Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha (1722 Views)

Alamesiegha: His Deeds, His Corruption And The Lesson Before Us / Alamesiegha’s Visit To okorocha Unsettles Imo Pdp guber Aspirants / Could This Be True About Alamesiegha?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by ladi02(m): 11:48pm On Jun 18, 2010
Barely 24 hours after the new chairman of the party is sworn in, the National Executive Council (NEC) of the PDP on Friday announced the readmittance of former Bayelsa governor, Diepreye Alamesiegha.

A statement issued in Abuja on Friday by the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Rufai Alkali, said Alamesiegha had written the NEC on his intention to return to the party.

He said the 51st NEC meeting considered Alamesiegha’s application for readmittance based on his fulfilment of Article 10 (iii) of the party’s constitution. The section states that any party member who has been suspended can be readmitted if he applies for reconsideration.

Mr Alamesiegha was expelled in 2005 when he was charged with money laundering. He was arrested while on a visit to Britain on September 15, 2005, an act which was then described as an assault on the integrity of the party.

However, the statement did not state when and if he had applied for readmittance.

Read More: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5582480-146/pdp_readmits_alamesiegha___.csp
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by ladi02(m): 11:52pm On Jun 18, 2010
Unbelievable!
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by hatch: 12:10am On Jun 19, 2010
What else do you from the biggest yet the dumbest party in Africa.After all they just installed a returnee defectee as their chairman.
A pathetic bunch.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 19, 2010
you mean SHE/HE has been called back to papa deceive pikin party cry embarassed angry angry shocked embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry cry angry angry angry
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Kobojunkie: 12:34am On Jun 19, 2010
NO FREAKING WAY!!!!  shocked shocked

I can't believe such is being considered . . . after all he did!
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by sjeezy8: 12:37am On Jun 19, 2010
nigeria= total joke lol
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by OAM4J: 12:42am On Jun 19, 2010
Nigeria - house of wonders! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 19, 2010
seems this is the sort of thing to expect from a Johnathan presidency
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Jun 19, 2010
Let's please not confuse Jonathan for the PDP Party here. Yes, he is a PDP member, and yes, he is the President, but he is not PDP Chairman and certainly not decision maker for the party as a whole. But it does bother me some that he does not see the problem with continuing to associate with a group that cavorts with ex-convicts in this manner.

I really should not be surprised but considering the amount of faith some nairalanders, especially some from the ND region , are willing to put in him, I expected he would, by now, distance himself far from much of the activities of the group but that does not seem to be happening much. If anything, he seems more involved than ever.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by buffox: 2:39am On Jun 19, 2010
He is coming to assume godfathership of Jonathan from OBJ grin

And the PDP internal war continues . . .
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by bjmighty(m): 2:44am On Jun 19, 2010
Peoples Demonic Party grin grin grin
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by desgiezd(m): 3:55am On Jun 19, 2010
The Atiku c.u.m PDM boys are regrouping
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by mensdept: 4:21am On Jun 19, 2010
That is good news. Its like the NFF hiring a mercenary weeks before the biggest event they are suppose to plan for.

See, this is Nigeria, where leaders of government, Soccer, Universities, etc., can basically do whatever they want, and no one, even OBAMA, can do anything about it. It's only when there's a dispute among the powers that be, or a wreckless oversight caught abroad (like IBORI) that something may happen. But left with Nigeria, these people can do whatever they want, and you guys cant do a dam thing about it.

Even the reporters report as if they too, are in awe, writing about IBB as if he is a credible human being.

Common criminals are ruling your town and your mothers town, and our people are busy dancing to P Square, Dbanj, going to mosque or their Pastor's place, and sitting in stupid traffic on 3rd main bridge and thats that.

We tend to carry ourselves as if some of us are children, others cowards, others heroes without a following. Tommorrow it will be Al-Mustapha contesting and winning a seat in the Senate, or Abachas son becoming PDP governor of Kano state.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by seanet02: 4:50am On Jun 19, 2010
We need to examine this people, they are all rogues ruling us. Imagine that looter returning back to politics. I dont need to worry. He can only loot ng account not mine.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by chidichris(m): 10:21am On Jun 19, 2010
two words are useful here, LOYALITY AND SUPREMACY.
as long as u are loyal to obasanjo, u can do anything and get away with it. if u doubt me ask andy uba who was caught in a similar money laundary case in the usa via our presidential jet. andy uba was found guilty of the crime in the usa and was sentenced to prison with option of fine which he paid but our own ribadu told us it was a civil matter.
the second word is supremacy and this has to do with those who feel they have grown. if obasanjo feels threathened with ur popularity and influence, u will surely be brought down and that was what happened to alams, atiku and now ibori. the idea here is to bring u down to size.
as long as u are ready to play along, nigeria can be turned into a semi heaven for u. chris uba and andy uba are living witnesses while adedibu is a dead witness.
but if u think u can ask questions to sign documents, u will face the bars. okwele holdings is my dead witness while alams, atiku and ibori are all living witnesses.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by monkeyleg: 10:53am On Jun 19, 2010
Well in Nigeria anything is possible, and by the way Has Atiku not been re-admitted, what about IBB, even Potential Convict Ibori, is still a member of the biggest Thiefing club in the world.

So in the words of Warri man "Na today Nyash dey back?"
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 19, 2010
After getting Ogbulafor to resign for ALLEDGED CORRUPTION that has not been proven anywhere they now re-admit and already convicted felon?

Now this is getting very interesting.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by monkeyleg: 11:12am On Jun 19, 2010
But I have been saying it that PDP represents the biggest EVIL in that country. Get Rid of that evil club, and half your problems are solved. Short live the PEOPLES DESTRUCTION PARTY of Nigeria
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2010
craze in Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On Jun 19, 2010
I said it 3 years ago and will continue to say it. Not until Nigerians wise up, they will continue to be laden with the type of leaders they deserve!
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by ladi02(m): 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I said it 3 years ago and will continue to say it. Not until Nigerians wise up, they will continue to be laden with the type of leaders they deserve!

@Kobo, i think what we need is a President from a party other than PDP (People Deceiving People) nothing good can come out from that party
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2010
Well, I am not sure how feasible that is at this point considering the current president is not really doing things we expected he would try to do yet. This man has a unique chance to change things -- reform electoral system in such a way as to strength it once and for all so our votes finally count even more now than ever. But I am not sure what exactly he is doing.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by EzeUche(m): 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2010
In a civilized country, this would not happen.

In China, this man would have already been executed.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Well, I am not sure how feasible that is at this point considering the current president is not really doing things we expected he would try to do yet. This man has a unique chance to change things -- reform electoral system in such a way as to strength it once and for all so our votes finally count even more now than ever. But I am not sure what exactly he is doing.

johnathan is a direct beneficiary of the system - he did not come in on a free and fair ticket, and it is the system that put him on the path to where he is today. in the end t will be business as usual.

there will be some token 'cleaning up' of the electoral process to appease obama and co - which is what whatshisnames ouster was about - but thats where it will end.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Jun 19, 2010
oyb:

johnathan is a direct beneficiary of the system - he did not come in on a free and fair ticket, and it is the system that put him on the path to where he is today. in the end t will be business as usual.
I disagree ! -- well, maybe not entirely.
I believe every human being has a chance to do the right thing, no matter how many odd mistakes he/she has made up until the minute.
This man sat by, doing nothing, with his dead partner, for 3 years. Now, it is curtain closing time, and it is, in my opinion, his last chance to save his name. If he cares anything about his people, and Nigerians as a whole, now is the time for him to do what it takes to shift power from the parties to the people. All he needs to do is fix electoral system in such a way as to make rigging doubly doubly difficult for anyone.
oyb:

there will be some token 'cleaning up' of the electoral process to appease obama and co - which is what whatshisnames ouster was about - but thats where it will end.
I really hope he does something at least. Even if we end up with IBB next year, if we can get some control at the local level, I am should that should be enough to move things in the right direction for our democracy in years to come.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 19, 2010
EzeUche:

In a civilized country, this would not happen.

In China, this man would have already been executed.
such thing only happens in naija.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by monkeyleg: 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2010
I dont understand why you guys are all shouting foul, as if you have all seen ghosts. I have been shouting on this forum for years, that Nigerians must wisen up and chase after a credible oppositon. Some of the names I suggested were quickly shot down, and in some cases were accused of corruption as well. We do not have a credible opposition to figth this evil called PDP. PDP know that, and as far as they are concerned it is business as usual.

So lets all stop crying like children and wisen up. we all have an opportunity to join a credible opposition, that is if one comes along and fight. 2011 is a very important year in the history of our great country, and we can all chose to be part of history by defending our votes. Let us start looking at possilbe candidates, and I would advice that we leave sentiments behind.

I for one will always favour a Nasir El-Rufai  / Pat Utomi combination. I am personally convinced that these guys are a winning combination if you dont think so, please visit thier facebook pages and follow what they have been doing.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2010
monkeyleg:

I dont understand why you guys are all shouting foul, as if you have all seen ghosts. I have been shouting on this forum for years, that Nigerians must wisen up and chase after a credible oppositon. Some of the names I suggested were quickly shot down, and in some cases were accused of corruption as well. We do not have a credible opposition to figth this evil called PDP. PDP know that, and as far as they are concerned it is business as usual.

So lets all stop crying like children and wisen up. we all have an opportunity to join a credible opposition, that is if one comes along and fight. 2011 is a very important year in the history of our great country, and we can all chose to be part of history by defending our votes. Let us start looking at possilbe candidates, and I would advice that we leave sentiments behind.

I for one will always favour a Nasir El-Rufai  / Pat Utomi combination. I am personally convinced that these guys are a winning combination if you dont think so, please visit thier facebook pages and follow what they have been doing.

i dont think so.we've had a credible opposition before,AD but the same pdp infiltrated them and they lost focus during obj's first regime.
the problem is that most of our politicians do not really have any ideology.they are easily confused especially when money is involved and that is why i have never been so sure about any party wrestling power from the pdp.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by monkeyleg: 10:33pm On Jun 19, 2010
@Bluetooth,

you made a very interesting comment about the politicians not having ideology, true, but that applies to all the political parties in Nigeria. They all stand for nothing. But then again you need to ask yourself a political party like AD that lets its opposition PDP, infilterate and corrupt the system, never had a solid foundation from start.

You see, I belong to the school that believe that there are enough intelligent and smart Nigerians to make the change we all so desperately seek. the big problem is the desire, collective will and perseverance to go get that change. The spirit might be willing the drive is absoluetly lacking. I have never understood why, but this has always been a Nigerian thing. Even when I tell my story on how I queued for well over 12hrs to register to vote during last election, because i so believed in the need to be part of change, and how Nigerians had to believe that they had to be part of that change, I saw lots of people fall by the wayside. not because they did not want change, but they were not prepared to pay the price for change. Even a small this as queuing for 12hrs ti register to votre was just too much. Now we need to find out how the African Americans did it, what if the South Africans.

We have very good candidates that are fully qualified to lead Nigeria out of her troubles, but Nigerians must be prepared to do the hard work. There is a saying "No food for Lazy man", well "No freedom and true democracy for lazy citizens"
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Kobojunkie: 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2010
It seems the only strong party in that country is PDP. AC seems more like a bunch of divided individuals who come together when it matters to them and go their separate way at the end of the day. APGA, and the rest . . . where are they all?
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by chidichris(m): 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2010

@oyb,
gbam.
what u have said above is called THE BITTER TRUTH.
a snake can never give birth to a goat.
yar adua was on his way to go against this theory above but the forces of evil will not let him be.
jonathan is a won soul by the ottah dear devil so he is to be used as they wish.
we have only two tangible things to remember this jonathan and they include;
1. forcing ibori out of the country as part of the welcome gift to ribadu and el rufai
2. N10b celebration of 50 yrs of madness.

at the end of the day, the poor gets poorer while the richer get richer with all the public armenities going down by the day.
the most annoying things here is that such opportunity has been the prayer of every well meaning easterner and if i am asked, 1 yr is more than enough todivide this country into any thinkable numbers.
why forcing ourselves to be together when we are all convienced that it is not working.
Re: Pdp Readmits Alamesiegha by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 19, 2010
Why the surprise regarding alameseighas readmittance? Should Adedibu resurrect from the grave today the party will readmit him with fanfare! Pdp like other nigerian political parties encapsulates the good the bad the ugly! It is an amalgam of the richest likewise the poorest, the meanest, the craziest, the deadliest, just because of the trappings of corruption and power. Unfortunately for nigerians there are no credible opposition.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Is Turai Doing, Any News About Her. I Hope Is She Doing Well. / 3 Alive… 3 Dead, Missing Dubai-based Family Found After Car Plunged Into River / Nigerian President Goodluck To Visit The Moon On Historic Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.