Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,683 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Gender Equality A Flawed Concept - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gender Equality A Flawed Concept (565 Views)

Hypocrisy Of Society When It Comes To Gender Equality. / Let's Take A Moment To Talk About Gender Equality / Which Gender Will Be Worst Affected By Widespread Adoption Of Sex Robot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by izyc88(m): 6:06am On Jul 28, 2018
Everyday and every opportunity I get at discussing this particular topic, I always insist that most Nigerian ladies or women still have vague understanding of the concept Gender Equality. I keep reiterating the fact that it’s gender equality and not gender favoritism. Even though I’m of the school of thought that it should rather be regarded as Gender Equity. It’s so sad that on the subconscious mind of a lot of ladies, they see the concept as a reward pattern or model. They see it as an avenue to “benefit” from perks and rewards that men “seem” to enjoy from.
The number one flaw of this concept is that, a lot of cultural, traditional and social ethics will not just allow it’s manifestation. Certain tribes and ethics kind of delineate responsibilities between both categories already. Either you’re told or not, your subconscious tells you otherwise.
Another flaw is that ladies see it as a reward platform for ladies, that regardless of your capacity or capabilities as a lady to perform in a function, you should be given a preferential advantage, “because you’re a lady”.
Gender Equality even makes it harder for you because you’re competing on the same level and platform as the man and whichever identity is fit for the task, let such individual prevail. No sentiments.
This concept is sentimentally inclined in the Nigerian sphere. It endangers the female gender, they believe themselves as weaker vessels, who needed to be pitied or considered unmeritoriously.
As much as I want to believe the whole gender equality plot, the more I keep seeing a lot of women confused about it’s real meaning and truce.
The whole idea is being birthed from a special type of greed. The idea is for it’s benefits rather than true female emancipation.

© Ajayi Martins, 2018.

http://thatsdx.com/gender-equality-a-flawed-concept/

3 Likes

Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by Vanityupnvanity(m): 6:17am On Jul 28, 2018
males and females are not equal and can never be equal in any way. even the so called feminists knows that.

Females needs to be given special treatment and to be favoured in some instances because of there nature and emotions.

I know those nairaland feminists will come for my head. but that's my peanut.

1 Like

Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by donstan18: 6:49am On Jul 28, 2018
Have you in reality hear any lady agitate or ask for gender equality? grin

Gender Equality only exist on social media, where frustrated ladies come to fantasize what they couldn't do in reality.

After fantasizing on social media, when they log out, reality will hit them hardly cheesy grin They MUST still submit and bow to men.

This is something that cannot be changed by social media.

Chai! Reality can pain shaa grin

3 Likes

Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by izyc88(m): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2018
lalasticlala, mynd44, fp
Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by oscar2020(m): 11:02am On Jul 28, 2018
Gender Equality or equation don't know how to describe it, but my take on this whole concept in Nigeria and Africa as a whole is simple. We do not believe that a man and a woman are the same because God already differentiated that.I think the idea of equality was suppose to address the issue of abusive men or traditions that believes women do not have right to access some privileges in societies. Today, is entirely a battle between women trying to tell their husbands we are equal. Yes, so when an arm robber enter the house, I'll hide with the kids so you can protect us. Equality needs values to work. If we are loosing our values in the name of equality then we are just trying to put the men down and the result is what we suffer today.
izyc88:
Everyday and every opportunity I get at discussing this particular topic, I always insist that most Nigerian ladies or women still have vague understanding of the concept Gender Equality. I keep reiterating the fact that it’s gender equality and not gender favoritism. Even though I’m of the school of thought that it should rather be regarded as Gender Equity. It’s so sad that on the subconscious mind of a lot of ladies, they see the concept as a reward pattern or model. They see it as an avenue to “benefit” from perks and rewards that men “seem” to enjoy from.
The number one flaw of this concept is that, a lot of cultural, traditional and social ethics will not just allow it’s manifestation. Certain tribes and ethics kind of delineate responsibilities between both categories already. Either you’re told or not, your subconscious tells you otherwise.
Another flaw is that ladies see it as a reward platform for ladies, that regardless of your capacity or capabilities as a lady to perform in a function, you should be given a preferential advantage, “because you’re a lady”.
Gender Equality even makes it harder for you because you’re competing on the same level and platform as the man and whichever identity is fit for the task, let such individual prevail. No sentiments.
This concept is sentimentally inclined in the Nigerian sphere. It endangers the female gender, they believe themselves as weaker vessels, who needed to be pitied or considered unmeritoriously.
As much as I want to believe the whole gender equality plot, the more I keep seeing a lot of women confused about it’s real meaning and truce.
The whole idea is being birthed from a special type of greed. The idea is for it’s benefits rather than true female emancipation.

© Ajayi Martins, 2018.

Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by pansophist(m): 11:50am On Jul 28, 2018
Women want the power of men (patriarchy), the privilege of women, and the responsibilities of neither. Unsurprisingly, feminism kicked off in the modern era, when men have developed advanced society and technology to make life easy for them. Women, somehow are largely underrepresented in dangerous and physically strenuous jobs men have been doing for centuries. I would expect that more women are enrolling to become firefighters, fighting wars, working in heated factories etc.

The more you look at the end goal of feminism, you will realize that it is one of the weapons in the arsenal of population control. Women are just being played, and the fish brain of those pro-feminist are incapable of seeing what the end game is.

1 Like

Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by AmazonHippolyta(f): 11:53am On Jul 28, 2018
cool

Lets see how it would be when we get to the age of aquarius.

Every movement or human philosophy would always have it's ups and downs.

This doesn't mean that gender equality or feminism is futile.

1 Like

Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by Unlimited22: 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2018
I think we should be advocates of gender equity, and not equality. Equity means fairness, same opportunities, same platforms.
Equality is impossible. We were created to complement each other, to be strong where the opposite sex is weak.
Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2018
Unlimited22:
I think we should be advocates of gender equity, and not equality. Equity means fairness, same opportunities, same platforms.
Equality is impossible. We were created to complement each other, to be strong where the opposite sex is weak.
...Wonderfully scripted. You truely understand the ideology but it hurts that most of our ladies screaming for equality don't even know what it entails. They think disrespecting and hating on males is equality.
Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by Unlimited22: 1:08pm On Jul 28, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
...Wonderfully scripted. You truely understand the ideology but it hurts that most of our ladies screaming for equality don't even know what it entails. They think disrespecting and hating on males is equality.
If feminism is all about gender equity, I'm one of the most feminist people around.
But the misandry that has permeated and invaded our society makes me cringe, which is why I usually react badly to our African brand of 'feminism.'
I no dey cosign fuckery..
Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by izyc88(m): 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2018
there's nothing like equality in this world, we are only equal the moment we are born.
after that everyone start to develop and grow in diverse way
Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by izyc88(m): 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2018
there's nothing like equality in this world, we are only equal the moment we are born.
after that everyone start to develop and grow in diverse ways

1 Like

Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by LordKO(m): 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2018
Well, difference isn't the same thing as inequality - gender equality remains untouchable. Males and Females are simply different just as they're simply equal. However, gender equality (or equality in any guise) doesn't mean absence of conscientiousness. It's just like siblingship; an older sibling isn't superior to his/her younger sibling(s) - if this is so, I wonder how a sane and sound man would thought it possible that his wife is his subordinate - he's simply their senior, thanks to nature. This means that as a first between/among his equals - sibling(s) - he must be constantly thoughtful towards them in order to earn, retain and maintain their respect and followership. Only the proponents and practitioners of "right without responsibility" - small-minded people - will disagree. A husband is simply first between his equal, his wife.

3 Likes

Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 28, 2018
donstan18:
Have you in reality hear any lady agitate or ask for gender equality? grin

Gender Equality only exist on social media, where frustrated ladies come to fantasize what they couldn't do in reality.

After fantasizing on social media, when they log out, reality will hit them hardly cheesy grin They MUST still submit and bow to men.

This is something that cannot be changed by social media.

Chai! Reality can pain shaa grin
Fuvk you, I can never bow to a man.

1 Like

Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
Unlimited22:

If feminism is all about gender equity, I'm one of the most feminist people around.
But the misandry that has permeated and invaded our society makes me cringe, which is why I usually react badly to our African brand of 'feminism.'
I no dey cosign fuckery..
..Same with me. Something happened in our office one day. We have some estacode we normally give to the guys on site as site allowances,but do you know that each time the guys are given those little amount,the ladies in the office that deals with administrative jobs will start screaming that they are being cheated(everybody is equal)I personally told them that yes we all equal on the basis of being humans and that nobody is stopping them from going to the site,endure the scotching sun,the traffics and all the risks the guys are being subjected to daily on site,then they shall start receiving site allowances. Do you know what they said with the same mouth they were using to shout equality? Let me use their exact words,we re not Engineers and besides,all those risks are meant for men.Imagine? I now said so you girls know all these and still yet you want to receive the same salaries with them,they kept mute. That was how we resolved the issue.

1 Like

Re: Gender Equality A Flawed Concept by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
izyc88:

© Ajayi Martins, 2018.

Am up for positive discrimination to an extent, however the feminist agenda is different. Infact, women have lost more thanks to feminism.
The day the genders achieve equality is the day women will wish they had never asked for it. Everything will be 50/50 and we all know you lot cant cope.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Help A Sister In Need. / See This Strange-looking Calf Found In India / Get A Sugar Mummy In Singapore | Sugar Momma SG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.