Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal (9291 Views)

Tinubu Has Exposed Nigeria To Ridicule By Visiting Foreign Country - Falana / Obono-Obla: Peter Obi Is Not Eligible To Contest Presidential Election Under LP / Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by stephanie11: 12:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

The special assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on prosecution, Chief Okoi Obono-Obla, has reacted to a recent report by the House of Representatives alleging that he forged his secondary school certificate and wrongful utilization of public funds.

Obla, a respected legal luminary, has been under attack from the national assembly ever since he started investigating some of its members for fraud and illegal diversion of public funds.

The report by the house of representatives accused Obono-Obla and members of Special Investigative Panel, which he serves as chairman to refund N17 million excess funds collected as honoraria for sittings. They were also indicted for violation of the presidential order on flying business class.

In a statement made available to PoliticsNGR, Obla described the development as a smear campaign and 'Hatchet Job' by some members of the House of Reps who are out to ridicule him because of his investigative work. He said;

For the past two months, the House of Representatives Committee constituted to investigate the legality of the Special Presidential Investigation Panel For Recovery of Public Property have been in the forefront of a smear campaign against to the effect that I forge my School Certificate.

When I realized that the objective of the so-called Investigation was to smear and ridicule me I challenged the power of the Committee to investigate my Panel as well as investigate my educational qualifications.

The case is in the Federal High Court. The House of Representatives has no power to investigate my educational qualifications. Forgery is a criminal offense that has only the Police has statutory power to investigate.

The House of Representatives has no power to investigate crime or forgery. This is a hatchet job masterminded by some members of the national assembly who are against an investigation by my panel.

The intention is to smear and ridicule me. The Rules of the House of Representatives says if a matter is the subject of litigation such a matter is to be put on suspension pending the hear and conclusion of the case! So why is this matter different? The whole thing is a red herring .

It shows the impunity of the highest degree and intimidation because of my work as Chairman of the Property Recovery Panel.

All the members of the House committee were lackeys of Senator Ekweremadu and the leadership of the national assembly.

They were determined to intimidate and rubbish me because I dare to investigate some ranking senators who have illegally acquired assets that are beyond their earnings.

So the recommendation of the Committee is unconstitutional and of no effect. The House cannot constitute itself into a Court of Law . The House cannot be the accuser, prosecutor and Judge all rolled into one. It is a classic case of witch hunting ever seen in the annals of the legislative history of Nigeria.

The Chairman of the Committee and indeed all the members were RAPC and PDP and they have now defected to PDP. That is my story.

I feel very bad that the whole National Assembly would descend to such a despicable level of witch-hunting a humble public servant who is determined to do his work well. It is such a huge disappointment."

https://politicsngr.com/smear-campaign-ridicule-obono-obla-reacts-certificate-scandal/

1 Like

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by thoniann(m): 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
My first ever FTC.... So so so happy. I want to use this medium to thank the good Lord for mercies, love, and grace. To my parents and siblings, I love you all.

For those underneath me and willing to comment, quote me and start having issues with Amadioha.

2 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by lovelove2323: 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
grin
Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by bedspread: 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
So do u mean that the APC senators have not Acquired properties beyond their salaries??

Oga obon I put it to u that u are Fradulent!!
If not u won't make a statement Exonerating the APC Senators..

The Fight for Corruption if its Clean should not be a One sided affair?

Secondly, Oga talk true; Was The Certificate Forged

Madam Finance is gradually going under the carpet..

15 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by MrImole: 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
For you to work with Buhari you must have to forge something.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by patexcool(f): 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
OK o
Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by Mruwa1(m): 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
shocked
Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by Pabloosas(m): 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
cheesy
Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by Crocky23: 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
Just show NASS your certificate.

Talking of certs, will the following people report to nearest police station for being in possession of oluwole certificates.
Muhammadu Buhari (NEPA)
Ahmed Tinubu (his own from Toronto)
Kemi Adeosun
Obono Obla
This list is not exhaustive.

9 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by clefstone(m): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2018
Buhari doesn't believe in western education so ur job is safe, no fear

8 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by CHAIRMAN1(m): 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hehe
Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by Emmafe(m): 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2018
Not my business

Check my signature for Samsung phones
Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by Donvalentino55(m): 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2018
Oga just show them your certificate na...no need for long grammer!

8 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by breakeven: 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2018
MrImole:
For you to work with Buhari you must have to forge something.
UN
Like attract likes just like a magnet. undecided kiss undecided

2 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by donfranklin(m): 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2018
angry
Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by BlueRayDick: 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2018
Baba just screenshot Ur certificates and upload on your official Twitter account. All these long story of going to court no make any sense.

If anybody challenges my ó levels now, I would just silence him and release my original cert online with my exam number, let them check it and see it checks out. Shikena!

6 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by Sharpshooota: 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
I always knew that dude has no credible certificates from his great affinity to Buhari....

Dullards with no certificates flock together

5 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by comos: 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2018
Just show us your certificate to save this long story

2 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by miqos02(m): 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2018
Seen

We pay commission when you refer clients to us
Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by Sharpshooota: 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2018
BlueRayDick:
Baba just screenshot Ur certificates and upload on your official Twitter account. All these long story of going to court no make any sense

Which certificates do you want him to upload?

You want him to bury himself grin grin

6 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by perfectedmee: 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2018
Is funny how d intelligent and properly Educated Nigerians are being led by illiterates and people of questionable characters.

Yet some keep screaming Mr. integrity

Is it that some Nigerians are so ignorant that they can't read the handwriting on the wall?

This administration is enmassed in countless illegality and gross incompetence.

yet, some pple re still bent on fostering them on all of us.

Seriously, Nigerians needs 2 HV dre head checked, cos dre is something wrong with us.

4 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by AdeboyeTosin(m): 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hmm
Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by Sharpshooota: 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2018
clefstone:
Buhari doesn't believe in western education so ur job is safe, no fear

Once you agree on cow colony
You are good to go

5 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2018
Gone are the days when we believe all cheapo propaganda peddled to smear the image of sai Baba

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by henrinco(m): 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2018
17 million naira for sitting allowance embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by chloride6: 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2018
Just post your Certificate now angry

2 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by fergie001: 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
When Dimeji Bankole was asked to provide his nysc certificate,he didn't constitute a panel of SANs,he showed the world....
Obla,show the world your certificate...
No long grammar
No SANs....

It's simple.....how can I suffer through school and one goat will attack me that I have no certificate,I will laminate and show the world....these ones are crooks,forgers and paternal liars......
Oga,if you cannot show us your certificate,shut up like adeosun....don't insult our intelligence,mbok

2 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by Chiedu4Trump: 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
DonDemu:
Gone are the days when we believe all cheapo propaganda peddled to smear the image of sai Baba
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7489877_7480220fbimg1532707799620jpeg8f67b872f8f0b89c1613636aa19a3b4c_jpegec07514f529630f919136099db1ea315

Wetin good for Buhari govt?

4 Likes

Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by Mikeross62: 1:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
hmmmm

just show them any of your certificates
Re: It's A Smear Campaign To Ridicule Me - Obono Obla Reacts To Certificate Scandal by zirafxp: 1:53pm On Jul 30, 2018
THIS IS THE HOTTEST TRAINING OUTTA OF NIGERIA

Learn to Turn Any Room into a Stunning Work of Art. Attend the Powerful ICT-CENTRIC 3D EPOXY Training for FREE

This is the latest fad in the fancy floor world. The possibilities are truly endless with this type of flooring!

Practical Training in

3D Epoxy Installation + Graphic Designs + Digital Media Marketing

N.B: Despite the heavy rainfall last Saturday, participants from various locations trooped in to attend the ICT-Centric Cake Making, Photography and Makeup Trainings…they were ‘ict-centrified!’

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kogi To Establish Gas Plants With Euro LPG, Yahaya Bello Meets Foreign Partners / Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! / General TY Danjuma Donates $1M To World Bank’s Africa River Blindness Trust Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.