Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike (18401 Views)

Wike Blasts Obi: You can be the best Economist, but you don't have character / I Won’t Run For Political Office In 2019 ― Lai Mohammed / Fayose Won’t Run Away From Nigeria, Not Afraid Of EFCC - Lere Olayinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Supremos: 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSMcWaYDsY8?si=E_iOONEEL3Tr-pDW

2027: I have character, I won’t run against Tinubu — Wike
• Declares NIN, BVN as requirement to acquire land in Abuja

by Lawrence Bajah November 24, 2023 Reading Time: 4 mins read

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Barrister Nyesome Wike, has said he has character and will therefore not contest for president come 2027 against President Bola Tinubu.

Wike disclosed this during a media parley on Friday in Abuja, when he reiterated his commitment to the success of the Tinubu administration, even as he explained that the quest for justice was the key reason he and the G5 group of governors supported the presidential ambitions of Tinubu.

The minister noted that, having worked for the emergence of Tinubu as president and having been made minister of FCT, nothing would make him contest against the president in 2027.

00:35 / 03:03

He said, “Tinubu made me minister; people don’t understand; I have character. What will happen in 2027? I stood, and I said I’m not going to support injustice. I was threatened that they would do this and that. They tried many options, including using major generals.”

Asked for an update on his face-off with Governor Sim Fubara of Rivers State, Wike, who initially said he didn’t want to talk about the matter, later declared:

“Give a man power and money; that is when you will know the person. If you have not given manpower and money, don’t say you know the person.”

“He may be your friend; he may be your son, sister, mother, or father. I don’t want to go into that,” he stated.

He lamented that Fubara could seek to destroy the structure that produced him as governor just three months after his emergence as governor.

“In three months, it is sad for someone to scatter a political structure that supports and brings you up.
You know what is painful? All these allegations make me smile.

Who and who sat with him? In all your doings, be grateful for your life, no matter the circumstance. Nobody who is a gentleman and a politician will support this kind of thing.”

On his achievements as governor of Rivers State, Wike said, “I was paying pensioner’s gratuities every month, which were not paid by my predecessor. I took River State to the level where you cannot discuss politics in Nigeria without River State.

“I was an ordinary minister when I became governor. I challenged the sitting governor, and I defeated his candidate. I worked hard.”

On the new requirements for the acquisition of land in the Federal Capital Territory, particularly the introduction of the National Identity Number (NIN) and Biometric Verification Number (BVN) to the Certificate of Occupancy (C of O), the minister said the new features were for security and revenue generation.

Wike also disclosed that existing landowners in the capital must get recertification to incorporate these new features.

“There are a lot of discrepancies, a lot of cloning of C-of-Os, so we have come up with the idea that every allottee who seeks and applies for a C-of-O must supply his NIN; this is one of the features we are going to put in the new C-of-O,” he said.

“If a corporate body doesn’t have an NIN and they have property, they must put their BVN. So many people have not registered, and this will make them go and re-register.”

Addressing the issue of existing landlords with C-of-Os, Wike stated that they would only be required to pay a nominal fee for recertification.

“For everyone who has a C-of-O, they will come for a recertification, so that we can incorporate the NIN or BVN,” he said.

“Those who had a C-of-O before don’t need to pay money again; the highest they can pay is N50,000, and corporate bodies will pay N100,000. It helps in terms of security; it also helps to improve our revenue generation.”

“There are people who own seven properties, so this will identify them so they can pay taxes.”

Wike further stated that other benefits of this initiative include accurately identifying property owners for tax purposes.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/2027-i-have-character-i-wont-run-against-tinubu-wike/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Supremos: 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2023
More photos.

Dear Nairalanders, all we ask God for is life, we will be here to remember this post.

4 Likes

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Thundafireseun: 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2023
Hate him or love him

President Tinubu is still the best in the craft of politics

48 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by CoronaVirusPro: 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wike is a man of his words!

A dogged and competent type!

A rare gem of the 21st century.

Why people must always respect and honor His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR). He is a perfectionist with discovering the best, and same time, enhancing their skills and political reputation.

Never a time has Earth witnessed a kind like Asiwaju, and its glaring he will be the first and last political demigod.

69 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by okoro: 7:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
Tinubu till 2031

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by ganisucks(f): 7:42pm On Nov 24, 2023
Even a new born baby won't believe this ridiculous lie. His plans are well known to all and sundry. After the ridiculous stunt he pulled in February, he can forget about Aso Rock. He will never be president, period. Even VP is completely out of the question. He should just enjoy his short vacation at the FCT ministry before he becomes a week to week visitor at the EFCC. He should familiarise himself with the blueprints of the EFCC office, because in 2028 he will be a regular visitor at their office. Dundee United.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by ganisucks(f): 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Wike is a man of his words!

A dogged and competent type!

A rare gem of 21st century.

Why people must always respect and honor His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR). He is a perfectionist with discovering the best, and same time, enhancing their skills and political reputation.

Never a time has Earth witnessed a kind like Asiwaju, and its glaring he will be the first and last political demigod.

The Ikwere clown is a buffoon and a clown. Facts first.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by brain54(m): 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2023
Hate him or love him…

Wike keeps his words!

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by SyrusdeHansome(m): 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
I can never trust anybody that has Wike`s character. He`s so self centered

40 Likes

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Nazgul: 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wike said worse things about Buhari and APC. Today he's romancing them.

Wike is like a man begging a woman for sex. He would promise her heaven and Earth only to go back on his word after releasing.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by phemmie06(m): 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
Show me a politician with character in this century and I will shoe you a lion 🦁 that eat grass and lay eggs 🥚

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by id4sho(m): 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
Only if atiku won, na exile u for dey tongue

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by ggood: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
Who take this ogogoro man serious, Wike is a snake , you can't win election in Nigeria the north and south South south east will never vote for you,

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Odogwuzack: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
If the relationship between Wike and Tinubu keep going this way, I can confidently say Wike will be the next Southern President.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Pristine664: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wike is smart. He knows Tinubu can end him patapata. grin

10 Likes

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wike talks too much! Kia I don’t like it undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Blaze14k: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
Lol.. rule no1 never ever trust what wike says

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by LegendHero(m): 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wike my man. Our own emperor.

However aside respect, you cannot even run against Tinubu because Jagaban is bigger than any politician currently in Nigeria.

To run against him with his federal power is like running against time itself.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by sleek214(m): 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
Fool

1 Like

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Pristine664: 7:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
ganisucks:
Even a new born baby won't believe this ridiculous lie. His plans are well known to all and sundry. After the ridiculous stunt he pulled in February, he can forget about Aso Rock. He will never be president, period. Even VP is completely out of the question. He should just enjoy his short vacation at the FCT ministry before he becomes a week to week visitor at the EFCC. He should familiarise himself with the blueprints of the EFCC office, because in 2028 he will be a regular visitor at their office. Dundee United.

Lol Wike knows who his boss is, he won't like to retire politically so early.

Tinubu is nobody's mate.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by KarlWhyte(m): 7:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
hmm
Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Flame333: 7:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
An electoral fraudster speaking

8 Likes

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Skillsnigeria: 7:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
grin where will you see vote

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by DaddyYankee: 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
Obidients thieves won't like this! Tinubu Till 2031

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Telltruth123: 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
For a politician to have good character, is very scarce.

Nigeria is underdeveloped because of lack of good characters among the government officials.

1 Like

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Afamsi: 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
Drunken master is talking about character. What an irony

1 Like

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by ipobarecriminals: 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
cool Eruku Mekaniki grin grin grin cheesy. Obi was very happy wen he visited Wike.Baba don think say he don win the election grin. Orton,ikpeazu mumu nor be here grin grin grin cheesy grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by BrickDevo: 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
Push it to our faces, make corruption seem good, so people will idolise corrupt politicians and want to be like them
Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Isobug: 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
Forget those yeye political jobbers above, they are just after their monthly crumbs. Anybody that trust you is a Con man. You said APC is a cancer but dinning and winning with cancer.
In 2027, when they bring up this your comment now, you will be denying it or saying they quoted you out of context

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike by Kingozymandias(m): 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
Damn!! It's not good for a man to talk to too🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 when you talk too much as a man you become a joke and seem very ignorant 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Like alot of boy men on this forum!! Learn from this dude and stop thinking everyone wants to know your opinion on every political thing that happens in Nigeria.

Learn to read threads and get out. You see them commenting and telling you their opinion as if it cures cancer. Bunch of foolish talkatives 🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Funded 422 Persons: Presidency Lists Takeaways From COP28 / Did Ghana Actually Killed All There Top Leaders Before Witnessing Development / Seized Weapons From Maiduguri. Pictures!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.