Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport (14381 Views)

Meta Tests AI Chatbot On Whatsapp, Instagram, Messenger / Telegram Messenger Increases Group Members Limit To 50,000 / Glo Introduces New Data Plan. 2GB For N500, 4GB For N1000, 180GB For N20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by postbox: 6:53am On Jul 28, 2018
Telegram, the privacy-oriented messaging app, has released version 4.9 of its app for both Android and iOS devices bringing a major new feature: Telegram Passport. The team behind the app says this is phase two of its Telegram Login project, which was first introduced back in February.

Our digital lives are getting closer and closer to the real world, and the number of services that need to know your real-life ID increases accordingly. Before today, this meant you had to upload the same document scans over and over for each new app. No more!

Meet Telegram Passport – a unified authorization method for services that require personal identification. Upload your documents once, then instantly share your data with services that require real-world ID (finance, ICOs, etc.).

Protected by End-to-End Encryption

Your identity documents and personal data will be stored in the Telegram cloud using End-to-End Encryption. It is encrypted with a password that only you know, so Telegram has no access to the data you store in your Telegram passport. When you share data, it goes directly to the recipient.

In the future, all Telegram Passport data will move to a decentralized cloud.

Try It Now

If you’d like to see a real-life implementation of Telegram Passport, head over to ePayments.com – the first electronic payments system to support registration and verification with Telegram Passport.

You can also try out how Telegram Passport works using this page to request data.

Please note that you need the latest version of Telegram to access this feature. Once you’ve uploaded some documents, you will see your data in Settings > Privacy & Security > Telegram Passport (on iOS: Settings > Telegram Passport).

Connect Telegram Passport

All developers are welcome to integrate Telegram Passport into their apps and services free of charge. It takes minimum effort and can save many hours of coding.

If you are building a service that requires real-life ID, check out the API docs for SDKs and examples.

Stay Tuned

We will soon be adding third-party verification for Telegram Passports. This way, some services won’t even need to request the data itself, instead relying on the fact that the Telegram account was approved by a verification provider and the person is real.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/telegram-messenger-introduces-passport-a-method-to-securely-store-and-share-identification-documents/

2 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by Kewtt: 6:58am On Jul 28, 2018
Who really uses the comatose app anyways

Thanks for the mentions... I'd review my status immediately.... uncle lexus430gs won't win the tech battle

5 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by nony43(m): 7:27am On Jul 28, 2018
The poster above me did you say comatosed app? We are leaving you behind already

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 28, 2018
Ok
Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:28am On Jul 28, 2018
Social Media Advancing. Introducing New Features Everyday. Nice One Telegram!
Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:29am On Jul 28, 2018
We are not a fan

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by newbie2018: 7:29am On Jul 28, 2018
them dey mad ni

1 Like

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by Herrmes: 7:29am On Jul 28, 2018
Nah, it does not aid my privacy
Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by Badonasty(m): 7:30am On Jul 28, 2018
postbox:
Telegram, the privacy-oriented messaging app, has released version 4.9 of its app for both Android and iOS devices bringing a major new feature: Telegram Passport. The team behind the app says this is phase two of its Telegram Login project, which was first introduced back in February.

Our digital lives are getting closer and closer to the real world, and the number of services that need to know your real-life ID increases accordingly. Before today, this meant you had to upload the same document scans over and over for each new app. No more!

Meet Telegram Passport – a unified authorization method for services that require personal identification. Upload your documents once, then instantly share your data with services that require real-world ID (finance, ICOs, etc.).

Protected by End-to-End Encryption

Your identity documents and personal data will be stored in the Telegram cloud using End-to-End Encryption. It is encrypted with a password that only you know, so Telegram has no access to the data you store in your Telegram passport. When you share data, it goes directly to the recipient.

In the future, all Telegram Passport data will move to a decentralized cloud.

Try It Now

If you’d like to see a real-life implementation of Telegram Passport, head over to ePayments.com – the first electronic payments system to support registration and verification with Telegram Passport.

You can also try out how Telegram Passport works using this page to request data.

Please note that you need the latest version of Telegram to access this feature. Once you’ve uploaded some documents, you will see your data in Settings > Privacy & Security > Telegram Passport (on iOS: Settings > Telegram Passport).

Connect Telegram Passport

All developers are welcome to integrate Telegram Passport into their apps and services free of charge. It takes minimum effort and can save many hours of coding.

If you are building a service that requires real-life ID, check out the API docs for SDKs and examples.

Stay Tuned

We will soon be adding third-party verification for Telegram Passports. This way, some services won’t even need to request the data itself, instead relying on the fact that the Telegram account was approved by a verification provider and the person is real.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/telegram-messenger-introduces-passport-a-method-to-securely-store-and-share-identification-documents/

Non can ever compare to whatsapp

2 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by idrisalomagold(m): 7:30am On Jul 28, 2018
mtchew
Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by Sojebrand(m): 7:30am On Jul 28, 2018
Kewtt:
newbie2018:
them dey mad ni
post=69769700]We are not a fan[/quote][quote author=idrisalomagold:
mtchew
SMH

35 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by idrisalomagold(m): 7:31am On Jul 28, 2018
Badonasty:

Non can ever compare to whatsapp
wha..ginni?

22 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by Alarib(m): 7:31am On Jul 28, 2018
Kewtt:

Its obvious you Dont know what is happening in the messaging app world..... Cryptocurrency alone has made telegram one of the most used apps in the world today.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by Iruobean(m): 7:32am On Jul 28, 2018
sad
Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by TDonald: 7:32am On Jul 28, 2018
I know say one mumu go still quote the whole post

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 28, 2018
Check out this channel if you're on telegram /consistentforexpip
Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by obaataaokpaewu: 7:38am On Jul 28, 2018
Kewtt:
Cryptocurrency world uses it big time

17 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by automatix: 7:40am On Jul 28, 2018
Mark might buy this app the way it is growing.
Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by Uglymugg: 7:40am On Jul 28, 2018
Takeproft:
Check out this channel if you're on telegram /consistentforexpip

This is the only use of telegram. Only forex traders use this app

4 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by ZarahBuhari: 7:41am On Jul 28, 2018
Kewtt:
I do! Far more advanced than WhatsApp

23 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by peacettw: 7:41am On Jul 28, 2018
I don't care much for this app. Need my peace and quiet.
Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by reyscrub(m): 7:42am On Jul 28, 2018
Kewtt:
Who really uses the comatoise app anyways

Because you choose to limit your horizing and settle for token.

Bros if you still dey in Whatsapp club, omo you they in yester stone age ok.

Telegram has times ten features that Whatsapp can't even compete with ok.

Join telegram world and feel flying.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by phemmyfour: 7:42am On Jul 28, 2018
WhatsApp forever
Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by honfreeman(m): 7:42am On Jul 28, 2018
OK....better. That's the best business messaging app...for business men

1 Like

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by Naijawebmaster: 7:44am On Jul 28, 2018
Nice! WhatsApp is not necessarily better than Telegram, WhatsApp is just popular.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

4 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by bqlekan(m): 7:45am On Jul 28, 2018
If you are into airdrops and cryptocurrency, then you will know this app is bae. packing more features than whatsapp 70 times 7 times

7 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by NERDYDREAMS(m): 7:45am On Jul 28, 2018
Kewtt:
if you really know how great the app is u wont call it comatose app undecided..stick to ur whatsapp abeg grin

19 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by calddon(m): 7:47am On Jul 28, 2018
IMHO telegram is better encrypted than WhatsApp, just dat WhatsApp has more users
Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by reyscrub(m): 7:48am On Jul 28, 2018
phemmyfour:
WhatsApp forever

Not your fault but buhari make you whatsapp people to settle for less

1 Like

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by reyscrub(m): 7:49am On Jul 28, 2018
TDonald:
I know say one mumu go still quote the whole post

I tire oh
Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by reyscrub(m): 7:50am On Jul 28, 2018
peacettw:
I don't care much for this app. Need my peace and quiet.

There are two social media user, the business folks and visitors.

You don't need the Telegram because you seems settle for less.

Telegram is an app for modern guys ok and I will advice you to double up and join the Telegram folks ok.

Soon you will be making payment on most of social media such as Telegram, Facebook, Tweeter, LinkeId but Whatsapp is no go area for this payment because of its limitation.

Learn more my lady.

4 Likes

Re: Telegram Messenger Introduces Passport by dermmy(m): 7:55am On Jul 28, 2018
These telegram guys have ideas mehn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Sites For Downloading High Quality Movies / Xiaomi MI Pad 4 Officially Launched With 6,000mah Battery - Full Specification / n/a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.