Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed (15835 Views)

2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike / How Buhari Will Roundly Defeat Atiku In 2019 - Lai Mohammed / Fayose Won’t Run Away From Nigeria, Not Afraid Of EFCC - Lere Olayinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by afroniger: 8:26pm On Aug 09, 2018
Biola Azeez - Ilorin

A leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kwara State and minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has said that he will not run for any office in 2019 general elections, calling on members of the party to subordinate individual ambitions to collective efforts.

Speaking at a political summit organized by the party in Ilorin on Thursday, Alhaji Lai Mohammed charged people of the state to resolve to take their destiny into their own hands and take back what rightly belongs to them.

“And I can tell you that if we all remain united, we can’t and we won’t lose the looming battle for the survival of our dear state. All that is required is for us all to subordinate our individual ambitions to the collective efforts work to wrest our state from the hegemony of a set of people. On my own part, I can say here, without equivocating, that I won’t be running for any office during the forthcoming elections. For me, it is not about any clamour for office. It is about working with all like minds for the greater benefit of our people.

“Make no mistake about it, the battle ahead will be tough. No one with power will ever give it up easily. But the power of the people supersedes all powers. That’s why I am delighted and indeed encouraged, that the good people of our state, whether from the North, South or Central, are all united in their singular determination to rescue their state from the grinding poverty, monumental misgovernance and the general state of funk that has enveloped it.

“The fightback has already begun, in the form of blackmail and fake news. They say I do not like Ilorin people. But what they do not know is that no amount of cheap blackmail will deter us. The people of Ilorin should know who their friends are. I do not hate the good people of Ilorin. Perhaps many of you have forgotten that in 2011, I supported, on my platform, an indigene of Ilorin to run for the governorship of this state. Even when my kinsmen were not happy with my decision, I was undeterred. Even when the PDP sponsored someone from my own constituency, I insisted on the Ilorin candidate as a matter of principle, upon the conviction that that was what we needed to do at the time to effect the necessary change. For the blackmailers, it is convenient to forget that now.

“Also, one of my first duties as a Minister of the Federal Republic was to pick a candidate from each geopolitical zones to head some of the agencies under my ministry. For the North-Central, I was instrumental to the appointment of an Ilorin man as the Director-General of the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC). In a related development, when Prof. Raheem Oba, an Ilorin man, sought a second term at the Federal Character Commission, we know those who worked against him. They will do this and many more acts of blackmail to divide us, to drive a wedge between us. Don’t let us succumb to their antics.

“In this new dispensation, every Kwaran counts and will have a voice. The resources of Kwara will be used for the development of the state and its people. Never again will our people be turned to panhandlers, never again will our people be made to eat crumbs from the master’s table. We must become the masters of our own destiny”, Alhaji Lai Mohammed said.

Other speakers apart from Alhaji Lai Mohammed at the event also called on leaders of the party to find a measure to discourage disunity and acrimony that usually occur after party primaries by selecting qualified and winnable aspirants for 2019 general elections in the party.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/159083/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by ct2: 8:31pm On Aug 09, 2018
I dedicate this F.T.C to you sir Alhaji Lai Mohammed, when ever you contest God will give you victory.
ipob pigs are not always happy with anything good progressing in Nigeria.
only to spoil Nigeria image Abroad is their joy.
God is watching as there is no peace for the wicked
Sai baba

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by juniorboy(m): 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
Rubbish

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by ogundokun: 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by lizzybet(f): 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
Your full name is Olayiwola and you decided to shorten it to Lai (lie )
Now the implication is that people hardly take you seriously
We ar never sure truth will ever come from your mouth

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by BigSarah(f): 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
We need your level of professionalism in other sections of this great country, sir please have a rethink for the sake of the good people of this country grin.

People are hitting it big time and you're busy complaining about buhari,
Wake up this government like the previous government has created conducive environment for Nigerians to thrive arise and hustle compatriots!

Meanwhile,
Help this undergraduate Stay in business, check signature for more info

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
I will wait and see....
Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by TheAngry1: 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
Coming from Lie Mohammed, we will have to wait till 2020 to confirm grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by adioolayi(m): 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
Wetin you for run for Governor, Senator or President cheesy grin grin grin grin This man is a clown

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by Savagedguy(m): 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
How are we to believe you, when your name says it all "LAI."

9 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by NuclearWinter: 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
This one that has never won any election in his life

35 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by Lexusgs430: 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2018
He does not need to run , he would be appointed ..... Lai can Lie .....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by bedspread: 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Who will Elect you?

LAI Mohammed has been in Lagos Politics all his life...

Commissioner of information under Tinubu

Mouth piece of Action Congress in Lagos...

His Son is A Member of the Lagos State house of assembly Representing Ikeja...

I don't think he is known in Kwara State..

36 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by 3millionia: 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
if na joke better stop it

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by afroniger: 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
It is better he doesn't run, and instead allow a formidable candidate that can give PDP a run for their money. The APC governorship ticket will be very competitive.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by luckysmills: 8:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Who will vote you for any office? Even if na councillor.

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by yjgm(m): 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
I love the new Lai Mohammed. He's taking the bull by the horn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by pauljumbo: 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
Minister of information is that not political office
Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by NuclearWinter: 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
adioolayi:
Wetin you for run for Governor, Senator or President cheesy grin grin grin grin This man is a clown

He has contested twice and lost to Saraki

Even if he goes for ward councillor, Saraki will never let him win.

8 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by Chileads(m): 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
Because you enjoy your lying position.
Chief liar .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by damola1: 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
Baba politics is local. Saraki go dust you back to back

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by sunnymart(m): 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
chai!!!!!!!! this man don't have any more lies to tell in 2019,all his lies has finish.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by zoedew: 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2018
Please do! #zeroheronoelectoralvalueinlies

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by Bossontop(m): 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
Wait......... lie lai mohammed??......political office??.....lol

[img]https://media1./images/630966f2d729c9c66a9bd25fda8cf4a0/tenor.gif?itemid=4728060[/img]

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by gladisa7: 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
Yea you need to go hide / invest the monies you have stolen..then comeback with your ugly face.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by deebsman1(m): 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
Nice, with this there's equal chance for all the candidates vying to be next Kwara guber on APC platform. APC should please just adopt the direct primaries option and the best candidate should emerge so we can all bid good farewell to Bukothief Saraki with stones come 2019

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by Edu3Again: 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
Even Liar Mohammed dey consider running, world don finish!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by kirkwood: 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
fdv
Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by bloodykiller: 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
grin
because you know that your electoral value in kwara is 0%

someone is afraid of omo baba oloye grin

Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond
Osibanjo is a vagabond puppet and a Hopless bastard vagabond Useless nonentity bribe eating scumbag fake pastor
Buhari is a criminal terrorist
kiss the truth

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed by HypocriticalMod: 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2018
grin believe him and i will be disappointed in you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra: Lawyer Seeks Prosecution Of Sen Abaribe, Fani-kayode, Others / President Buhari Orders Import Waivers For 3 Modular Refineries / Amnesty International Blames Police For Bloody Shi'ites Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.