Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,418 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio (16097 Views)

Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't / Malami Makes U-turn, Says FG Would Not Prosecute Nigerians Who Tweets / Graft Allegations: Why FG May Not Prosecute Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by deantimes(m): 7:03am On Aug 09, 2018
SENATOR Godswill Akpabio, has stated why the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), could not prosecute him despite allegations of corruption levelled against him.

Mr Akpabio, a serving senator, had ruled Akwa Ibom State from May 2007 to May 2015 on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP).

The former governor was being investigated by the EFCC for alleged gift of N1.4bn to a bank for unknown reasons.

Akpabio had also being probed on allegations of embezzling N108bn during his tenure between 2007 and 2015.

But the lawmaker defecting to the All Progressive Congress (APC) on Wednesday stated that he was innocent as nothing incriminating was found on him during the investigation carried out by the anti-graft agency.

“Some people are saying I moved to APC because a gun was pointed on my head. A young man wrote a petition against me and the petition was filled with lies… I have never been charged to court… The EFCC did not find anything on me,” Akpabio said while addressing his supporters at a rally organised to receive him into the APC at the Ikot Ekpene Township stadium.

“For those who said I am a traitor, I will never be a traitor. Those who are ganging up to stop the government of the day, we won’t see election if we follow them. We won’t see February 2019,” he added.

The former governor also said his defection to the APC is for the interest of the state and the Niger Delta region.

“Our people should be part and parcel of Nigeria. We don’t believe in segregation. The region as a minority cannot stand on its own.

“The south-south having the major resources of this country should also partake in the sharing of the resources. What I have done today is to take the people of the south-south to the centre; to link Akwa Ibom to the centre,” added.

Akpabio also said he was joining the APC to sweep away poverty from the lives of the residents of the state.

“As I speak to you now, those who are from the national assembly are all here. Thousands of you all were in PDP yesterday, are you not in APC today? I accept this broom to sweep away poverty form your life.”

https://www.headlineng.com/why-efcc-could-not-prosecute-me-despite-allegations-of-corruption-akpabio/

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by ORACLE1975(m): 7:04am On Aug 09, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin well when EFCC rob your balls

Then you can not scream for help but APC comes to

rescue you .

Let the tsunami continue we Nigeria know where we

belong come 2019,the #tyrant most go........

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by Imortal001: 7:05am On Aug 09, 2018
OK
Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by deantimes(m): 7:06am On Aug 09, 2018
grin

Saint Akpabio

20 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by directorXixXICK(m): 7:06am On Aug 09, 2018
Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by dukie25: 7:06am On Aug 09, 2018
The former governor was being investigated by the EFCC for alleged gift of N1.4bn to a bank for unknown reasons.

Akpabio had also being probed on allegations of embezzling N108bn during his tenure between 2007 and 2015.
Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by dukie25: 7:08am On Aug 09, 2018
Akpabio also said he was joining the APC to sweep away poverty from the lives of the residents of the state

No poverty in apc ruling states abi? Most of the poor states in Nigeria are under the rule of APC.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by TechConsult: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2018
Time will tell

2 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by Homeboiy: 7:17am On Aug 09, 2018
Akwa ibom wahala

Our former governor decamped to APC but I have never heard him talk anything bad about our current governor

13 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by jchioma: 7:19am On Aug 09, 2018
EFCC shame unto you. This double standards in fighting corruption is a major reason why Buhari and APC cannot win in 2019.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by Nbote(m): 7:23am On Aug 09, 2018
So for what crime was d state accounts frozen when dey are even yet to go to courts??

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by ibroauthen(m): 7:23am On Aug 09, 2018
OK na

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by Racoon(m): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2018
shocked grin grin grin cheesy Akpabio is already boasting now when his finacial crime sins have been cleanse away by the APC broom & EFCC selective justice anti-corruption war.

Meanwhile hear the EFCC side of the story;
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has said the case of alleged fraud involving Senator Godswill Akpabio is not over,

Akpabio had said that he was a man of peace that had no case to answer with the EFCC, adding that the young man who wrote petition against him to the commission could not prove his case

“Those petitions to the EFCC have been sorted out. As I stand today, I have not been charged to court because nothing was found against me,” Akpabio said.

However, the spokesman for the EFCC, Mr Wilson Uwujaren, while responding to Akpabio’s claim, said his case was still ongoing.
When asked by Punch if Akpabio was still under probe, the EFCC spokesman said, “EFCC does not close cases or give clearance to anybody.”
In 2015, Akpabio was accused of diverting over N100bn from the oil-rich state between 2007 and 2015, an allegation which he has denied.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/08/corruption-case-not-closed-efcc-tells.html
Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by philGeo(m): 7:27am On Aug 09, 2018
Akpabio, you have start abi? I know very soon you will start to say that you are not from Nigeria, because they have totally brainwash you and format it. Or better still tell us many people you have kill like your brother Kalu did, APC have more Criminals more than Iceland population.

6 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by mpianya39(m): 7:27am On Aug 09, 2018
All welcome saint akpabio grin

9 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by RevenGeMission: 7:34am On Aug 09, 2018
And the idiots have started calling him saint

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by Bizibi(m): 7:46am On Aug 09, 2018
Hehehehehehe....

2 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by donttouchme: 8:20am On Aug 09, 2018
You waited until I join Apc. Oga, stop lying.

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 09, 2018
Stop making mouth Mr man.
All of you are thieves except the President amd vice President and some very very few of you.
Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by SEONaijaExpert: 8:43am On Aug 09, 2018
One thing I know, of you're found to be corrupt, even if you're in APC, this government will go after you. Once it's more than an allegation and there are facts and paper works supported.
Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by evansjeff(m): 8:44am On Aug 09, 2018
Let it be put on record that the only two persons that have had their case completely judged and sentenced to jail are current APC members. No single PDP member has been sentenced to jail. I wonder what Buhari is doing.

For those shouting witch hunt.
Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by bedspread: 8:44am On Aug 09, 2018
Because u hv been a BUHARIST SINCE 2015...

Whoever Says Efcc or the Presidency of Buhari is Fighting Corruption is An Arc Enemy of Nigeria...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by kaen1317: 8:45am On Aug 09, 2018
Bcoz old things have passed away and you have now been baptized and washed clean of your sin in APC...selective justice in action

3 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by Sijo01(f): 8:45am On Aug 09, 2018
Lier, pant on fire.
Your decamping or rather pdp donating you to apc has washed your sins away.

3 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by thoollz: 8:46am On Aug 09, 2018
This 2 faced liar. Once u decamp to d ruling party, u r now a born again, we know that because we r not some dumb robots u can program with lies and expect to believe.

2 Likes

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by Yinxies(f): 8:47am On Aug 09, 2018
Because you are now with APC
Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by nely(m): 8:47am On Aug 09, 2018
Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by obaataaokpaewu: 8:47am On Aug 09, 2018
That's because Udom covered your butt throughout those periods you were in PDP. Now you turn around to witch-hunt him with EFCC by freezing the State account

1 Like

Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by israelmao(m): 8:48am On Aug 09, 2018
Akpabio did lot of projects while he was in office as a governor that one I know for sure.
Re: Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio by maestroferddi: 8:50am On Aug 09, 2018
He has not even sounding convincing spewing lies courtesy of his induction to the brotherhood of falsehood.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamilu Isyaku Gwamna Donates Marcopolo Bus For Buhari’s Campaign / We, Not FG, Developed Ebonyi – Umahi / Governor Yero Imposes 24 Hour Curfew In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.