Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term (21952 Views)

Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation / Ojudu Denies Resignation From APC, Says It's Fake News / 2019 Election Server: INEC Denies Resignation Of ICT Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by yns4real: 10:55pm On Aug 02, 2018
ABUJA — THE Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Aisha Alhassan, who last September vowed not to support President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term has changed her mind and vowed to ensure he returns for a second term.

Alhassan, in a phone interview w, Thursday, apparently may have changed track as she denied claims that she had resigned her ministerial appointment to enable her contest the governorship election in Taraba State.

Saying that she was firmly in office and backing the president, she said: “I am also helping in mobilising support for him (Buhari) and the APC for the 2019 election,’’ she said.

“Contrary to insinuations especially in the social media, I only sought for permission from President Muhammdu Buhari to begin consultations.

“This is preparatory to my seeking nomination from our great party the All Progressive Congress (APC) to contest for the office of the governor of Taraba State in 2019, which he has graciously accepted,” she said.

Mrs Alhassan added: “The letter in circulation in the social media does not in any way mean or suggest resignation.
“The letter is straight forward and unambiguous.

“Our esteemed supporters and loyal party men and women in Taraba should please disregard any rumour of my resignation.
“When the time comes for me to resign, I will do so in accordance with the laid down procedure and regulations.’’

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/2019-alhassan-vows-to-back-president/

13 Likes

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by hannysur8(m): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2018
A bird in hand is better than thousand in the forest, this woman is not loyal to the ruling party and still a minister till date,only President Buhari can accommodate such a person, e dey pain me gaga I swear

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2018
GOOD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by SEONaijaExpert: 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
I think PDP has hired some desperate bloggers to spread lies and fake news.

Hence, the source of news really matters now.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by nationalnwa(m): 11:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
Huh
Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by kuuljay(m): 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2018
Most of them are just looking for assurance more ruckus is going to hit both APC and PDP no one should conclude yet
Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by RexTramadol1: 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2018
Salary must enter

Who knows? Mama Taraba fit don Tarabalize some money from federal coffers

Buhari go be like : You mean say u dey comot for my gonment?

Mama Taraba: Just consultations sir

Buhari: (calling Magu) Hello IB

Magu: Your Excellency, who are we to pursue sir

Buhari: Aisha is on probation, open her file but in an enclosed way

Magu: Done sir!

Correct.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
Whatever
Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by skydeexie(m): 11:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
Let her ask Sen. Shehu Sani for advice. She might live to regret this turn-around decision. She is confused already!

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by nellybadas: 11:12pm On Aug 02, 2018
It's amazing how alot of Nigerian youths can't see most politicians for who they truly are. You support pdp, apc and their ideologies. With so much decamping and recamping almost all politicians have been members of either party at one point in time. So who are you truly supporting.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by tizzdi(m): 11:13pm On Aug 02, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:

Hence, the source of news really matters.
who’s dis one now

11 Likes

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by Waffarianman(m): 11:19pm On Aug 02, 2018
Land for sale
Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by MakeNigeriaGrea: 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:

Hence, the source of news really matters.
Nigeria politicians are all thieves. The woman is supporting Buhari for 2019 so she can be able to contest for governor. Most politicians supporting Buhari are doing so for their selfish interest. You would soon see one of this people contesting( Bashir Ahmad,Lai Mohamed,Femi Adesina)

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by Shampoo77: 11:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
All APC members have been infected and possessed with lying spirits.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 02, 2018
Jekapp1:
Eve with the signed letter we saw?
wheres the letter you’re talking about ?
Show us let’s see

1 Like

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 02, 2018
MakeNigeriaGrea:

Nigeria politicians are all thieves. The woman is supporting Buhari for 2019 so she can be able to contest for governor. Most politicians supporting Buhari are doing so for their selfish interest. You would soon see one of this people contesting( Bashir Ahmad,Lai Mohamed,Femi Adesina)
those decamping are doing it for whose interest? angry
Mtcheew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2018
grin

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by Aydesmond(m): 11:31pm On Aug 02, 2018
Am definitely leaving this country.... Anyways check my signature
Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by blacknp(m): 11:36pm On Aug 02, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:

Your assertion is 100% on point,pdp is showing signs of desperation trying to heat up the polity. If President Buhari is guity for been an Apc member,Saraki and his bandits that left the Apc for pdp are also guilty and will also be held accountable.

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by StillX10(m): 11:51pm On Aug 02, 2018
Na she sabi maybe she too no get certificate
Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by budusky05(m): 12:32am On Aug 03, 2018
Okay
Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by Richdad50(m): 12:36am On Aug 03, 2018
Activate Alhassan for stage 2. Strike the heart of the King.
The lady is doing an inside job for Atiku.
Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by Richdad50(m): 12:37am On Aug 03, 2018
Hmm
Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by Dollabiz: 1:02am On Aug 03, 2018
hmmm
Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by bossrillboss: 1:04am On Aug 03, 2018

1 Like

Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by Lovetoglory(m): 1:35am On Aug 03, 2018
[quote author=yns4real post=69936923]ABUJA — THE Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Aisha Alhassan, who last September vowed not to support President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term has changed her mind and vowed to ensure he returns for a second term.

Alhassan, in a phone interview w, Thursday, apparently may have changed track as she denied claims that she had resigned her ministerial appointment to enable her contest the governorship election in Taraba State.

Saying that she was firmly in office and backing the president, she said: “I am also helping in mobilising support for him (Buhari) and the APC for the 2019 election,’’ she said.

Buhari is the humblest president i have ever seen
Re: 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term by edupedia: 2:15am On Aug 03, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:

...PDP actually created many blogs and websites to spread fake news and create puns...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Onejeme Debunks Fake News About Peter Obi's Investment In SABMiller / ADP, LP Win Senate, Reps Rerun Elections In Plateau / Waziri Replaces Hamman Tukur As TCN Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.