Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng (2166 Views)

Is Www.smartweb.com.ng Reliable? / Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) / Webmasters/web Designers: Beware Of Smartweb Hosting! They Are Scammers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by TCDURU(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2010
I have this plan to go into very attractive deals with SmartWeb Ng.
If you have any information or personal experience with them, do let me know.
Thank You.
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by bros1234(m): 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2010
I have not hosted sites with smartweb because we run a webhosting company. You might as well want to check us out at www.wazohost.com

However, the guys at smatweb are swift in helping you. I know this because I once bought a software from them. That was a long time ago
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2010
i hosted with them to upload someone's site not only are they organized they sent me my details the same day after payment not to long and thier price is not bad.don't know about others.
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by serverman: 8:57pm On Feb 02, 2011
I havn't used them lipsrsealed but i've read some bad reviews from other nairaland users. I currently use www.QServers.net who have very good reviews, pricing, support and server uptime. Been with them for over six years (23 domains).

You can also pay with INTERSWITCH ATM cards on their site.
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by inas911(m): 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2011
If u ever hear anybody mention smartweb, pls run away from them. Infact, they are thieves. They will cripple your biz for u just as they did mine. God punish them 4 me.
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by Sub5(m): 1:31am On Feb 06, 2011
I am an unhappy costumer of smartwebng.com, i have only tested their service for just 4 month and i am unsatisfied at all with them.
i will not advice you to go near them but if you can be Patience with them fine, with time they might fix there problem.
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by schneid: 8:46pm On Feb 06, 2011
smartweb have reall stepped on toes this past few wewk. since december, their service has been sooooo bad, and the most annoying thing is, they find it difficult to apologise or explain what really happened. I gave them try and they disaapointed me . i would not advse you!
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by 2864: 4:36pm On Feb 09, 2011
Try http://africahostings.com, You dont need to pay for any service not untill 30 days. I mean your account is activated for free for 30 days to allow you decide
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by nd1: 2:10pm On Feb 19, 2011
when something is too cheap you will always have a price to pay. Please visit Smartweb Ng up time statistics http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptime/SmartwebNigLtd.html
if your webhosting company have this type of uptime rating note: YOU MUST CLOSE SHOP!
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by lagoshost(m): 12:33am On Feb 20, 2011
nd1:

when something is too cheap you will always have a price to pay. Please visit Smartweb Ng up time statistics http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptime/SmartwebNigLtd.html
if your webhosting company have this type of uptime rating note: YOU MUST CLOSE SHOP!

The above is not correct. As it will never represent the true uptime of any company. Let illustrate this, our company www.lagoshost.com has an "x" number of servers we use. Now for this month server A may have an issue that will make the uptime very poor and that is not to say that all servers will also have a poor uptime.

I think what is more important here is the support you give as webhost.

Most people doing webhostnig in nigeria are not ready to work. The moment they get your money, all supports will be story.

As a webhost, most time I stay awake all all the night. I am posting this @12: 30 am and I am likely to stay online untill someone takes over from me.

That is how a webhost should be.

more comments here.
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by nd1: 7:56am On Feb 20, 2011
When a client get a hosting service from a hosting company. The customer expects to have his sits up all the time.

It is the responsibility of the hosting company to manage it server and provided support to customer that needs help in using their service

Note: having x number of servers is part of the responsibility of the hosting company to manage all it server not to have poor down time on any, that may affect it rating. The information provided on their uptime rating is correct.

Are you staying awake to work on your server or provided regular support to your customer?

You can only provide regular support to your customer because once it is server issue like what smartweb are experiencing they have to contact their hosting company where the are reselling their service

It takes time to get issue fixed because they don’t have physical access to the server.
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by lagoshost(m): 10:25pm On Feb 20, 2011
@ nd1

I know what the issue is with smartweb,  I have moved over 10 sites from this site. And each time a prospective client contacts us to move a domain name from there, I always check for a particular and I have discovered they all have the same issue.

I have contacted him, but he just said it was a server issue that has been sorted out.

I would not want to cross this line. Hope he comes back on time.
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by nd1: 11:05pm On Feb 20, 2011
@ LagosHost

Good! We pray they don’t go the Nairahost Way. They need better servers and good technical support to be in webhosting business.
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by mastere3: 4:03pm On Feb 21, 2011
lagoshost:

The above is not correct. As it will never represent the true uptime of any company. Let illustrate this, our company www.lagoshost.com has an "x" number of servers we use. Now for this month server A may have an issue that will make the uptime very poor and that is not to say that all servers will also have a poor uptime.

I think what is more important here is the support you give as webhost.

Most people doing webhostnig in nigeria are not ready to work. The moment they get your money, all supports will be story.

As a webhost, most time I stay awake all all the night. I am posting this @12: 30 am and I am likely to stay online untill someone takes over from me.

That is how a webhost should be.

more comments here.

I think these words are the most professional thing to say. I have one problem with Nigerians, , SOME TEND NEVER TO UNDERSTAND. Let put it this way, server are machine and they are bound to go down sometimes, what matters as lagoshost said is technical support and response time and a company manage the efficiency of the server workings.

Well make i quickly put this one here o: www.vbhostnet.com (Unlimited Shared Hosting, Resellers and Master Resellers Hosting with FREE Domain names)
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by josiangems(m): 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2011
Hello,

I have hosted my site www.josiangems.com for a very long time now and i have no any big deal than a normal server issues which i used to have with Hostgator also.
There is no way you can run away from server simple error.
To me they are doing a wonderful job.
Please follow this link to prove me right http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptime/SmartwebNigLtd.html
Their servers are doing very well. even in US, Germany Or any where the uptime is well encouraged unless if you have any personal problems with them.

Thanks,
JosianGems
http://www.josiangems.com
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by eshal: 11:44pm On Aug 10, 2011
Hello,
Yes smartwebng.com have an issue on downtime sometime January and February which lead to all this post against us  in nairaland but does that mean we will continue to have down time forever? i doubt much
lagoshost:

@ nd1

I know what the issue is with smartweb,  I have moved over 10 sites from this site. And each time a prospective client contacts us to move a domain name from there, I always check for a particular and I have discovered they all have the same issue.

I have contacted him, but he just said it was a server issue that has been sorted out.

I would not want to cross this line. Hope he comes back on time.   

Well i think you are fair enough and i trust you that you know the issue of server which can happen to any web hosting company.
For you information we are back strong than ever.
Thanks
Umar M
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by DualCore1: 3:32am On Aug 11, 2011
<observation>Last two posts, same person.</observation>
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by middayhost: 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2011
Try http://middayhost.com You dont need to pay for any service not untill 30 days. I mean your account is activated for free for 30 days to allow you decide
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by jorge1980(m): 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2011
Please Avoid them like a plague. They are fraudsters
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by jorge1980(m): 9:22pm On Nov 01, 2011
A bunch of unprofessional charlatans who should not be any kind of business.
Re: Please I Need Information About Smartweb Ng by CEOcountry(m): 12:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
eshal:
Hello,
Yes smartwebng.com have an issue on downtime sometime January and February which lead to all this post against us  in nairaland but does that mean we will continue to have down time forever? i doubt much

Well i think you are fair enough and i trust you that you know the issue of server which can happen to any web hosting company.
For you information we are back strong than ever.
Thanks
Umar M

Well. i think smartweb has the best and fastest support from any web hosting company in nigeria. i use iPOWER but dues to the dollar isssss, i looked for alternative in nigeria. I have been fine since i started using them February.

(1) (Reply)

Testing Joomla No Activation Link To Mail Box! / Guns of Boom unlimited gold hack cheat tool download Android iOS / Latest MTN Unlimited Free Browsing @ N0.00 Using Simpleserver And Psiphon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.