Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,288 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? (13034 Views)

How Much Do You Spend On Car Fuel Weekly / Is Car Fuel Saver Really Economical? / 5 Common Signs Of A Failing Car Fuel Pump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by remi4ever(m): 8:49am On Aug 10, 2023
I drive an accord type 6 2006. 4 cycl.

This Monday I bought a fuel worth 10k, about 16ltrs, after driving about 25km while the reserve light was on, thus, I've eaten deep into the reserve.

I have driven to the office thrice and now on my odometer, I have a reading of 47miles when my reserve light came on.

If I calculate by this, it means I have done 75.6km, there are no heavy traffic on my route, so IMO this is a very high mileage.

I'm pretty sure the car will still take me back home and back to the office again which is a total of 38km, My car is on an open loop system.

My question is, do you calculate your fuel consumption like this or you do your maths when your tank is completely empty?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by jeromestarks: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2023
Calculate what?

I only know that the fuel don't last once there's a non virgin in the car because I have to power the A.C due to the foul smell of the over used pvssy.

But with a virgin in the car and the windows up, moving at 110km/hr, my fuel lasts.

Avoid non virgin at all cost or train another man's child.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by mejai(m): 9:55am On Aug 10, 2023
jeromestarks:
Calculate what?

I only know that the fuel don't last once there's a non virgin in the car because I have to power the A.C due to the foul smell of the over used pvssy.

But with a virgin in the car and the windows up, moving at 110km/hr, my fuel lasts.

Angrygoat sort this guy out. Which Kain thing b this? grin

Poster, scan ur car abi dey don delete ur check engine light?

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by Conner44: 11:31am On Aug 10, 2023
remi4ever:

My car is on an open loop system.

Don’t bother calculating, your mpg will definitely be thrash undecided
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by slawomir: 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Me nor get time for all those calculations things

If I fit buy fuel then I drive

If the fuel finish I park the car for one side...all I know say na about 71 litres of 42 thousand naira dey filll my lexus Es 350 to the brim....I mean filled to the mouth

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by gameova(m): 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2023
Waiting for car owners

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by YeyeGbami: 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2023
I get around 100KM from 10Ltrs. If you step on your gas pedal anyhow, your fuel go japa anyhow

28 Likes

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by osejie17(m): 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2023
Story, Just full your tank, your fuel meter is dere to tell you and the distance covered.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by GreatAutos(m): 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2023
Do you calculate fuel ⛽️ before?

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by Skillsnigeria: 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2023
Hmmm
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by Caspry5: 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2023
You people are still driving cars??

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by Yoighaman(m): 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2023
@OP: Calculate what? Fuel? You better bind and cast away the spirit of poverty from your life smiley

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by RapistOnBail: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
jeromestarks:
Calculate what?

Omo.... Wetin the sisters do you?

They are good people..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by TTPAAR(m): 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
Buy ur fuel in gallons.

U go know after e finish. 😏

1 Like

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by paymentvoucher: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
We have plenty petrol stations that their fuel burn very fast in ABUJA. There is this fuel station (AFDIN) on your way to Kubwa after AA-Rano, I don't know what they pour in their fuel or where they usually get their fuel but trust me it doesn't consume fast like others.

If I full my tank to the brim, I can use it for days before it comes down to the F sign. But they don't sell fuel regularly. Whenever I see the place open, I buy full tank straight...
embarassed embarassed embarassed

22 Likes

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by ecolime(m): 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
People living in Traffic prone states like Lagos no fit calculate oo. Only upcountry states.

Nothing like chilling and making private calls for hours in the car again. Even Google map na my best friend now. Lol

BAT, you do this one cry

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by ify84(m): 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
I don calculate this tire. Na stress. Besides, with bad fuel everywhere, you can't really calculate this precisely. Just be managing your movements.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by iCauseTrouble: 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2023
angry
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by wittywriter: 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2023
Nigerians Masses are going through a lot.

Wittyness
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by ComputerOperato: 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2023
I no dey calculate anything.
I sha buy full tank and I have been driving it for some days now and the fuel guage never drop.

Buy full tank if you can afford it.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by Tchalalala(m): 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
Big one
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by meum: 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
Full tank then total distance covered at half tank

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by oyeb15: 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2023
1 Litre per 5 miles. But when fuel is still red and good around 3years ago is 1 litre per 10km.

Nowadays, bad fuel constantly affects my injector nusle coupled with incorrect fuel station Guage. I have to buy 2litres for 5miles ie 8km now.

Courtesy of Dr Ebola Emilokan ECOWAS freak.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by Rubyjade: 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2023
wink
Fuel saver read about snake oil to get your answer but in all it doesn't work.

Injector cleaner is used to clean injectors but rarely recommended because it mostly does more harm than good, injectors are cleaned using water bathe, more effective.

Octane booster is the only genuine one I know and only for cars with premium fuel required tot recommended.

REQUIREd means it's a must and engine may fail if something else is used

RECOMMENDED means can use non premium fuel won't fail but won't give the optimum operation.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by envoymedia: 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ii
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by bigdammyj: 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2023
By kilometer covered.
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by MrAmaechi(m): 12:50pm On Aug 10, 2023
This post is not about Fuel

QED
remi4ever:
I drive an accord type 6 2006. 4 cycl.

This Monday I bought a fuel worth 10k, about 16ltrs, after driving about 25km while the reserve light was on, thus, I've eaten deep into the reserve.

I have driven to the office thrice and now on my odometer, I have a reading of 47miles when my reserve light came on.

If I calculate by this, it means I have done 75.6km, there are no heavy traffic on my route, so IMO this is a very high mileage.

I'm pretty sure the car will still take me back home and back to the office again which is a total of 38km, My car is on an open loop system.

My question is, do you calculate your fuel consumption like this or you do your maths when your tank is completely empty?
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by Menclothing: 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2023
1 lit per 5km

clothing all sizes pod
Re: How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption? by lexy2014: 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2023
jeromestarks:
Calculate what?

Are you a virgin?

If you aren't a virgin, it means that the fuel don't last once there's a non virgin in the car because you have to power the A.C due to the foul smell of your over used diick.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hi‑Tech Car Thieves / Signs Of A Bad Catalytic Converter / Police Launch An Online Portal For Reporting Stolen Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.