Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story (31282 Views)

At 30, I Was Broke & Living With My Mother – Iroko TV CEO Shares Success Story / 'things Got Better Because I Got Better' - John Obidi Shares Success Story / Davido To Sign Lyn Brown, Flown Out In Captain Nosa's Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by dammy13(m): 11:07am On Aug 04, 2018
Nigerian born Hollywood actor Ofu Obekpa, who is currently in the country to promote his new flick, Klippers, has revealed that he had earlier tried to run away from acting.

Speaking at the premiere of the movie at Ozone Cinema, Yaba, Lagos on Thursday, Obekpa who hails from Benue State and has starred in movies like ‘Captain America: Civil war’, and ‘Black Panther’ said acting runs in his family.

“I’ve been acting for a long time. My mum used to be an actress. My sister studies theatre. I think it’s a family thing. I literarily ran away from it. But it’s like I’m coming to full circle right now. Life is funny as it is. I never thought I was going to be an actor but here I am now. I went to film school, taking advice from my dad, to add more production value to myself and learn the whole craft of movie making. So, that’s how I know how to edit, write, direct and all that good stuff.”

‘Klippers’ is about an assassin sent by his employer to kill his ex-wife. In his quest to accomplish the task, the assassin develops a fondness for his target. His employer then sends another hit man who has a scary success record of getting the job done. A series of events triggers a face off and the race to stay alive begins. In the movie, Ofu stars alongside WWE legend Kevin Nash, formerly known as Diesel,

Nigerian international seasoned actor, Conphidance, and Robert Pralgo.

Speaking about the feedbacks he has been getting, Obekpa said it’s been love.

“All these people telling me congrats, I’m really happy,” said Obekpa who has worked on several American movies, television productions and has shot some documentaries.

“It’s great. I enjoyed it. Hard work pays.”

The actor also said he hopes the Nigerian audience would accept his movie. After its Nigerian run, ‘Klippers’ which is powered by Skyrunner Productions will also be watched in Czech Republic, Japan, France, Russia, Poland, Brazil and Spain.

http://kikiotolu.com/ofu-obekpa-nigerian-actor-who-featured-in-captain-america-black-panther-civil-war-shares-success-story/

4 Likes

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by nepapole(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by 1zynnvn(m): 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2018
I sabi guy Na, Na from my papa mama sister family. I remember those days in the village. Obekpa my guy.

Abeg who get him number, I need find my lost family member

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Alaadin(m): 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2018
hmmm tbh did not notice him oooo, lemme goan rewatch and come back to comment

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by yrex01(m): 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2018
Let me buy land

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Donald3d(m): 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2018
1zynnvn:
I sabi guy Na, Na from my papa mama sister family. I remember those days in the village. Obekpa my guy.
grin grin
Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by wilson2(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
Let me build one bungalow here

2 Likes

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Abdulnur(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
Great one, haven't noticed him though.

2 Likes

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Vanityupnvanity(m): 5:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
great feat
Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by dsocioemmy(m): 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2018
Benue Amaka!

18 Likes

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by SirLakes: 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2018
Lemme Park my bicycle n Buy a land here grin
Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Jaynom(m): 5:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
Which captain America? Which Black panther? Cartoon?

4 Likes

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by emmyid(m): 5:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
Yeah... He has actually made the Idoma clan proud. He is the Great-great grand son of Ochuole, who was banished from her clan for stealing Bush rat from the Kings Palace, who then fled to far away Ugaga, and got married to Idoko the great hunter.. Together they bore His Great Grand father, who gave birth to his Grand father and my own Grand-father, he is my Dad's cousin, and has made the family proud.

Congrats Uncle.

21 Likes

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by itsCornie(f): 5:55pm On Aug 04, 2018
Speaking at the premiere of the movie at Ozone Cinema, Yaba, Lagos on Thursday, Obekpa who hails from Benue State and has starred in movies like ‘Captain America: Civil war’, and ‘Black Panther’ said acting runs in his family.

I'm so going to watch black panther again to confirm undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by iyaegin: 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
Ermmm....I don't remember seeing this guy in any of those movies...

3 Likes

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Yohh: 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
That's IK now tongue cool
Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Fierce11: 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2018
I see a lot of people saying they dont know him... How would you know him if you have not watched the ghanian version of black panther?
Nonsense

13 Likes

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Beremx(f): 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2018
Maybe Na waka pass im do.

I need to watch the movies again
Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by ola12(m): 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2018
So he's d actor in klippers. Saw d advert, looks good, like an upgrade from typical nollywood

1 Like

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Sirnonye: 6:02pm On Aug 04, 2018
I saw related on this website. Thanks a lot though!
Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
You funny ooo
emmyid:
Yeah... He has actually made the Idoma clan proud. He is the Great-great grand son of Ochuole, who was banished from her clan for stealing Bush rat from the Kings Palace, who then fled to far away Ugaga, and got married to Idoko the great hunter.. Together they bore His Great Grand father, who gave birth to his Grand father and my own Grand-father, he is my Dad's cousin, and has made the family proud.

Congrats Unlce.

2 Likes

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by oyiidoma1990(m): 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
proudly idoma

4 Likes

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Gentlebabs(m): 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2018
emmyid:

Congrats Uncle.
You try.

1 Like

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by atilla(m): 6:10pm On Aug 04, 2018
He was a production assistant in the movie. He didn't have an acting role in captain America.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3498820/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
grin

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Swiftlee(m): 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2018
He is from Otorkpo in Benue state

1 Like

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by dingbang(m): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2018
He didn't act any of those movies you listed... angry
Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
I didn't hear "Igbo actor" or "Yoruba actor" , neither did I hear "Hausa actor"

But "Nigerian actor"

Shame on us name checkers!

Me inclusive!

7 Likes

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by Felixv: 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2018
good luck to him, he kinda reminds of that french actor Djimon Hounsou -he need all the help they can get because their films normally head for the dvd slot after a few days of release.

kevin Nash,alongside steve austin are also finding out how hard it is to break into the hollywood A list.
Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by djjosh(m): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2018
PROUDLY OYI IDOMA!

2 Likes

Re: Ofu Obekpa Who Featured In 'Captain America' Shares Success Story by toye440: 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2018
1zynnvn:
still waiting for wen u go ask for assistance......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson: After 3 Kids In 3 Years, I Needed A Break / We Are All Thieves - Bobrisky Supports Okoro Blessing As She Threatens Suicide / Juliet Ibrahim Asks Rihanna If She Is Pregnant, Gets Blasted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.