a Nigerian, but if we keep Ghana and Nigeria, I will choose Ghana
tell them. most of them are too dumb to see beyond their noses! grin how can any sane person compare Ghana with nigeria? Ghana provides free meals to its school going children, as well as uniforms. As a Ghanaian, i can sleep with my two eyes closed. how many in that accursed country can say that? Life expectancy is 64 in Ghana, compared with 52 in nigeria grin 70% of Ghanaians have electrcity. compare that with 120 million nigerians without electricity grin youth unemployment is 90% in Nigeria, compared with 25% in Ghana grin why do you think we don't have boko haram, militants etc in Ghana? heard the immigration service in your country wanted to employ 10 people and more than one million hungry people turned up for the interviews grin have you seen those Lagos state construction workers killing themselves over Fashola's leftover fanta? grin grin grin grin grin funny people funny country

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
What is it with you guys and ghana?

Focus on the security challenges we are having leave ghana to settle their issues

6 Likes

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by PetroDolla3: 4:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
You can't just help but laugh at the naivety and stvupidity of some nigerians. where did you get the idea from that having the largest GDP translates into being the richest country in Africa? Wealth is measured beyind a mere GDP,huh? Why do you think a country like Norway is adjudged the richest country in the world? Is it that Norway has the largest GDP? The wealth of a nation is measured by the well-being of its citizens, using parameters such as life expectancy, access to potable water, education, health care, food etc etc after all the citizens of a country are its greatest asset, not oil not flashy cars, certainly not gele and lace!

MUMU-in-Chief! grin

The largest GDP and all sh1t! grin

Let me break thing down to your level, mor0ns

GDP is the aggregate of the value of goods and services produced within a specific jurisdiction.

So in the case of MUMUgeria, revenues from oil drives your GDP. So with high oil prices, your country’s GDP will naturally rise, even without you guys lifting a finger!

The the reality of your so-called large GDP is junk!

You know how things are with oil revenues in your sh1thole,right? Your sh1thole is one of the world's most corrupt nations,huh? Answer yes sir,dog.

By the time Goodluck Jonathan, his ape-looking wife, IBB take their share of the so called large GDP; OBJ will remove his own; Abdulsalami Abubakar will take his cut; Atiku and Tinubu will take their share, Danjuma will collect his own, even Buhari go collect na; your thieving governors and their officials will take their share, the remainder of your GDP is nothing to write home about! grin grin grin

MUMu by the time the leftover of your so-called large GDP is shared among the rest of you 200 suffering masses, apes like you won’t even see a kobo

Why do you think its difficult to provide water, electricity, health care, jobs etc etc in your sh1thole? grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by overhypedsteve(m): 4:55pm On Sep 04, 2014
We may be too poor, but always remember this. Obama and the world bank guy said that we re rich. So what do we care about Nigeria's opinion

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by Lanceslot(m): 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
PetroDolla3 my Brada (like ghanaians call it) take it easy charlie, we're still your big brother any day any time.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by IloveGH: 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
This OP is too slow to be called a human being grin grin grin

How can you say Ghana is too poor to be called a country when the article you posted says "GHANA BEST IN THE REGION".

What does that make nigeria then? "NIGERIA TOO POOR TO BE CALLED A TOWN"? grin

It's obvious you are one of the Ghana haters, but you are also too du.mb to read between the lines.

BTW, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed-man is always the king grin... So Ghana is not perfect, but as the writer says "Ghana best in the region"

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by musiwa94: 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
x

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by musiwa94: 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
grin cheesy
Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by chimzyblack(m): 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
"it has the population and
potential to be bigger and double its economy in a
minute if well manged to world standard"

this is my favourite part of the article refering to nigeria. we should stop looking at other countries around us we should look inwards and try to move our country to greater heights. and when we get to those heights other countries will have no option but to look up and be amazed by our achievements

NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT MY NIGERIA.
NIGERIA IS GREAT, WILL BE GREATER AND SHALL CONTINUE TO REMAIN GREAT!!!
Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by Janeify(f): 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
I didn't read all those shit but i don't think you are in any position,what so ever to declare whether Ghana is qualified to be a country or not.what's your business with them?poke nosing is the reason why You wouldn't achieve your aim in life.Nigerians are battling with their issues and you are here typing rubbish.... i smell joblessness.you are trying to create a tribal thread and hey you've forgotten that we are all Africans.All these should stop please

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by nigerianvenom(m): 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
overhypedsteve: We may be too poor, but always remember this. Obama and the world bank guy said that we re rich. So what do we care about Nigeria's opinion

is the any ghanaian dat is as rich jim ovia?just asking
Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by leo1234(m): 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
PetroDolla3: You can't just help but laugh at the naivety and stvupidity of some nigerians. where did you get the idea from that having the largest GDP translates into being the richest country in Africa? Wealth is measured beyind a mere GDP,huh? Why do you think a country like Norway is adjudged the richest country in the world? Is it that Norway has the largest GDP? The wealth of a nation is measured by the well-being of its citizens, using parameters such as life expectancy, access to potable water, education, health care, food etc etc after all the citizens of a country are its greatest asset, not oil not flashy cars, certainly not gele and lace!

MUMU-in-Chief! grin

GDP is the aggregate of the value of goods and services produced within a specific jurisdiction.

So in the case of MUMUgeria, revenues from oil drives your GDP. So with high oil prices, your country’s GDP will naturally rise, even without you guys lifting a finger!

You know how things are with oil revenues in your sh1thole,right? Your sh1thole is one of the world's most corrupt nations,huh? Answer yes sir,dog.

By the time Goodluck Jonathan, his ape-looking wife, IBB take their share of the so called large GDP; OBJ will remove his own; Abdulsalami Abubakar will take his cut; Atiku and Tinubu will take their share, Danjuma will collect his own, even Buhari go collect na; your thieving governors and their officials will take their share, the remainder of your GDP is nothing to write home about! grin grin grin

MUMu by the time the leftover of your so-called large GDP is shared among the rest of you 200 suffering masses, apes like you won’t even see a kobo

Why do you think its difficult to provide water, electricity, health care, jobs etc etc in your sh1thole? grin grin grin grin grin

You have a point.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by hoobs(m): 9:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
Sumtymz I wonder upon ol d money dat politicians loot in Nigeria,Nigeria is stil ok on itz own,surviving.....if ol dis politicians should cm 2 ghana nd loot lyk dy do here in Nigeria....Aha.......I cnt even imagine d state d country will b in..............jux observing
Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by IloveGH: 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
hoobs: Sumtymz I wonder upon ol d money dat politicians loot in Nigeria,Nigeria is stil ok on itz own,surviving.....if ol dis politicians should cm 2 ghana nd loot lyk dy do here in Nigeria....Aha.......I cnt even imagine d state d country will b in..............jux observing

Keep lying!
Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by londoner: 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
OP.....Let Ghanaians worry about Ghana. Its not our business.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by 100Cents: 11:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
PetroDolla3: You can't just help but laugh at the naivety and stvupidity of some nigerians. where did you get the idea from that having the largest GDP translates into being the richest country in Africa? Wealth is measured beyind a mere GDP,huh? Why do you think a country like Norway is adjudged the richest country in the world? Is it that Norway has the largest GDP? The wealth of a nation is measured by the well-being of its citizens, using parameters such as life expectancy, access to potable water, education, health care, food etc etc after all the citizens of a country are its greatest asset, not oil not flashy cars, certainly not gele and lace!

MUMU-in-Chief! grin

Lmao

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
size38: The Ghana ur talking has more than 80,000.00 Nigerians schooling there alone. Not to mention millions of Nigerians doing business in Ghana. Am a Nigerian, but if we keep Ghana and Nigeria, I will choose Ghana
if 80,000 people are schooling in ghana, does it make Nigeria poor?

Think about it, are they not contributing to ghana's wealth? Are they burden's on ghana's economy?

Besides, are we talking of the glorified secondary schools called universities in ghana?

The only reason most people go there is not because of the standard of education but because of the duration..(Strike issues in Nigeria, etc)

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by IloveGH: 8:38am On Sep 05, 2014
SLIDEwaxie: if 80,000 people are schooling in ghana, does it make Nigeria poor?

Think about it, are they not contributing to ghana's wealth? Are they burden's on ghana's economy?

Besides, are we talking of the glorified secondary schools called universities in ghana?

The only reason most people go there is not because of the standard of education but because of the duration..(Strike issues in Nigeria, etc)

LOL! Keep lying, even secondary schools in Ghana are far better than what you call universities in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by chinazaekperem2: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2014
Ghana's GDP is 46billionUSD, why can't they just add ghana up with nigeria, its to poor to be called a nation, na wa oooo.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by IloveGH: 9:05am On Sep 05, 2014
chinazaekperem2: Ghana's GDP i[size=8pt]s 46billionUSD, why can't they just add ghana up with nigeria, its to poor to be called a nation, na wa oooo.

The bolded is the funniest joke I have heard in along, long time cheesy Do you mean the same nigeria whose people are running to Ghana like there's no tomorrow? LMAO!

BTW, 200 girls are still crying for help in some forest somewhere in nigeria. Go save them and leave Ghana's problems for Ghanaians. Ghana is by far a better country than nigeria and you know it grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by chinazaekperem2: 9:11am On Sep 05, 2014
IloveGH:

The bolded is the funniest joke I have heard in along, long time cheesy Do you mean the same nigeria whose people are running to Ghana like there's no tomorrow? LMAO!

BTW, 200 girls are still crying for help in some forest somewhere in nigeria. Go save them and leave Ghana's problems for Ghanaians. Ghana is by far a better country than nigeria and you know it.
nigeria is a hegemon to ghana, 80% of the students in ghana universities are nigerians, you cannot do anything without nigeria, anything you do in that your stone age country is because of we your masters 'nigeria", so why not drop your ego and let's help your poor country grin
Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by IloveGH: 9:35am On Sep 05, 2014
chinazaekperem2: nigeria is a hegemon to ghana, 80% of the students in ghana universities are nigerians, you cannot do anything without nigeria, anything you do in that your stone age country is because of we your masters 'nigeria", so why not drop your ego and let's help your poor country grin

Funny dude grin grin grin grin grin grin

A nigerian calling Ghana "stone age country" is another funny joke I have heard cheesy

In this day and age, a "Stone age country" is a country where people are still killed like animals and 200 girl can be taken from their families and be sold to strangers like commodity. You can't even help those girls and you talk of helping others? shocked Na waa oo!

Ghana is by far a better country than nigeria so quit that joke grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by chinazaekperem2: 9:50am On Sep 05, 2014
IloveGH:

Funny dude grin grin grin grin grin grin

A nigerian calling Ghana "stone age country" is another funny joke I have heard cheesy

In this day and age, a "Stone age country" is a country where people are still killed like animals and 200 girl can be taken from their families and be sold to strangers like commodity. You can't even help those girls and you talk of helping others? shocked Na waa oo!

Ghana is by far a better country than nigeria so quit that joke grin grin grin

spare me all your ghana this, ghana that. ghana is in the stone-age, IMF will tell you how poor your country is.

ghana and termite economy, with her people living in fool's paradise grin grin grin

beg us to attach ghana to sokoto state cheesy cheesy
Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
That place is not Nigeria, its called Northern Gambarigeria, is Korea and North Korea the same thing? grin grin grin grin grin

East is Igbogeria, West is Yorobageria, the place that Kidnapped their wards is called Gambarigeria, so get that into you blackbrain, they are from Futha Jallon in Gambia and Senegal
Please seperate the weak from the obsolete,

IloveGH:

BTW, 200 girls are still crying for help in some forest somewhere in nigeria. Go save them and leave Ghana's problems for Ghanaians. Ghana is by far a better country than nigeria and you know it grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by 99100(m): 1:31pm On Sep 05, 2014

MUMU-in-Chief! grin

Be civil man. Your choice of words makes you appear immature.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is Too Poor To Be Called A Country!! by PetroDolla3: 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
99100:

Be civil man. Your choice of words makes you appear immature.
sharaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap your shitnigerians MUMUs are denigrating my beloved country and you are talking about choice of words? what are you smoking? pawpaw leaves?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are These Accepted In Society Today?(photo) / Nigeria Population: 1921 Census- Pics / So, Lebanon Was Once A Christian Nation?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.