Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS (17916 Views)

Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics / 16m Nigerians Unemployed In Q3 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics Reveals / N-power Is A Social Intervention Programme For The Unemployed In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by overlord77: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2018
Jirate:
I Thought They Promised 3 Million Jobs Per Year, Back To Daura Is A Must. cool

That's not the only thing they promised and failed woefully. Here is a complete list culled from their online manifesto

https://www.nairaland.com/2351765/apc-manifesto-81-promises-let

1 Like

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by Kewtt: 8:59am On Jul 30, 2018
Moukandjo:

Your demonic party is still NEVER an option! We remember their evil reign clearly!
How were your masturbation sessions yesterday?

1 Like

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by DrObum(m): 9:00am On Jul 30, 2018
SolutionMee:
That's not bad

Were they working before

In a population of about 200 million people, only 8 million people lost their jobs in 21 months

Assuming we give Buhari another four years come 2019, it'll only take Buhari 48 months to make another 17 million people to loose their jobs

In 2023, assuming we give Buhari's grandfather (if still alive) or elder brother a chance, about 34 million people will loose their jobs

Within 12 years of reign in power, Buhari and his family has the potential and capability to make half of Nigerian's loose their jobs

I've seen the reason why some people think this man deserves a second term

To finish the good work he started

And peradventure take Nigeria back in time

A journey to the 90's

Military age and era of dictators

#RIP2NigeriaDemocracy
My brother, it's a population of 200 million and a working population of about 80 million.
So, recalculate to see what baba has done

4 Likes

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by buhariguy(m): 9:02am On Jul 30, 2018
udemzyudex:

Hahaha, why do you like bringing in the past whenever Buhari is being attacked, ok I understand, you're Buhariguy grin your buhari promise Nigerians heaven and earth that's why he was voted into power after many attempt.

It's left for him to do is job and stop bringing the past administration into it.

Anybody that can do the job is allowed even if it's in APC but bringing Buhari back into power is a no no. We have seen his incompetence already, and that's enough.
to bringing out someone from a deep shithole is not easy, not to talk of a country like Nigeria with diverse purposes just to undermine the system, nobody can do what buhari has done so far even with little resources.
Buhari still remain the best till 2023.
Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by kalu61(m): 9:03am On Jul 30, 2018
WomanOfRace:
Tell them; since April I rounded up my NYSC, l have been searching for job but no job. I don't want to regrets ever going to school to become a graduate , to have a platform (a job) that will enable me build my own dreams, future.

Failed government.
April only, what will you call dudes that are waiting over year now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by udemzyudex(m): 9:05am On Jul 30, 2018
buhariguy:
bringing out someone from a deep

From a deep? What was he thinking? I thought he knew all this before making promises grin cheesy
Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by lexy2014: 9:07am On Jul 30, 2018
buhariguy:
if the 8m people are APC, they will still vote for buhari.

But you know thief atiku and thief saraki can not get up to 5m vote.
atiku is a thief but buhari didn't reject his support in 2015. Saraki is a thief yet d president was apologising to him&toasting him not 2 leave APC. What does that say of d man of integrity

1 Like

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by lexy2014: 9:11am On Jul 30, 2018
buhariguy:
this report was when we were in recession
did u miss this part of d report?:

"NBS in the report blames the increasing unemployment and underemployment rates on Nigeria’s fragile economy despite the exit from recession."

1 Like

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by madridsta007(m): 9:11am On Jul 30, 2018
resurgent2019:

Which banks are making profit? Kindly furnish me with a link from a credible source to substantiate your claims, please.

You’ll wait till Jesus comes angry
Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by lexy2014: 9:13am On Jul 30, 2018
buhariguy:
5 millions job has already be created through rice farming alone.
From 3m rice farmers to 8m rice farmers.

Other farmers have increase from 10m to 25m farmers.
are u d one who conducted d census of farmers?

1 Like

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by lexy2014: 9:15am On Jul 30, 2018
buhariguy:
just in the 90s here,
prof in China once dropped their ties and enter farm.
They were able to generate wealth through their population,

If we can feed ourselves as a nation and reduced importation,
With our population in African, we will be self sufficient, and the gain can be use to advanced technology.
do u have a farm?

1 Like

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by Moukandjo: 9:16am On Jul 30, 2018
resurgent2019:

Which banks are making profit? Kindly furnish me with a link from a credible source to substantiate your claims, please.
You really want me to furnish you with links? grin Do you think banks are making loses?
I just need to be sure where you stand before I wipe you with links! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by buhariguy(m): 9:16am On Jul 30, 2018
udemzyudex:

From a deep? What was he thinking? I thought he knew all this before making promises grin cheesy[/quote.

[quote author=buhariguy post=69823909]to bringing out someone from a deep shithole is not easy, not to talk of a country like Nigeria with diverse purposes just to undermine the system, nobody can do what buhari has done so far even with little resources.
Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by enuelsmith: 9:18am On Jul 30, 2018
Jirate:
I Thought They Promised 3 Million Jobs Per Year, Back To Daura Is A Must. cool
No sir! They meant the opposite

3 Likes

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by petab: 9:26am On Jul 30, 2018
Nobody should complain, we were warned but we refused to listen. This is what we wanted, no more complains, am already having fever...
Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by deavicky(m): 9:33am On Jul 30, 2018
Buhari is really trying is just that we can't see what he is doing.
Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by mikolo4us: 9:41am On Jul 30, 2018
We should expect more unemployment.

When you vote in a dummy who has no WAEC you get such results...
Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by banio: 9:42am On Jul 30, 2018
erico2k2:

You cant force a company to Employ, if it is that easy Maybe Government Agencies should employ more, cant you see the fault in your reasoning?

Who told U that U can't force or compel companies to employ. Go and read Nigeria labour Law and tell me if companies can't be compel to stop casualisation and contract staffing. Its like U are part of them keeping people on casual labour without medical, vacation etc.
Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 30, 2018
Thisis2raw:
quote me any where. China has never be a farming nation.
My brother go do your research and stop thinking like buhari
he is infected by buhari iberiberizm
Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by antyokya: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2018
buhariguy:
did buhari sack any bankers or pilots?

Is even encouraging more White collar jobs like more pilots will be available as Nigeria air wil commence.

More engineers are now working as a result of increase in infrastructural development across the country.
please mention the infrastructures Mr propagandist

1 Like

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by freeze001(f): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2018
FarahAideed:
Only a very wicked person will support Buhari still at this stage

buhariguy:
5 millions job has already be created through rice farming alone.
From 3m rice farmers to 8m rice farmers.
Other farmers have increase from 10m to 25m farmers.
buhariguy:
to bringing out someone from a deep shithole is not easy, not to talk of a country like Nigeria with diverse purposes just to undermine the system, nobody can do what buhari has done so far even with little resources.

1 Like

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by AlNur: 9:52am On Jul 30, 2018
buhariguy:

Is even encouraging more White collar jobs like more pilots will be available as Nigeria air wil commence.

More engineers are now working as a result of increase in infrastructural development across the country.
You are a poor paid hack roaming all over nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by Moukandjo: 9:59am On Jul 30, 2018
madridsta007:

You’ll wait till Jesus comes angry
Quote him to respond to this so I'll be sure where he stands, & his links will be waiting! grin

Moukandjo:

You really want me to furnish you with links? grin Do you think banks are making loses?
I just need to be sure where you stand before I wipe you with links! grin
Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by erico2k2(m): 10:03am On Jul 30, 2018
banio:

Who told U that U can't force or compel companies to employ. Go and read Nigeria labour Law and tell me if companies can't be compel to stop casualisation and contract staffing. Its like U are part of them keeping people on casual labour without medical, vacation etc.
well I said you cannot you say the gov can, well why don't you show me where is is stated the FG could force a private company to employ people. The law only stipulate for how long you are allowed to have a person under temp, but once this time expires the company renews it for said time again. Besides temping is good to some people, But still, Show me where it states in law that states the FG can force coys to employ people.
Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by buhariguy(m): 10:09am On Jul 30, 2018
antyokya:

please mention the infrastructures Mr propagandist
no state in Nigeria you will not see contractor working,
Even as fayose is not friendly, work is stil going in ekiti
Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by Grace001: 10:22am On Jul 30, 2018
buhariguy:
no state in Nigeria you will not see contractor working,
Even as fayose is not friendly, work is stil going in ekiti

I have read your comment so far and I begin to wonder how some people reason. Agriculture (farming) has gone beyond hoes and cutlasses, it’s now mechanized farming.

Where are the technology that will enhance efficiency farming ? So you want everyone to go into farming with hoes and cutlass ? How many hays can you make with a hoe for 5hours compared to tractor in 1 hr.

Please don’t let sentiment eat you up, everyone can’t be a farmer. The farmers we have can feed this nation if technology is introduced not just this hoes and cutlass mentality in your brain.

2 Likes

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by Adebowale89(m): 10:45am On Jul 30, 2018
buhariguy:
just in the 90s here,
prof in China once dropped their ties and enter farm.
They were able to generate wealth through their population,

If we can feed ourselves as a nation and reduced importation,
With our population in African, we will be self sufficient, and the gain can be use to advanced technology.

in the 90s. are we now in the 90s. even Yusuf don't defend buhari as you're doing here

no politicians is worth Nigerians time. both buhari and atiku are all the same

buhari that criticized govt officials going outside the country for medical treatment is the same man you're backing

you should rather submit yourself for money ritual, if you don't have any better thing to exercise your life on. I repeat, no politicians worth Nigerians time

2 Likes

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by smileyoo: 10:57am On Jul 30, 2018
Thisis2raw:
must everybody be a farmer?? What about the ones that have a dream of being bankers, pilots, doctors, civil engineers, computer scientists??
Look at all the great nations of the world like America, China, The Uk , Russia and the rest of them, are all their citizens farmers??
Tell me one Nation in the world that is rich through just farming?
Yes agriculture feeds your people, but it won't make you or your people rich.
The like of America China Russia South Korea even Brazil are making serious billions through Technology. We need to move as other nations of the world is moving.
Not to be thinking like Bush man
the zombie supporters of bubu 'll not even understand this your simple analysis, that the world is moving ahead, far above natural means of survival. even the so called farming he's making noise about, their fulani terrorist-herdsmen do not even allow nigerian farmers to do their job with peace of mind, due to their frequent killing of farmers.

3 Likes

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by taretoofine(m): 11:04am On Jul 30, 2018
buhariguy:

please show me one.. i am an engineer with MSc ...please PMB supporters are you guys hypnotized, drinking garri inside their hut and come out to shout sai baba..

2 Likes

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by mrbaba18(m): 11:08am On Jul 30, 2018
Wat do u xpet 4rm a man who took 6 months 2 appoint his cabinet nd prefer using old retarded politicians in plc of tecnocrats. 9ja sorry

2 Likes

Re: 7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS by banio: 11:33am On Jul 30, 2018
erico2k2:

well I said you cannot you say the gov can, well why don't you show me where is is stated the FG could force a private company to employ people. The law only stipulate for how long you are allowed to have a person under temp, but once this time expires the company renews it for said time again. Besides temping is good to some people, But still, Show me where it states in law that states the FG can force coys to employ people.

Thank God U have idea about the law stipulating how long U can keep a person or job under contract. So by implication if that period elapses the company can be compelled to staff.
If government is serious they will compel companies to staff after the stated period of casualising a job. Its just that the government is not serious.

On the other hand can U see what is happening to Mobil, is that not a classic example of government forcing companies to employ.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/supreme-court-orders-mobil-to-reinstate-pay-860-sacked-employees/amp/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Graduated 2016. It's 7 years already / Cardinal Stone Graduate Trainee Programme 2018 (3 Categories) / N-power: Osinbajo Announces Second Batch Of Successful Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.