Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic (29429 Views)

See the #200 Onions I got In Bauchi / Picture Of Taraba Corpers At The Riverside Picnic Before Drowning Moments Later. / Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by nairalaila: 6:11am On Oct 13, 2018
A corps member identified as Joseph Adebayo, who turned up for a picnic to celebrate the end of his service year, reportedly got drowned.

It was gathered that the corps member who was attending a picnic drowned on Thursday in Gubi river at the outskirts of Bauchi, after a faulty canoe conveying him and his colleagues to the picnic location capsized.

While the other two corps members were rescued by villagers, 26-year-old Adebayo got drowned. The corpse of the late corps member who is from Ogun state, was recovered on Friday and deposited at the mortuary of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi.

https://lailasnews.com/corps-member-drowns-during-end-of-nysc-picnic/

1 Share

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Onlinealaba(m): 6:14am On Oct 13, 2018
embarassed Kai his village people are on a 4G wireless, just some few says to POP I think and dem mark am..from Ogun to bauchi. rest on man, may the good lord grant the family the fortitude to bear the Loss,,saddening

check my siggy, get your electronics at flat rates at payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Ahmed0336(m): 6:14am On Oct 13, 2018
Some deaths are avoidable nah angry

Condolences to his families, friends and loved ones

27 Likes

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by cooldipo(m): 6:36am On Oct 13, 2018
Don't joke with water if you no sabi swim

Condolence to the family!

15 Likes

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Mustack: 6:47am On Oct 13, 2018
My service year ehhh, I refuse to attend any party all through.. But the silly thing I did was to leave the state immediately after my pop. I traveled overnight to attain have of my journey.

10 Likes

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Olalan(m): 7:09am On Oct 13, 2018
RIP to him, May God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by lilmax(m): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2018
you guys celebrate nysc as if its achievement

your mates don't want to serve because the service year interrupt life plans, you are there celebrating the end of nysc, how irritating

same thing with birthdays and end of first degrees that is water atm

crap

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Splasshhh(f): 10:47am On Oct 13, 2018
sad
Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 13, 2018
Avoidable death shocked
Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 10:48am On Oct 13, 2018
RIP bro
Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 13, 2018
nairalaila:

A corps member identified as Joseph Adebayo, who turned up for a picnic to celebrate the end of his service year, reportedly got drowned.

It was gathered that the corps member who was attending a picnic drowned on Thursday in Gubi river at the outskirts of Bauchi, after a faulty canoe conveying him and his colleagues to the picnic location capsized.

Sad way to end it all. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

By the way, a faulty canoe?

3 Likes

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by SAMBARRY: 10:48am On Oct 13, 2018
Ayokayo lomantete payan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by highchief1: 10:48am On Oct 13, 2018
nairalaila:

While the other two corps members were rescued by villagers, 26-year-old Adebayo got drowned. The corpse of the late corps member who is from Ogun state, was recovered on Friday and deposited at the mortuary of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, Bauchi.

https://lailasnews.com/corps-member-drowns-during-end-of-nysc-picnic/

his a very useless and stupid guy I don’t go close to any water cos I know I can’t swim.
Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by BubuZombi: 10:48am On Oct 13, 2018
Y
Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Davkido2018: 10:48am On Oct 13, 2018
This is NigeriaThis is NigeriaThis is Nigeria
Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by openmine(m): 10:49am On Oct 13, 2018
smh
Your service has finished!
instead of thanking God for life and leaving immediately,you decide to groove one last time.....

1 Like

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Klington: 10:49am On Oct 13, 2018
Sad
Village pipu why

3 Likes

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by IMASTEX: 10:49am On Oct 13, 2018
Wow
Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by ipobarecriminals: 10:50am On Oct 13, 2018
sad
Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Maket: 10:51am On Oct 13, 2018
This is the reason both ATIKU and Buhari didn't serve.
Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Flexy2vybes(m): 10:52am On Oct 13, 2018
village people at last
Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 13, 2018
angry

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Klington: 10:53am On Oct 13, 2018
[s]
highchief1:
his a very useless and stupid guy I don’t go close to any water cos I know I can’t swim.
[/s]

Did you even read the news...

Before sounding ridiculous........

Idiat

2 Likes

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Culin(f): 10:53am On Oct 13, 2018
Even if you know how to swim, don't ever make the mistake of getting into a boat or canoe without a life jacket. Some deaths are avoidable. One young life wasted for nothing. May God comfort his family.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Hector09(m): 10:54am On Oct 13, 2018
Rip bro, u wasted one yr of ur life serving ur country and u still die this way, God knwz d best

2 Likes

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by theoldpretender(m): 10:54am On Oct 13, 2018
Maket:
This is the reason both ATIKU and Buhari didn't serve.

[b]What are you insuniating?

1.Atiku started his public service in the Paramilitary service ....Customs. And he joined before NYSC even started up.And according to the NYSC act if you join origanisations like Customs,Immigration,Police, Prisions, etc...before university....you do not need to be an NYSC corper

2.Buhari was in the Nigerian Army in 1962....a full ten years before NYSC was formed. And even if NYSC was exisitng....he can't/could join since as a soldier he is already on National Serivce!/fufiled his national service obligation via the millitary.

3.Brigadier Tsiga is an exception. He graduated from University in 1981, did his NYSC, then joined the Army after and eventually rose to the rank of Brigadier General...before he became the NYSC head (he is the first , and so far only ex corper to HEAD NYSC. ) If he had joined the Army before going to university (like many soldiers in this country do) he would have never served as a corper.

4.Less than 1% of corpers have died while on serivce. Most corpers surivie service alive.

You Nigerians....the internet exists for a reason[/b]

10 Likes

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by lenghtinny(m): 10:54am On Oct 13, 2018
I no dey joke near any water body including pure water...

4 Likes

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Rexnegro(m): 10:55am On Oct 13, 2018
when u don't know how to swim don't risk it

1 Like

Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Wasky101: 10:56am On Oct 13, 2018
Rip
Re: Corper Drowns In Gubi River In Bauchi During End Of NYSC Picnic by Daeylar(f): 10:58am On Oct 13, 2018
Someone that is passing out.
Sad.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Your Name May Not Be On NYSC Mobilisation List / Senate Approves Increment Of Nysc Allowances. / 5 Characters Of Warri Guys At NYSC Camps!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.