Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! (77011 Views)

Traveling To Dubai With Virgin Passport / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) / Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by MrBONE2(m): 9:46am On Aug 10, 2018
TheGuyNextDoor:
Anything to escape Naija.... this thread will be flooded soon and turned to visa enquiry section.

My Naija people, I hail thee!!!!

I would rather remain in Africa grin

3 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Jonra(m): 9:46am On Aug 10, 2018
hustla:
Oh boy see crowd for this thread
Na like visiting visa e collect na grin

grin How did we get here again?
The Lebanese and Indians come for the treasures in our soil while many of us only see fruits in gardens afar

8 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Cyberknight: 9:46am On Aug 10, 2018
Vienna is a lovely city, small and compact, and well organised.
For those planning to go there, select a hotel near a transport hub for easy movement. I stayed at one just opposite the Hauptbahnhof and it made moving around easy. Direct access to the airport on CAT as well. Buy the Vienna card for free public transport for your stay, be sure to have a schnitzel at Cafe Landtmann, visit Belvedere Palace (Schonbrunn is always crowded) and enjoy what you can of the cafe culture since the weather is warm now.

I think the Austrians are not too difficult with visas because one can't go underground there, simply not as doable as it may be in places like the UK, Spain or France where our brothers abound. Easy to fish people out in Austria or the eastern European countries. Let's all respect the terms of visas when granted, and anyone who wishes to study will have to return first to request a study visa. No options for converting visiting visa into anything else.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by clems88(m): 9:47am On Aug 10, 2018
This op no try joor. Why will you just stop this interesting write-ups when I was just started to enjoy it. angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by debedebe(m): 9:47am On Aug 10, 2018
kenevision:
Flying To Austria

The first thing I did was to book my flight. My travel date was already close, barely 3 weeks away, so I needed to get my ticket urgently as the prices were soaring high. I still got KLM at 328K, return ticket. I also went for the Yellow Fever immunization, did mine at Port Health Lagos. I made payment of about N1000, took the injection and got the Yellow Fever card. It was a very fast and smooth process.

On the appointed day, I arrived early at International Airport Lagos. I got to the airport around 1pm for a 10pm flight. I heard people are not allowed to take edibles into the plane, so I branched to the buka and ate enough fufu and draw soup. I was ready for the long night ahead of me. cool

On entering the arrivals part of the airport, one woman who claimed to be from Quarantine dept rushed me and ordered me to park my Ghana must go bag one corner. She asked if I have foodstuffs inside and I answered in affirmative. She said I will bring 5K for searching, processing and quarantining my bag shocked . Aha aha, aunty I no carry dead body nah, small food stuff you want quarantine angry . All the grammar na for make I drop something. We started bargaining and arrived at 2k. I gave her the money and carried off my bags. I know my village people must looking for ways to ruin my trip or even cancel it entirely, but GOD pass them. grin

I queued up at the KLM check-in area. It was time for checking in and the queue was growing speedily. All my bags passed the allotted kg checks. I was checked in and directed towards the Entry gate.

Now I brought out my camera and the party started grin
congratulations brother,in this your case of invitation,if you wanted to reside or stay in Austria parmanetly as you know our country naija here is not a place to live,how can one do it over there not to come back again

2 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by hustla(m): 9:47am On Aug 10, 2018
Jonra:

The Lebanese and Indians come for the treasures in our soil while many only see fruits in gardens afar

Because we respect white people nd give them leverage we won't give the average Nigerian,that's why

I'll rather go for sure fruit in afar gardens than wait on one that's not sure

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by emmie14: 9:47am On Aug 10, 2018
You would have bought Turkish airways. They are on promo. Relatively cheaper like 200k economy.
And you can pay $20 to Turkish immigration and enter Istanbul -turkey and shop. Am also travelling to Vienna in matter of weeks. Am first going to Milan before Vienna.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by ACE1010: 9:48am On Aug 10, 2018
Imustreturn:
Baba God abeg help me oo make I share my diary also ooo..Amen
e

cheesy cheesy cheesy . Don't worry.. You will join the poster @ Austria!!

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by poseidon12: 9:49am On Aug 10, 2018
olujastro:
Your post was interesting until I read... "Guy, God don do am for you, no come back this country again".
Is that your plan, to not return on a visit visa? That'll be bad of you. It'll make it harder for other Nigerians to obtain visit visas to schengen.
In addition, Schengen is not the US, no hiding place in schengen. You better not try it. They'll find you and ban you for ten years.

I recommend you visit Budapest, Hungary if you have time. I was there two weeks ago. It's about 2.5hrs by bus from Vienna. You'll fall in love with it. I preferred it to Vienna by far.
It's built for tourism, super cheap and the Hungarian forint is like the naira.
Enjoy

It's not him that said that. It's another guy that he was chatting with.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Rexnegro(m): 9:49am On Aug 10, 2018
bro what's happening now , hope you are okay ....come post more of your experience pls.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by lordally(m): 9:50am On Aug 10, 2018
nnokwa042:
get in touch with me when you get to Vienna so I can show Vienna city

Bro since you succeeded to go to Austria!!! men how can I also male it to Austria too coa finance isn't my problem bro!!! at least I can take care of the flight , visa , and The rest!!!!! please I need your info bro!!
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by phollybee(m): 9:50am On Aug 10, 2018
Notatribalist:
i can help u get Estonia iv..but you will have to pay the fee like $400..let me know if you're ready, no mago mago
lolzz... I'm interested, but na permanent visa I dey haunt for... A country wey man hustle 'n make money... I can't face Buhari second term in office, it will be hell on earth

25 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Cyberknight: 9:51am On Aug 10, 2018
emmie14:
You would have bought Turkish airways. They are on promo. Relatively cheap like 200k economy.
And you can pay $20 to Turkish immigration and enter Istanbul -turkey and shop. Am also travelling to Vienna in matter of weeks. Am first going to Milan before Vienna.

The number of Turkish Airlines passengers fighting over lost luggage at MMIA can be discouraging. Also, I would much rather transit through Amsterdam or Paris than Istanbul. I prefer the white man's brand of racism to that of the Turks, Arabs or Indians.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by ooshinibos: 9:51am On Aug 10, 2018
Ugosample:

The same reason why Europeans left Europe to America and Africa to loot and cart resources back in the day

What you typed makes no sense at all.

Africa/Nigeria is neck deep in the ocean of ignorance and foolishness

The black folk who tried to effect a change is sabotaged by that same poor, ignorant and "deplorable" populace he is trying to save

So the smart, resourceful and smart ones are fleeing in their droves to climes where they will be more useful

That's just the truth.

Ignorance, wickedness, tribalism and barbarism that is prevalent in Africa is hindering the progress, and the frustrated ones leave

Now not all of Africa is barbaric, but a huge huge chunk is (60-70% in my conservative estimate)

Ugosample understand your pain but with all the talk and more talk ..we still have not produced the necessary economic power and respect in the world even though we have the resources do this , until we own up and actual admit something is missing then the change will happen . The problem with you Ugosample African-centric activist is that you talk too much and always blame the whites for taking away your wealth ( even though this happened years ago ) , the whites have gone now , guess what , you are still blaming them , most black nations have been given the so call independence but still they are still under developed and ravaging in untold poverty and unbelievable inability to make anything happen ...at the end of the day , the chinese and the jews suffered more than most African nations but they have managed to be self reliant and thrive ..I know the answer to your problem but I will not tell you today ..

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by poseidon12: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2018
dustydee:

Come on, he was just narrating what someone told him. No where in his write up did he suggest or appear to suggest that he isn't coming back. Your tone was unnecessary.

Exactly. A lot of people have problem with reading and comprehension.

3 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by val15: 9:55am On Aug 10, 2018
Nice experience
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Hector09(m): 9:56am On Aug 10, 2018
Following bro i envy u
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by ddddon(m): 9:56am On Aug 10, 2018
I like the sound of this. How do we hook up

Phinity318:
I have plans to visit 3 west African countries next year.. But I think it did be fun if we were in group.. Say NL'ders exploring Africa should be opened and then we can discuss logistics.. What say you?
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by emmie14: 9:56am On Aug 10, 2018
Cyberknight:

The number of Turkish Airlines passengers fighting over lost luggage at MMIA can be discouraging. Also, I would much rather transit through Amsterdam or Paris than Istanbul. I prefer the white man's brand of racism to that of the Turks, Arabs or Indians.
I am not aware of lost baggages. I have transited in Paris and being to Amsterdam and Rotterdam for 3months. Shopping in Turkey is incomparable.
Italy is good but could be much expansive
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Pancs(m): 9:56am On Aug 10, 2018
Nice one. How I wish it was a travel to Australia. My dream place of travel.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Jonra(m): 9:57am On Aug 10, 2018
hustla:

Because we respect white people nd give them leverage we won't give the average Nigerian,that's why

I'll rather go for sure fruit in afar gardens than wait on one that's not sure

Fair point brother hustla, it takes something special to brave migrating to a new land. But if a collective 'inferiority complex' is the issue here, how can it be ultimately disrupted?
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by lordally(m): 9:58am On Aug 10, 2018
DaddyGngeess:
Nice one bro, Austria is not an easy country oo, 99% of Nigerians there deal on drugs, pls don't join them ok, i have lived in Austria for many years, is all about fast money but sometimes is not really it, because u might end up loosing it..

Please kindly give me a step by step info on how to LEGALLY get into Austria abeg!!?? I have sincere dreams of travelling out and seeing the world...plsssss

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by lordally(m): 9:59am On Aug 10, 2018
lifestyle1:

He can register for a course and get a study visa.
What about that ?

Is that possible
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by lordally(m): 10:00am On Aug 10, 2018
olujastro:

No, he can't. Visit is visit and study is study. Two different things. He has to go back to naija and apply for a study visa before he can return.

Olu my boss...I guess ua ryt...but there can still be a LEGAL way around it!!!!
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by Cyberknight: 10:01am On Aug 10, 2018
lordally:

Please kindly give me a step by step info on how to LEGALLY get into Austria abeg!!?? I have sincere dreams of travelling out and seeing the world...plsssss

The only legal way open to some sort of residence is through a study permit or a work permit. Nigeria not being deemed a country in crisis Nigerians are not really eligible to claim asylum (if some parts of the country are in crisis, then residents can flee to the other parts of the country), so those are your options basically.

You also have the option of contracting a valid and genuine marriage with an Austrian citizen or an EU citizen exercising their rights of free movement and residing in Austria.

5 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by olujastro: 10:02am On Aug 10, 2018
MARKETfund:

Oh, been planning of doing my honeymoon in Budapest next year ever since I saw the city ad on CNN.
Like you said, it seem that city is built for tourism. Their largest public swimming pool comes to mind.
My fiancee wanted Paris (I love Paris too and we have someone there), but I want Hungary more.

Pls do you know any way I can get around it in terms of affordable accommodation, Invitation, etc?
Would love to get a help if you're in a position to offer. Thanks
If you have a steady income that shows you can fund your trip and will return to Nigeria, then you don't need an invitation.
For affordable accommodation, I use airbnb.com whenever I travel, to rent apartments that I stay in for that duration. It's cheaper and more convenient especially if you rent an entire apartment.
I've been to Paris as well but I don't know your preference in this case. Paris has lots of monuments to see but I enjoyed Budapest more.
If cost is a consideration, go to Budapest.
Or you can as well visit both before returning to Nigeria (if you can afford it) since schengen visa covers both countries.

5 Likes

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by poseidon12: 10:02am On Aug 10, 2018
Ugosample:

The same reason why Europeans left Europe to America and Africa to loot and cart resources back in the day

The black folk who tried to effect a change is sabotaged by that same poor, ignorant and "deplorable" populace he is trying to save

So the smart, resourceful and smart ones are fleeing in their droves to climes where they will be more useful

That's just the truth.

Ignorance, wickedness, tribalism and barbarism that is prevalent in Africa is hindering the progress, and the frustrated ones leave

Now not all of Africa is barbaric, but a huge huge chunk is (60-70% in my conservative estimate)

You are not making sense at all. Nigerians should believe in themselves and strive to develop their country instead of going out to constitute nuisance all over the world. And we should be serious about voting for the right leaders. Not voting based on sentiments and hoping to run out of the country when things get tough.
This does not mean that we should not travel for studies or vacation (after working hard for the money).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by dustydee: 10:05am On Aug 10, 2018
olujastro:

Yeah, I know. I was just disappointed that that's the first thing that comes to the mind of a typical Nigerian, his friend in this case.
Sure, and I understand what you mean. It's just that you were sternly warning the wrong person.

1 Like

Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by poseidon12: 10:05am On Aug 10, 2018
Jonra:

The Lebanese and Indians come for the treasures in our soil while many of us only see fruits in gardens afar

That's the black man for you. Always looking for already made places.
Re: Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! by lordally(m): 10:05am On Aug 10, 2018
Ugosample:

That's just the truth.

GUY YOU'RE AN EMBODIMENT OF WISDOM!!!!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories / See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / American Street Filled With Potholes You Don't See On TV (Photos & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.