Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,074 members, 7,838,714 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Sim Card Registration - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sim Card Registration (1523 Views)

Smartphones To Be Used For National ID Card Registration / NCC Extends Sim Card Registration Deadline / Sim Card Registration Failed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sim Card Registration by thweraja10: 8:42pm On Jun 19, 2010
Please Niralanders is it true that if you buy a new MTN sim you have to register it first before you will be able to use it.
Re: Sim Card Registration by aieromon(m): 10:30pm On Jun 19, 2010
Nigeria's telecommunications regulator NCC has kicked off its Sim card registration drive in the country, local papers report. The regulator says Nigerians who wish to purchase and activate new mobile phones will find that henceforth the provider companies will ask to take their photographs and fingerprints for proper identification. Those who already hold active phones which are not properly registered will be required to submit themselves for the same purpose within six months. This is in compliance with the directive of the NCC requiring that all Sim cards be properly registered. There are currently over 78.5 million active phone lines in the country. Over 90 percent of these are mobile lines and over 90 percent of these are not properly registered. The purpose of the Sim registration exercise is to have a proper record of phone users for security reasons, so that in the event of the use of a phone for criminal or other anti-social conduct, the user can be traced. The country's network operators have been purchasing equipment and training personnel to effect the registration of Sim cards directive. Network operators asked for extensions to the start of the exercise and to be allowed to conduct the Sim registration themselves, so as to guaranty the integrity of their data.
Re: Sim Card Registration by thweraja10: 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2010
It cant work in Nigeria, the just want to embezzle money. I will never register, just because of sey i dey use phone them go collect my finger print and photo. Mba
Re: Sim Card Registration by kehneah: 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2010
they are crazyyyyy.when would i have time to go and start lining up somewhere to register, just imagine how the venue would b.pppppssssssssccccccccchhhhhhhheeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Sim Card Registration by nnemak(m): 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2010
I awit their call for my registerations
Re: Sim Card Registration by Emmyk(m): 12:47am On Jun 24, 2010
I heard lst year that they gonn register ALL sim cards in Nigeria
Re: Sim Card Registration by puskin: 1:15am On Jun 24, 2010
This SIM card registration is still sitting on a long thing. . . . . for now.

Imagine more than a hundred million SIMs in circulation. Registering all of them is equivalent to a mini-census.

(1) (Reply)

5linx Global Is Here / Iphone 5 Specification / Help On Samsung Galaxy S2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.