Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic (12406 Views)

What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study / How To Choose A Project Topic / Things You Should Consider Before Choosing A University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by chikachuks1(m): 2:09am On Jul 29, 2018
With the education system on ground, every student must write a project before graduation. Polytechnic students write two projects, one at the National Diploma (ND) level and the other at the Higher National Diploma (HND) level. But then, many people have difficulties in choosing a project topic. That is why many students outsource their project work and pay huge amount of money just to get the project done. But then, if you can get a topic you can do, you will do it comfortably do it without stress. There are few points I will list below which will serve as guidelines to help you in choosing the project topic. Think well before you choose whatever topic you want to do as your project. I have provided an advice to young students who want to do their project work. Read the advice and try to adhere to it, it will be of great help to you. Therefore, the underlisted are things you consider before choosing a project topic.

Your knowledge level
: Knowledge they say is power. The first thing you must consider before choosing a project topic is your knowledge level. The primary reason why many students outsource their project work not because they do not have time but because the topic exceeds their knowledge level. If you must comfortably choose a reasonable project work, you must check your knowledge level. You will spend about 2, 3 or 4 years before you start your project work. Use these few years to study heard so as to be fully grounded in at least one field, so that when the time for project comes, you will know what to do. Your project must not be complex as many people think it is. If you think that project is a big deal, the recommendation I will give you is to look for an existing work in your field and improve on it. Truly, project work is very simple. Find out what you can do then go into it. As much as possible, choose a topic for yourself, do not allow your supervisor to choose for you. You are the one to do the project work yourself not your supervisor. Therefore, be guided. If you choose a project topic based on your knowledge level, you will do your project work without stress.

Your financial capacity: Once again, let me state that your project work is not a complex stuff. Though, there are some project that are capital intensive, but yet be careful in choosing your project topic. Before embarking on any project work, check your financial strength and that of your sponsors. As much as possible, try to downsize your budget before choosing your project topic.

Kind of lecturers in your department: Another thing to consider is the kind of lecturers in your department. In some departments, lecturers stands as stumbling blocks to many students. In my own little knowledge, you can apply for a change of project supervisor. The simplest way to do that is by simply approaching the lecturer whom you want to supervise you. If he agrees, good enough. The reason why you must consider the kind of lecturers you have before choosing a project topic is because many lecturers will frustrate your efforts. Knowing fully that your supervisors are human beings and as such are also limited in knowledge. It might be that your supervisor knows nothing about the project work you want to embark upon. How then do you want him to supervise you in what he does not know? Therefore, this is another thing to consider before choosing your project topic.

Availability of materials: Be informed that most of the project work done by students are simple improvement on already existing ones. Therefore check for availability of related and relevant materials before you jump into doing your project work. If your chosen topic does not have much materials, then your project work will seriously limited. So the more the available materials, the easier for you.

Relevance of your project topic: The next thing to check for is the relevance and impart of your project work. Make sure that your project work is not that which will take us to centuries and decades back. Let your project work match with the latest trend in technology. With this, you will not have difficulties in getting a scope for your project work. Also the relevance of you project work will determine if or not your supervisor will show interest in your work.

https://infoducation.com.ng/things-to-consider-before-choosing-your-project-topic/

5 Likes

Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by BruncleZuma: 7:10am On Jul 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:13am On Jul 29, 2018
YOUR AREAS OF INTEREST MATTER TOO.
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by davidboro(m): 7:15am On Jul 29, 2018
when Nigerian lecturers are good at giving student project themselves

6 Likes

Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by Gerrard59(m): 7:15am On Jul 29, 2018
That's if you actually get the chance to choose a topic. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by petsolo15(m): 7:17am On Jul 29, 2018
okay
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by Imperare(f): 7:17am On Jul 29, 2018
Ok
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by Pavore9: 7:21am On Jul 29, 2018
Many don't get the opportunity to choose their topics. Personally, if I was a final year student would preferably work on a topic that would be very relevant in my postgraduate studies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by femiblaze(m): 7:22am On Jul 29, 2018
An educating post. Time is also a cogent factor. And money. Don't go and pick a topic that would require you to constantly travel miles away from school; indirectly making you to miss classes and then putting you in firm position for a carry over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by KendrickAyomide: 7:24am On Jul 29, 2018
Am trying to buy my Project materials from projectclue now
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by tunwumi: 7:36am On Jul 29, 2018
Commercial viability of your project is the most important. If you can solve a problem that can be marketed commercially--then sky will just be your foundation.

Please note that you have to patent it before your supervisor turn it to its own.

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by internet: 7:37am On Jul 29, 2018
Choose topic? In which country? A country where almost all the project supervisors chooses project topic for their students to write on. U can only choose a topic for yourself in a civilised country and not this zoology of a country. When I wrote my project, my project supervisor gave me a project topic to work on, that he likes the topic. It is what he likes and want and not what I like or want.

2 Likes

Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by debolayinka(m): 7:48am On Jul 29, 2018
Projects have lost relevance in most of our undergraduate programs. Students in some schools just pay their lecturers to get project grades without necessarily doing the needful research, hence the poor quality of research in Nigeria.
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by ipobarethieves: 7:53am On Jul 29, 2018
sad Back in those good days.u choose ur topic/ur supervisor approved it.Woe betide u if u go do orijo/download it from prepared project cos the supervisor will demand for the material u use. Not saying peepz dnt do runz back then, but u must use ur head

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by pale105: 8:02am On Jul 29, 2018
How would you write a proposal
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by TRADELYN: 8:13am On Jul 29, 2018
SINCE 2010, GET QUICK & EXCELLENT RESEARCH PROJECTS, BUSINESS PLANS, etc @ https://www.nairaland.com/tradelyn

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by ProfGday(m): 8:15am On Jul 29, 2018
chikachuks1:
With the education system on ground, every student must write a project before graduation. Polytechnic students write two projects, one at the National Diploma (ND) level and the other at the Higher National Diploma (HND) level. But then, many people have difficulties in choosing a project topic. That is why many students outsource their project work and pay huge amount of money just to get the project done. But then, if you can get a topic you can do, you will do it comfortably do it without stress. There are few points I will list below which will serve as guidelines to help you in choosing the project topic. Think well before you choose whatever topic you want to do as your project. I have provided an advice to young students who want to do their project work. Read the advice and try to adhere to it, it will be of great help to you. Therefore, the underlisted are things you consider before choosing a project topic.

Your knowledge level
: Knowledge they say is power. The first thing you must consider before choosing a project topic is your knowledge level. The primary reason why many students outsource their project work not because they do not have time but because the topic exceeds their knowledge level. If you must comfortably choose a reasonable project work, you must check your knowledge level. You will spend about 2, 3 or 4 years before you start your project work. Use these few years to study heard so as to be fully grounded in at least one field, so that when the time for project comes, you will know what to do. Your project must not be complex as many people think it is. If you think that project is a big deal, the recommendation I will give you is to look for an existing work in your field and improve on it. Truly, project work is very simple. Find out what you can do then go into it. As much as possible, choose a topic for yourself, do not allow your supervisor to choose for you. You are the one to do the project work yourself not your supervisor. Therefore, be guided. If you choose a project topic based on your knowledge level, you will do your project work without stress.

Your financial capacity: Once again, let me state that your project work is not a complex stuff. Though, there are some project that are capital intensive, but yet be careful in choosing your project topic. Before embarking on any project work, check your financial strength and that of your sponsors. As much as possible, try to downsize your budget before choosing your project topic.

Kind of lecturers in your department: Another thing to consider is the kind of lecturers in your department. In some departments, lecturers stands as stumbling blocks to many students. In my own little knowledge, you can apply for a change of project supervisor. The simplest way to do that is by simply approaching the lecturer whom you want to supervise you. If he agrees, good enough. The reason why you must consider the kind of lecturers you have before choosing a project topic is because many lecturers will frustrate your efforts. Knowing fully that your supervisors are human beings and as such are also limited in knowledge. It might be that your supervisor knows nothing about the project work you want to embark upon. How then do you want him to supervise you in what he does not know? Therefore, this is another thing to consider before choosing your project topic.

Availability of materials: Be informed that most of the project work done by students are simple improvement on already existing ones. Therefore check for availability of related and relevant materials before you jump into doing your project work. If your chosen topic does not have much materials, then your project work will seriously limited. So the more the available materials, the easier for you.

Relevance of your project topic: The next thing to check for is the relevance and impart of your project work. Make sure that your project work is not that which will take us to centuries and decades back. Let your project work match with the latest trend in technology. With this, you will not have difficulties in getting a scope for your project work. Also the relevance of you project work will determine if or not your supervisor will show interest in your work.

https://infoducation.com.ng/things-to-consider-before-choosing-your-project-topic/
1. Chose a topic that catch your interest and has relevance to your course of study....
2. Originality matters too...Stop being FAKE even if its for once

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by stano2(m): 8:34am On Jul 29, 2018
Knowledge level
Money
Money
Money
Money
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by OlaoluJGD(m): 8:35am On Jul 29, 2018
Meanwhile if you are confused and need help with your research. PM me or mail martinemperor@gmail.com

Shalom!
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by Lordpeckxy(m): 8:45am On Jul 29, 2018
My friend supervisor say pay 20k or getout...............me am hoping for a nice supervisoŕ.......i cannot kill myself coding 1 stupid operating system that they will nt use My friend supervisor say pay 20k or getout...............me am hoping for a nice supervisoŕ.......i cannot kill myself coding 1 stupid operating system that they will nt use
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 29, 2018
Pls, I write projects for students in the management sciences and education.if you need my services, pls private chat me.
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by Adesolomon2014(m): 9:10am On Jul 29, 2018
tunwumi:
Commercial viability of your project is the most important. If you can solve a problem that can be marketed commercially--then sky will just be your foundation.

Please note that you have to patent it before your supervisor turn it to its own.

How do u do that, pls enlighten me/us
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by Bikky302(f): 9:18am On Jul 29, 2018
Yinmu, at the end your Supervisor will still end up giving you topic.

Just pray for a kindhearted supervisor, in terms of financial cost and all so you both would be able to work something up together that'll result in a win-win. Cos you can't run from it, your Project topic has to be within your supervisor's specialty area. Something that interests him/her.
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by czarina(f): 9:37am On Jul 29, 2018
Good one op. Seriously wish I read this article some four years ago. Would not have picked "a fancy" topic that ended up draining me financially and at end the dude gave me one kind mark like that cry cry
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by classicalbenson(m): 9:41am On Jul 29, 2018
madam ezigbo of the dept bus mgt,unn,that woman showed I and my mates shege...if u like pick abcd as a topic,u are in for an extra semester
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by eventsms(m): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2018
How to score grade A result in your project material for all departments www.researchs.com.ng
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
Thanks for your advice. For those of us that think that lecturers choose project topics for students, thou you be right but not in all institutions. Am a student of Uniport, Theatre & Film Studies, 300 level. few days a go our HOD came to the class and told us that submission of project topics is on 10 August. students are to choose their project topics but it must be in line with your area of major, after which supervisors will be allocated, It not in all institutions.
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by Viccur(m): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
Guys pls help me. I want to work on 2face songs and i submitted 'The Theme of love in 2face songs' as my topic but my supervisor said i should not use 'theme' but use another word to qualify 'love' in d topic. Edakun assist me. Proposal is due for aug 2. Chikachuks
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by hope4life: 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
U
Englov:
CHEAP DATA / CHEAP GOTV SUBSCRIPTION

� ENGLOV GLOBAL RESOURCES LTD

*FOR NIGERIA'S ONLY*

We are fully Automated and Fast,offering subsidised *Internet subscription*,We are hassle-free and efficient in customer channel.

ENGLOV DATA SERVICES:
� *Legitimate*
✅ *Unbeatable Speed*
� *Affordable data connect*
��� *Flexible Payment & Secure*

*OUR DATA PLANS & PRICE*

Our internet/mobile data plan works with all devices:
*�Android* *�Iphone* *Blackberry(OS 10)*
*�Computer* *�Modems/Mifi* *E.T.C*

�����������
*MTN DATA* *PROMO*
➡1GB@ 650.
➡2GB@ 1200.
➡3GB@ 1800.
➡4GB@ 2400.
➡5GB@ 2900.
➡10GB@5,200
*Etc*
*Validity:* *90 days*

*GLO DATA* *AIRTEL*
*(PROMO)* *(PROMO)*
➡2GB@1000. ↔1.5GB@1000.
➡4.5GB@2000. ↔3.5GB@2000.
➡7.2GB@2300. ↔5GB@2500.
➡8.7GB@2800.
➡12.5GB@3700
➡15.6GB@4600
➡25.0GB@7500
➡32.5GB@9600
➡52.5GB@14500

*Etc*
*Validity:* *90 days*

*To check your Data Bundle balance*

MTN dial *461*6#
Etisalat dial *229*9#
Glo dial *127*0#
*140#

*ENGLOV CHEAP GOTV SUBSCRIPTION*

Gotv plus 1,900 our price 1,800

Gotv Max 3,800 our price 3,500

Dstv Access 1,900 our price 1,800

Dstv Family 3,800 our price 3,500

Dstv Compact 6,300 my price 6,000

Dstv Compact Plus 9,900 our price 8,700

Dstv Premium 14,700 our price 13,700

Delivery time frame: 15 - 30 minutes

�Payment Mode*: *Bank Transfer/Deposit/Cash/Quickteller

*☎Contact:* 08. 0327 and 83486 on WhatsApp /call.

*​Data is immediately payment is Confirmed. You can be rest assured that service delivery is top notch and real.

Englov: THANKS FOR YOUR PATRONAGE

Pls shun this advert. They are scammers.Once you pay,your money just disappear like that.I felt victim to one Abiodun with Fidelity Bank Account.Don't do transactions with anyone you can see face to face.Even at that be careful.Do your data,cable subscription the normal.way.They use the reduced prices to scam people.They are 419.Be warned
Re: Things To Consider Before Choosing Your Project Topic by IRODANOSA(m): 4:33am On Aug 02, 2018
Viccur:
Guys pls help me. I want to work on 2face songs and i submitted 'The Theme of love in 2face songs' as my topic but my supervisor said i should not use 'theme' but use another word to qualify 'love' in d topic. Edakun assist me. Proposal is due for aug 2. Chikachuks
You can use topic or subject.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2011/2012 Unn Supplementary Admission List Out: How To Check The Admission List / Niger Delta University Admission List 2012/2013 .....check Date / UNN Releases Primary (merit) Admission List For 2019/2020 Academic Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.