Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! (9296 Views)

REPORT: Yar'adua Is Brain-Damaged / President Yar'adua Is Dull? / Yar'Adua Is Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by batu: 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2007
On NTA Live,
Umaru Musa Yar'adua is our next president.
May God bless or rather help Nigeria.
Well done.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Seun(m): 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2007
If it's a hoax, <<snip>>
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by opuro(m): 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2007
yaradua has been decleared  president  after a free and fair election last saturday. me am cool with the result of the election. are you?
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by feelgood(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2007
Seun it is true. It is no hoax. Yar Adua polled 24 million, Buhari 6million, and Atiku polled 2million.
We thank God - all the detractors of this country have been put to shame. Forward ever Nigeria
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by GNature(m): 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2007
The BBC has confirmed it - Yar'Ardua has won the election.

The ruling party's Umaru Yar'Adua has won Nigeria's controversial presidential election, according to official results.
But European Union observers says the polls were "not credible", with more than 200 deaths in the past week.

The two main opposition candidates have told their supporters to reject the results and want a re-run.

Mr Yar'Adua gained 24.6m votes, while his closest challenger Muhammadu Buhari had 6.6m, the election commission says.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by 50kobo: 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2007
its true, its on bbc / reuters too. http://africa.reuters.com/world/news/
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by twinstaiye(m): 2:46pm On Apr 23, 2007
Voice of people is the voice of God, the Nigerian electorates has spoken, this is indeed victory for democracy and not for selfish interest.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by McKren(m): 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2007
The electoral process was in no way perfect, however if Nigeria's electoral process saw the emergence of those who represent everything that has made Nigeria the mess it is today then it is not worth having.

I have never been a great fan of Yaradua, but I do think he repersents the much needed generational shift. I welcome his emergence as president and hope he lives up to expectation of Nigerians.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Raymand(m): 2:59pm On Apr 23, 2007
Surely you guys can see that this is not right!
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by mazaje(m): 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2007
This has not come as a suprise we all have anticipated that this will be the out come. May God help him and i pray that he turns things around and serves this country well.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by kemisole(f): 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2007
am not realy surprise,cos i knew it right from the onset
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by zexyworm: 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2007
While Yar'Adua's legitimacy is indeed questionable, he is the best candidate and his less-than-perfect victory should be accepted by Nigerians as a compromise for peace, security, and contuity of economic reforms.

Also and on a positive note, here comes a financially prudent and responsible leader.  Let's hope he appoints TECHNOCRATS to draft Nigeria's future.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by brownbaby(f): 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2007
zexyworm:

While Yar'Adua's legitimacy is indeed questionable, he is the best candidate and his less-than-perfect victory should be accepted by Nigerians as a compromise for peace, security, and contuity of economic reforms.

Also and on a positive note, here comes a financially prudent and responsible leader. Let's hope he appoints TECHNOCRATS to draft Nigeria's future.

well said. I didn't waste my vote.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by mazaje(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2007

Also and on a positive note, here comes a financially prudent and responsible leader. Let's hope he appoints TECHNOCRATS to draft Nigeria's future

well said
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Jimiyke(m): 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2007
nigeria here we come, i have to say this, there is no election in this country,all this are just nonsence. shit out !!!
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by twinstaiye(m): 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2007
McKren:

The electoral process was in no way perfect, however if Nigeria's electoral process saw the emergence of those who represent everything that has made Nigeria the mess it is today then it is not worth having.

I have never been a great fan of Yaradua, but I do think he repersents the much needed generational shift. I welcome his emergence as president and hope he lives up to expectation of Nigerians.
This statements was so candid as if it was from the pen of Olusegun Adeniyi, the ThisDay columnist - 'Right of Reply'
zexyworm:

Also and on a positive note, here comes a financially prudent and responsible leader. Let's hope he appoints TECHNOCRATS to draft Nigeria's future.

Well said, i could not agreed less.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by babaibadan(m): 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2007
if  20+ million voted for the asthmatic guy

and 6 million for the shameless thing

2 million+  for the greeedy fellow

what happened to the other million + voters

Seems like even half of the country's population didnt vote.

Demonstration of craze , crazy demo indeed.

Baba lo n soro
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Beline(f): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2007
it's not a surprise atleast we knew the result before hand
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Jimiyke(m): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2007
my vote was wasted simple,
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by diyobdw(f): 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2007
i didnt expect anyone else to win undecided

All i count on is that: God knows what his doing lipsrsealed
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by zexyworm: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2007
Jimiyke:

nigeria here we come, i have to say this, there is no election in this country,all this are just nonsence. shit out !!!

The courts will take care of complaints for now.  The supreme court's autonomy was demonstrated by granting Atiku the right to contest.  Conspiracy theorists: Yes, it could have been OBJ presenting this as en excuse to reprint the ballot papers, delay their arrival, etc. to distort and manipulate the outcome.  I still think Yar'Adua has some integrity while both Buhari and Atiku have absolutely none!
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Badman888(m): 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2007
I knew he was goin to win but ahhhh com'on, 70% of the votes thats over riggin it makes no sense at all, now opposition party have a real case to present to fight this result
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by 9ja4eva: 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2007
PDP acts better than Nollywood stars.What a script dt was perfectly acted.How on Earth would Yar Adua win South South States?God will intervene in no time.I cnt wait.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by azorjiu(m): 3:44pm On Apr 23, 2007
congratulations mr president (elect). may you do what is right in the eyes of man and God.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by azorjiu(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2007
read on thisday that mantu has been defeated by AC candidate. good for him. im sure it is because he did not support the 3rd term grin
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by New(m): 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2007
babaibadan:

if  20+ million voted for the asthmatic guy

and 6 million for the shameless thing

2 million+  for the greeedy fellow

what happened to the other 80million + voters

Seems like even half of the country's population didnt vote.

Demonstration of craze , crazy demo indeed.

Baba lo n soro

Only about 40million people are legally allowed to vote. (18+)
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by krs2(m): 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2007
The election was like an AIDS test, what's da result?, Not positive.Yeah like an AIDS test you take though you know nothing is wrong with you,you just try to fulfil all righteousness  
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by GeeCee(m): 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2007
Not a surprise.
Every sensible follower of events would have known what the outcome will be.

Nigeria still remain the best in elections. America or Britain would have taken about 24hours to know the result of their elections but in Nigeria, we already know the result before the election.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by dekemena: 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2007
What do you expect! when a TRUCK LOAD of ballot papers already THUMB PRINTED in favor of the sickler (i mean yar adua) was seized in the north; not to talk of the millions not captured by the media. BABA is just talking Nigerian for another joy ride.
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by babaibadan(m): 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2007
New:

Only about 40million people are legally allowed to vote. (18+)

so wat u mean to say is only about 40million+ people are above 18 in nigeria?
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by debosky(m): 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2007
actually the number of registered voters is ~62million according to INEC.

this was a sham of an election
Re: Musa Yar'adua Is The New President Of Nigeria! by Badman888(m): 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2007
Ballot boxes didnt get to polling stations, early papers were not enough and alot of votes were considered VOID,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos / Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud / Everyone In This Pic Including Those At The Background Are All Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.