Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. (84141 Views)

Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic / Corpers Taking Selfie At Taraba River Before Drowning (Photos) / Nine Corpers Drown In Taraba During Picnic By Riverside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by PrettyCrystal: 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
It was reported that seven members of the National Youth Service Corps drowned in a river southeast of Taraba State, with two others feared dead, according to police reports.. Pictured is the moment three of the corps members at the riverside picnic before the mishap. 

The corps members were on a swimming expedition in River Mayo-Selbe, a major tributary of the Benue River, when a water surge from a nearby mountain collapsed on them and swept them into the massive river.

The incident occurred in Gashaka Local Government Area, where all the corps members affected were posted to serve.

It was reported that the corps members were initially blown away by the heavy gush, but five of them were rescued before it was too late.

Seven bodies, comprising two females and five males, were recovered between Saturday and Sunday. Search and rescue efforts are still underway for the remaining two as at Monday morning, but the police feared they were already dead.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/picture-of-3-corpers-at-the-riverside-picnic-before-drowning-moments-later.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Kcgeology: 8:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
may their souls rest in the Lord Jesus

30 Likes

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Agadsman(m): 8:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
I don't know how to swim and there's no amount of temptations or teasing that will make me jump into any form of water body just to clear some points, to impress people or to feed my ego until I learn how to swim.

Rest in peace!

240 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by 9japrint(m): 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2018
Really sad

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by SUPERPACK: 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2018
the first nysc law is to avoid swimming activities during the service year. especially during the raining season.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by wiseone28: 9:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
That's the price when you think you are on top of the world because you're a Corper

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Sharpshooota: 9:13pm On Aug 06, 2018
Buhari sef

He's tenure really brought badluck and bloodshed sad

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2018
GOD grant them enternal rest.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by akeentech(m): 10:27pm On Aug 06, 2018
I don't understand, did they jump into the river at the same time?

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by lonelydora: 10:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
I always tell people, if you can't swim...don't try to prove anything to anybody. Stay off pools and Rivers.

Nigerians no dey hear word

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by eleko1: 10:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
sad why go swim when u dnt knw how to swim. 1000 ways to die.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by tishbite41(m): 10:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by dkronicle(m): 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
As i no sabi swim, i dont exceed 5ft in water. I remember when my friends wanted to play rough with me in water. I'm aure the bite scar is still on that one hand. I bite am well. I like water, but i get limit. These guys own is just accidentally.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
Even if I go beach I prefer riding hourse than to go to the water area. Fear water.. Rip to the dead

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by FaithOba1(f): 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
SUPERPACK:
the first nysc law is to avoid swimming activities during the service year. especially during the raining season.

wee yu keep kwaet

what of me that was posted to anambra west?

Had to cross River Niger before getting to my ppa...

Thank God for life sha!!

10 Likes

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by eleko1: 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
sad angry embarassed angry
dkronicle:
grin
undecided
dkronicle:
grin.why u dey shine ur yellow teeth? What's funny?[quote author=dkronicle post=70047791]
undecided
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by dkronicle(m): 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
eleko1:
undecided
Lols mke i no buy land
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by tuslakoncept: 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2018
All these cursed rivers, maybe strangers aren't allowed there. Africa sef.

9 Likes

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Enoch07: 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
Who send them ooo
Village people everywhere!!!!!! �

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2018
So sad.
So terrible.
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by omokudu(m): 10:36pm On Aug 06, 2018
wiseone28:
That's the price when you think you are on top of the world because you're a Corper

Oga get sense, don't make silly comments it makes you stupid

38 Likes

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Benstatesman(m): 10:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
WHAT A PITY. AFTER ALL THE HARDSHIP, THEY STILL DIED DURING SERVICE. I PRAY NYSC WILL COMPENSATE THEM.WHAT A PITY. AFTER ALL THE HARDSHIP, THEY STILL DIED DURING SERVICE. I PRAY NYSC WILL COMPENSATE THEM.WHAT A PITY. AFTER ALL THE HARDSHIP, THEY STILL DIED DURING SERVICE. I PRAY NYSC WILL COMPENSATE THEM.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by eleko1: 10:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
angry
dkronicle:
Lols mke i no buy land
angry
dkronicle:
Lols mke i no buy land
Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Venici: 10:39pm On Aug 06, 2018
Everybody just saying rubbish here. These guys died not because they can't swim but because of a heavy water surge from a nearby mountain that caught them powerless and helpless sweeping them deep into the river. People making it feel like we shouldn't ride in cars because we can have accident. RIP Young souls. My heart is with your families and loved ones.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by FitnesScientist: 10:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
Even if you can swim, stay away from natural bodies of water (rivers, lakes, ocean/beach and streams)... they are too unpredictable. In a swimming pool, you know the depth and you can go down and propel yourself up. And in swimming pool, the water is clearer so you are not struggling with visibility when submerged.

lonelydora:
I always tell people, if you can't swim...don't try to prove anything to anybody. Stay off pools and Rivers.

Nigerians no dey hear word

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. by Oluwaseyi456(m): 10:41pm On Aug 06, 2018
Sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married Female Corper Caught Having Sex By Soldiers In Plateau State NYSC Camp / Primary place of assignment vacancies thread / Official NYSC 2017 Batch B Stream II Mobilization Time Table Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.