Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend (829 Views)

What Are The Disadvantages Of Dating Your Neighbor? / Reasons Why You Might Want To Consider Dating/ Marry A Chinese Woman / My Girlfriend Doesn't Consider Dating As Cheating... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend by Mizk(f): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2018

Alot of people feel dating your bestie is a time bomb waiting to explode and there is no way you come out of it unscathed, of course they are complications, people change, someone who is caring can become mean and unpredictable, but that doesn't mean it can't be one of the best decisions you ever made, you might think i can't date him he's my "best friend" that is just a label, you have history so changing your perception about him would change the way you feel, for someone to be your best and closest friend, they must be qualities that endeared him or her to you, the catch is how much they know you, you should take a leap of faith for the following reasons,

Your friend already knows your character and habbits, good or bad, they don't have to put up with it or tolerate it, they chosed you the way you are, with your flaws and bad habits, they have seen you at your best and your worst, and they're in a better position to help you through whatever you're going through.

They know what you want in a relationship, since you trust them to a certain level, you're bound to talk to them about your relationship, sex life, kind of partner, an observant friend who is interested in you will make it a mental note to avoid all your dislikes and refrain from making the mistakes your ex-partner made.

They know how to cheer you up more than anyone except family, since they have been through trying times with you, and they know what makes you happy.

They already value you as a friend, and won't mess around when you're more than a friend because they're scared of loosing you

For you to be best friends with someone you must
Have alot in common, including intrests, when your intrest align with someone else, your friendship never get boring, the spark will always be there and you won't get weary of each other, this is not the same when it comes to someone you just met, interests might differ.

You dont choose your bestfriend, it just happens, what more is sweeter than dating someone who isn't family but feel like family? They're closer to being your partner than any stranger you hope to meet

You enjoy their company and are within your comfort zone, they have been the shoulder you cried on, they were always there.

They know your family and you know thiers, and if they don't like him or hanging with you they'll tell you to stop being friends, but if they're cool with it, they'll be more than happy when you become more than friends.

So instead of thinking too much about how its going to ruin your friendship and how sex changes everything, concentrate on the advantages which outweigh the disadvantages.

1 Like

Re: Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend by Bluezy13(m): 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2018
Sometimes the emotional attachment called love that exists between opposite parties may alter character.

One can not love one's besty the same way one loves one's girl/boy friend.
When you convert the besty to lover, it to a large extent becomes uninterestingly sour.

Only about 20% of besties become couples in life. (Note: Personal observation)

1 Like

Re: Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend by Mizk(f): 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2018
Bluezy13:
Sometimes the emotional attachment called love that exists between opposite parties may alter character.

One can not love one's besty the same way one loves one's girl/boy friend.
When you convert the besty to lover, it to a large extent becomes uninterestingly sour.

Only about 20% of besties become couples in life.
About 20%? This statistic is based on which study?
Re: Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend by Bluezy13(m): 6:59pm On Aug 10, 2018
Mizk:
About 20%? This statistic is based on which study?

Pardon my unreferenced statistical estimation. It is strictly personal observation. I have modified it.
Re: Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend by briefcase5: 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
Only the wise ones will choose to marry their best friend...
But wait...
Hav u gotten ur PVC, remember No pooling unit here on nairaland ooo

1 Like

Re: Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend by Mizk(f): 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2018
Bluezy13:

Pardon my unreferenced statistical estimation. It is strictly personal observation. I have modified it.
Your personal observation is wrong though
Re: Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend by Bluezy13(m): 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
Mizk:
Your personal observation is wrong though

It is your thread.

It is your writeup.

It is your opinion.

What right do I have to counter it??

I can go create my own thread and be opinionated too if I seek people's approval of my view, rather than counter it.

So it is okay by me, if you insubstantially falsify it.
Re: Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend by chiommy123(f): 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2018
I think its best you date your best friend cos you guys will click better
Re: Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend by Bluezy13(m): 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
briefcase5:
Only the wise ones will choose to marry their best friend...

But wait...

Hav u gotten ur PVC, remember No pooling unit here on nairaland ooo

Hehehe...

Apparently, you just got yours cheesy

The same way I felt like campaigning when I got mine about 4 months ago.
Re: Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend by IamPlato(m): 8:04pm On Aug 10, 2018

Please What Is The Bone Of Contention of That Long Story Up There
Re: Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend by modik(m): 9:25am On Aug 22, 2018
Mizk:

Alot of people feel dating your bestie is a time bomb waiting to explode and there is no way you come out of it unscathed, of course they are complications, people change, someone who is caring can become mean and unpredictable, but that doesn't mean it can't be one of the best decisions you ever made, you might think i can't date him he's my "best friend" that is just a label, you have history so changing your perception about him would change the way you feel, for someone to be your best and closest friend, they must be qualities that endeared him or her to you, the catch is how much they know you, you should take a leap of faith for the following reasons,

Your friend already knows your character and habbits, good or bad, they don't have to put up with it or tolerate it, they chosed you the way you are, with your flaws and bad habits, they have seen you at your best and your worst, and they're in a better position to help you through whatever you're going through.

They know what you want in a relationship, since you trust them to a certain level, you're bound to talk to them about your relationship, sex life, kind of partner, an observant friend who is interested in you will make it a mental note to avoid all your dislikes and refrain from making the mistakes your ex-partner made.

They know how to cheer you up more than anyone except family, since they have been through trying times with you, and they know what makes you happy.

They already value you as a friend, and won't mess around when you're more than a friend because they're scared of loosing you

Have alot in common, including intrests, when your intrest align with someone else, your friendship never get boring, the spark will always be there and you won't get weary of each other, this is not the same when it comes to someone you just met, interests might differ.

You dont choose your bestfriend, it just happens, what more is sweeter than dating someone who isn't family but feel like family? They're closer to being your partner than any stranger you hope to meet

You enjoy their company and are within your comfort zone, they have been the shoulder you cried on, they were always there.

They know your family and you know thiers, and if they don't like him or hanging with you they'll tell you to stop being friends, but if they're cool with it, they'll be more than happy when you become more than friends.

So instead of thinking too much about how its going to ruin your friendship and how sex changes everything, concentrate on the advantages which outweigh the disadvantages.

Spot on

1 Like

Re: Heres Why You Should Consider Dating Your Best Friend by Uchenaija: 5:21am On Sep 12, 2018
Mizk:

I have two best friends. I love them so much I could do anything in the world for them.

And they love me so much, I can swear they'll die for me. They wish we could be married.

Like I said I love them so much, more than any girl in the world & I'll love them forever even if they were married.

But the thing is I don't feel the marriage kind of thing for them, cos they effect my mind but not my loins. What would you say about that? Ever been in that situation before?

(1) (Reply)

You Were Loyal And Not Demanding Money Yet He Left: Here's Why! / I'm Tired Of Nigeria / How Can I Forget This Guy ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.