Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK (26983 Views)

Widening Crack: PDP Appeals To Jonathan To Wade In As G-5 Govs Shun Rally / PDP Threatens To Expose Obasanjo Over Comment On Atiku / PDP Threatens To Pull Out Of Peace Accord Over El-rufai’s Comment, Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by blamingthedevil: 2:31am On Dec 29, 2022
The five aggrieved Peoples Democratic Party governors have met with the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu in London, the United Kingdom.

The APC standard bearer was said to have lobbied for the endorsement of the five governors during the marathon meeting which was held on Tuesday.

Governors Nyesom Wike (Rivers), Seyi Makinde (Oyo), Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia), Samuel Ortom (Benue) and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu states and some political heavyweights from the South had vowed not to support the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, over the refusal of the party’s National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu, to resign after Atiku obtained the presidential ticket of the party.

But hours after the governors meeting with Tinubu, the PDP said it was not aware of their parley with the ruling party’s presidential candidate, noting that as far it was concerned, the governors were in the UK on vacation.

https://punchng.com/pdp-threatens-sanctions-as-g-5-govs-meet-tinubu-in-uk/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by blamingthedevil: 2:31am On Dec 29, 2022
Punch carry Obidients handicapped yesterday with this headline...but today is another story

Picture 1: Today's headline
Picture 2: Yesterday headline
Picture 3: Daily Trust as Usual was accurate

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Moh247: 3:08am On Dec 29, 2022
cool

Joining the winning team

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by OGIBRA(m): 5:27am On Dec 29, 2022
Too late for PDP to sanction them, the negative effect will be much more if they try it, they can only try to manage the current situation..
I.O.T

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Okoroawusa: 6:53am On Dec 29, 2022
With or without their endorsement Tinubu is winning this election

123 Likes 21 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by HydraFeeds(m): 6:57am On Dec 29, 2022
Nigeria politics is evolving.
Atiku himself is a master defector and a serial betrayer .

165 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Peterobiisathie(f): 7:07am On Dec 29, 2022
cry

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by dplordx(m): 7:09am On Dec 29, 2022
I tot the IPOB wing of nairaland said these guys are endorsing Obituary. The way Obi and his thugs fling around falsehood, hehehe, the way these guys eyes go clear for February, anyways, Obi will win SE. that’s all he’s going to accomplish and then he will disappear forever

83 Likes 10 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by vengertime: 7:11am On Dec 29, 2022
blamingthedevil:
The five aggrieved Peoples Democratic Party governors have met with the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu in London, the United Kingdom.

The APC standard bearer was said to have lobbied for the endorsement of the five governors during the marathon meeting which was held on Tuesday.

Governors Nyesom Wike (Rivers), Seyi Makinde (Oyo), Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia), Samuel Ortom (Benue) and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu states and some political heavyweights from the South had vowed not to support the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, over the refusal of the party’s National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu, to resign after Atiku obtained the presidential ticket of the party.

But hours after the governors meeting with Tinubu, the PDP said it was not aware of their parley with the ruling party’s presidential candidate, noting that as far it was concerned, the governors were in the UK on vacation.

https://punchng.com/pdp-threatens-sanctions-as-g-5-govs-meet-tinubu-in-uk/

Punch and TheNation just use Agbado urchins dey catch cruise. And I love it.

Thiefnubuu that is coming with a Muslim muslim ticket, you expect Wike and Ortom to see the old rubbish as an option?

Hahahaha

46 Likes 11 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by LegendHero(m): 7:16am On Dec 29, 2022
I lowkey don’t want them to endorse Tinubu self. It’s not really good for the optics.

—In Oyo, with our without Makinde, Jagaban will clear the votes.

—In Rivers, we have some Jagaban loyalist like Abe, Tonye, and Amaechi. They should be able to mobilize some votes like they did for Buhari in 2019 where he got 30% of Rivers vote. Jagaban can negotiate with Wike ALONE to give some conceding so APC can get the neccessary 25% in Rivers.

—Enugu and Abia won’t still vote APC much with or without their governor endorsing Tinubu.

—Ortom is finished in Benue. Father Alia has more clout than him and it’s better Jagaban invest more in Father than wasting time with a failure like Ortom.

I will rather Jagaban leave the G-5 to support anyone they want to support. Just negotiate with Wike alone to give 25% in Rivers and tone down the vote. Wike will already send out fire to kill Atiku chance in Rivers so Jagaban don’t need to waste resources.

However, Atiku might use the G-5 endorsement against Tinubu in the North to curry sentiment against him. It’s dicey, but I will always trust Tinubu decision because he is a thorough bred politician.

106 Likes 14 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by mach7(m): 7:21am On Dec 29, 2022
Agreed.
With or without them, APC will still win. Maybe they are thinking about the margin though. But still, having someone like Ortom or Ikpeazu demanding concessions from my candidate turns me off.
LegendHero:
I lowkey don’t want them to endorse Tinubu self. It’s not really good for the optics.

In Oyo, with our without Makinde, Jagaban will clear the votes.

In Rivers, we have some Jagaban loyalist like Abe, Tonye, and Amaechi. They should be able to mobilize some votes like they did for Buhari in 2019 where he got 30% of Rivers vote. Jagaban can negotiate with Wike to give some conceding so APC can get the neccessary 25% in Rivers.

—Enugu and Abia won’t still vote APC much with or without their governor endorsing Tinubu.

—Ortom is finished in Benue. Father Alia has more clout than him and it’s better Jagaban invest more in Father than wasting time with a failure like Ortom.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by LegendHero(m): 7:23am On Dec 29, 2022
mach7:
Agreed.
With or without them, APC will still win. Maybe they are thinking about the margin though. But still, having someone like Ortom or Ikpeazu demanding concessions from my candidate turns me off.

Me too. That Ortom is a thorough failure. Getting an endorsement from him somehow might spell doom for Tinubu in Benue. Father Alia is already more popular than Ortom and postured to be the next governor.

I will rather Jagaban invest more in Father than wasting time getting endorsement from a compound failure like Ortom. I don’t even trust the Ortom guy self.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by VTJN(m): 7:23am On Dec 29, 2022
TINUBU will obviously still win with or without the G-5

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by heykims(m): 7:42am On Dec 29, 2022
How about the Namani, the Enugu PDP guy openly endorsing Tinubu?
Look, the G-5 governors ain't foolish. They have to support a candidate that will likely win and ensure Atiku loses the race, else they become irrelevant if Atiku attains the Presidency.
Every right thinking Nigerian knows Obi is only there to make the contest fierce for APC and PDP. The contest is between Tinubu and Atiku.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Oblongata: 7:42am On Dec 29, 2022
Obidients no go like this news at all

25 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by madridguy(m): 7:42am On Dec 29, 2022
APC is like Real Madrid, we have our full squad already with a standby bench. G5 or not, APC will cruise to victory come 2023.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:42am On Dec 29, 2022
Okay
Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Authoreety: 7:42am On Dec 29, 2022
Chai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by adamusuleiman3: 7:42am On Dec 29, 2022
If Tinubu wins the election, the FEC meetings might start taking place in the UK too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by nairalee(m): 7:42am On Dec 29, 2022
G5 governors should be pacified at all cost if Atiku really wants to win

I am the only one who doesn't understand why Atiku would ignore G5 just to please Ayu

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by tamdun: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2022
blamingthedevil:
Punch carry Obidients handicapped yesterday with this headline...but today is another story

Picture 1: Today's headline
Picture 2: Yesterday headline
Picture 3: Daily Trust as Usual was accurate
Na real handicap grin

9 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by KingKO22: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2022
I just pray that the Northerners that are supporting Tinubu would not start thinking about regional contest especially if Kwankaso endorse Waziri then it will be very difficult

To me, I think it's better for the G5 to work for Tinubu secretly and not flaunt it yet.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Racoon(m): 7:43am On Dec 29, 2022
It is too late. The horse have long bolted from the stable. All these developments are really good for the polity. All the old political order must surely disintegrate and give way.Enough is enough.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by ryloy: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2022
Either way, anything to divide PDP votes

If they support LP= APC Gains
If they Support APC= No much gain except Rivers. Benue, which we have Popular Candidate in APC with a Gov that is a failure. APC is going to win Oyo with or without endorsement, while Abia and Enugu have no much say on who their people vote for.

My submission yesterday

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:43am On Dec 29, 2022
I see Atiku defecting b4 the election proper.

But come to think of it , how did Atiku carelessly spend all his money to beat Wike black and blue during the PDP primaries and expect him to bring out money to fund his ambition after carrying Olosho over 2.5 in Dubai

Tambuwal is the greatest scam artist.
Saraki must be the most confised man Right now.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by KingKO22: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2022
Before nko

2 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by karsey: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2022
Life is full of choices

1 Like

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by ipobcannibals: 7:44am On Dec 29, 2022
The Ipob/ESN terrorists sponsor, Peter Obituary now crying like a Bia.tch

12 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by YorubaNiBaba(m): 7:44am On Dec 29, 2022
Okoroawusa:
With or without their endorsement Tinubu is winning this election

5 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by BabaCommander: 7:44am On Dec 29, 2022
Tinubu lost the election since July

19 Likes

Re: PDP Threatens Sanctions As G-5 Governors Meet Tinubu In UK by bewla(m): 7:44am On Dec 29, 2022
F

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

House-to-House Campaign Organization Dumps Jonathan, Adopts Buhari / Corruption Ongoing Under Buhari – PDP / Mohammed Lawan Buba Appointed As PPRRA Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.