Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis (48648 Views)

Napoli President Sets €200m Price Tag On Osimhen, Says "Only PSG Can Afford Him" / Georgina Rodriguez Gives Ronaldo A Haircut (Video) / Neymar: "Lionel Messi Is My Idol, Cristiano Ronaldo A Monster" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Chiedu4Trump: 3:00am On Jul 31, 2018
teewhydope:
dunce! tell me one one napoli player better than ronado's left leg
Chai ur wickedness na Buhari level.

So no Napoli player reach one leg of Ronaldo, not to talk of Ronaldo as a whole.

True na u and that dullard wey dey Aso Rock go via for who mean pass.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by ikorodureporta: 4:12am On Jul 31, 2018
Zidane said CR7 wl not shine @ Real when he was signed...nw history!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by cheango: 4:46am On Jul 31, 2018
Join this whatapp group, https:///4PX6TjhhLy2AjFtJgyc7Fe or message this number 0909 214 8393 to join a whatapp group where a member will pick only one soccer league of his/her choice. u will do research and give the prediction on the daily and weekly sure games alone, even it Maybe 1 or 2 games..Members of this group rely on individual sure games for combination..Let's keep winning
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by babakb: 5:59am On Jul 31, 2018
[quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=69846630]

bwaaaaaaah, what a funny quote!!!! yet you think that CR7 could have scored as much goal with Madrid (or Man Utd) without the help of all his great teammates who made fantastic passes/crosses to him?! come on bro!

you are right, time will tell!

btw: i am a PSG fan, and i also believe the price that was paid for Neymar is way too much, and the same rubbish gamble as the above one. the difference is

yet Cr7 has assists than the so called great team mates, Cr7 has highest UCL assists in history, highest assists in Real Madrid history and 2nd highest assists in Laliga history.

Cr7 lead others follow.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by chiboy1116: 6:38am On Jul 31, 2018
Abfinest007:
I smells jealousy let me enlighten u on what cr7 will bring to seria A
1) it will boast d revenue of d league
2) it will attract other fine players to seria a
3) it will make d league more competitive
4) world best will come from there
5) increase d viewing of d league
6) it will bring more investment

am tired of listing bcus I can go on n on
lolx..3 is not evn a point , how u wan mk league competitive when u still de buy good players , sell Ronaldo ,dybala,chellini,pjanic and make d league more competitive. As of now juve is mile ahead of every team in that league .
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by chiboy1116: 6:42am On Jul 31, 2018
NoDulling4here:

Ronaldo is actually a brand and not just a player.
Juventus signed the Ronaldo /CR7 brand.
His presence has already done much good to their shares.
They can make their return on investment in a year or two if things work out fine.
Ronaldo as a brand owns his own image rights . Ronaldo ,Messi,neymar . Unless he sell his image rights I don't see juve making any cash from him being a brand unless he starts something with fiat, all the money Ronaldo makes as a brand goes to him.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by chiboy1116: 6:48am On Jul 31, 2018
babakb:

We know you don't like Cr7 but don't lie, after the purchase Juve shares rose by 11%, they have sold over €60M of his jersey even before start of season, Hey we are talking about 5 time Ballon d'or winner and 5 time UCL winner here.
lolx , u think jersey sales will bring back some cash , that's bs ,90% of the cash is for Nike/addidas ,if Ronaldo would HV stayed longer with them ,he would HV brought more sponsors ,let's pray he plays well this season at least
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by soliddust2020: 7:07am On Jul 31, 2018
Napoli president is only jealous and clueless. I remember when florentino perez bought CR7 he said the most expensive players are usually the cheapest. Madrid made more than 70% of his cost from his unveiling and sales of jersey in the first year. Remember the club gets a certain percentage from his endorsement. Juventus have already made over 50 million euros from the sale of jersies and the stock of the club has increased. At the end of the day juventus will make more profits than the his purchase price. No wonder napoli they lag behind juve for decades.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by HardMirror(m): 7:35am On Jul 31, 2018
RealDonaldTrump:
The man speaks the truth, but truth they say is bitter.
the man is not thinking like a business man. Ronaldo signed a 4 year contract. That payment wld be spread out through his for years. That is 105million for signing and 106 million for his wages. Ronaldo just being in juve wld increase their tv contracts value, ticket prices etc. They wld make much more than that in four years. This is business. Go figure bro
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 31, 2018
chiboy1116:
Ronaldo as a brand owns his own image rights . Ronaldo ,Messi,neymar . Unless he sell his image rights I don't see juve making any cash from him being a brand unless he starts something with fiat, all the money Ronaldo makes as a brand goes to him.
His presence can increase viewership both on tv and at the stadium, sales of Juve jerseys, etc.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Cruisenaani(m): 7:36am On Jul 31, 2018
Hoodfriend:
No be lie.
NA LIE
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by eskorbrown(m): 8:16am On Jul 31, 2018
Ronaldo will respond wen Juventus plays Napoli in d league.Dats y ah love Ronaldo.He shuts u up on d field of play.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:21am On Jul 31, 2018
babakb:
yet Cr7 has assists than the so called great team mates, Cr7 has highest UCL assists in history, highest assists in Real Madrid history and 2nd highest assists in Laliga history.

Cr7 lead others follow.

but of course, he can win a match with any team just by himself, while playing blindfolded, right? bwaaaaah! thats why Portugal failed so miserably during the WC, abi? where was all the above nonsense you wrote during the WC? if the above was any relevant to WINNING, he (or Messi for that matter) should have won the WC times and times again, duh!

the reality is that without fantastic teammates, he will be a shadow of himself...

...and btw: if he was indeed such a priceless player then HE would rank the biggest football salary, not Neymar and Messi, duh!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Reference(m): 8:24am On Jul 31, 2018
But his commercial value has already repaid half the transfer fee even before the season starts. And he usually earns more off the field every year than on it. At the end Juventus has only provided seed money, Ronaldo's game and image isthe long term earner. Juve tus will not spend a net dollar on him.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Reference(m): 8:25am On Jul 31, 2018
soliddust2020:
Napoli president is only jealous and clueless. I remember when florentino perez bought CR7 he said the most expensive players are usually the cheapest. Madrid made more than 70% of his cost from his unveiling and sales of jersey in the first year. Remember the club gets a certain percentage from his endorsement. Juventus have already made over 50 million euros from the sale of jersies and the stock of the club has increased. At the end of the day juventus will make more profits than the his purchase price. No wonder napoli they lag behind juve for decades.

Exactly.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by DonPikko: 9:16am On Jul 31, 2018
SUPERPACK:
ronaldo will never flop in seria A or champions league, i will mention you again by april next year, to show you that the 33yr old is still in the game.
by that time those rugged serie a defenders would have broken his leg

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by DonPikko: 9:19am On Jul 31, 2018
sprints2:
if I should choose between hazard £150m 26 years of age and Ronaldo £105m 33 years of age I will glady choose ronaldo because at that age he will gibe me 2 meaningful years of good football rather than hazard that will be playing daku daji football
he as nothing to play for in Italy, seria a is not one smooth league

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Aguata1stson(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2018
Wailer. this man need to check what June has made from Jersey sales alone since the arrival of Ronaldo. the marketing advantage of Ronaldo alone is Maaadt
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by SUPERPACK: 10:04am On Jul 31, 2018
DonPikko:
by that time those rugged serie a defenders would have broken his leg
just like the broke that of perisic, salah, higuain, dybala, immobile etc, non of the listed players is physically fit like him, and dont compare him and delima ronaldo, he is way physically built than him,
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by DonPikko: 10:13am On Jul 31, 2018
SUPERPACK:
just like the broke that of perisic, salah, higuain, dybala, immobile etc, non of the listed players is physically fit like him, and dont compare him and delima ronaldo, he is way physically built than him,
okay
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Azam101: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2018
Just couple of days now Juventus has made 60million dollors on Jersey. Despite am not a fan of CR7 the guy is lucky
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by babakb: 11:01am On Jul 31, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

but of course, he can win a match with any team just by himself, while playing blindfolded, right? bwaaaaah! thats why Portugal failed so miserably during the WC, abi? where was all the above nonsense you wrote during the WC? if the above was any relevant to WINNING, he (or Messi for that matter) should have won the WC times and times again, duh!

the reality is that without fantastic teammates, he will be a shadow of himself...

...and btw: if he was indeed such a priceless player then HE would rank the biggest football salary, not Neymar and Messi, duh!

I say name those fantastic teammates so that we can compare
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:24am On Jul 31, 2018
babakb:

I say name those fantastic teammates so that we can compare

such question is an INSULT to the great team that is Real Madrid, but anyway, take your pick:

Ramos, Marcelo, Varane, Modric, Casemiro, Benzema, Bale, Kroos, Isco, Nacho, Asensio...to name just a few!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Simplecity(m): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by babakb: 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

such question is an INSULT to the great team that is Real Madrid, but anyway, take your pick:

Ramos, Marcelo, Varane, Modric, Casemiro, Benzema, Bale, Kroos, Isco, Nacho, Asensio...to name just a few!

Now that Cr7 has left Madrid we will see how these players we mentioned will fare?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
teewhydope:
dunce! tell me one one napoli player better than ronado's left leg

OMG shocked
TKO grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Icon79(m): 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
Smart man! Truer words have never been spoken ....

... and many of us have been singing the same song as well.

O pari

Sportdab:
Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis has described Juventus signing of Cristiano Ronaldo as "A Waste Of Money".

Juventus paid Real Madrid £105m earlier this summer for the Portuguese.

The deal will see Ronaldo earn £106m over the four years on his current contract.

The 33-year-old has had his first training session with new Juventus teammates today in Turin.

And Napoli Presi De Laurentiis has mocked the deal.

“Spending so much money to buy only one player at the end of his career is very dangerous,” De Laurentiis told La Vertia.

“Let's remember that Cristiano Ronaldo is of a certain age and in terms of the club’s balancing of accounts his signing is a risky move.

“The signing of Ronaldo is out of any standard.

“If you start to pay such absurd and out-of-the-ordinary salaries, sooner or later this turns against you.”

By signing Ronaldo, Juventus became the first Italian club to break  the £100m barrier for incoming transfer.

They also smashed the previous transfer record in Italy by landing Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli in a £75m deal two years ago.

“(Ronaldo) has at his side what - perhaps- is the most intelligent of sports agents: Jorge Mendes,” De Laurentiis added.

“I had been with him for breakfast in Portugal and in those days we talked about the goalkeeper Rui Patricio.

“Then, when it was clear that Real wanted to left home (Real Madrid), he called me and said: 'Listen Aurelio, can we play this game?’

“Was it too expensive? Nah. That said, it's a nonsense. I imagined a model in which the costs were matched exclusively with the proceeds mirrored to the relative costs of the operation.

“I had told Mendes: ‘Do you think that Ronaldo will make me rich? If so, we do it so the first €250m turnover goes to Napoli, and the next €100m are due to Ronaldo’.

“If he could actually earn (those figures), he would have nothing to risk or to fear.

“But then Juve arrived, and - behind FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, who have part-funded the Ronaldo deal) - raised the stakes.”

Source:>>>SPORTDAB
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/07/cristiano-ronaldo-waste-of-money-napoli.html

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Tonymic4life(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
Money spoilt football and I'd keep saying dat.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by Citizenshelm: 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
Cristiano Ronaldo Meets New Juventus Teammates For The First Time (Photos)
http://wapnetrealm.com/cristiano-ronaldo-meets-new-juventus-teammates-for-the-first-time-photos/

Gonzalo Higuain Snubs Chelsea, Accepts AC Milan Transfer (Details) http://wapnetrealm.com/gonzalo-higuain-snubs-chelsea-accepts-ac-milan-transfer-details/
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis by adamsbadoo(m): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2018
SERIE AGAMES PLAYED ; 10

GOALS ; 7

ASSISTS ; 4

Rugged serie a defenders indeed, can they stop CR7 ? ....the king is still in the game.
DonPikko:
he as nothing to play for in Italy, seria a is not one smooth league
SERIE AGAMES PLAYED ; 10

GOALS ; 7

ASSISTS ; 4

Rugged serie a defenders indeed, can they stop CR7 ? ....the king is still in the game.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua V Francis Ngannou: Fight Today / Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria / 2019 AFCON; Corpers Gather Outside Uyo Stadium To Demand For Free Entry. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.