Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,954 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria (6284 Views)

Soldier Batters Driver In Lagos For Sneering At Him (photo) / Buhari Poses With His Former Driver In The Army And His Daughter / Governor Ambode Rebukes Reckless Driver In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by auwal87(m): 11:39am On Jun 17, 2010
Woman Trailer Driver in Northern Nigeria

Source: BBC Hausa Story in Hausa Language

Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by DisGuy: 11:45am On Jun 17, 2010
very wise to post a hausa story in here all in hausa words dont you think?

I think only 3% of nairalander are multi-lingual
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by sulad82i(m): 12:33pm On Jun 17, 2010
Lots of women drive truck in the US, whats the big deal undecided
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by omar22(m): 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2010
they are women who drive the train in England
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by azubaby(f): 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2010
Yes OOoo women are trying dis days, most Women r bread winners of d house today,
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by azubaby(f): 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2010
The big deal is dat anytin a man can do, a woman does it much better. They r d engine room, give it up 4 dem.
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2010
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by viceb: 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2010
The truck seems pretty new though grin She setting gud record.
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by Gayigaskia(m): 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2010
Sulad82i and Omar22: Stop being smart arses, we all know that this is good development specially in the North where women are usaully treated as a second class citizen.
As of Omar22 maybe you should stick to the sport section cause u make more sense over there. smiley
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by ud4u: 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2010
Many women drives lawma truck in Lagos and I feel they can as well drive trailer. They are really trying shaa, me I no fit drive am because is not feminine.
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by eros(m): 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2010
Doesn't she look happy driving that truck? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2010
omar22:

sulad82i:

Lots of women drive truck in the US, whats the big deal undecided

Wow you too are underachievers in life obviously. Instead of focusing on the woman in question, you are comparing Nigeria with what not? Plain logic of a loser.
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by CarlosVent(m): 1:40pm On Jun 17, 2010
WHAT A MAN CAN DO A WOMAN,

BT DEY CANT IMPREGNATE THEMSELVES.

THANKS TO GOD
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by DisGuy: 1:42pm On Jun 17, 2010
omar22:

yuuuu right you mean they just press the button more like

Gayigaskia:

Sulad82i and Omar22: Stop being smart arses, we all know that this is good development specially in the North where women are usaully treated as a second class citizen. As of Omar22 maybe you should stick to the sport section cause u make more sense over there. smiley

exactly women in southern nigeria are treated like Queens abi
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by kufreabasi(m): 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
omar22:

some with bicycle in India.
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by desgiezd(m): 2:25pm On Jun 17, 2010
I doff my hat for this woman. She looks pretty and smart.
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by berrye(f): 2:31pm On Jun 17, 2010
all part of women liberation! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by surugede(m): 2:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
As far as I am concerened, this is still a story of dog bitting a man and not man bitting a dog; nothing xtra ordinary
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by otawa: 2:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
kudos, atleast she does not depend on anyone or move around as prostitute.

The sooner we understand diginity of labour, the better we can bring more people into the labour market.
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by samix(m): 2:37pm On Jun 17, 2010
omar22:

train is the easiest mode of transportation to control

Dis Guy:

yuuuu right you mean they just press the button more like

exactly women in southern nigeria are treated like Queens abi

they hardly press buttons on most lines, its automatic on victoria line
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by wazobiang: 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2010
she dey kpef!
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2010
She's done well, it can't be easy in Northern Nigeria.
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Jun 17, 2010
I was not able to find a translator online. But if true, this is amazing and signs that there is hope for the minority living in the North. I believe there is a minority up there desperate for change, only they are sandwiched in between a repressive and backward majority.
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by e36991: 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2010
Dis Guy:

very wise to post a hausa story in here all in hausa words dont you think?

I think only 3% of nairalander are multi-lingual

Kobojunkie:

I was not able to find a translator online.

But if true, this is amazing and signs that there is hope for the minority living in the North.

I believe there is a minority up there desperate for change, only they are sandwiched in between a repressive and backward majority.

@^^^

This translation is ideal for "gisting" purposes, providing a basic understanding of the original text.

[size=16pt]A woman who driving trailer in Nigeria[/size]

[img width=300 height=300]http://wscdn.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/assets/images/2010/06/16/100616165848_woman_driver_226x170_nocredit.jpg[/img]
Hajiya rabi'atu and two children

The profession driving achaba,Taxi or trucks no other business that was better than knows that it is men are holding it particularly in northern Nigeria in order to run their lives basic on the reasons that are seldom women that endure wahalhalu and dangers they related driving on the chief through the streets of the country.

Hajiya rabi'atu is loading cement from southern to Northern Nigeria

But representative BBC and collided Maiduguri, a woman and the profession drive trailer cement between regions of southern and Northern Nigeria the fetus load to Maiduguri.

After truck trains and the district of abbaganaram in the town maidguri a local station chief commercial trailer on finish or a loading equipment to other parts of the states of the country, and there and found average-aged this Hajiya rabi'atu Abubakar where they are finished loading-goods and the trailer and tuko from the south.

Hajiya rabi'atu just lost the origin of Katsina State, and representative BBC started with, began to ask how this occupation in driving the car in the interview they had.
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by obstead200(m): 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2010
gud 4 her
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2010
Is such job not too strenous for a woman?
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by Hauwa1: 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2010
way to go uwa kiss

no it is not strenous for a woman, wink
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by Orbylii(f): 3:58pm On Jun 18, 2010
Wat a man can do a woman can do better
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by Carlosein(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2010
e36991:

@^^^

This translation is ideal for "gisting" purposes, providing a basic understanding of the original text.

[size=16pt]A woman who driving trailer in Nigeria[/size]

[img width=300 height=300]http://wscdn.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/assets/images/2010/06/16/100616165848_woman_driver_226x170_nocredit.jpg[/img]
Hajiya rabi'atu and two children

The profession driving achaba,Taxi or trucks no other business that was better than knows that it is men are holding it particularly in northern Nigeria in order to run their lives basic on the reasons that are seldom women that endure wahalhalu and dangers they related driving on the chief through the streets of the country.

Hajiya rabi'atu is loading cement from southern to Northern Nigeria

But representative BBC and collided Maiduguri, a woman and the profession drive trailer cement between regions of southern and Northern Nigeria the fetus load to Maiduguri.

After truck trains and the district of abbaganaram in the town maidguri a local station chief commercial trailer on finish or a loading equipment to other parts of the states of the country, and there and found average-aged this Hajiya rabi'atu Abubakar where they are finished loading-goods and the trailer and tuko from the south.

Hajiya rabi'atu just lost the origin of Katsina State, and representative BBC started with, began to ask how this occupation in driving the car in the interview they had.

Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Is such job not too strenous for a woman?

why ask if she isn't complaining?
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by cystein(m): 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2010
Well, i see them all day and every minute in kenya!. they are even female captains incharge of 737's. nothing different in men and women appart from organs these days.
Re: Woman Trailer Driver In Northern Nigeria by tlops(m): 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2010
good, but this is no news in developed world, atleast in europe i see young ladies (23yrs upward) drive truck. I mean carry goods accross europe

(1) (2) (Reply)

History Of Nigerian Central Bank Governors / Why We're Vacating Ebonyi - Fulani Herdmen (Photos) / Sunday Igboho Enters Thick Etiki Forest To Face Herdsmwn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.