Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,788 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:20 AM

Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? (22719 Views)

Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? / Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? / Igbo Girls . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by oweniwe(m): 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2010
@ tpia & ileke-idi.  Mr. Cork Is yoruba jor! Otherwise, he wouldn't be criticising igbo celebrities anyhow, and his "writing accent" (no oofeinse) if you study it carefully is yoruba. 190 is definitely yoruba (don't forget that his NL wife, omolola is yoruba). Dobodobo is definitely yoruba. Why can't you people own up? I guess its coz nobody wants to be associated with them. . . . And make una no call me tribalist o. Grew up in abeokuta (my second home), so i can spot out any yoruba coz they have a pattern of communication (like the don't argue too much like the igbo or hausa. They just tell you their mind go.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by tpia5: 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2010
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2010
oweniwe:

@ tpia & ileke-idi.  Mr. Cork Is yoruba jor! Otherwise, he wouldn't be criticising igbo celebrities anyhow, and his "writing accent" (no oofeinse) if you study it carefully is yoruba. 190 is definitely yoruba (don't forget that his NL wife, omolola is yoruba). Dobodobo is definitely yoruba. Why can't you people own up? I guess its coz nobody wants to be associated with them. . . . And make una no call me tribalist o. Grew up in abeokuta (my second home), so i can spot out any yoruba coz they have a pattern of communication (like the don't argue too much like the igbo or hausa. They just tell you their mind go.
I'll add a bit to what tpia have said. . . . don't go on thinking that ppl that speak yoruba are ALL Yorubas. As you know, Yoruba is widely spoken across Nigeria. . . . so kilode?

And why judge a man by his NL character esp when he's lavishing in anonymity?
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by UyiIredia(m): 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2010
@ topic >>> dunno

@ all posters >>> u people should quit the cultural stereotypes and get on with life
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by AndreUweh(m): 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2010
@Oweniwe: Kedu?. Long time.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by oweniwe(m): 10:07pm On Oct 25, 2010
My brother o. Na jokes section i de hang out now. I de kill english for here . . . https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-492003.1280.html Una argue argue argue about delta igbo, ikwerre igbo, sand sand igbo na im drive me commot from here grin grin
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by AndreUweh(m): 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2010
oweniwe:

My brother o. Na jokes section i de hang out now. I de kill english for here . . . https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-492003.1280.html Una argue argue argue about delta igbo, ikwerre igbo, sand sand igbo na im drive me commot from here grin grin
Don't worry, it is over now because at this festival, THEY WERE UNITED AS IGBO.
It is Iri Ji 2010, Edmonton London.

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by InkedNerd(f): 4:02am On Oct 26, 2010
excanny:

We love you, sweetie. The place you hang out- Romance section is infested with Yoruba boys.

Maybe you need to come more to[b] Politics[/b] section that where the Igbo dudes hang out. I did ask you out sometime, though, but you didn't reply.

When did you ask me out? . Sorry, I have bad memory sometimes. So, you're always in the politics section?

oweniwe:

grin yeh. The yoruba men. 190, dobodobo, mr cork, MOBO44, seun, etc

lol, I wouldn't mind Seun. . . But I doubt Seun would want me chasing after him embarassed.

tpia@:

join the queue. wink

undecided
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by oludashmi(f): 10:35am On Oct 26, 2010
You guyz just keep raising irrelevant issues all the time and sometimes, I tell myself that you are actually using it to burn out the daily frustrations. . . .

When a Yoruba girl marries an Igbo man, no story
When a Yoruba girl marries an Efik/Ibibio, no worry
When a Yoruba girl marries an hausa, no prob
When a Yoruba girl marries an Idoma or Tiv, no wahala
When a Yoruba girl marries an Edo, no question
When a Yoruba girl marries a Delta-Igbo, Urhobo-Igbo, Nigerdeltan-Igbo, Ika-Igbo, Ikwerre-Igbo, etc, no NL

But the story begins when a Yoruba man marries an Igbo girl, whats the big deal? angry
You can just go ahead and label them all "Married" so that no other tribe marry them.

In a nutshell, your level of exposure has always affected you, you stay in Lagos and judge everything you see from a Lagos perspective. The population of the environment where the ladies reside and whom they associate with determines most time. This particular topic is as old as NL.

Get talking about those things that add value to life. . .

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by oludashmi(f): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2010
excanny:

Dear, dont be worried. Believe, igbos are the most accommodating i've seen in this world. Why? Igbos are very migratory in nature. They cannot to be hostile to strangers because most times they are often strangers. Probably you are yoruba. She worked in Lagos? Many igbos who lived/worked in Lagos develop what i call 'retaliatory dislike' (myself inclusive) due to the unwelcome attitude of the locals to immigrants. Its your boyfriend that will 'sell' you to his mum, together with your attitude. Normally, igbo girls are raised to be hardworking, they do all stuff of tough task, like ride bicycles. I'm not saying you ride a bicycle, just showing how tough igbo girls are expected to be. If you are not lousy and industrious, you'll be good enough for any igbo mother-in-law and accepted.

You said in one of your posts that Igbo girls that marry Yoruba men are products of inferiority complex,. Now are you advising this lady (another tribe) to become a product of inferiority complex by marrying an igbo man cos it is a natural phenomenal.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by excanny: 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
oludashmi:

You said in one of your posts that Igbo girls that marry Yoruba men are products of inferiority complex,. Now are you advising this lady (another tribe) to become a product of inferiority complex by marrying an igbo man cos it is a natural phenomenal.

Funmi, bawo?  Se o si wa ni Lag. Moni cousin mi kan l'eko ti oma trip fun ti o ba ri. He's the kind of Igbo product that Yoruba girls roll themselves over for(fair, tall and cute). O complain fun mi pe awon girls Yoruba won je ki ohun gbadun. Mo fe ki o meet tie someday.

Ok, back to your question. 

It's a common fact that Yoruba men are careless with women. They are  generally big flirts who are never faithful to their wives and dont respect the sacred institution of marriage. Yoruba women are quite adapted to dealing with this kind of philandering of their men. They are used to it from the founding of the world. That is why i pity clueless Igbo girls who are fancying Yoruba men. I hope they tell their stories with a happy ending in the future. I will always tell my sisters the truth, if they refuse to listen and go ahead. Best of luck.

An Igbo man, on the other hand, will do everything to protect his wife and marriage because they just dont have the time to be looking for 'ale', or for philandering with everything in skirts.

This why a Yoruba woman  or any other women are better protected in the arms of an Igbo man than vice versa.

I speak the truth, babe.(no ofeinse).

Maa send mail si e soon concerning cousin mi.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by oludashmi(f): 12:41pm On Oct 26, 2010
excanny:

1. Funmi, bawo?  Se o si wa ni Lag. Moni cousin mi kan l'eko ti oma trip fun ti o ba ri. He's the kind of Igbo product that Yoruba girls roll themselves over for(fair, tall and cute). O complain fun mi pe awon girls Yoruba won je ki ohun gbadun. Mo fe ki o meet tie someday.

Ok, back to your question. 
An Igbo man, on the other hand, will do everything to protect his wife and marriage because they just dont have the time to be looking for '2. ale', or for philandering with everything in skirts.

This why a Yoruba woman  or 3. any other women are better protected in the arms of an Igbo man than vice versa.
I speak the truth, babe.(no ofeinse).
Maa send mail si e soon concerning cousin mi.

1. O ti n cra.ze ti pe. . . ti awon omo yoruba ba n roll fun cousin e, ki lode ti ko ti mu ikan ninu won, he is just looking for a way to avoid purchasing a girl as if he was buying a house in Ikoyi. . . he wants a place they will tell him we are not for sale and do not sell our children smiley

2. As for 'ale', there is no man on this planet earth including 'clergy men' who is not polygamous by nature, given same parameters! And looking at our forefathers (all over Nig and Africa, SA president has more than 5 wives), they used it as a means of explaining how wealthy they were cos the number of wives, children and pple they catered for justified their affluence! Se o mo pe there is no bas.ta.rd in Igbo land, all children (proven or not) MUST be accepted by the husband, hence they dont do DNA like other tribes even though their women are the only ones who keep giving birth to whites in the name of genetic mistake wink lol. (no offence).

My neighbour from Ebonyi, his present wife is the third (wives are from Imo and Anambra), and the probability of sending her away btw this yr and the next is 95% and take the forth. The two women have thereby re-married.

3. Also, 60% of the married men who have approached me (sincerely) are Igbos who have vowed to their wives that there is no one else after them . . . . I even know one in Ikeja right now who already has a second wife in Ikorodu but the wife doesnt know and he is still trying to woo me. A calabar friend of mine who married Igbo just got to know that he has 3 kids in the US. Two different friends of mine (Yoruba) who married your pple has called me twice (God is my witness) that I should avoid them cos they are not real. So what's your point?

An Nnewi born and bred colleague has vowed never to marry an Igbo and her boy friends are always either Yoruba or Edo, she said she wont say more than that. If she eventually marries Edo or Yoruba, you pp;e will say a Yoruba man has married another Igbo girl instead of saying she has just escaped from the lion's den. cool

So have it in mind that Yoruba men do theirs in public while Igbo men do it in hidden. . . all the same, men are men!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by excanny: 1:17pm On Oct 26, 2010
^^^ lol.

You just proved my point with that statement of yours. Have you heard about the word 'intrinsically' unfaithful? That's what Yoruba men are. I swear it's only a Yoruba woman that can handle that urge of Yoruba men because they are equally good if they want to.

What gets me is that their targets are usually their friends' wives or daughters. They are even known to sleep with their own daughters, which is kind of exclusive to them minus the 'calabars'. They see it as some kind of 'superiority conquest'. It has to be a married woman for the thrill to be achieved. It's publicly encouraged and celebrated. It is further encouraged by the muslim polygamists among your people. I dont want that kind of destiny for my sisters. Yoruba women are used to it and it's fine if they like it.

Yes, once in a while you find an Igbo married man with such tendencies, but believe me, they are largely in the minority. That's why like you said we dont bother about DNA tests because unfaithfulness is rare and a strange concept. The belief is that the gods of the land will kill such a woman or man that flirts outside their matrimonial home.

The embrace of Christianity from the europeans imbibed monogamy into our psyche and nothing can change that. An Igbo man can never be too BOLD bringing a second wife into his home. His mother must not hear it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by excanny: 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

When did you ask me out? .  So, you're always in the politics section?

undecided

Yep, not only me. Many of the intelligent Igbo dudes. I know you already know Ezeuche. We have Abagworo, Asha, Onlytruth, Chyz, Dede1, Afam4eva, Mikeansy(if you dont like me, you'll like this last name, he's extremely analytical).

In the Culture [/b]section, you'll find these 2 Igbo dudes holding fort- [b]Ezeagu and Andre Uweh

The list is not exhaustive, some many other Igbo dudes i can't remember, just come often. There are equally other females there, instead of talking trash with those losers.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by oludashmi(f): 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2010
excanny:

^^^ lol.
What gets me is that their targets are usually their friends' wives or daughters. They are even known to sleep with their own daughters, which is kind of exclusive to them minus the 'calabars'. They see it as some kind of 'superiority conquest'. It has to be a married woman for the thrill to be achieved. It's publicly encouraged and celebrated. It is further encouraged by the muslim polygamists among your people. I dont want that kind of destiny for my sisters. Yoruba women are used to it and it's fine if they like it.

Hmmnn, infact, there is no better way to describe you than a shallow minded. Where you not here on NL in June when a man's 12 years girl was carrying his 7months old baby in delta state and Igbos quickly disowned them that they are not Igbo, later you will be dragging them to be Igbo by force but neglect them at any negative thing.

Another was published in PM the following wk in Ebonyi, then you refused to respond and then 2 different ones from ND, Igbos quickly disowned them again, and the list goes thus . . . . I was in Cotonou on Saturday (23rd/oct/2010) when an Igbo girl of 17 years was impregnated by her dad and died while he took her to a quack doctor for abortion and he was taken to the police station . . . . then my Cotonou friend said the thing is becoming rampant even in their midst, but I didnt bring it to NL cos I see it as a sign of end time but here you are rejoicing over a general thing (not only in Nig but even abroad). . . . so please find me another point and I will prove to you that your exposure is too low.

excanny:

^^^ lol.
1. Yes, once in a while you find an Igbo married man with such tendencies, but believe me, they are largely in the minority. That's why like you said 2. we dont bother about DNA tests because unfaithfulness is rare and a strange concept. 3. The belief is that the gods of the land will kill such a woman or 4. man that flirts outside their matrimonial home.
1. Not once in a while at all.
2. I grew up see that it is possible for a woman to be 4-5 months pregnant for her husband who has been out of the country for over a year and everyone (Yoruba, calabar, hausa around) thought the man will send her packing when he arrived but he PROUDLY said it is forbidden to reject the pregnancy in Igbo culture cos anything that comes out of her is his shocked smiley this is just one of the many i have seen but I dont want to expose you lipsrsealed

3. That my Nnewi colleague brings 2 of her friends (married) who live in PH and Enugu to the office but you know the secret, they come to Lag and any other part of Nig where market is high smiley to meet their men friends (also married), take enough money from them and go back to their husbands, THEY ARE HIGHLY FAITHFUL indeed. . . .leave faithfulness jo, it is an individual thing, no tribe, no race judgement. . . . they used to share their secrets with me but ever since I told them to stop it, they started excluding me frm their discussions.

3. Beliefs were effective in every culture b4 the arrival of the colonial masters . . . .but at their arrival, they brought us education and christianity then told us that our beliefs were mere superstitions and baseless so we started doing the abomination things secretly and nothing happened to us, hence we got to know that beliefs are things of the mind.

4. Even men? You are a big liar. Cos all your fore-fathers should have died and your name shouldnt have been heard cos they all had more than one wives and concubines. . . .leave lies for coming children cheesy

excanny:

^^^ lol.
The embrace of Christianity from the europeans imbibed monogamy into our psyche and nothing can change that. An Igbo man can never be too BOLD bringing a second wife into his home. His mother must not hear it.
Christianity indeed, you should not be doing all sort of festivals if the Europeans were truly successful. What makes the difference, you have 2-3 wives in a house to know each other or you have them scattered across the place . . . . dont deceive yourself, you are a national daddy. Go back to the village aren't your mothers staying in the same compound with their fellow wives? So, what can his mum say when she is also a victim as a result of the African tradition.

You know you guyz say so much about us cos you are scattered around our land and see us, whereas you have forgotten that worst things are happening in the SE where my pple, your pple and other tribes are far less.

Will be going to your village this december? When was the last time you even visited? smiley smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by asha80(m): 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2010
oludashmi:

[color=#000099]Hmmnn, infact, there is no better way to describe you than a shallow minded. Where you not here on NL in June when a man's 12 years girl was carrying his 7months old baby in delta state and Igbos quickly disowned them that they are not Igbo, later you will be dragging them to be Igbo by force but neglect them at any negative thing.

You say delta state.Is delta state an ethnic group?Do you know there are more than 4 ethnic group in delta state?Is ibori an igbo man?

You also said cases in niger delta?so the whole of niger delta is igbo?I am sure to you too Okah and edwin clarke are igbo.

Please stop displaying ignorance.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2010
oludashmi,

my sister, you have SPOKEN!!! Let who have eyes read and understand you cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by excanny: 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2010
oludashmi:

I grew up see that it is possible for a woman to be 4-5 months pregnant for her husband who has been out of the country for over a year and everyone (Yoruba, calabar, hausa around) thought the man will send her packing when he arrived but he PROUDLY said it is forbidden to reject the pregnancy in Igbo culture cos anything that comes out of her is his shocked smiley this is just one of the many i have seen but I dont want to expose you.

Haba, funmi, you disappoint me, Lag chicks dey dey extra informed. What you said here is trash talk. But it's a common fallacy held by Yorubas in Lag. One of my teacher said it in class one day, i asked him about it he said that he doesn't have specific example, but was also told the same. Don't let me remind you of Abiola and his DNA-failed kids.

You know you guyz say so much
about us cos you are scattered
around our land and see us,
whereas you have forgotten that
worst things are happening in
the SE where my pple, your pple
and other tribes are far less.

Did we block the road at onitsha for you people to come to the SE to see us do own 'supposedly' bad things? It's because of your people's over-bloated ego, that you are better than Igbos, that is killing you people.(though they are quite a handful especially in Enugu, Coal city)

Will be going to your village this
december? When was the last
time you even visited?

I no be Yoruba wey no know their village again. Actually, i dont like staying in Lag, its too crowded for my liking. I hang out in PH and Aba when i'm around.

What about you, which state are you from? And hope you know your village?
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by InkedNerd(f): 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
excanny:

Yep, not only me. Many of the intelligent Igbo dudes. I know you already know Ezeuche. We have Abagworo, Asha, Onlytruth, Chyz, Dede1, Afam4eva, Mikeansy(if you dont like me, you'll like this last name, he's extremely analytical).

In the Culture [/b]section, you'll find these 2 Igbo dudes holding fort- [b]Ezeagu and Andre Uweh

The list is not exhaustive, some many other Igbo dudes i can't remember, just come often. There are equally other females there, instead of talking trash with those losers.

Ok, then nice to meet you excanny. I'll make more of an effort to get to know you and the other Igbo men in the culture section. You seem very polite and easy to talk to. I hope you didn't take offense when I accidentally ignored you.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by chic2pimp(m): 7:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
excanny:

You sir are an Airhead. . . . . . Or do you have any evidence to show that Incest is exclusive to only the Yoruba and Calabar tribe?

How some can type so much yet fail to say anything meaningful really beats me.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2010
chic2pimp:

You sir are an Airhead. . . . . . Or do you have any evidence to show that Incest is exclusive to only the Yoruba and Calabar tribe?

My brother, I don't know o.

Yet some of the outrageous stuff I've heard. . .

Yorubas have more divorce cases
Igbos have less divorce cases
Yorubas commit more incest
Igbos that marry Yorubas suffer from inferiority complex
Yorubas commit more rape
Yorubas can fly

Self-glorifying ppl. . . . I'd have understood this if we atleast have some VALID stats.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by excanny: 8:07pm On Oct 26, 2010
chic2pimp:

Sharrapp, dia. You want me to start washing Yoruba's dirty linen in public by digging up news items? Like i told oludashmi i just want to speak the truth, not to cause oofeinse.

www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68574:man-impregnates-16-year-old-daughter&catid=43:news&Itemid=799

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-464450.0.html

www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200805312574615

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/10/07/policeman-impregnates-daughter-4-times/

www.newsstarng.com/index.php/news/5265-father-impregnates-daughter-he-threatened-me-with-jujudaughter-
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 26, 2010
excanny:

Sharrapp, dia. You want me to start washing Yoruba's dirty linen in public by digging up news items? Like i told oludashmi i just want to speak the truth, not to cause oofeinse.

Yoruba peeps are my people. They schooled me, get it?
I dare you. . . . grin
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by chic2pimp(m): 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
excanny:

Yoruba peeps are my people. They schooled me, get it?
I'm sure you are not daft as I think you are. I might be wrong though. I bet in that silly mind of yours you actually believe the crap you wrote is as you call it 'Telling the truth'.

Yoruba are not you peeps!!! Stop claiming the Unclaimable. They don't want you and neither do you need you(or as any yoruba person told you they looking for additional members of the yoruba tribe?). On the 'They Schooled Me' part, you are not the first and you won't be the last. Besides how does that relate to that daft post of yours?

Ileke-IdI:

My brother, I don't know o.

Yet some of the outrageous stuff I've heard. . .

Yorubas have more divorce cases
Igbos have less divorce cases
Yorubas commit more incest
Igbos that marry Yorubas suffer from inferiority complex
Yorubas commit more despoil
Yorubas can fly

Self-glorifying ppl. . . . I'd have understood this if we atleast have some VALID stats.
You dey mind dem. As I always say, by their posts you shall know them.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by sbeezy8: 9:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
is excanny a girl?

The babe is always talking about what yoruba guys do this n that. wtf Is it your dik? If a guy wants to impregnate other babes around then that his business. wetin concern you

Its either you are a babe or you are a small dik guy who feels the need to talk shiot about OTHER guys to babes , as if it enhances his chance of gettin babes. that GAYY and lame I think they get manliness pump for guys like you.

@topic I disagree because yorubas guys marry everyone literally regardless of tribe or religion. same with the women I know of yoruba ladies na only big deal because igbo people like to make it a big deal LOL hahah real talk tho.- you wont find many yoruba people talking about how yoruba guys are marrying non yoruba women or you wont find many yoruba people talking about about yoruba women marry non yoruba guys. cause we dont give a shiot!

Yorubas have been having children and marrying from non yorubas FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS.

na only igbo gals that like to pump themselves up as if theyre more desired than other babes from other tribes and na only igbo guys who get problem with seeing igbo babes marry any NON eastern guy. HAHAHA

LOL all jokes aside I dont know who im going to marry  my mother father yoruba and muslim married  three wives ewe,urhobo and fulani-nupe. two who converted to islam and theres no traces of christian or any non yoruba tribe in them except middle names- they dont even acknowledge their mother families.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 27, 2010
sbeezy8:

is excanny a girl?

I think so too.

Actually i'll say sth thats quite politically incorrect. No proper igbo girl will marry a yourba cock(i mean born and breed in igboland).
Most of the igbo girls who are born in yourbaland(especially Lagos) grow up with some form of inferiority complex. I've personally met quite a number. Usually they speak little or no igbo, are unfamiliar with igbo culture, but fluent in yourba.
So yourba cocks with no game to hook up a yourba chick find these as easier prey. Ofcourse they usually falld to find 'solace' for their inferiority complex(not all though)
So for a yourba cock to marry an igbo girl 2 conditions must be met:
1. The igbo girl is breed in yourbaland, usually speaks yourba, culturally disconnected from her native igbo homeland.
2. The yourba cock has no game to get a yourba girl.
From my findings and interveiws on inter-tribal relationships, its the same reasons why you have more hausa men marrying yourba girls. Many of my hausa friends have yourba wives

Roflmao!!!
I doubt you know the meaning of inferiority complex. People have moved on over tribal hogwash, while you are here still living with myopia. Did they spit you from the 18th century? Tell them to return you back. This era is not for you. (no ofeinse) grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 27, 2010
sbeezy8:

na only igbo gals that like to pump themselves up as if theyre more desired than other babes from other tribes and na only igbo guys who get problem with seeing igbo babes marry any NON eastern guy. HAHAHA

Ehn ehn, slow your roll. Is it an Igbo girl that started this thread? Better face the poster o.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 27, 2010
Funny enough I was thinking it's the igbos's that love dressing to kill. Yes the yorubas are fashionistas as well especially with their nice lace materials and stuffs.

But I have visited alot of igbo chuches in naija(anglican churches though) and the women like dress to kill

Even here whenever there is an independent party its more like the igbos showing off their latest fashion.

And yes maybe there are marrying the gurls cos they want wives that will always look good for them. Maybe
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 27, 2010
^^^Naaa it's because Yoruba men are not tribalists especially when it comes to women. They will do anybody. grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 2:23am On Oct 27, 2010
LOL stillwarra.

Someone posted that igbo's dont spend alot on material things like the yorubas. So i was like trying to make them know that alot of igbos are fashionistas grin grin come for a naija gathering here you will begin to wonder where and how do this peeps combine these clothes
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by sbeezy8: 2:47am On Oct 27, 2010
stillwater:

Ehn ehn, slow your roll. Is it an Igbo girl that started this thread? Better face the poster o.

lol youre right sorry lmfao
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? by Nobody: 3:21am On Oct 27, 2010
*death*

So excanny is a girl?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Birmingham City University Hosts Ooni Of Ife As Ooni Speaks At Chatham House(pix / Late Ooni Of Ife To Be Buried On Friday / French Language Learners.........get IN HERE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.