Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,591 members, 7,847,503 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:02 PM

Struggle To ‘free’ Nigeria Is To Defect From APC – Secondus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Struggle To ‘free’ Nigeria Is To Defect From APC – Secondus (280 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo: I Did Not Defect From APC, I resigned / Ambode Reacts To Plan To Defect From APC / 21 Nigerian Senators Who May Defect From Their Parties And Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Struggle To ‘free’ Nigeria Is To Defect From APC – Secondus by Princsk1(m): 8:37am On Aug 03, 2018
By Nigeria Happenings

The People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Thursday, received the newly defectors from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), in Abuja.

The meeting formally received Senate President Bukola Saraki, Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom and Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal – who just defected – to the opposition party.

Saraki while addressing the meeting: “I am happy to see some of my colleagues here who have given me faith in this country, who have made me believe there are still men of character, that there are still men who are still ready to make sacrifices for this country.”

Describing Saraki as key in the renewed struggle to “free” Nigeria, Secondus praised the defectors, saying history would be fair to them.

He said: “The bold steps you took to return to the party where you truly belong, is a sacrifice not for yourself but for Nigeria and history will be fair to you.

“Today is the beginning of the great journey to freedom, the great journey to free our people and rescue this country from the damage done to it by the APC in the last three years”.

Senator Aliyu Wamakko faulted Tambuwal’s defection, saying he made a “the worst decision in his life.”

He said Sokoto State would remain an All Progressives Congress (APC) state in spite of the governor’s exit.

In Abuja, the PDP sealed its alliance with a coalition of 39 political parties to fight the ruling APC.

Secondus said it was time for the coalition to rescue Nigeria from the “misgovernance”, which h said is typified by senseless killing of innocent Nigerians and harassment of opposition elements.

A National Executive Committee ( NEC) member of the PDP from Kwara state, Hon. Ahmed Yinka Aluko, has defectedto the All Progressive Congress( APC).

Aluko, who was the deputy governorship candidate in the 2015 elections resigned his elective position and membership of PDP during the party’ s NEC meeting yesterday.

The former Special Adviser on Security matters in Kwara State accused the opposition of impunity and undemocratic practices.

Aluko said he was irked by the decision of PDP National leadership to hand over the structure to Senate President Bukola Saraki.

He said: ” It is therefore shocking that the party at the national level has resolved to hand over the party structures and all electable positions to defectors without any regards for those who stood by the party and built it Into a strong winning machine in Kwara. It is even more shocking that as the only national officer from Kwara state I was not consulted”.

This National Chairman of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), Chief Olu Falae.

He said: “We must be wary of those who will come to scatter us by trying to sow seeds of discord, spread fake news and adopt divisible measures to achieve their sinister motive”, Falae added

.Share your story with us: SMS: +2348165954622, WhatsApp: +2348165954622,
Email: newsroom@nghappenings.com.

https://nghappenings.com/headlines/2018/08/struggle-to-free-nigeria-is-to-defect-from-apc-secondus-hail-defectors/
Re: Struggle To ‘free’ Nigeria Is To Defect From APC – Secondus by tsephanyah(f): 8:39am On Aug 03, 2018
cool

Tested and trusted
2019 Sai Baba/Baba
Re: Struggle To ‘free’ Nigeria Is To Defect From APC – Secondus by lordm(m): 8:43am On Aug 03, 2018
Lol
Re: Struggle To ‘free’ Nigeria Is To Defect From APC – Secondus by Baawaa(m): 8:46am On Aug 03, 2018
Those who defected from PDP to other parties, will comeback with empty stomach.
- Jonathan 2014
No more free money
Re: Struggle To ‘free’ Nigeria Is To Defect From APC – Secondus by Crocky23: 8:48am On Aug 03, 2018
Bubu has to go back to his Cows and practice his cowcocracy there.
Re: Struggle To ‘free’ Nigeria Is To Defect From APC – Secondus by Shelumiel: 8:50am On Aug 03, 2018
Nigerians are not in need of the APC or PDP. They are in need of those who are patriots.
Re: Struggle To ‘free’ Nigeria Is To Defect From APC – Secondus by omowolewa: 8:52am On Aug 03, 2018
PDP is likely not going to provide a better alternative, their candidates we know already.

Just a stronger party
Re: Struggle To ‘free’ Nigeria Is To Defect From APC – Secondus by Donald95(m): 8:53am On Aug 03, 2018
tsephanyah:
cool
Tested and trusted 2019 Sai Baba/Baba
Stop spamming nairaland,
I will rape you doggy if I see such again
Re: Struggle To ‘free’ Nigeria Is To Defect From APC – Secondus by Kingosytex(m): 8:56am On Aug 03, 2018
God will bless saraki for all the efforts he has put into trying to rescue Nigeria from the hands of the tyrant mr.integrity.prophet.gen.'saint' fraudhari

(1) (Reply)

Why Woo Our Members You Branded Corrupt? PDP Asks APC, Presidency / 2019: Bafarawa Visits IBB In Minna / BREAKING: 252 Aides Dump Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.