Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,990 members, 7,828,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis (48643 Views)

Napoli President Sets €200m Price Tag On Osimhen, Says "Only PSG Can Afford Him" / Georgina Rodriguez Gives Ronaldo A Haircut (Video) / Neymar: "Lionel Messi Is My Idol, Cristiano Ronaldo A Monster" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by internet: 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
Rubbish dey smell for this old fool mouth.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by jaxxy(m): 10:00pm On Jul 30, 2018
Monaco2:
Lol Ronaldos fans won't like this cheesy

Ronaldo is a sensation. It's a just a statement of fact! Napoli are just sore losers. Lol
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Butoneday2(m): 10:06pm On Jul 30, 2018
Aurelio or whatever u are called go sitdon and mind ur fucvking business is it ur money or are u jealous or what. undecided undecided fucvk
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 30, 2018
In every lie,there's an atom of truth. The money is huge BUT okay 4 a calibre of person like cr7. But lets not forget that b4 d end of this season, mark my words"juve will recoup their money", even get change 4 pocket. Nobody likes a rival no matter how good the person is......nevamind #I.stand.with.Napoli. Not bcoz of messi but bcoz these few seasons de don de wake up 4rm juve dominance
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by EmeraldKing7(m): 10:12pm On Jul 30, 2018
Messi
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by kabarka(m): 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2018
pheely40:
Ronaldo is arguably the best player in the world but it is a risk paying such an amount for a player his age.

Are you aware that when juve purchased the services of cr7,their Share value increased.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Dopeluiz(m): 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
teewhydope:
dunce! tell me one one napoli player better than ronado's left leg
he made some sense...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by mybestlove(m): 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2018
Dear Laurent is is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

Football business analysts will agree with him.

Even Ronaldo himself confirm it during his first interview in Italy.

Ronaldo said " players of my age go to Qatar and China..., when this offer came I didn't have to think twice...

If Juventus had financed the Ronaldo transfer without the involvement of Fiat Chrysler Automobile, Juventus would have fallen short of the EUFA financial fair play except they sell some of their top players.

Juventus was initially contemplating selling Dybala and Pjanic for this purpose.
Ronaldo, for sure, won't be so strong in the next four years when his contract ends and won't be that utility player in Juventus as he was at Real.

De Laurentis was talking based on the 'plusvalence' point of view and he's ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2018
RealDonaldTrump:
The man speaks the truth, but truth they say is bitter.
Ronaldo is actually a brand and not just a player.
Juventus signed the Ronaldo /CR7 brand.
His presence has already done much good to their shares.
They can make their return on investment in a year or two if things work out fine.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2018
kabarka:

Are you aware that when juve purchased the services of cr7,their Share value increased.

the share price today is the same as it was in Jan 2018 (aka 6 months ago).... without CR7, duh! so spending 200M one ONE player to get share price the same as 6 months prior IS a bad financial move, as stated by Napoli boss. hopefully when share prices quadruple, you can begin to talk of an achievement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by AngelicBeing: 10:27pm On Jul 30, 2018
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by babakb: 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

the share price today is the same as it was in Jan 2018 (aka 6 months ago).... without CR7, duh! so spending 200M one ONE player to get share price the same as 6 months prior IS a bad financial move, as stated by Napoli boss. hopefully when share prices quadruple, you can begin to talk of an achievement.

We know you don't like Cr7 but don't lie, after the purchase Juve shares rose by 11%, they have sold over €60M of his jersey even before start of season, Hey we are talking about 5 time Ballon d'or winner and 5 time UCL winner here.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
teewhydope:
dunce! tell me one one napoli player better than ronado's left leg

The Napoli president is right to am extent and wrong to an extent.
I wouldn't pay that kind of amount on a player that is about calling it home with his footballing career.
To me, the price was somewhat too high knowing Ronaldo has roughly 2 to 3 seasons left in him before he starts declining except the Italian ''anti-old'' age elixir gets him working like he used to. Sven at that you can see that his speed is gradually reducing just like Messi.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by SUPERPACK: 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

ARRANT NONSENSE #1
if that was remotely the case, then the WHOLE league should pay for his salary, not just Juve.
so again, what he says is actually RIGHT, Ronaldo is NOT worth it.

ARRANT NONSENSE #2 and #3
how exactly?! so because Juve was foolish enough to pay such amount (and agreed to pay such salary) to a very old Ronaldo, this will help the Serie A, in what way? old players have been moving to Japan, then the US, then China/Russia for as long as we can remember, and it didnt help SHIIIIIT (but the team these players played for)....but even if it was, if thats the case then let the WHOLE league pay for him, duh?

ARRANT NONSENSE #4

the above doesnt even deserve an answer, its so narrow minded, as if this sole player can change anything... i guess the fact that he always had great players around him makes you think he can win a match against 11 footballer, just by himself, lol! check the WC for a confirmation that Ronaldo without the greatest teammates is RUBBISH....
you are just an overzealous fan, who will praise Ronaldo whether he does right or wrong.

SAME ARRANT NONSENSE as #2 and #3

ARRANT NONSENSE #5
... if he manages to win the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE with Juve, then yes he will... other than that, winning the Serie A or even being finalist in the CL, would be a WASTE OF MONEY
see painment o, chai.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:01pm On Jul 30, 2018
SUPERPACK:
see painment o, chai.

its called COMMON SENSE, look it up instead of using your football fanaticism to judge a very obvious issue.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by SUPERPACK: 11:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

its called COMMON SENSE, look it up instead of using your football fanaticism to judge a very obvious issue.
if you no get money, hide your face.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
babakb:

We know you don't like Cr7 but don't lie, after the purchase Juve shares rose by 11%, they have sold over €60M of his jersey even before start of season, Hey we are talking about 5 time Ballon d'or winner and 5 time UCL winner here.

bro, use your brain instead of writing rubbish...i think CR7, Messi, Neymar, Mbappe and many other are FANTASTIC PLAYERS but i am sorry to say that a player over 33yrs old is certainly NOT worth the money, and only time can prove this wrong. any CR7 fan who today says that he will indeed win the CL with Juve (as this is the only thing that would make Juve recoup their investment) is a damn dreamer driven by football fanaticism.

again, the shares of Juves in jan 2018 were at exactly the same price they are today....and just because they fell in between to rise back to where they were in jan 2018 (aka before Cr7) is irrelevant.

Yes CR7 has won trophies (just like many others) does that mean he should receive the same outrageous salary until he cant even walk?!

so again, the Napoli boss just stated a DAMN fact, that paying 200M for the services of Cr7 for 4 yrs is not worth it.

as for the sale of his jersey, you must have very little knowledge of how much it cost to manufacture jerseys, lol!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
SUPERPACK:
if you no get money, hide your face.

ask yourself this simple question..... do you really think that many top European teams, in BETTER championship, couldnt afford to pay for his services?! many could but they know it was bad biz to spend so much on an old player like CR7.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by SUPERPACK: 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

ask yourself this simple question..... do you really think that many top European teams, in BETTER championship, couldnt afford to pay for his services?! many could but they know it was bad biz to spend so much on an old player like CR7.
if he gives them 40 goals per season, then its a good deal, madrid spent same amount way back, let the end justify the means.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:24pm On Jul 30, 2018
SUPERPACK:
if he gives them 40 goals per season, then its a good deal, madrid spent same amount way back, let the end justify the means.

ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!
again, they won the serie A this year without the need of CR7, so unless they win the CL, his coming to Juve would be a waste of money, even if they get to the final of the CL, like they did last year, duh!

so cr7 can score 1000 goals for Juve and it would be WORTHLESS unless they start winning valuable trophies again that they havent won lately (aka winning the Champions league and its amazing financial rewards)

Madrid spent that much and SOLD HIM for more than they paid for him (9 yrs later), so it was a great deal for Madrid... along with all the CL they won, they recouped their investment many times over
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by SUPERPACK: 11:30pm On Jul 30, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

ARRANT NONSENSE!!!!
again, they won the serie A this year without the need of CR7, so unless they win the CL, his coming to Juve would be a waste of money, even they get to the final of the CL, like they did last year, duh!

so cr7 can score 1000 goals for Juve and it would be WORTHLESS unless they start winning valuable trophies again that they havent won lately (aka winning the Champions league and its amazing financial rewards)
going by your statement neymar deal was nt worth the price, my brother before a club goes into such expensive deals feasibility studies have been carried out, and if no income is expected it is cancelled, juventus have done theirs,
Ronaldo can still be sold to the chinese league in 2years to recoup more than half the price, just like madrid did, let posterity be the judge.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by madridsta007(m): 11:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
EbolaParasite:

It doesn't matter. The point is that Juve will make money off him and that, my friends, is the only THING that matters.
His Jerseys will sell like wildfire. Juve will also get more viewers/fans which equals more revenue. Ronaldo is worth the fee and more.

We shall know when the stats on shirt sales etc are out. Or the stats on Ronaldo’s financial influence are out. For now, I think it was an ill-advised purchase. CR7 can only operate at the top level for 1 more year.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by SUPERPACK: 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2018
madridsta007:

We shall know when the stats on shirt sales etc are out. Or the stats on Ronaldo’s financial influence are out. For now, I think it was an ill-advised purchase. CR7 can only operate at the top level for 1 more year.
1 year as usual, but he keeps proving u guys wrong over and over again, he has shown the world that a 33yr old can win the world best award, so never write him off.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
SUPERPACK:
going by your statement neymar deal was nt worth the price, my brother before a club goes into such expensive deals feasibility studies have been carried out, and if no income is expected it is cancelled, juventus have done theirs,
Ronaldo can still be sold to the chinese league in 2years to recoup more than half the price, let posterity be the judge.

Neymar/Mbappe are young, cr7 is NOT.... this is an expensive gamble, like Napoli boss said, and only time will tell. yes, he could possibly go to a Chinese/US team later but none of these teams will pay anywhere near what Juve paid, especially if he is a big flop and they dont win the CL.

lets be honest here, winning the serie A would be a rubbish achievement that Juve already got without paying 200M for an overrated player.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by SUPERPACK: 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

Neymar/Mbappe are young, cr7 is NOT.... this is an expensive gamble, like Napoli boss said, and only time will tell. yes, he could possibly go to a Chinese/US team later but none of these teams will pay anywhere near what Juve paid, especially if he is a big flop and they dont win the CL.

lets be honest here, winning the serie A would be a rubbish achievement that Juve already got without paying 200M for an overrated players
ronaldo will never flop in seria A or champions league, i will mention you again by april next year, to show you that the 33yr old is still in the game.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:45pm On Jul 30, 2018
SUPERPACK:
ronaldo will never flop in seria A or champions league, i will mention you again by april next year, to show you that the 33yr old is still in the game.

you see, the above is clear misplaced FANATICISM without thinking... you think that cr7 can win the CL with any team, any teammate, lol!

again, i seriously doubt Juve will go far in the CL, especially after Buffon left....but hey, i stand to be corrected.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by SUPERPACK: 11:51pm On Jul 30, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

you see, the above is clear misplaced FANATICISM without thinking... you think that cr7 can win the CL with any team, any teammate, lol!

again, i seriously doubt Juve will go far in the CL, especially after Buffon left....but hey, i stand to be corrected.
as if buffon was their main pillar in the UCL charge, when the defenders makes sure he faces less shots per game, like i said i will quote you by april next year to that effect,
lets just agree to disagree
Peace.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:58pm On Jul 30, 2018
SUPERPACK:
as if buffon was their main pillar in the UCL charge, when the defenders makes sure he faces less shots per game, like i said i will quote you by april next year to that effect,
lets just agree to disagree
Peace.

bwaaaaaaah, what a funny quote!!!! yet you think that CR7 could have scored as much goal with Madrid (or Man Utd) without the help of all his great teammates who made fantastic passes/crosses to him?! come on bro!

you are right, time will tell!

btw: i am a PSG fan, and i also believe the price that was paid for Neymar is way too much, and the same rubbish gamble as the above one. the difference is just their age.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Badgers14: 11:59pm On Jul 30, 2018
€75m on Higuain was the waste of money.

Although I don't like the spending too much money for one player but the Ronaldo deal is a somewhat good business move for Juventus. But Juventus need to market the hec out of Ronaldo in his first 2 years.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by sprints2: 1:53am On Jul 31, 2018
his name sounds like a bakery bread industry de laurrentis buttered bread....till he die Napoli can't win the league... he should just go and beg ronaldo for autograph..
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by ddeola: 1:56am On Jul 31, 2018
Ronaldo go punish you Kontinuu grin grin grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by sprints2: 1:56am On Jul 31, 2018
yahoodotcom:
Waste of money
if I should choose between hazard £150m 26 years of age and Ronaldo £105m 33 years of age I will glady choose ronaldo because at that age he will gibe me 2 meaningful years of good football rather than hazard that will be playing daku daji football

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua V Francis Ngannou: Fight Today / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores Free-kick Goal As Juventus Defeat Inter Milan(Photos) / Watch Arturo Vidal’s Reaction To Ronaldo’s Winning Penalty Against Juventus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.