Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections (6491 Views)

SDP Seeks Court Order To Nullify Oni's Candidacy In Ekiti Poll / Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor / Osun SDP Dumps Omisore, Denies Him Senatorial Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by VondaNews: 6:27am On Jul 31, 2018
MEMBERS of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, have returned to court, seeking for the nullification of the last congress conducted by a faction of the party in the state and the election of Senator Iyiola Omisore as the party’s governorship candidate.

The faction led by Chief Ademola Ishola, which announced Barrister Kehinde Atanda as the party’s governorship candidate, insisted that the congress that produced Omisore was illegal going by the court order flouted by the senator and his group.

Barrister Olayinka Sokoya, counsel to the SDP in a suit filed by two of its state officers, Alhaji Rasheed Mayowa and Chief Azeez Alakinde-Ismaila, had tendered two separate rulings against Omisore’s faction and asked the court to restore the orders which would lead to the sacking of the Dr. Bayo Faforiji –led executives.

He explained that it was an urgent electoral matter that should be quickly disposed off to pave the way for smooth running of the party’s affairs in the state.

Responding, the Presiding Judge, Justice David Oladimeji, noted that “if an order is made against anyone, there are consequences if the said order is flouted”.

He asked the applicant’s counsel to write a formal request to the Chief Judge for proper transfer of the case to him as a vacation judge, disclosing that the matter was originally referred to Court 3 of the State High Court of Justice.

“I cannot deal with this matter now until there is a fiat. This is a matter that needs to be treated urgently and I am ready to attend to it. Write to the Chief Judge for reassignment of the matter. I am still in this court in the next eight weeks. But I need a fiat to ensure I am not engaging in a futile exercise.“

He thereafter adjourned sine die until the matter is reassigned to his court as a vacation judge.

http://www.vondanews.com/osun-sdp-seeks-nullification-of-omisores-candidacy-congress-elections/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by jidxin(m): 7:00am On Jul 31, 2018
Foremost let me stand on the existing protocols..... Ftc ftc ftc.....ftc is really bullshit. Now back to the matter....the fight for power u would really think they have better things to offer but just their selfish interest. I wish we would stop voting for political parties in Nigeria but our voting should be based on individual records and achievements. Manifestos are just organized lies painted to deceive the gullible. Get your pvc now....the power still lies with you.

5 Likes

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by Iruobean(m): 7:00am On Jul 31, 2018
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] cool
Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by Iruobean(m): 7:00am On Jul 31, 2018
Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by Hardeybohwarley(m): 7:01am On Jul 31, 2018
Not that I like Omisore, but the man has really suffered From PDP now to SDP.

2 Likes

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:01am On Jul 31, 2018
Different rubbish news every passing day.
Nigeria my country!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by MrWondah(m): 7:02am On Jul 31, 2018
So even small SDP get faction.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by nony43(m): 7:02am On Jul 31, 2018
If una like make una no enter PDP go find una hustle

1 Like

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by hardywaltz(m): 7:02am On Jul 31, 2018
Omisore the killer will neva be Governor or elected into any public office eva again.

6 Likes

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by BruncleZuma: 7:03am On Jul 31, 2018
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by eedrissa(m): 7:05am On Jul 31, 2018
Nigeria politics sha.

1 Like

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by Zico5(m): 7:08am On Jul 31, 2018
Aregbe and Tinubu at work. They will surely fail. Omisore faction is the genuine SDP. These people with no grassroots politics are just their for their own pockets. They know omisore is the only opposition that can tackle and challenge them thereby looking for way to stop him. May God save osun from these Aregbese and Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by Isaacpyo04(m): 7:09am On Jul 31, 2018
From PDP, now SDP.

1 Like

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by israelmao(m): 7:09am On Jul 31, 2018
So much infighting just for selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by theophorus(m): 7:09am On Jul 31, 2018
Xongrat
Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by maryjan8(f): 7:09am On Jul 31, 2018
Politics!

1 Like

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by contigiency(m): 7:10am On Jul 31, 2018
All the parties infiltrated by PDP are just having the same problem. It will take a generation to get rid of the PDP infections in the politics of Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by HotMario: 7:11am On Jul 31, 2018
Omisore isn't going anywhere
Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by RichDad1(m): 7:13am On Jul 31, 2018
Like PDP like SDP
Failures everywhere.

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by Racoon(m): 7:15am On Jul 31, 2018
Nigerian politics! sad

1 Like

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by openmine(m): 7:18am On Jul 31, 2018
Day never break SDP come dey get faction.....Chai sorry ohh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by sureheaven(m): 7:21am On Jul 31, 2018
So APC will win Osun without stress...

2 Likes

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by arthurwillia(m): 7:23am On Jul 31, 2018
Na wa factions everywhere

Check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by Afamed: 7:24am On Jul 31, 2018
Zico5:
Aregbe and Tinubu at work. They will surely fail. Omisore faction is the genuine SDP. These people with no grassroots politics are just their for their own pockets. They know omisore is the only opposition that can tackle and challenge them thereby looking for way to stop him. May God sake osun from these Aregbese and Tinubu
Even when you cant impregnate your wife, definitely it must be Tinubu and Aregbe that are responsible.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by Charly68: 7:37am On Jul 31, 2018
Never trust any of these men,the man tried to electrify our street but stopped everything the moment he lost election few years ago while he was in senate. From there I know he is a joker & not a good leader

2 Likes

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by Barthley: 8:06am On Jul 31, 2018
Charly68:
Never trust any of these men,the man tried to electrify our street but stopped everything the moment he lost election few years ago while he was in senate. From there I know he is a joker & not a good leader
I'm not supporting him, but lets say the truth most politicians in Nigeria will do same..

1 Like

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by Menace2Society(m): 8:09am On Jul 31, 2018
Zico5:
Aregbe and Tinubu at work. They will surely fail. Omisore faction is the genuine SDP. These people with no grassroots politics are just their for their own pockets. They know omisore is the only opposition that can tackle and challenge them thereby looking for way to stop him. May God save osun from these Aregbese and Tinubu
U be IPOB ?which kin nonsense be dis ?
Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by Minjim: 8:34am On Jul 31, 2018
Zico5:

When did Omisore entered SDP?

What of the ppl that's been holding things down since?

Must contest every time?
He should just give up already. Is not like any of them will win self.

2 Likes

Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by erosimo(m): 8:35am On Jul 31, 2018
hardywaltz:
Omisore the killer will neva be Governor or elected into any public office eva again.
Another idiot
Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by hardywaltz(m): 8:50am On Jul 31, 2018
erosimo:

I'm an idiot

That's better
Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by erosimo(m): 8:53am On Jul 31, 2018
hardywaltz:

I'm an idiot for real

Another election rigger exposed...apc rigging machine
Re: Osun SDP Seeks Nullification Of Omisore’s Candidacy, Congress Elections by lakesider(m): 8:57am On Jul 31, 2018
where is fani kayode , he was in the east on the osun gover primary . he is only popular on facebook and no one knows him in osun

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna Govt. Distributes 230,000 Free Uniforms To Secondary School Students / Why Did The British Favour The Fulani So Much / Lai Mohammed’s Disinformation Tactics - Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.