Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,480 members, 7,854,078 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:27 AM

Sokoto State Governor Gave Reasons For Dumping APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto State Governor Gave Reasons For Dumping APC (294 Views)

Tambuwal Addressing His Supporters While Dumping APC For PDP / Abdulfatah Ahmed Hints Of Dumping APC / Saraki Opens Up On Dumping APC, Says "Don’t Push Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sokoto State Governor Gave Reasons For Dumping APC by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2018
Sokoto state Governor, Tambuwal Governor Tambuwal gave many reasons for dumping APC. Below is 10 takeaways from his defection speech:

1.Ethno, religious and regional distrust on the rise

“Now, almost four years into what ought to be a new order as desired and elected by Nigerians, the nation is unfortunately going through the most difficult and precarious times, since the Civil war; with ethno, religious and regional distrust at its highest ebb.

2.Lopsidded appointments by APC government:

Meanwhile, there are issues of brazen inequity and capacity and questionable distribution of appointments/projects. This is in addition to lack of statesmanship in responding to national issues, among other things that are far aggravating the anomaly.

3.Incompetence of the APC

It is because I am convinced
that no nation can thrive while there is inequity and bad governance; because I am saddened by the fact that lethargy, incompetence and sustained denial of obvious leadership missteps have become the major raw materials with which the Nigerian State is being run today; because I am unwilling to be part of frightful conspiracy against the cohesion of the Nigerian State, Nigerian youths and peoples; because I am unable to feel at ease in the face of a progressively divided nation and, above all, because I am totally unable to reconcile myself to a national leadership that offers no redeeming moral beacons that I am here with you today; to announce withdrawal of my membership of the All Progressives Congress and return to the People’s Democratic Party.

Impunity, rigging and corrupt ion of APC

The party has brazenly turned itself into a sanctuary for the corrupt and a machine for rigging and for the rape of democracy. It has also not broken new grounds in any positive sense, but has instead reached historically unprecedented heights of impunity in all manner of vices far above and beyond the challenges which made some of us to leave the PDP about four years ago to join others to form the APC. APC has failed Nigerians Let me also put it on record that all attempts to discuss the electoral promises of the APC-led government, including the restructuring of the country as promised Nigerians and as contained in the APC manifesto, have proved abortive. Beyond that, I cannot look those who elected me as their Governor here in Sokoto State in the face and boldly point to any meaningful Federal Projects initiated in the state under the APC government. Even the bulk of uncompleted Federal Projects here that were inherited from the previous administration have largely remained in their state of neglect. Sokoto State is also not being meaningfully carried along in political appointments and in other matters of national importance.

6.killings in many states

The recent attack in Tabinnii in Rabah LGA of Sokoto State, the routine invasion of Zamfara State by armed bandits, the now-regular killing of policemen by unknown gunmen all over the country, the regular massacre of innocent people in the North East axis and many similar daily incidents, do not attract much attention any more.

Unemployment, mass loss of jobs

While youth unemployment rate was 11.70 per cent during the fourth quarter of 2014, it rose to 33.10 per cent in third quarter of 2017 under the APC Government Information from National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) shows that over nine million jobs have been lost in the last 3 years, since the APC Government came into office. Crumpled economy Good governance, viz-a-viz economic wellbeing of our people, remains the major reason for my action of today.

The economy is not showing any real signs of improvement.

Our educational and health institutions are in retreat. Poverty is on rampage and still ravages the land. It is unacceptable that majority of those who voted for APC in 2015 should have nothing good to show for it. Returns to PDP Let me at this juncture state emphatically that I return to the PDP with a clear conscience today, because the party has learnt some bitter lessons and noted what mistakes it must avoid in the future. Says PDP now well-positioned party It is now a repositioned and forward-looking political party to which I now pledge loyalty, in my resolve to contribute towards improving the lives of Nigerians and expanding opportunities for the youths. It is only by working together as agents of development that we can promote excellence, competence, good governance and enthronement of genuine democracy to save Nigeria.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/10-takeaways-from-tambuwals-defection-speech/

(1) (Reply)

Humane Nigerians: A Prerequisite For A Peaceful And Prosperous Nigeria / APC: Ebonyi State Governor Barred APC Members From Using Abakaliki Staduim / Defections: The Task Ahead For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.