Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out (61650 Views)

My Bestie Is Under Spiritual Attack After Bedding A Strange Girl. Please Advise. / My Bestie Is In Love With Me But I Don’t Want To Lose Him / My Male Bestie Is Sleeping With His Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by MissRaine69(f): 4:38am On Aug 10, 2018
So date the bestie as he has been sitting on that egg for a bloody long time.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by martinlooter(m): 4:41am On Aug 10, 2018
Don't date him, I repeat, don't date him. This kind of guys are only good as friends, not lovers. All those nice things you think you will lose if you miss him, just prepare to lose them forever once you start fucking. Meanwhile, how can a guy stay four full years in school and all he has to show is just a casual fling with you Rita? You mean, all the while you were besties, you were kpanshing and he was listening to the gist of you banging another nigga. Some guys sha! He didn't have a girlfriend all that time. Please, tell him he needs a boyfriend, not you.

3 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by yankeedudu01(m): 5:04am On Aug 10, 2018
Say YES!!!

He says he loves you halleluya... go download Johnny drille n Simi
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Duru009(m): 5:09am On Aug 10, 2018
99% of bestie i know are all fucckmates !
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by omakay(m): 5:14am On Aug 10, 2018
All the qualities of a best friend make up a boyfriend

He has those qualities...

Now he wants to upgrade those qualities and you are complaining...

Are you looking for a boyfriend or a Bleep-mate?

3 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by massinola(m): 5:17am On Aug 10, 2018
My dear, the guy didn't take four years to study you like his course of study just for fun. Most a times, you girls keep making this same mistake of living the good guys for the bad guys. At the end, you will start crying had I known.
Ask yourself, what does he stand to gain by asking you out in his last days in school : sex?, girlfriend stuff? No, I don't think so. He will soon leave the school. So, it goes beyond any of those. He's come to the conclusion that you are his kind of lady. He's asking you to be his woman forever. Why can't ladies think outside the box most times?
See eeh, the greatest good you will do to yourself is give that young man a chance, and believe you me, you will definitely come back here to thank some of us who gave you this advice later.
He knows you better than anyone else, and will treat you better as well. He knows your flaws and has come to the conclusion that he can leave with them. Once more, GIVE HIM A CHANCE

6 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Omar09(m): 5:19am On Aug 10, 2018
Melison:
There are ways things are done, u don't just barge into him and tell him u don't love him, if u are already in a relationship it's good for u, use it as an excuse innno but if u are single wahala dey o cos u don't have much reasons to support ur course but in all if he wants u happy I think he will understand but how u approach him matters a lot,its not easy fa! 4years?? That means since jona tenure he really tried but if u can't date him take things slow and tell him, I pray u make the best decision dear.

If you feel guilty then you love him. Just lay him down easy pissy.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by JAYUK(m): 5:21am On Aug 10, 2018
@ Rita, it all depends on what you want as a woman and your definition of marriage, this guy will give you peace of mind if you marry him,but you can look the other way and end with regrets with someone's later in life,I have been there before, you have all the answers.
Love is usually overrated, time changes everything.

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by agarawu23(m): 5:27am On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:
thankyou very much for this really appreciated
i pray you won't bite your fingers with regrets in future if you turn that guy down. Fvck love and feelings, they don't grow one day....... It's a gradual thing.

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by ojdollars(m): 5:44am On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:
the only thing i feel here is pity i feel he wasted his time and resources on me but still i dont want loose a good friend

You ritylove are a cold hearted individual hiding under the feminine umbrella, no you don't deserve a man like that, you deserve Lucifer or Amadioha. Who even raised this type of kids like You?

Somebody is treating you right, like Princess Ada-ada, Princess Omobotty, you say you no get feelings for am. You have simply conditioned your mind to the low lives you constantly date and change, you're the problem not the guy.

Come to America and see how many women with 6 figs salary would do anything, pay any price to keep that young man. He is not weak, he is the best.
I'm a Warri Boy, I do not take his patience as sign of weakness. A man like that guy, would be patient through life with you through tick and thing.

For Warri, we for even order smallie like you to Whoze you better slap, cause dis your doins na Kpians doings. No, go date Native Doctor naaa, dem hold you? Who you Epp? Okorpise, Ekpa!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Amberon11: 5:48am On Aug 10, 2018
Dumbass fool
Uglymugg:

Fvcking women. Think about your future and not your present. I know what your trying to do (Even though you would never be honest about it) you want to _whore around before you decided to settle for a nice guy. But you might not be lucky, If you think guys like that are easy to find then you're not in touch with reality Pix below explains what I mean
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by daudaolaleke(m): 5:58am On Aug 10, 2018
Ritylove, so many questions to ask you.
1. Do you have a serious guy in ur life
2. During d 4yrs friendship did you notice any girl around him as his girl perse.
3.If yes, are they still together, if still together, it might be that he prefers you to d other girl as future wife. If not together he might want to take you as an available person to balance his emotional betrays.
4. 4yrs..... Was there anytime you sensed any advances move from him but was afraid to press forward.
5. You like him but you dont love him.....huunnnnn. what exactly is it that you want the guy you love/ would love to have that this guy does not have....be frank.
6. ........let me pause so that u dont get confused....

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by sirkrux05: 5:59am On Aug 10, 2018
Since you have a reply for every suggestion, it means you already know what to tell him......... So f....king do it.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by sben2308(m): 6:00am On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:
I am a very gregarious or rather should i say a social individual,i keep alot of company but my actual real friends circle is pretty small,i actually never bought this male bestie of a thing from the onset because i felt it was thrash and irrelevant to me, i was satisfied with my girlfriends around,but during my 100 level in the university there was this particular guy i met then i was still a fresher i never knew much about the school he helped me alot with my clearance,getting a place to stay,showing me around school with alot of stuffs too numerous to mention here.

As time goes on suprisingly we started getting very close much more closer than i ever expected he was very nice and caring to me,sometimes he acts like my dad he is the only male friend i have who dares scold me in my wrong doings as time goes on before i could even realize it he was the closest to me among all my friends he was always there for me when i needed someone even when i dont he was there. We became so close i started confiding in him alot,i even told him stuffs i cant tell my mum we got so close he knows almost everything about me,everyone av dated,whom am dating,my breakups,my sex life,my kind of guy,my attitude towards dating,how i reason, even before saying something he has an idea of what am about to say,this guy knows my girlcode to the freaking core there is hardly anything i can hide from him,he has being of great assistance to me always forcing me to read my books and forget social medias,the truth is that he is the major reason for my drastic improvement academically, i was always at the receiving end,there is hardly anything i do for him yet he stayed i realized i needed him more than he needed me.

it all started few days ago as usual we just left from an eatery store heading back home he decided to drop by my place to charge his pc which he was using for his finals project work since there area had light issues,fast forward to when we got home there it goes we were talking as usual then all of a sudden he started saying stuffs how he feels about me all this while but only kept it to himself after hearing him speak for almost 3hours i was totally confused i didnt say anything i just starred at him the whole time till he finished ,noticing my silience he then asked me what i had to say about what i just heared,i had no idea on what to say i was totally confused i have never seen him this serious my entire life,in an attempt to escape the moment and look on his face i told him to give me sometime to dissolve all what i have heard after which he left.

Now am put in one of the most difficult situations i have ever being he is a very nice person,one of the nicest guys i have met yet he treats me better than anyone else, he treats me better than anyone am dating words can hardly explain i like him alot but i dont think i love or have any feelings or so for him this a guy who waited almost 4yrs to ask me out,a guy who knows me better than all my friends,i feel this guy knows too much and am scared he might use that against me one way or the other after all he has done for me i feel i owe him more, i cant look him in the eyes and tell him that i dont love him,i dont want to hurt his feelings and i dont want to loose him either cux he is my bestfriend i dont want to look like the bad person in front of everyone else but pleasing him here means displeasing myself i dont know what to do anymore cux i dont want to hurt anyones feeling, have being avoiding his calls and text cux i dont know what to say please i need a sincere and modest advice here what can i do in this situation i dont want anyones feelings getting hurt.

Op believe me u do love him and also admire him but u scared cuz his pronoucement came as a shock and two u r really scared .But pls try been without him for like a month n lets know ur conclusion den
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by rman: 6:02am On Aug 10, 2018
Do not date such a guy!

Do not let people mislead you.

Yes, the guy actually loved you all these years , however you made a serious blunder thinking he just wants to be friends. Some guys do not know how to ask ladies out and him getting close at the initial stage and doing all sorts is his own way of asking you out.

The problem is you have told him so much and you are now to exposed. Especailly, the fact that he probably knows your body count amd other guys that have slept with you.

Believe me, when you give in. relaity will also set in for him. Sometimes, sex clears guys head more on how they feel about a lady.

He loves you? Yes, but no guy wants to know other guys that have slept with a lady while he stuck around being the good guy.

He is introverted and most introverts are very calculative and can be manipulative too. I guess he just do not want to leave school without having sex with you. He came out because his time is almost over at school.

Believe me, he has figured out you do not love him after the first year on his own. Because, if you were aa close as you claimed, you must have slept with guys that did not do 5% of what he has done for you.

Move on dear. This is life and it is not perfect.

He will not like that much after the rejection but that is normal.

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by rman: 6:05am On Aug 10, 2018
martinlooter:
Don't date him, I repeat, don't date him. This kind of guys are only good as friends, not lovers. All those nice things you think you will lose if you miss him, just prepare to lose them forever once you start fucking. Meanwhile, how can a guy stay four full years in school and all he h as to show is just a casual fling with you Rita? You mean, all the while you were besties, you were kpanshing and he was listening to the gist of you banging another nigga. Some guys sha! He didn't have a girlfriend all that time. Please, tell him he needs a boyfriend, not you.

We share exactly the same thoughts. She should flee.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by sisisioge: 6:08am On Aug 10, 2018
Hmmmm...expecting the closest/bestie relationships between members of the opposite sex to stay casual forever is not feasible. Your next step will either ruin or make what you two had going. It really would be nice to end up marrying one's bestie...it will be awful if a perfectly wonderful relationship is ruined by intimacy.

Chai! This is such a rocket science embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by archdon: 6:11am On Aug 10, 2018
When you look back on your life, you'll regret not dating him. You always wonder how it could have turned out. The things we regret most in life are the thing we didn't try for whatever bs justifications we have.

Logically speaking, if you date him and it didn't turn out fine, you loose a friend but if it does you gain a life mate. Is dis really a difficult choice?

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Dollabiz: 6:16am On Aug 10, 2018
ohh
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Owiii(m): 6:22am On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:
I am a very gregarious or rather should i say a social individual,i keep alot of company but my actual real friends circle is pretty small,i actually never bought this male bestie of a thing from the onset because i felt it was thrash and irrelevant to me, i was satisfied with my girlfriends around,but during my 100 level in the university there was this particular guy i met then i was still a fresher i never knew much about the school he helped me alot with my clearance,getting a place to stay,showing me around school with alot of stuffs too numerous to mention here.

As time goes on suprisingly we started getting very close much more closer than i ever expected he was very nice and caring to me,sometimes he acts like my dad he is the only male friend i have who dares scold me in my wrong doings as time goes on before i could even realize it he was the closest to me among all my friends he was always there for me when i needed someone even when i dont he was there. We became so close i started confiding in him alot,i even told him stuffs i cant tell my mum we got so close he knows almost everything about me,everyone av dated,whom am dating,my breakups,my sex life,my kind of guy,my attitude towards dating,how i reason, even before saying something he has an idea of what am about to say,this guy knows my girlcode to the freaking core there is hardly anything i can hide from him,he has being of great assistance to me always forcing me to read my books and forget social medias,the truth is that he is the major reason for my drastic improvement academically, i was always at the receiving end,there is hardly anything i do for him yet he stayed i realized i needed him more than he needed me.

it all started few days ago as usual we just left from an eatery store heading back home he decided to drop by my place to charge his pc which he was using for his finals project work since there area had light issues,fast forward to when we got home there it goes we were talking as usual then all of a sudden he started saying stuffs how he feels about me all this while but only kept it to himself after hearing him speak for almost 3hours i was totally confused i didnt say anything i just starred at him the whole time till he finished ,noticing my silience he then asked me what i had to say about what i just heared,i had no idea on what to say i was totally confused i have never seen him this serious my entire life,in an attempt to escape the moment and look on his face i told him to give me sometime to dissolve all what i have heard after which he left.

Now am put in one of the most difficult situations i have ever being he is a very nice person,one of the nicest guys i have met yet he treats me better than anyone else, he treats me better than anyone am dating words can hardly explain i like him alot but i dont think i love or have any feelings or so for him this a guy who waited almost 4yrs to ask me out,a guy who knows me better than all my friends,i feel this guy knows too much and am scared he might use that against me one way or the other after all he has done for me i feel i owe him more, i cant look him in the eyes and tell him that i dont love him,i dont want to hurt his feelings and i dont want to loose him either cux he is my bestfriend i dont want to look like the bad person in front of everyone else but pleasing him here means displeasing myself i dont know what to do anymore cux i dont want to hurt anyones feeling, have being avoiding his calls and text cux i dont know what to say please i need a sincere and modest advice here what can i do in this situation i dont want anyones feelings getting hurt.
You like him but don't love him right? The one you love, is he treating any better than this your bestie? My one cent advice, always marry you friend.

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by SirBunky85(m): 6:23am On Aug 10, 2018
Sheuns:
This has happened to most guys. It's the truth. That's why it's advisable to never ask a lady for friendship first if you wish to have a romantic relationship later on. Just tell her from the onset so she knows where you're driving at. Not forming one nice and caring friend shit.
wat if d guy didnt plan dating her initially but later developed interest in d gal cuz of her manners?
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by SirBunky85(m): 6:26am On Aug 10, 2018
Homeboiy:
Foolish girl, He was even talking for 3 hrs without your response .

I don't blame you, I blame the useless guy that's forming Mr nice guy

Girls like you should be used for yahoo rituals

Ewu Cotonou

onye iberibe
enyia jiri ya nwayoo dia
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by NnamdiEducamia(m): 6:26am On Aug 10, 2018
Fake story just to keep the platform on!

Nairaland, I hail o!
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Gagare1(m): 6:27am On Aug 10, 2018
Nnaabros:
You don't love him with all his nice qualities and the way he treats you but you love all those other guys who treat you far less than he does. ?

What do you women really want?

Is love all about romantic feelings and emotions, rather than qualities and personality?

Most people never appreciate what they have until they lose it.

I still blame the guy for not laying his cards clearly on the table from the beginning, instead of acting BROTHER and FATHER to a girl for four years before telling her what he really wants.
While other guys were busy sleeping with her to his hearing. The guy na MONUMENTAL MUMU.

2 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by daolad: 6:29am On Aug 10, 2018
From your post, ` u don't want to loose him' means you admire him so dearly .Since you can't loose him, give him a trial if he can cope with you, because your relationship with him is another guy aside from being your bestie in the initial stage. At this time, all what he hides from you will know well and it may seem when he correct you on your wrongdoings, you'll start to wonder is this not the guy that have being friend since four (4) years ago.
I

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by amadice(m): 6:30am On Aug 10, 2018
ritylove:

bae, That guy is your future.. don't date your husband and marry your boy friend

4 Likes

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by olisaEze(m): 6:33am On Aug 10, 2018
Funny but a very common story among uni students. Dude has been comfortable in d friendzone for 4yrs, n now he's about 2graduate he suddenly realizes he's about to miss a nice piece of *ss because of forming bros. U probably have spent a lot of nights in his room without knowing that he's always wntd to tap that *ss. Its not love, believe me, it's just his 'final fantasy' (pun intended) that he wnts to achieve. If a guy really cares that much about a girl, he's not going to be there while other guys play with her heart for 4yrs b4 trying to steal it. He'll blurt it out no doubt b4 that much time passes. Truth, he just wants a piece of *ss b4 he leaves u finally without d hassles of relationship with u. grin

1 Like

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by ordainbuzz(m): 6:38am On Aug 10, 2018
Babe that guy try oo, me no get that patience to wait, sha, just compensate am by giving him kpekus.may be wen him finish, him eye go clear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Jocknom(m): 6:47am On Aug 10, 2018
Tell him you can't have a relationSHIP with him, the thing has tae now, 4years no be beans, but let him know you can have a relationBIKE with him because the SHIP has already full since last 4years.
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by SirBunky85(m): 6:47am On Aug 10, 2018
Odunharry:

Abeg mk she no gree o. She no love am and she don talk am.

Make she no date out of pity
dat gal doesnt know a thing abt love,she's just confused
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by Bigdeeee: 6:48am On Aug 10, 2018
I can bet on it that the OP will be the ugly type. Still one mumu is hyping her, making her feel important. Some guys are just very stupid!
Re: My Bestie Is Now Asking Me Out by neoobinna(m): 7:01am On Aug 10, 2018
'Nigerians don't take matters of the heart serious"

First:
It's either He have always been in love with you all this while
Or
He developed it in the process of knowing you

If I'm not mistaking you your HUSBAND is right there in front of you and you can't even see it

Let me give you an example:
I knew my wife for 3 years, then we were just friends and then "bestie's" then we started dating. Believe me dating your bestie is the best thing that can ever happen to anyone and on the other hand marrying your bestie is the greatest of it all
Imagine someone knowing you more he knows himself, he knows your does and don't. Believe me he will not use it against you
And for the love thing, I have seen people in love but they don't know it. Take a minute and think why do you like him or like everything he do. "It can be love in disguise"

Even if you don't agree with me, this guy have come a long way you can't just shut the door on him give him a little chance just tinny little chance (a plan ground) I bet you will fall for him "if you liked him as a friend then you must love him as a lover" don't you think so?

I don't know why women don't recognize love even when staring at its face

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

8 Natural Ways To Increase The Size Of Your Penis / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / My Soon To Be Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.