Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,903 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC (17069 Views)

NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement / PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK / PDP Threatens To Expose Obasanjo Over Comment On Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by deomelo: 1:03am On Aug 07, 2018

Senate Minority Leader Godswill Akpabio, who is expected to be received into the All Progressives Congress (APC) tomorrow in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State, yesterday visited Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to round off his consultation.

Akpabio arrived at Tinubu’s Abuja home at 4pm.

A source said: “Sen. Akpabio met with the National Leader of APC to brief him and for further consultations ahead of his defection. There is no going back on his defection.”

“He has had audience with President Muhammadu Buhari in London, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa, and he deemed it necessary to consult with Asiwaju Tinubu.

“All these consultations are geared towards his seamless movement from PDP to APC.”

Another source, who is close to Akpabio, said: “It is a done deal; the Senate Minority Leader has joined the APC to prove a point that he is no pushover as a politician who truly served Akwa Ibom State.

“He is actually not looking at the ceremonial aspect of the defection; he is ready for the 2019 battle in his state. He gave the PDP enough opportunity to reconcile and ensure justice in Akwa Ibom chapter of the party but the leadership failed.

“Since Akpabio is now in APC, it is time for the two leading parties to face the electorate to determine their fate.”

But the PDP in Akwa Ibom State, in a last-minute effort to persuade Akpabio not to dump the party, is threatening to field a candidate against him – should he go ahead with his plan.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters, Senator Ita Enang, said: “No condition is attached to Akpabio’s defection from PDP to APC. But we assured him of a level-playing field and a sense of belonging.

“The APC leadership is in the picture and all our leaders, including Asiwaju Tinubu, are fully in support of Sen. Akpabio’s move to our great party

“We will accord him all the privileges attached to a former governor. Everything is set to receive him on Wednesday.”

Akpabio’s imminent movement has thrown the PDP into a state of shock.

A member of the National Executive Committee (NEC) said: “We are all still in shock on why Akpabio had to dump a party which shot him into prominence.

“Some of our leaders did their best to prevent his defection, but no one could come up with any sustainable solution to the local crisis.”

Enang said: “The APC has harvested more people from the PDP and other political parties.”

He said excitedly that “the head of the PDP in the Senate is formally joining the APC family in a big ceremony on Wednesday the 8th if August in Akwa Ibom State”.

He added: “So, the head of the PDP who holds all the documents of the PDP, His Excellency, Distinguished Senator Godswill Obot Akpabio (CON) is coming over with a great team and other minorities will join the APC family and we are good and strong.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/akpabio-tinubu-meet-as-pdp-threatens-action/

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Mendelssohn(m): 1:11am On Aug 07, 2018
So what's the biggie in FTC afterall? Anyway let me administer the gravitation of straight blows to the solar plexus. For the umpteenth time, we have averred even against the risk of sounding platitudinously humdrum that the locomotion of these Political dramatis personae from one firmament to another, is not borne out of avidity to once again evolve in 2019 and herald the advent of metamorphosis for the living standard of the hoi polloi, who are unfortunately the determinants of their trajectory. I tend to pity the abecedarians on this platform, the fast fingers who after reading what they know nothing about, evolve in the comment section in quirky wacky gobbledygook effusion and be pontificating or asseverating, cascadingly oozing out a malodorous excrescence of vacuous lacuna of their resevoir of Political happenings.

They have come out here in their usual style of hauling vitriolic comments here and celebrated in sheer opaqueness when it was the harvest time for the opposition in past days, never visualizing the horizon beyond their noses that it was not for the alleviation of the ragtag and the bobtail in the first place, or that it was a grand initiaiton of some scores to an eventual build up.

Against all odds, an evolution of this political salamander in no deficit of a personage of Godswill Akpabio has left me with no askance that the APC is just on the verge of appropriating its own pound of flesh and those who blindly opine that it's less a dramatic spectacle of indecent incident of dissident precedent, should take a back seat to assess Political issues better, before rushing hoc loco to asseverate things that are transcedental to their exposure.

We have had a debilitating round of exodus from the APC to the PDP very recently. It is only predictable post hoc ergo propter hoc to exchange the opportunity therein by becoming a partner in the 2019 project. While the PDP has devised the mechanism of assimilation by hounding the APC by their twaddle and babble utterances, the APC is furtively and insiduously achieving same objective by a clandestine mechanism of association.

To our people here, who seemingly are largely politically acalculia, before you eulogize APC/PDP and castigate APC/PDP, pick these topics, digest and regurgitate them severally.

1. Who is the senator that has defected without an undertone of remorseless rancorous rupture and pettifogging disputation with either his Governor/President/Constituents?

2. Who is the senator that has defected without negotiating the chances of his future political trajectory with his new party?

3. Who is the senator that has defected with an intention to situate himself in the precinct of the National Assembly come 2019 to discuss a reduction in the bogus fraudulent emolument they have daringly appropriated for themselves in utter defiance of the provision of the Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission?

4. Who is the senator that has defected with an intention to sponsor bills that seek to impact on your personal life and assume some self dignity for you?

5. Who amongst the senators' children is here on Nairaland, dishing out obnoxious and opprobrious verbiage on fellow poor NL members who barely managed to subscribe one week data, just to insult perceived supporters of APC or PDP?

Ponder on these and position yourself where you belong in the sphere of logical reasoning.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by 3millionia: 1:11am On Aug 07, 2018
Una no dey sleep grin

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by cooltola(m): 1:12am On Aug 07, 2018
Remember how rampant Boko Haram activities was during PDP days. PDP had 16 years to get economy right but did not fail to disappoint. The economy was tanking before Buhari took over and do not forget how billions of dollars were missing from central bank Nigeria during GEJ time. Corruption was rampant then. PDP a disappointing party then and for tomorrow. Saraki only switch party because he is looking for his best interest and I do not blame him. APC is PDP , different names ,same politicans, Do not vote neither. Vote for Sowore 2019 or someone else

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by pyxon(m): 1:12am On Aug 07, 2018
That’s why I still respect Nnamdi Kanu. They couldn’t threaten him with jail. Unlike Akpabio

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 07, 2018
Democracy in Nigeria has another meaning. When someone or some set of people join your party no more hunting but in another way round na trouble. Is this what you promised us? I'm not referring to anyone o.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by somto10: 1:13am On Aug 07, 2018
I don't think apc will like to repeat their mistake.... For those saying he was promised the Senate president seat, i know it's a big fat lie.... Not an APC member though.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Tonnexy: 1:15am On Aug 07, 2018
Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Benbellamor: 1:17am On Aug 07, 2018
Misleading Topic...Nairaland where in the whole OP did we see tha 'PDP Threathen Action' other than mischieviously looking for trafic grin grin once upon a time in NL grin grin rules used to count but now

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by bamirotola: 1:17am On Aug 07, 2018
. .
Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 07, 2018
Shut up Mr Enang

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by cybertuns(m): 1:21am On Aug 07, 2018
He added: “So, the head of the PDP who holds all the documents of the PDP, His Excellency, Distinguished Senator Godswill Obot Akpabio (CON) is coming over with a great team and other minorities will join the APC family and we are good and strong.”

PDP How market grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Brevir: 1:21am On Aug 07, 2018
This is interesting...and I'm suspecting that this could cause his governor back home to also decamp to APC. And all the PDP sychophant/apologists in Akwa Ibom state will begin to sing a new song.

I'll still be here watching all the show in 4k HD

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Corrinthians(m): 1:22am On Aug 07, 2018
The case against PDP on this matter is that you can't eat a chicken in the morning and bitterly grumble over someone eating same for lunch. grin

By accepting and still accepting those leaving from APC to join them, they tacitly gave up their moral right to complain about folks leaving them for APC. grin

They know the drill. Their fans on social media can say all they want, no wahala. But, if they dare to officially issue a statement of condemnation over the action of Akpabio, Nigerians from all walks of life will rip them to shreds! So they have no opinion than grieve IN SILENCE. grin grin

Na dat kind cry dey pain pass. grin grin

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by MostIncredibleDFirst: 1:23am On Aug 07, 2018
Udom is goner. He has failed woefully as a governor despite having a background in the private sector. It is no longer about the political party, but individual contestants. Let Nsima Ekere of APC win in Akwa Ibom and anything but Buhari's APC win at the federal level. By so doing Akwa Ibom and Nigeria will move forward.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Corrinthians(m): 1:23am On Aug 07, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
Shut up Mr Enang
cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Joevics(m): 1:23am On Aug 07, 2018
See how they are jubilating over just one senator thats been forced to join Apc. Lets see how Akpabio will convince Akwaibomites to vote Apc.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Bitterleafsoup: 1:24am On Aug 07, 2018
We have been fooled
PDP
APC
They are laughing at Nigerians....
We have to act in 2019 or our destiny will be destroyed by these wealth and health vampires in office.

These are unusual times, which warrants unusual actions.

They have millions of zombies ready to kill if needed, these zombies are watching the community turn into a nyash hole, but they have been programmed to believe it is somebodies fault on the other side of the country.

Unusal actions....

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Joevics(m): 1:26am On Aug 07, 2018
Brevir:
This is interesting...and I'm suspecting that this could cause his governor back home to also decamp to APC. And all the PDP sychophant/apologists in Akwa Ibom state will begin to sing a new song.

Do you ecen read? Just spewing trash everywhere.
Governor ko, senator back home ni.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Corrinthians(m): 1:26am On Aug 07, 2018
Brevir:

Even my dear friend Tonyebarcanista will sing a new song. wink

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Neil0072009(m): 1:29am On Aug 07, 2018
Corrinthians:
The case against PDP on this matter is that you can't eat a chicken in the morning and bitterly grumble over someone eating same for lunch. grin

By accepting and still accepting those leaving from APC to join them, they tacitly gave up their moral right to complain about folks leaving them for APC. grin

They know the drill. Their fans on social media can say all they want, no wahala. But, if they dare to officially issue a statement of condemnation over the action of Akpabio, Nigerians from all walks of life will rip them to shreds! So they have no opinion than grieve IN SILENCE. grin grin

Sorry to say but I think you are a big idiot or foolish person
Fvck you big head goat

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Doerstech(m): 1:29am On Aug 07, 2018
shocked

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by ameh99: 1:32am On Aug 07, 2018
Corrinthians:

politics is indeed a dirty game, in politics there are no permanent enemies only permanent interest....

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Corrinthians(m): 1:37am On Aug 07, 2018
Neil0072009:

Sorry to say but I think you are a big idiot or foolish person
Fvck you big head goat
grin grin grin

Stop crying iyah. cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Bobby4090: 1:40am On Aug 07, 2018
I have never seen where a senate majority/minority leader or house majority/minority leaves his party to defect. It's even more shocking than that of the senate president because as a senate majority/minority leader you first vow is to protect your party and its members/policies. While a senate president is supposed to kind of neutral and a father to all in the senate irrespective of party affiliation.
This is a big blow to Pdp and very embarrassing to party politics. It's almost like a party chairman decamping in the middle of his tenure to the opposing party.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Bitterleafsoup: 1:42am On Aug 07, 2018
cooltola:
Remember how rampant Boko Haram activities was during PDP days. PDP had 16 years to get economy right but did not fail to disappoint. The economy was tanking before Buhari took over and do not forget how billions of dollars were missing from central bank Nigeria during GEJ time. Corruption was rampant then. PDP a disappointing party then and for tomorrow. Saraki only switch party because he is looking for his best interest and I do not blame him. APC is PDP , different names ,same politicans, Do not vote neither. Vote for Sowore 2019 or someone else
Prove any of what you wrote. I can show you where the auditing company found nothing of what the Emir claimed. Our economy was the one of the fastest growing in the world, over 200 Chinese companies opened in Nigeria. I can prove all of mine, prove your gossip. This country has turned for the worst under this administration

8 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by tallerSSS: 1:51am On Aug 07, 2018
there is a saying that says, if you can't beat them, join them. no matter what APC can't get my vote. I WILL BE LIVE IN IKOT EKPENE STADIUM COZ MY HOUSE IS JUST 10MINS WALK TO THE STADIUM. many that will appeared are likely people who want to see top politician for the first time and not supporters. I'm talking to those online BMCs

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by 35824L: 1:55am On Aug 07, 2018
Gov Udom Emmanuel cannot survive this. The Akpabio-motivated APC tsunami will sweep Akwa-Ibom state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by EmekaMD(m): 2:00am On Aug 07, 2018
Story for the Gods..

1 Like

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by KDmafia: 2:03am On Aug 07, 2018
pyxon:
That’s why I still respect Nnamdi Kanu. They couldn’t threaten him with jail. Unlike Akpabio
where is the pig now grin

9 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by Ccdavies(m): 2:04am On Aug 07, 2018
[quote author=deomelo post=70049785][/quote]

Oh Mma Ayakop...Yak aba! Shebi 2019 ,Akpabio has fail us! Not Joining APC but wondering what he will now say about the party he so abused before now..ooo Oh yak ndi.ooo
Re: Akpabio, Tinubu Meet As PDP Threatens Action. PIC by tallerSSS: 2:04am On Aug 07, 2018
Bobby4090:
I have never seen where a senate majority/minority leader or house majority/minority leaves his party to defect. It's even more shocking than that of the senate president because as a senate majority/minority leader you first vow is to protect your party and its members/policies. While a senate president is supposed to kind of neutral and a father to all in the senate irrespective of party affiliation.
This is a big blow to Pdp and very embarrassing to party politics. It's almost like a party chairman decamping in the middle of his tenure to the opposing party.
by 2019 he will return to his great party. as far as I'm concern Akpabio is not a fool. he wants to save his head under APC until 2019. coz surely APC leaving Federal capital come 2019.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Announced May 29, 1999 As Handover Date (Throwback Video) / Stella Oduah Wins At Anambra Tribunal / Arewa Youths Disown Shege Ka Fasa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.