Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? (7569 Views)

My Mother Inlaw Wants To Bath With Me / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. / Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by bebee: 10:27pm On Jan 04, 2006
hey people,
this is one issue that causes tension between husbands and wives. in this part of the world, it is usually custom to have ones extended family co- habiting with a married couple. the couple at times is left with little or no privacy. it could be from the lady's part or the man's part. hey, air your views.
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by hotangel2(f): 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2006
As im hoping and praying and sure that me and my husband will be financially blessed. No in-law is gon live with us. I'll get them their own place if they don't have one.

Where were they living before we got married? they should go and live there jare.

Seriously, i don't think i will be able to stand any in-law drama in my home.
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by IAH(f): 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2006
I don't think I would love to stay with in-laws too. They should go and live where they were living before my husband and I got married.
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by Oracle(m): 5:44am On Jan 05, 2006
yeah itz not advisable coz problems u never expected would arise
very serious problems

Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by Rolly: 6:41am On Jan 06, 2006
i dont think i would want to live with in-laws either but if worst comes to worst and i have no choice, i will try to be as accommodating as i can be and if they keep messing up as in invading my privacy and disprupting my home, either i give them fire for fire or i chase them out thats what i'm most likely to do cool

wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by christyne(f): 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2006
Na me and my hussy alone o, i no want disturbance abeg.

One can't predict wats gonna happen d next min so i'd rather not allow any in - law moreover ds would have been settled by I & my hussy b4 marriage.
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by kellygirl(f): 12:49pm On Jan 06, 2006
where them dey when we never marry? them dem craze.
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by alheri(f): 12:52pm On Jan 06, 2006
Bring it on! Am equal to the task, mother-in-law, sister- in-law or both. I can handle them,hands down, no shaking! I am lethal myself grin
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by Rolly: 3:58pm On Jan 06, 2006
alheri:

Bring it on! Am equal to the task, mother-in-law, sister- in-law or both. I can handle them,hands down, no shaking! I am lethal myself grin

You go girl! *thumbs up* cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by bebee: 2:40am On Jan 07, 2006
hey, lets view it from this angle. what if b4 u got married, ur sister-inlaw was living with ur husband, u got married, had a baby.ur mother was indisposed,she couldnt make it 4 the "omugwo". ur mother in-law decides to come. she comes and stays 4 a month, 2, 3 ,4. and all this time ,u could never do any good in her eyes, her daughter on 1 side is giving u hassles. then news came that her house got razed and all her belongins gone save for what she came with.what do u suggest happen to her and her daughter? who is the lesser devil?
more views expected
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by alheri(f): 11:28am On Jan 07, 2006
Well, since they are now homeless I will definately let them stay with me. But on my terms! They must all earn thier keep. If I have a house help, I'll let her go cause my sis-in-law will take over her duties. My mother -in-law of cause will have the job of a nanny(will save me money on daycare). Honestly, in-laws only take a mile when you let them. I let mine realise from the begining that I was no mumu and since they know my background and know that its not like am coming from the ghetto, the recognise and I on my own will always represent!
Dont get me wrong, I have never had any quarrel or problems with my in-laws. I stayed with my in-laws for over a year cause my husband was always travelling at one time. But throughout that time, I made them understand that noone can boss me around. My husband believes that as long as am not rude and disrespectful, I should carry go!
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by cheekee(f): 11:32am On Jan 07, 2006
they both suuuck.if they come live in my house then it's under my set of rules and regulations!!!whether they like it or like it not!!!!
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by Rolly: 3:35am On Jan 09, 2006
cheekee:

they both suuuck.if they come live in my house then it's under my set of rules and regulations!!!whether they like it or like it not!!!!
alheri:

Well, since they are now homeless I will definately let them stay with me. But on my terms! They must all earn their keep. If I have a house help, I'll let her go cause my sis-in-law will take over her duties. My mother -in-law of cause will have the job of a nanny(will save me money on daycare). Honestly, in-laws only take a mile when you let them. I let mine realise from the begining that I was no mumu and since they know my background and know that its not like am coming from the ghetto, the recognise and I on my own will always represent!
Dont get me wrong, I have never had any quarrel or problems with my in-laws. I stayed with my in-laws for over a year cause my husband was always travelling at one time. But throughout that time, I made them understand that noone can boss me around. My husband believes that as long as am not rude and disrespectful, I should carry go!

THUMBS UP GUYS !!!!!!! i dey feel una abeg! carry on jo! wink wink wink cool cool
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by christyne(f): 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2006
Though its not really right for someone to become a mugu in this case but at the same time,one needs to be patient.I can only do all what u're saying if only my in - laws are too stubborn and wicked.Its not all in - laws that are bad so i wont say anything as i even pray i have a nice in - law when the time comes.
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by eveseh(f): 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2006
Rolly:

i don't think i would want to live with in-laws either but if worst comes to worst and i have no choice, i will try to be as accommodating as i can be and if they keep messing up as in invading my privacy and disprupting my home, either i give them fire for fire or i chase them out thats what i'm most likely to do cool

wink cheesy cheesy

u are right kiss kiss
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by bolex(m): 10:45pm On May 02, 2006
The best i can is accomodate kids from the family for some reasons

For ma mother or sister in law to live with me

Maybe ma wife is pregnant or they are on visit

Any other thing

plllleeaasseeee

not even ma family would live with me

Thanx jare hot-angel

I was about to say i would get them thier own place & pay 6 months rent

Let them carry on from there grin

GOD BLESS US ALL FINANCIALLY

AMEN
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by bolex(m): 10:47pm On May 02, 2006
By the way , your freedom would be limited if you have extrenal bodies living with you

Don't you want to have s*x all round the house

In the sitting room

On the couch

wink

In the bathroom

cheesy

grin

They would even start sniffing thoughts into ma wife's brains

NOOOOOOO

Am sorry , you can't live with me

Not for more than 1 year
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by babymine(f): 9:23am On May 03, 2006
None of them should come live with us, they can visit sha. cheesy cheesy
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2006
They can come visit but please they would go after visiting. cool
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by omogenaija(f): 7:08am On Jun 24, 2007
both are lethal angry

which one can live with me ?
family members and friends including mine can only vist 2 twice a year and has to say in a hotel if its more than 3 days
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2007
I hate any -inlaw thingy- they had better stay away from me!
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by amaikama(m): 10:11am On Sep 05, 2007
i can stand mother-in-law but can't stand sister-in-law. they are devil incarnate. angry
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by oyinmama(f): 11:49am On Sep 12, 2007
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by OpeLovely(f): 2:34pm On Feb 27, 2008
Is it even right that they should live with you? Visiting from time to time to see the kids, son/brother, visiting for visiting sake and maybe to spend three days or a week at most is ideal by me. But to live? That's a recipe for disaster.
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2008
They can come and live with me for holidays only, especially if I live in a very big house where I don't have to bump into them always ( I love my space). Actually it depends on the character of the in laws, if they are the kind that would turn Stillwater into turbulent waters, then I'm sorry you can't live with me. Please don't overstay your welcome anytime you are on holidays, thank you. smiley
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by banni: 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2008
Well if you watch too many nollywood movies then yes you will not want your in-laws to stay with you.

But if you get to know and talk with your in-laws majority of the time you wil find them easy to get along with and they will respect your privacy as much as possible.

Afterall your bedroom is your own and if i had a child married i be happy if they are constantly at it at night .I want grandchild !
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2009
@bolex,@rolly@cheeke@thonias@kellygir@christy@iah@oracle.thank god ladies of my age n generation (20's) are now waking up.they are not going to take d rubbish mother n sis in laws gave 2 dia dota inlaws.unlike my momsi's set were mother inlaws come n dictate wot goes on in dia sons house,starting from just a weekend extending 2 months n things get outa control but ill love it if my moda inlaw can respect my privacy (myself n my husband) by not living with us 4 woteva reason.if i even have a baby i'll rather be com4table with a nany dan d moda inlaw thingy.at least nany will come n go.- ,except occasional visits sha.n we'll also have d tym,privacy n space 2 do our tin in d kitchen,sittingroom,corridor etc.as 4 cases of house getting burnt or accomodationissues i dont mind using my personal money 2 foot d bills 4 dia accomodation.i'll protect n defend my boundaries real good wen it comes 2 d inlaw thingy
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by SeanT21(f): 4:43am On Jan 01, 2010
It all depends on their character. Good characters are always welcome.
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by metalgong5(m): 8:02am On Jan 01, 2010
Based on the majority replies from ladies on this forum, it's now obvious that girls of nowadays are plain wicked and stupid. . . Yes, I said it. shocked

As for me, I will accomodate any of them whether my wife likes it or not.
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 01, 2010
@metal gong am sure ure a yoruba dude.dey r d ones dat like accomodating extended family members,usually women.tufia grin grin grin grin grin so wen d husband n wife has a lil disagreement he'll go n tell his moda.he can even tell his moda dat his wife refused 2 av sex wit him.nyway thank god my fiancee respect n understands d choices n decisions i make.i pray my other sis will not fall in luv wit people like u whose opinion or decisions doesnt matter 2 dem
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 01, 2010
Re: Mother-inlaw Or Sister-inlaw Living With U, Who Is More Lethal? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 02, 2010
Depends on your relationship with them oh. Some In- Laws are God sent. I dont live with them but we spend a lot of time together, I hang out a lot with mother and sister in law. We are really close, my prayer for every woman is to have a mother in law like mine and to be really respectful and humble. My Mother In law can move mountains for me, her words of wisdom, prayers and daily encouragement i cant do without. My sister in law is just so special, am older but we re like sisters, she is my fashion muse, cos she is a designer. If you see me looking good, thank my Sister In law

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Trust Your Kids In The Hands Of Anyone / Unbelievable!!! Man Give Birth To A Baby Through His Joystick - Video / Can You Allow Your Child To Live With Another Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.