Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

"Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" (15319 Views)

What Could Make A Young Man Pick Up Interest In Woman Old Enough To Be His Mom? / 23-year-old Boy Caught Sleeping With A Woman Old Enough To Be His Grandmother. / Intimacy Gadget Stuck In Man's Anus In Argentina ((Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by HeWrites(m): 3:13am On Jul 31, 2018
A Nigerian lady on Twitter has taken to the micro-blogging platform to advise women not to rush into a relationship until they are old enough to know what they want in a man.

According to what the lady identified as Odogwu wrote on her Twitter TL;
"Here's a slightly controversial opinion: I think that when women are younger, they tend to be unappreciative of kind men, because at that point in their lives most of them aren't really looking for long-term relationships, so emotional maturity isn't their priority.

Knowing what you want in a man comes with age and experience. This is why I will always encourage any girl I know to hold off until you've at least established a firm understanding of who you are, what your values in life are, before you make any long-term choices.

Tunde that you're dating at 21 because he has a nice job, nice car, ambition, nice face, etc, but lacks emotional maturity, uses abusive language, ghosts you when you need him, never takes responsibility for his actions towards you, makes you think you are the problem, etc...

You only know how to deal with the Tundes of the world with age. You do not want to end up stuck with an intransigent, gaslighting asshole at 21 because you rushed into it or didn't know any better.

So yes, my advice is to start prioritizing kindness in men early as a deal breaker. Do not settle for a man that lacks kindness, you will regret it later. �️�️

Kindness is perhaps the single most important quality in a lifetime companion. Do not accept anything less."

https://www.torimill.co/viral/9118/dont-rush-into-relationships-until-you-are-old-enough-to-know-what-you-want-in-a-man-lady-advises-women.html

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by YOUNGELDER1(m): 3:53am On Jul 31, 2018
True

5 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by medexico(m): 4:11am On Jul 31, 2018
Girls want money and the other thing. everybody knows what women want.

13 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:29am On Jul 31, 2018
the only way anyone can know what they truly want in a r/ship is by trials and experiences...

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 31, 2018
Get sense early and don't marry late. Nobody is perfect in character. There are young couples everywhere doing fine and raising kids.

25 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by chiommy123(f): 6:36am On Jul 31, 2018
our mothers and aunties should see this and stop pushing us into troubled homes where the lady receives different forms of beatings and insults and when you complain they tell you men are babies just pamper him and stop making him angry. for how long

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by ImaIma1(f): 8:24am On Jul 31, 2018
Marry what you can handle.

5 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by folake4u(f): 9:05am On Jul 31, 2018
I agree with her.

4 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by Tokziby: 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
Sister Ko le werk.

No one is neither too old enough nor too young to cope with travails of marriage. It's the only institution that gives u certificate before the exam.

If u suggest that they should have experience so as to understand what they want in a man then u automatically turn them to olosho cos it would mean dating multiple men in order to weed out the bad ones.

The truth of the matter still remains thus; You can never ever know the true color of who u are dating until u start living under the same roof as husband and wife.

If a man had been sending u unlimited love text messages, taking u out on a shopping spree, lunch and dinner dates, holding back his angers when u upset him. He's only doing that to impress u and beat away the competition. if u are thinking u will get more when u say I do, then my sister u are sitting on a loooooong thing. It's either all the lovey-dovey reduce on completely vanish cos u've finally committed and off the market.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by dreamwords: 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
They won't hear
Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by inoki247: 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2018
Sure Don't rush wait until dey change d advert at ur gate from beware of Dog to Buy your Recharge card here....

some set of evening News paper will storm Shilloh 2019 nd Prayer city for husband dey will now start seeing d kids of doz rejected guys... bkux iz too late nd d rush dey were running from will now rush dem wrong.. Nothing is sure in diz world Na only God sure pass.

4 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by Offpoint: 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2018
While you're waiting please remember not to become evening newspaper.... peace

3 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2018
they all want money, ring and money. so they know from birth

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by BigSarah(f): 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2018
That's pure thrash, I know what I want right now if you are not a big God please give way grin .

5 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by braine(m): 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2018
What is "kindness"?

Until she defines what she thinks it means, her post is incomplete.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by allanphash7(m): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2018
Ok o

1 Like

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by adedayoa2(f): 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
Word

1 Like

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by omoharry(f): 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
ImaIma1:
Marry what you can handle.
grin grin grin that was well said..dont take in more than you can chew.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by iListen(f): 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2018
inoki247:
Sure Don't rush wait until dey change d advert at ur gate from beware of Dog to Buy your Recharge card here....

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by Yungstev007(m): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2018
Fact and insightful post. Just got the most unexpected breakup of my life though
Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by tstx(m): 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
True...

See my signature
Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by Delivar(m): 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
How old is "old enough"? People will keep making mistakes even when they are 70 years of age.

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
the only way anyone can know what they truly want in a r/ship is by trials and experiences...

I disagree sir. There are some experiences that can destroy or re-shape you negatively and erase any opportunity to learn.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by naijacentric(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2018
Nigerian women put money before love they later regret it all dar glitters is not gold

3 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by queenbetsy(f): 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
All I can say is...

It is well smiley
Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by Cuteamigo1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2018
and i guess the whole world will come to a standstill until you make you mind up. you will wake up one day and realise how much time has passed while you being picky.

2 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by thunderbabs: 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2018
What has Tunde done to gals in movies, romance gan na... Is always Tunde, the hrtbreaker undecided

3 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by seyigiggle: 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2018
i observed that the wrinkle has come calling

3 Likes

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
Why are you warning them? After broda Tunde has done a number on your strawberry pie, your eye don open abi? grin

Child of the world, broda Segun is next to collect.

1 Like

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by Chynna(f): 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2018
She is totally right. It's not always about money and looks, a man who respects you and is kind to the people around him (especially people who are of no help to him) is gold!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don't Rush Relationships Until You're Old Enough To Know What You Want In Man" by mekstaniac(m): 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
Old enough is a myth. That time doesn't exist

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Beautiful Nairaland Ladies / Slay Queen Takes Pictures Not Knowing Her Boobs Are Showing (photos) / How To Know You Satisfied Her In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.