Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President (1511 Views)

I Still Miss Abiola, Says IBB @ 74 / Anybody Who Means Well For Nigeria Will Support Jonathan, Says IBB / Yarima Took Clerics To Jonathan To Pray For Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by Crownvilla(m): 12:49am On Jun 21, 2010
ANPP Leaders Woo IBB
•Urge him to dump PDP
By Imam Imam, 06.20.2010

Some top members of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), including senators and former governors, have urged the party to do all it can to lure former military President Ibrahim Babangida to its fold.

The move by the members is premised on the calculation that the former military leader may not secure the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to enable him contest in next year’s general election.

Among the arrowheads of the move to get Babangida into the ANPP are Senators Ahmed Sani Yarima (Zamfara West), Kabiru Gaya (Kano North), member of the House of Representatives, Honourable Abdulaziz Yari from Zamfara State and the ANPP National Secretary, Alhaji Saidu Kumo, among others.

Available information indicate that even though Babangida is yet to be contacted, a high-powered delegation will likely be sent to the general in due course to make the offer of joining the ANPP.

Giving an insight into the plan, former Zamfara State governor, Ahmed Sani Yarima, told THISDAY that: "It is true such a proposal was discussed, and we are exploring avenue to make it a reality. As at the last time we held a meeting in that regard, IBB has not been consulted, but we feel it is not necessary now. We are waiting to see how the PDP primaries will go.

"We feel with his popularity, mass appeal and experience as a former Head of State, he will be the best person for this country at the moment.
"Don't forget the fact that Babangida had himself given the hint that he may seek his ambition under another platform if denied the PDP ticket. We are trying to explore that and also ensure that we field a candidate that will match PDP in all ramification," Yarima, one of the top financiers of the party, disclosed to THISDAY.

He said, if IBB accedes to their request, the party would mobilise its members and resources to ensure he gets the ticket.
"I have spoken to the national secretary and others who are all eager to take the idea to the next level," he added.

Efforts to speak to the ANPP national secretary was not successful yesteday. However, the party’s publicity secretary, Mr. Emma Eneukwu said the party as a body has not discussed the issue.

"It is not even an agenda for us at the moment because the person in question (IBB) is not a member of our party. Until he joins ANPP, I cannot comment on his ambition. As for our members you mentioned, they are free as individuals to express their opinions on issues, and to propagate such opinions," Eneukwu said.

Also, IBB's spokesman, Prince Kassim Afegbua said the former military president is a strong member of the PDP and will seek to be its presidential candidate next year.
"That is the end of the matter. Honestly, we are very confident of getting the party's (PDP’s) ticket. As such, all our energy is tailored towards that," he added.

The move to drag IBB into the ANPP will make a strong opponent of Kano State Governor, Ibrahim Shekarau who has already declared his intention to contest next year's presidential poll under the banner of the ANPP.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=176246
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by Acidosis(m): 4:38am On Jun 21, 2010
'Bunch' of political racist. Just take a look at the names: Babagida, Yerima, Gaya, Abdulazeez, even the editor of the story Iman Iman, Shekaura, I wonder why they omitted Kaita.
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by desgiezd(m): 8:14am On Jun 21, 2010
"We feel with his popularity, mass appeal and experience as a former Head of State, he will be the best person for this country at the moment.

Who will take the opinion of a senator who married a 14-year old girl serious?
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by ud4u: 8:20am On Jun 21, 2010
Who is Senator Yarima, they are all jokers
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by redsun(m): 8:31am On Jun 21, 2010
Who but animals will give a sub-human degenerate like yarima a press coverage as regards issues concerning suppose human beings called nigerians?JOKERS
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by hatch: 9:01am On Jun 21, 2010
In politics you have to do anything possible to stay relevant,Yerima is a clear example.By the way I don't mind if IBB joins ANPP,that will be a nice well deserved move to his total self destruction.
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by BigB11(m): 10:54am On Jun 21, 2010
IBB is simply the best person to lead this country at this point. Anything else will be the same old story and a complete waste of time.
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by DaddyO(m): 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2010
Anything else will be the same old story

IBB is not same old story then?

I'm actually in support of IBB contesting. I think it'll be a race to his eventual destruction which is long overdue, so our nation can move forward.
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by debeginin(m): 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2010
If it wasn't God that made me a Northerner,I would have cursed the day I was born a Northerner.Imagine the rubbish they are canvassing for,
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by berrye(f): 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2010
I don't blame him at all at all, born fool!

Acidosis:

'Bunch' of political racist. Just take a look at the names: Babagida, Yerima, Gaya, Abdulazeez, even the editor of the story Iman Iman, Shekaura, I wonder why they omitted Kaita.

lmao grin grin grin grin
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by shalewa1(f): 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2010
All I know is that 10 heads can never be better than millions. whoever is against the progress of this nation may God of prophet Musa do what he did to the group of Firaun Faraoh to them all. may God decend his Anger upon them down to their generations to come. well i never mean to corse any baga shao lol, tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by OAM4J: 3:44am On Jun 22, 2010
Birds of a feather. Not surprise.
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by museog: 8:32am On Jun 22, 2010
It is good news for Nigeria if IBB end up in ANPP. He won't have the rigging machinery of the PDP at his disposal in 2011
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by BigB11(m): 9:02am On Jun 22, 2010
What you do not understand is: IBB will never move to ANPP without knowing for sure that 90% of PDP will be working for him indirectly.
IBB will not even contest unless he knows for sure that the next presidential position belongs to him.

Politicians in Nigeria only think of themselves and IBB is known to fully pay you back if you dance to his music. Just be patient and watch how the majority of Nigerian politicians from all parties will start dancing behind IBB when the real show starts.

IBB is going all the way.
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 22, 2010
Big B1:

IBB is simply the best person to lead this country at this point. Anything else will be the same old story and a complete waste of time.

how ?
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by 9jawear(m): 9:33am On Jun 22, 2010
Someone put this pedophile in jail, seriously he still has guts to open his mouth and talk rubbish.
see him defending IBB and his presidential ambitions,wonders shall never end
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by Beaf: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2010
Someone should start a new "political movement" called 'Thieves, Murderers and Paedophiles for IBB'. Their party slogan will be, "a vote for IBB puts an Egyptian child in your bed".
grin grin grin
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by slap1(m): 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2010
There are two Black Goats sitting on the wall . . . one named IBB, one named Yerima. . .*someone should complete it*
Re: Senator Yarima Says Ibb Is Best Person To Be Next President by NADYBOY: 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2010
@ Beaf
Heard INEC announced this afternoon the registration of Looters and Murderers Party of Nigeria--LAMPON. Sani Yerima is the Party National Chairman and IBB the Presidential Candidate. WARNING: All Journalists and 13 years old girls in Nigeria, please be careful.

(1) (Reply)

Kidnappers Shift Attention To Delta / N400million Cash Found In Septic Tank In Bayelsa / Why Couldnt Acn Field In An Ibo Candidate,wayo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.