Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,889 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Should I Continue This Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Continue This Relationship (1216 Views)

Photo: When A Lady Tells A Nigerian Man "No Sex In This Relationship" / Tired Of This Relationship / Should I Continue This Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue This Relationship by Becky15(f): 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2010
Hi NL, pls i need a serious advice on this topic. am dating a jobless man for 3months now and am the responsible for everytin,(gradutate no job) pls should i continue this relationship
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by SAGoddess: 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2010
Please continue, why would you want to stop now when he was unemployed when you started dating him, stick with him like super glue!

Mcxxxxmmmm!
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by sesman(m): 2:16pm On Jun 18, 2010
SA Goddess:

Please continue, why would you want to stop now when he was unemployed when you started dating him, stick with him like super glue!

Mcxxxxmmmm!
SA Goddess, you are all heart you are grin

@poster, Just give him time, I am sure he is actively seeking employment, i mean why wont he grin
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by skfa1: 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2010
continue, God `ll help him to secure a job soon
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by SAGoddess: 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2010
sesman:

SA Goddess, you are all heart you are grin

@poster, Just give him time, I am sure he is actively seeking employment, i mean why wont he grin

Don't mind me sesman  wink
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Carolece(f): 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2010
If he want to sit around why you work and do the supporting, run run run. If he's searching with no success as yet, stick with him and do your best not to make that be too much a burden on you. Dont spend beyond your needs, get only necessary things (things thay you need and not want or just like). Hope and pray he will pick up something soon. Goood luck to him. Put you and him in my prayers.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Spyker: 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2010
He is a graduate means that there is hope. In as much as he is seeking for employment, why not encourage him to look for a job even with a small salary rather than leave him. If he makes it big tomorrow, do you think he will run away (some men can do that but not all men are heartless). He may start with a teaching job since i know that there are many schools especially the private ones that are employing.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by LOVE4BUG(f): 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2010
Pls just be sure that he loves you for you not for what u can give.

Make sure he is not there just to sustain and when gets the job, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Just use your head ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo grin
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by lallafati(f): 4:59pm On Jun 18, 2010
Stick with him if you know he loves you. That's your role as a girlfriend - be there for him. Hopefully he is a responsible and mature individual who is trying all he can to get a job.
Encourage him and praise his efforts. Please do never make him feel inadequate. If and when you wanna do something for him don't wait for him to ask if you know what he needs, and don't mention things that you have done for him - he knows.
Hopefully he will treat you well when things get better but remember you're doing this out of love not because of a future act of gratefulness.
Spend your money wisely and plan accordingly. Things will be okay. Pray and believe.
And please close your eyes and ears to any other suitor because desperation or being discouraged might lead you into temptation, but if you close your heart and your mind, you will be fine.
Focus on the wonderful things that you both have in your relationship and hopefully this situation can lead both of you to enjoy simple things and quality time that does not involve things that money can buy.
Another thing, don't go around mentioning his situation to your friends or family members, I mean don't complain about it, just keep quiet and be discrete. This will make you stronger.
That's what being a woman is about: carrying on with dignity and faithfulness when things are not rosy and having her man's back no matter what.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Becky15(f): 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2010
thanks you my sis and brodas , how do are no he love me ?
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Onchedu(m): 5:31pm On Jun 18, 2010
I don't understand "U r responsible for everything."

Is he sitting idle or is he really trying hard to get a good job? Does he appreciate U and Ur offering to support him in his lack? Is he demanding of U and insensitive to ur needd? Does he treat U wrong?
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by polosco(m): 11:08am On Jun 19, 2010
YES if he's truly looking 4 a job. But i suggest he can get into internet/online jobs or start something by himself. Wish you the best.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Ben13: 11:18am On Jun 19, 2010
If you had said, I am dating a guy that has not been working for the past three months, that sounds better. "I'm dating a Jobless Man" - That was too harsh! cheesy
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 19, 2010
@poster, are u working?, but the way u put it jobless man is annoying to me, so u can answer my question now
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by StRichy(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2010
Spyker:

He is a graduate means that there is hope. In as much as he is seeking for employment, why not encourage him to look for a job even with a small salary rather than leave him. If he makes it big tomorrow, do you think he will run away (some men can do that but not all men are heartless). He may start with a teaching job since i know that there are many schools especially the private ones that are employing.
When will naija babes learn to sow on fertile grounds?
Besides if u desert him now, i bet a gal like u will fix him up and when u see him again u wish u never did.
Ple, a, s.e don't goooooooooooo! I'm begging you to s-t-a-y.
things will be fine soon. Trust God!
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by StRichy(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2010
Spyker:

When will naija babes learn to sow on fertile grounds?
Besides if u desert him now, i bet a gal like u will fix him up and when u see him again u wish u never did.
Ple, a, s.e don't goooooooooooo! I'm begging you to s-t-a-y.
things will be fine soon. Trust God!
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2010
let her go, who cares there is enough babes everywhere grin grin
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Orikinla(m): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2010
There is a season for sowing and a season for reaping.

Your harvest will come and God may use another man to reward you.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by kieryn(f): 5:13am On Jun 20, 2010
Depends. If he actively looking for job (he is not lazy)and is willing to find anything decent just so that he can say he has money and can support you then he is a keeper. But he not humble and not willing to get any job because he thinks he is a graduate and deserve better than it time to move on. Sometimes one had to start at the bottom to get to the top.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by dobodobo(m): 9:32am On Jun 20, 2010
Naija babes with issue. I  dated a girl for 3 yrs while she was jobless.even though I complained, I got responsible for everything, I sworn to God and for you girl,its just 3 months.you are crying,  grin
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 20, 2010
lol
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 20, 2010
barges into thread

about hitting the OP with sledge hammer

decides to do that another day

when u will see what he will become in future.

mumu; only 3 months and u are complaining;

while someone will bear your burden for the rest of your life when u marry him
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 20, 2010
sledge hammer? shocked, plz hv mercy on poster
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 20, 2010
^^^^^

I think she needs it.

No be person dey bear their burden for a life-time. And she is complaining after 3 months only
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2010
^^ she needs sugar daddy grin
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 20, 2010
I no blame am.

The poor guy fit be "Local Govt Chairman" 2moro

lol
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 20, 2010
hehehehe, nigerian girls this days never cares for luv, they care for money, even if u are a rich madman sleeping under the bridge, u are welcome as far as u gat the cash grin
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by boy1(m): 11:19am On Jun 20, 2010
Firearm:

^^^^^

I think she needs it.

No be person dey bear their burden for a life-time. And she is complaining after 3 months only

dobodobo:

Naija babes with issue. I dated a girl for 3 yrs while she was jobless.even though I complained, I got responsible for everything, I sworn to God and for you girl,its just 3 months.you are crying, grin
no mind dem!we no go hear word.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by dobodobo(m): 8:52am On Jun 22, 2010
odiaero:

hehehehe, nigerian girls this days never cares for luv, they care for money, even if u are a rich madman sleeping under the bridge, u are welcome as far as u gat the cash grin
don't take it that far, If Money grow in trees,Nigeria girls will date and bleep MONKEYS
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by fubiluv: 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2010
If he is hardworking and trying to help himself find a job, keep praying for him.
But if he is a lazy man that prefers to eat from a woman,my dear run for your dear life.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by dokwesi(m): 9:21am On Jun 23, 2010
lallafati:

Stick with him if you know he loves you. That's your role as a girlfriend - be there for him. Hopefully he is a responsible and mature individual who is trying all he can to get a job.
Encourage him and praise his efforts. Please do never make him feel inadequate. If and when you wanna do something for him don't wait for him to ask if you know what he needs, and don't mention things that you have done for him - he knows.
Hopefully he will treat you well when things get better but remember you're doing this out of love not because of a future act of gratefulness.
Spend your money wisely and plan accordingly. Things will be okay. Pray and believe.
And please close your eyes and ears to any other suitor because desperation or being discouraged might lead you into temptation, but if you close your heart and your mind, you will be fine.
Focus on the wonderful things that you both have in your relationship and hopefully this situation can lead both of you to enjoy simple things and quality time that does not involve things that money can buy.
Another thing, don't go around mentioning his situation to your friends or family members, I mean don't complain about it, just keep quiet and be discrete. This will make you stronger.
That's what being a woman is about: carrying on with dignity and faithfulness when things are not rosy and having her man's back no matter what.

@ Lallafati. You have the wisdom few women have. As far as i am concerned, your comment on this topic is the best i have seen on Nairaland. (God Bless you).

@ Poster. There is always light at the end of every tunnel. It just takes one to walk to the end. Like what lallafati said, encourage him, drive him, above all movtivate him to be the best he could. But there is something going on at the back of your mind right now. What if he leaves me at the end of the day?, he would also meet his water loo.
Re: Should I Continue This Relationship by lallafati(f): 4:58am On Jun 28, 2010
dokwesi:

@ Lallafati. You have the wisdom few women have. As far as i am concerned, your comment on this topic is the best i have seen on Nairaland. (God Bless you).
@ Poster. There is always light at the end of every tunnel. It just takes one to walk to the end. Like what lallafati said, encourage him, drive him, above all movtivate him to be the best he could. But there is something going on at the back of your mind right now. What if he leaves me at the end of the day?, he would also meet his water loo.
Dokwesi, thank you. Just tryin to my best wink God bless you too smiley

(1) (Reply)

Ur Bf/gf Travel Abroad, How Long Can U Wait? / I Don't Love You / Need A Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.