Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets (2120 Views)

10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 / Presidential Primary: Dollar Rain As Saraki, Atiku, Tambuwal Divide PDP Leaders / Jubilation As Saraki Meets Other Defectors At PDP Secretariat In Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by 4Ebiscoo: 10:27am On Aug 11, 2018
Political War drums are set to be rolled out in Nigeria Senate on Tuesday when the National Assembly reconvenes and the reason for this is not far from the position of Senator Saraki, if he is going to remain the Senate President or not.

It was learnt that senators, who are loyal to the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, were insisting that the only agenda would be the consideration of President Muhammadu Buhari’s budget for the 2019 elections. But on the other hand, the anti-Saraki lawmakers , said that they could raise the issue of the leadership of the senate.

Following the defection of the Senate President and 13 other senators from the APC to the PDP, the ruling party had called on Saraki to resign, but the Senate President on Wednesday said he would resign only if two-thirds of senators passed a vote of no confidence in him.

Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, who is a member of the Parliamentary Support Group, a group of President Muhammadu Buhari’s loyalists in the National Assembly, said the APC senators would use every opportunity to seek Saraki’s exit from the senate presidency.

According to him, there are legal and moral reasons for Saraki to quit the Senate presidency.

Omo-Agege, in an interview with Punch, said;

“The moment Saraki defected from the APC to the minority party, PDP, he no longer has the moral, political and legal rights to remain as the Senate President. We have requested of him to step down. We have requested of him to do the honourable thing, to do the needful by stepping down. It is a request we are going to continue to make and any opportunity we have, we are going to insist that he must step down.”

But in a battle ready mood, one of those who defected from the APC to the PDP, Senator Rafiu Ibrahim, dared anti-Saraki lawmakers to come to the Senate and impeach the Senate President. He stated that only two-thirds majority of anti-Saraki lawmakers could effect his impeachment.

We really hope the Lawmakers will put their personal again aside and find a common ground on how to move the nation forward.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/war-in-senate-apc-senators-and-pdp.html

Kindly Visit: [url]mcebisco.com.ng[/url]

Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by Firefire(m): 10:31am On Aug 11, 2018
let the war begin already.
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by TheOdd1sOut: 10:34am On Aug 11, 2018
All these things are just distractions.

Political distractions is a disease that is fast spreading.

These stupid politicians will do anything to stay in the news.

There are important matters that needs solutions e.g the INEC budget but these wild pigs are busy fighting.

I'm tired of this country and their antics
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by OLORIPAPA: 10:51am On Aug 11, 2018
Ok
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by Firefire(m): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2018
Fake war of personal interest
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by Racoon(m): 11:04am On Aug 11, 2018
Well let the issue be raised but ensure you got the required 2/3 to achieve your aim.Ndi ara them. angry
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by Ojiofor: 11:40am On Aug 11, 2018
Last political transfer season APC was happy to receive Aminu Tambuwal when he defected with the position of speaker to APC.
This Jajaweeeed party is a bad loser.
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by mightguy(m): 11:44am On Aug 11, 2018
OF DRIBBLERS AND THE DRIBBLED.
Election is again knocking around. In the past few weeks, we have borne witness to the most galling manifestation of abject want of principle from the masters who straddle our national destiny. They have shown in unpretentious ways that it is not about the country. Every man of them is dashing, with unprincipled desperation, to where his bread would be buttered. It is, after all, a game of interest. These politicians are not betraying this in any subtle or cunning way. They have made it as glaring as possible. What remains curious is why the masses, the pawns in this unscrupulous game for power have remained indiscerning.
Only yesterday, somebody was in the dictator's tent, sharing banter and snuff. Today he is out and suddenly fighting dictatorship and for democracy. The masses quickly forgot the part he played in the dictatorship of yesterday and are celebrating him as a lifelong struggler for natural freedom. Just yesterday, somebody was a looter, a hunted fugitive from the law. Today he is purified as he transcends into the spotless rank of our self-acclaimed saviours. The masses unquestioningly follow this cruel farce, like the series of a tragic comedy.
Who are the heavy and ultimate losers? The spell-held masses. When Dr. Bukola Saraki gave a speech to tell the nation why he was fed up with the APC, he reeled out a catalogue of piteous complaints. After reading that speech for the first time, I had to go back and read it again. I was looking for something which to my disappointment I could not find.
I did not see where he complained of the slaughterious raids going on across the country. I did not see where he lamented the crass misgovernance of the country. He was not in the least perturbed that a country whose highest Law making body he leads has snatched the ugly trophy from India and now has world's poorest, wrechedest people. He does not care a fig about these disturbing realities.
He was lamentative and moved about one thing: He had industriously contributed in the making of the ruling party. For some inexplicable reasons, he came under the Jack boot of the APC government. In more than one occasion he had sued for peace and commonsense. The ruling party paid no heed and had continued to hammer down on him. He and some of his similarly disgruntled colleagues are seeking comfort else where -- like animals whose habitat was destroyed, they are migrating to a new place for accommodation and survival. He did not talk about Nigeria. It was one long and sympathy-seeking story of personal discomfort.
Strangly, we are unmindful of this --- we have remained bewitchedly unsuspecting, accepting, most lamentably, to be the battle-hounds for desperate power seekers and obscene gourmands for wealth.
When they cannot secure employment for their cronies and sycophants, they educate us on presidential nepotism. Police brutality becomes real only when any of them is touched. When they blatantly rig elections and sway voters, our democracy is waxing stronger, flourishing and under no conceivable threat. Death instantly begins to loom over our " nascent" democracy when they are surprised in their hollow chamber of corruption.
They shake hands across the divides. When it suits their interest they wear the traditional attire of just any ethnic group. They enter churches, mosques, shrines, name them, to worship the multifarious gods of the Nigerian people. But they tactfully arouse you to fight like dogs over such inane sentiments like tribe and religion. They can bear any cost to keep these crippling sentiments alive. With those alive and thriving, the masses are securely in their chains and harmless. They cannot unite in ultimate action to avenge their egregiously raped humanity. This is the nefarious formula with which we have been, for sixty years, manipulated by a political class that has been unvarying, ruthless and preposterously depraved.
Dear ordinary Nigerian, it is your funeral.

1 Like

Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by capatainrambo: 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2018
Firefire:
Fake war of personal interest
come I nor wan hear say you dwcamp go apc o. shioor
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by capatainrambo: 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2018
TinubuToto2:
[s][/s] shutup he's saying the obvious truth
Buhari is the worst president since mankind
Firefire come carry your bingo. comot from my mention o

ekuke
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
Apc has lost out...

1 Like

Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by wallex1983(m): 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
Violence is only making APC lose more grounds.
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by BlackPantherxXx: 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2018
capatainrambo:
Firefire come carry your bingo. comot from my mention o

ekuke

Lol. He has 10 other profiles, IsaAbubakar, bloodykiller amongst others.

I tolerated his abusing Yorubas BUT He said he rapes his neighbour's underage kids that's why I started reporting him to the Mods.

Just report him. Rape and paedophilia shouldn't be acceptable on Nairaland
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by BlackPantherxXx: 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
They won't be able to impeach Saraki
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by BlackPantherxXx: 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2018
TinubuToto2:
grin

If you notice something.... i NEVER return your insults.

When someone creates 11 profiles in one day just because you...you have destroyed the person completely even in spirit.
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
Story...no war..

Apc will still fail..
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by uwa1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 11, 2018
Let the battle begin...

They are just making noise... Let's see where they will get the 2/3 majority from..
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by StillX10(m): 4:11pm On Aug 11, 2018
if were a senator I won't go to the house with abgada on Tuesday, I will wear suit without necktie

the should not disgrace us on Tuesday biko
Re: War In Senate!! Apc Senators And Pdp Lawmakers Draw Battle Lines As Saraki Sets by Randy100: 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2018
Let them fight. It would make my day.

(1) (Reply)

The False Prophets That Prophesied Victory For Atiku / Osinbajo Nigerian Vice President Has Closed Twitter Account / President Buhari's Birthday Cake Was Not Made In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.