Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates (36970 Views)

Atiku Abubakar World Press Conference (Live Update) / Live Broadcast: Nnamdi Kanu's World Press Broadcast From Jerusalem / Full Speech Of Saraki’s World Press Conference On NASS Invasion By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Redhot111(m): 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
Obere4u:

That Electoral ammendment bill is what is giving Sarraki strong mind that his game against the government is working but it will backfire on him. Sarraki is too selfish. He knows fully well that if Buhari wins 2nd term, he will lose the SP seat.
Power intoxicates

And ur god, Buhari knows that if he signs it, then all the senators including the APC senators will hv the free will to work for who they really want. So if Buhari believes in his popularity let him sign it and nail his his coffin.
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by kenex4ever(m): 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
Sagay212:
I wish the mumu Nigerian youths wasting energy supporting and cheering their senators will use that same energy to ask the devilish and bast.ard senators to show them the number of projects carried out in their constituencies. If you cannot hold politicians accountable for simple things as constituency projects, I wonder if the youths are not more useless and foolish than the politicians.

they ignore the most important things and chase shadows, praising politicians over stupid and petty things.
how many has ur non mumu and non bastard buhari done. Stop being emotional kid
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Iamgrey5(m): 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2018
RexTramadol1:

The Siege on NASS is a national embarrassment (issue)

How DG DSS got power to lay the siege is a national issue

You should notice he didn't answer the question about if he's contesting the presidency ( that's a personal issue)

If someone defects ( party issue)

Impeachment of the arms of government at the national level ( national issue).
No the defections and the unorthodox announcement of a recess caused the problem in the nation at the moment

The statements and counter statements credited to both PDP and APC members caused the current crises

Saraki made mention that it was s selfless act, but only PDP senators which included the newly defected senators from APC were present at the national Assembly yesterday. So he can't run away from the partisan undertone.

Saraki further claimed there was a plan to impeach him for months and they came to stop it.

Nonetheless, it is not against the laws of the land to try to mpeach him and there's no substantial evidence to suggest he was going to be impeached yesterday without the absolute majority need asides the account of the PDP senators.

Therefore, he only gave the account of the PDP senators without addressing the issuee from both sides of spectrum. As such, it cannot be called a national issue, it is clearly an attempt to score cheap points against the opposition
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Redhot111(m): 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2018
geometricaxis:

2015 election budget was N108B, naira then was 160 to $1 today it is 360. Dont shoot me o but in dollar terms it is about the same.

See another yaba left escapee. Do we pay INEC staffs in dollars? Or do we transport INEC materials in dollars? Are you this lazy to think? No wonder ur Buhari says you are lazy
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Psoul(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
gentlegenius:
I lost every hope in buhari's administration when I begin to notice his desperation to perpetuate himself in office. #powerdrunkleaders.

How can buhari budget 242 billion Naira for election??. When we know too well that his desperation to remain in power will override the fairness of the election.

Nigeria population is approximately 180 million.

Abeg We don't want election in 2019 again. Buhari pls Just share the money, 1.344m for each person, and continue your second tenure...

If you are with me pls Share...�

Revisit ur mathematics text books once again.
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by bomsilaga(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
gentlegenius:
I lost every hope in buhari's administration when I begin to notice his desperation to perpetuate himself in office. #powerdrunkleaders.

How can buhari budget 242 billion Naira for election??. When we know too well that his desperation to remain in power will override the fairness of the election.

Abeg We don't want election in 2019 again. Buhari pls Just share the money, 1.344m for each person, and continue your second tenure...

Check your maths.
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Redhot111(m): 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
Sagay212:

Many of you nigerians have been created to suffer. Just look at the stupid question this one is asking me. What access do I have to the president other than the criticism I make against the FG and all useless politicians online. You suffer head youths will always want to make an excuse for your useless politicians even when you don't gain nada from them. small time una go dey run go sleep for another man country embassy for visa.

The anger in you is such that I'm beginning to think it's beyond this my amiable senate president's speech. I'm suspecting three things. It's either one bad guy impregnated ur wife right under ur nose or you just discovered that the children u hv been fathering all this while are actually ur younger brothers product or the two cases above happened to you at the same time. Any way sorry ooo
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Obere4u: 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
Redhot111:

And ur god, Buhari knows that if he signs it, then all the senators including the APC senators will hv the free will to work for who they really want. So if Buhari believes in his popularity let him sign it and nail his his coffin.

Question should be why will Saraki Malenye and Co sponsor the bill if they are heavyweight politicians as they claim. Buhari supporters in the house said it openly that those sponsoring the bill are doing so for selfish reasons. Is the electoral bill the most important thing to do in that house.?
They know their political career will be dead if Buhari wins 2nd term.

I'm waiting on who the PDP candidate will be. Let's see how it will be in 2019
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by RexTramadol1: 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2018
Iamgrey5:
No the defections and the unorthodox announcement of a recess caused the problem in the nation at the moment

The statements and counter statements credited to both PDP and APC members caused the current crises

Saraki made mention that it was s selfless act, but only PDP senators which included the newly defected senators from APC were present at the national Assembly yesterday. So he can't run away from the partisan undertone.

Saraki further claimed there was a plan to impeach him for months and they came to stop it.

Nonetheless, it is not against the laws of the land to try to mpeach him and there's no substantial evidence to suggest he was going to be impeached yesterday without the absolute majority need asides the account of the PDP senators.

Therefore, he only gave the account of the PDP senators without addressing the issuee from both sides of spectrum. As such, it cannot be called a national issue, it is clearly an attempt to score cheap points against the opposition

You gave his statement your own meaning

What I heard him say about lawmakers entering the assembly yesterday was that they had been in deliberations over INEC's funding issue, he said they met Mahmood on the matter, and they were looking into making sure the recess won't slow down the process leading to elections

He said, they were to meet with committee members at the NA yesterday to see if the National Assembly will have to be reopened if there are more pertinent issues

On getting there yesterday, the Lawmakers were told there is a list of senators who are to be granted access into their chambers

And that was what brought the fuss about impeachment to reality

So, he said lawmakers who were from APC were suspected to be somewhere else, others decided to wait till they arrive ( whatever the motive is their problem)

But the salient issue that brought about press conference remains the siege and not defections

Defections have been happening here and there, even Akpabio is currently defecting....it's not an issue for Nigerians to start weeping about.
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Taofeekdboy(m): 3:06pm On Aug 08, 2018
Forget anyone telling you to get your pvc for the coming elections, we youths don’t know what we want and we re birds of a feather that flock together. See comments and reactions here cry, who do we offend in this country? We keep praising this politicians and making them feel superior as if they are helping the masses, they oppress us in any way they can, constructing good roads, hospitals and many more for them is like saving us from penury, we don’t even know our rights anymore any little thing from the government, we start hailing, commending them and they feel like our savior. As far I’m concerned, youths can never work together in this country because we re the one that can change this but prefer throwing tribalistic comments on social media, drug peddling, fraud, exploiters, bribery, collecting money from the politicians and laying assaults on their oppositions whereas their kids are studying or staying overseas, the fact that 70 percent of our politicians have dual citizenship make me to smh for this country, they don’t even have hope in the country because they know the upcoming ones are more brutal than them. There was a country in 1960-1984 when everything was going fine and African countries envied HER and regarded her as the giant of Africa, SHE helped a lot of neighboring counties and SA during their apartheid govt when no one was ready to help but see what is happening in SA now, no more regards because of our youths indulgement over there.
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Tomoyayi(m): 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2018
geometricaxis:

2015 election budget was N108B, naira then was 160 to $1 today it is 360. Dont shoot me o but in dollar terms it is about the same.

Who is at fault for that?
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2018
Frankiss44:

That was on purpose .. Channels have been compromised long ago

we were told it gonna be a world press ,,if channels was compromised what happen to the galaxy tv,pdp AIT, BRUCE stv ,did dss "seige" cnn & bbc from broadcasting... grin.
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Iamgrey5(m): 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2018
RexTramadol1:

You gave his statement your own meaning

What I heard him say about lawmakers entering the assembly yesterday was that they had been in deliberations over INEC's funding issue, he said they met Mahmood on the matter, and they were looking into making sure the recess won't slow down the process leading to elections

He said, they were to meet with committee members at the NA yesterday to see if the National Assembly will have to be reopened if there are more pertinent issues

On getting there yesterday, the Lawmakers were told there is a list of senators who are to be granted access into their chambers

And that was what brought the fuss about impeachment to reality

So, he said lawmakers who were from APC were suspected to be somewhere else, others decided to wait till they arrive ( whatever the motive is their problem)

But the salient issue that brought about press conference remains the siege and not defections

Defections have been happening here and there, even Akpabio is currently defecting....it's not an issue for Nigerians to start weeping about.

You failed to understand the bone of contention

The PDP senators were not supposed to be there in the first place

If you understand that, you will see the partisan undertone to the whole fiasco.

It is not a national issue because the Senate president refused address that part of the whole fiasco.

He seized the opportunity to throw jabs
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Arkayn: 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2018
abokibuhari:
God bless saraki

God bless the PDP

Tears rolling down from my eyes, had is been he wasn't on that seat, Nigerians would have all gone to exile

God bless Saraki? Nigerian youths are some of the dumbest young people in the whole world.

Instead of you fools to be stoning these thieving and devilish politicians, you are hailing them.

This country truly has no hope. The rest of the world is leaving us far behind in all aspects while you continue to bow to the same people who have stolen your birth-right.

SOWORE/ MOGHALU 2019

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 08, 2018
Obere4u:

What have Saraki achieved as SP if not to attack the executive at any given opportunity? Why the rush to amend the electoral sequence when he case was filled in the second time in CCT?

No sane man will support this career politicians that only fight for their pocket. So my dear we are both insane just that you might roaming

Have you finished?

It takes a particular kind of individual whose can sell their sanity for N30k a month

The sort of mind that can try to justify the obviously outrageous

It takes the lowest sort of human to stand and support such a failed government in that Nigeria
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2018
Moukandjo:

You're actually very dumb, boy, & I'm not trying to disrespect you!

Well your attempt has been noted

Weakling
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2018
Sagay212:

Many of you nigerians have been created to suffer. Just look at the stupid question this one is asking me. What access do I have to the president other than the criticism I make against the FG and all useless politicians online. You suffer head youths will always want to make an excuse for your useless politicians even when you don't gain nada from them. small time una go dey run go sleep for another man country embassy for visa.

grin

Dope.arse

You are in Nigeria alone

And will continue to suffer
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by abokibuhari: 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2018
Arkayn:

God bless Saraki? Nigerian youths are some of the dumbest young people in the whole world.

Instead of you fools to be stoning these thieving and devilish politicians, you are hailing them.

This country truly has no hope. The rest of the world is leaving us far behind in all aspects while you continue to bow to the same people who have stolen your birth-right.

SOWORE/ MOGHALU 2019
Have you stoned Buhari today??
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Ndonu101: 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2018
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Redhot111(m): 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2018
Obere4u:

Question should be why will Saraki Malenye and Co sponsor the bill if they are heavyweight politicians as they claim. Buhari supporters in the house said it openly that those sponsoring the bill are doing so for selfish reasons. Is the electoral bill the most important thing to do in that house.?
They know their political career will be dead if Buhari wins 2nd term.

I'm waiting on who the PDP candidate will be. Let's see how it will be in 2019

You are wrong. The only purpose of that amendment is to give room to those sycophantic hypocrites that are still within the APC to truly follow their mind. Without fear. But tell me why you think the amendment isn't favorable to ur bubu
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by luckysmills: 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
geometricaxis:

who placed naira where it is as compared to dollar?
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
luckysmills:
who placed naira where it is as compared to dollar?

who wasted their money sending you to school?
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Sagay212: 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
Redhot111:

The anger in you is such that I'm beginning to think it's beyond this my amiable senate president's speech. I'm suspecting three things. It's either one bad guy impregnated ur wife right under ur nose or you just discovered that the children u hv been fathering all this while are actually ur younger brothers product or the two cases above happened to you at the same time. Any way sorry ooo

continue...i already said many of you have been cursed. your amiable senate president indeed
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Guestlander: 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2018
TempleChinedum:
"Despite the threat to our lives, we shall continue to fight impunity and injustice in this country. Happily, by the actions that Nigerians took yesterday, they demonstrated our strong resolve as a nation not to give ground to oppression."-SP, @bukolasaraki #WorldPressConference

"The legislature, more than any other institution in this country, more than any other arm of govt. represents the will of the people. We are elected by the people, & an assault on the legislature is an assault on the people of Nigeria." - SP, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

"The forcible shutdown of the legislature was an unconscionable assault on a national institution, and thanks to all your efforts, the aggressors have been put to shame. The resistance mounted by staff of the National Assembly..."-SP, @bukolasaraki
#WorldPressConference

Hollow words from a man who wouldn't honor a mere invitation by the police. All the intrigues will soon be laid bare.
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by 2016v2017: 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2018
gentlegenius:

Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by 2016v2017: 3:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
abokibuhari:
God bless saraki

God bless the PDP

Tears rolling down from my eyes, had is been he wasn't on that seat, Nigerians would have all gone to exile
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by anigold(m): 3:28pm On Aug 08, 2018
Ndonu101:
why did Channels TV go off air?

Nigeria is a very backward country I tell you
orders from above. grin grin grin
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by 2016v2017: 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2018
fallout87:
Well said by Saraki.

They planned this coup and planned to have all the troubles fall on Osinbajo.

What a wicked and evil party with a wicked and evil ruler Buhari.
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Ngokafor(f): 3:31pm On Aug 08, 2018
comos:

The owner of channels Tv, Tony Momoh is an APC member

John Momoh is actually the name of the owner of Channels T.V....still an APC person anyway.
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Tareq1105: 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2018
abokibuhari:
God bless saraki

God bless the PDP

Saraki is your god, somebody that rule Kwara for 8yrs without any concrete evidence and dividend of democracy to show.

What changes have you seen in Ilorin in the last 10yrs?

Kwara people have resigned to their fate. That's your god.
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by Redhot111(m): 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2018
Sagay212:

continue...i already said many of you have been cursed. your amiable senate president indeed

And you hv been zombiefied to the extent of attacking verbally in an aggressive manner simply because they share a view that's different from urs. Drowning fellow without point will resort to being aggressive. Ntooorr
Re: Bukola Saraki's World Press Conference - Live Updates by conyema12(m): 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2018
PMB is a cancer to our democracy and needs to be uprooted from our system asap before it spreads uncontrollably

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CCT To Arraign Orubebe For False Asset Declaration & Acceptance Of N70m Bribe / 2019: What Will Happen To Nigerians If Buhari Decides To Re-contest - Shehu Sani / BREAKING: Acting IGP Orders Disbandment Of FSARS, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.