Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Men Who Are Sweet - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Who Are Sweet (3475 Views)

Poll: How do you guard your heart?

If I trust someone, I will let them in, I think they deserve to know how I'm feeling.: 41% (15 votes)
If I trust someone, I will let them know how I feel but never let them sway me, I rarely like to show my emotions.: 41% (15 votes)
If I trust someone, I will make it very difficult for them to get in. I don't like to show my emotions.: 5% (2 votes)
I let nobody in.: 11% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Lagos Girls Are Sweet! / TEN Types Of Men Who Will Cheat On You No Matter What [must Read For Ladies] / Stolen Waters Are Sweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Who Are Sweet by topup: 3:41am On Jun 22, 2010
Hey House!!

I hold the opinion that the best man for me is a sweetheart, strong in decision making, financial and career wise, but very soft when it comes to matters of the heart.

I'm not talking about a momma's boy or a cry baby - there is a difference!!

I am talking about a man who is in control of his emotions, but has emotions to control in the first place
tongue

However I am not sure if any men want to be like this at all.

Check out the poll.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 3:43am On Jun 22, 2010
Haha, you're in the minority.
Most ladies like 'em tough cheesy
Am I wrong, ladies?
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by topup: 3:45am On Jun 22, 2010
Faher:

Haha, you're in the minority.
Most ladies like 'em tough cheesy
Am I wrong, ladies?

What would be your definition of tough?

I know a lot of my friends have a no - tear rule, not crying - TEAR!! Not now, not ever, not on the wedding day, not ever.

They believe men shouldn't have tears.

But I. .  lol, want a human being not a robot, and I want the truth, and not a man who straightens himself and puts on a front just to address me.

There is something very fascinating and alluring about a man who is composed, but on rare occasions, you see him be human, and feel the way I do. If he never cried, I would not be able to differentiate between levels of pain, and I prefer implosive than explosive. I don't like men who shout "I SAID I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!!" - not a good point for me. I would prefer the strong silent type tongue

(I wish to modify the poll to make option 2 and 3 the same option - but I guess the totals will just be added together - they are basically the same idea).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by madlady(f): 3:50am On Jun 22, 2010
Faher:

Ha ha, you're in the minority.
Most ladies like EM tough cheesy
Am I wrong, ladies?

Correct, your wrong. I hate tough guys.

Give me a soft hearted guy any day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 3:52am On Jun 22, 2010
topup:

What would be your definition of tough?

I know a lot of my friends have a no - tear rule, not crying - TEAR!! Not now, not ever, not on the wedding day, not ever.

They believe men shouldn't have tears.

But I. .  lol, want a human being not a robot, and I want the truth, and not a man who straightens himself and puts on a front just to address me.

There is something very fascinating and alluring about a man who is composed, but on rare occasions, you see him be human, and feel the way I do. If he never cried, I would not be able to differentiate between levels of pain, and I prefer implosive than explosive. I don't like men who shout "I SAID I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!!" - not a good point for me. I would prefer the strong silent type tongue

(I wish to modify the poll to make option 2 and 3 the same option - but I guess the totals will just be added together - they are basically the same idea).

madlady:

Correct, your wrong. I hate tough guys.

Give me a soft hearted guy any day.

Well, it's nice to see your type for a change. I'm not bashing you, I'm just stating the norm.
There are still many soft guys around though, so you'll find one for sure.

Me, I've been hardened by my experiences in life and with women. I'd love to shed a tear every now and then but I simply can't cry no matter the situation (except in extreme physical pain).
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Carolece(f): 3:53am On Jun 22, 2010
I like a guy who is not afraid to show his emotions.

If I laugh, he laughs with me.
If I cry, he crys with me.

I want a man who is not afraid to express by words and back it up with actions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 3:57am On Jun 22, 2010
Wow, this is turning out to be one of those threads where ladies claim one thing and do the opposite in the real world.

It's common to hear ladies say that a soft guy is a no-no because they want a guy who is tough and can make them feel secure.

so why all the forming here? cheesy
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by madlady(f): 3:58am On Jun 22, 2010
Faher:

Well, it's nice to see your type for a change. I'm not bashing you, I'm just stating the norm.
There are still many soft guys around though, so you'll find one for sure.

Me, I've been hardened by my experiences in life and with women. I'd love to shed a tear every now and then but I simply can't cry no matter the situation (except in extreme physical pain).

I understand your stance and at least you do not pretend to be soft. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 3:59am On Jun 22, 2010
Carolece:

I like a guy who is not afraid to show his emotions.

If I laugh, he laughs with me.
If I cry, he crys with me.

I want a man who is not afraid to express by words and back it up with actions.

Haha, really? Ladies like guys to cry with them? This is a first. cheesy
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Carolece(f): 4:02am On Jun 22, 2010
Faher:

Haha, really? Ladies like guys to cry with them? This is a first. cheesy

So you dont cry? What if there's a situation where you had to be there for your wife/gf and it is so solemn that she's crying you would laugh while she's crying?
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 4:07am On Jun 22, 2010
Carolece:

So you dont cry? What if there's a situation where you had to be there for your wife/gf and it is so solemn that she's crying you would laugh while she's crying?

Honestly, this is beginning to crack me up, haha.

Of course, I won't laugh at her.
I'll just say sweet words to her and soothe her so she feels comfortable to cry and let everything out.
But cry with her? no f3king way!!!
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Carolece(f): 4:13am On Jun 22, 2010
Faher:

Honestly, this is beginning to crack me up, haha.

Of course, I won't laugh at her.
I'll just say sweet words to her and soothe her so she feels comfortable to cry and let everything out.
But cry with her? no f3king way!!!
Quite interesting! That is why I PICK, CHOOSE AND REFUSE! Good and compatible men are very very very very very rare. Did I say very?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 4:14am On Jun 22, 2010
^^^ fantastic. Good for you cheesy
My type of women are very very rare too grin

Btw, the type of men you described are not rare at all
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by stilphunky: 4:17am On Jun 22, 2010
a soft hearted guy in issues of the heart tends to be soft hearted to certain degree in other areas.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Carolece(f): 4:21am On Jun 22, 2010
Faher:

^^^ fantastic. Good for you cheesy
My type of women are very very rare too grin

Btw, the type of men you described are not rare at all

Why did you change your post. See, you have alot of issues. Coward. Stay in your make belief world. I am over in the real world, one day you will get over here, hope it wont be too late though. You need to wake up and smell the damn coffee.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 4:24am On Jun 22, 2010
Carolece:

Why did you change your post. See, you have alot of issues. Coward. Stay in your make belief world. I am over in the real world, one day you will get over here, hope it wont be too late though. You need to wake up and smell the damn coffee.

This is what happens when one argues with an immature person. They start attacking you personally, Haha. cheesy
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by topup: 4:26am On Jun 22, 2010
Faher:

Wow, this is turning out to be one of those threads where ladies claim one thing and do the opposite in the real world.

It's common to hear ladies say that a soft guy is a no-no because they want a guy who is tough and can make them feel secure.

so why all the forming here? cheesy

No we're not forming!! Typically, with no insult intended, the louder more brash ladies, need more agressive and louder and macho guys, whilst more sensitive ladies, find a deep and strong type very attractive.

You will find in my group of friends, my most insecure friends shouting that they want macho guys, whilst my quieter mroe reserved friends saying that they like sensitive guys, but beware, a lot of insecure ladies like gentle guys too, because they'll be gentle with them.

Do not believe that there is just ONE view.

I'm tired of guys saying being BIG and BULKY is what women want.

Find what you're woman wants, but most of all be what you want!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 4:28am On Jun 22, 2010
^^^ Nice analysis smiley
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Carolece(f): 4:30am On Jun 22, 2010
Faher:

This is what happens when one argues with an immature person. They start attacking you personally, Haha. cheesy

Heard that punchline already, try something else buddy. Thats all you had? Coward!
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by topup: 4:31am On Jun 22, 2010
stilphunky:

a soft hearted guy in issues of the heart tends to be soft hearted to certain degree in other areas.

Aaah and that's were particular preference comes in, and also complexity. Don't mistake issues of the heart, with anything that could casually make a guy feel something. Issues of the heart mean deep, important, issues, not just "Honey the car ran out of petrol" *sob*

But like deaths, if *God forbid* a child of yours died, and you cried by yourself, or if you almost died.

I am not saying buckets of tears, but we have tears, I have a younger brother, he has mastered the art of masking his emotions, and finding out where I stand with him and what I do that really gets to him is a lot more difficult.

It seems these days men suffer more consequences for shedding a tear or two.

But for me, there is nothing more honest than a tear, especially from a sincere guy. On my wedding day, if my guy does shed a tear from the happiest day of his (and my) life, believe me I will not punish him!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Carolece(f): 4:32am On Jun 22, 2010
topup:

No we're not forming!! Typically, with no insult intended, the louder more brash ladies, need more agressive and louder and macho guys, whilst more sensitive ladies, find a deep and strong type very attractive.

You will find in my group of friends, my most insecure friends shouting that they want macho guys, whilst my quieter mroe reserved friends saying that they like sensitive guys, but beware, a lot of insecure ladies like gentle guys too, because they'll be gentle with them.

Do not believe that there is just ONE view.

I'm tired of guys saying being BIG and BULKY is what women want.

Find what you're woman wants, but most of all be what you want!!

I think it would serve them best if they be what they really [B]ARE[/B]
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 4:32am On Jun 22, 2010
Carolece:

Heard that punchline already, try something else buddy. Thats all you had? Coward!

Well 'coward' is the most overused word by ladies when they want to attack guys.
Why am i not surprised? cheesy
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by topup: 4:33am On Jun 22, 2010
Carolece:

Sorry but yes, this is off-topic - though I did not read the initial post that was supposedly changed.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by topup: 4:34am On Jun 22, 2010
No derailing please!!
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by topup: 4:35am On Jun 22, 2010
Carolece:

I think it would serve them best if they be what they really [B]ARE[/B]

Where's the challenge in that?? Not a lot of people are where they want to be, leaving many women the false hope of 'changing a guy into a better man'.

I get what you mean though - if you're referring to people pretending, but I'm talking about aiming for better.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Carolece(f): 4:39am On Jun 22, 2010
topup:

Where's the challenge in that?? Not a lot of people are where they want to be, leaving many women the false hope of 'changing a guy into a better man'.

I get what you mean though - if you're referring to people pretending, but I'm talking about aiming for better.

Sorry re: derailing. My bad.

I get you on your last statement, but most times, if one doesnt know who they are, its difficult for them to know what they want.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 4:44am On Jun 22, 2010
Glad to see we're back on track grin
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Nobody: 4:46am On Jun 22, 2010
I like a tough guy who handles me softly when I need a shoulder. In other words,
a manly guy with feelings.
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Pweety4me(f): 4:47am On Jun 22, 2010
rokiatu:

I like a tough guy who handles me softly when I need a shoulder. In other words,

Amen. . .hehe smiley
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by topup: 4:58am On Jun 22, 2010
rokiatu:

Hmmm, hit it right on the head of the nail!!
Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Pweety4me(f): 5:02am On Jun 22, 2010
@topup i totally get yu. . .but many guys don't know how 2 work wif women i dunno whether it's there upbringing or they r just nieve

But me o i no like crying guy sha. . .
undecided embarassed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men Who Are Sweet by Faher(m): 5:05am On Jun 22, 2010
^^^ Well, that has been my point all along wink
A guy needs to be tough and caring. But to cry? No-no

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things Girls Want But Won’t Ask For It / My Fiance Birthday Is Near, Wat Gift Should I Buy For Him / Your View About Girls That Wear Waist Beads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.