Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election (28102 Views)

Ahmad Babba Kaita Dumps APC For PDP / Senator Ahmad Babba Kaita Booed, Chased Away From Wedding In Katsina / Buhari Wins Katsina With 1,232,133 Votes (daily Trust) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Fiaburnthem: 7:15am On Aug 12, 2018
Esseite:
PDP did well with a 21% approx in buhari's senatorial enclave despite at the eve of majorly northern defections vis-a-viz to the 5% it got in 2015.

that is how they will continue to do well in all the LGAs... While the best will continue to win them.

2 Likes

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by klas(m): 7:18am On Aug 12, 2018
Esseite:

How do you compare your analysis? If pdp could muster a 21% in the presidents senatorial zone, dont you think they would score more in other senatorial zones in katsina itself talk more other states?

My analysis was limited to Katsina not nationwide.

If Kabir Kaita, a well known rich retired custom officer in the area and who had been in politics for long could be thrashed this way by his younger brother Ahmad Kaita who is relatively a political neophyte, then what do you think will happen when Buhari is on the ballot.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by tuniski: 7:18am On Aug 12, 2018
Adeagbo77:
PDP for where? Don't be deceived by this new result. Remember this is a contest between people who are related by blood. By the time an outsider contest with them, you will know how popular Buhari / APC is in Katsina and the entire North

Anyhow it goes, Pdp will do better than it did in 2015 with GEJ in the entire North come 2019!
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by FbcGrafix(m): 7:23am On Aug 12, 2018
Pdp tried in Buhari's backyard

My logo designs for businesses are premium.... For proof of my work, click the link in my signature.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by engrfaruq(m): 7:25am On Aug 12, 2018
Mynd44:
224,607 votes in a senatorial by-election?

These people actually vote oooo.

How wont they deliver 1.2 million in presidential election?

I hope the opositions are looking at the areas they need to break now. These are the places they need to take votes from the APC because these are the areas that can ruin the

Also note that the main opposition only won 20.799% of the total votes which falls short of the 25% is worrying. They need to do better and get it right

The opposition cannot do any better in those areas.... Buhari os more loved than any other politician in the North.... If it were him, the opposition wouldn't have gotten that 20%.... It will be some 7% or less.

But I still believe the chances of the PDP is heavily dependent on the person they field as Presidential candidate, some of the prominent candidates have no electoral value in the North.

3 Likes

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by maasoap(m): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2018
Esseite:
PDP did well with a 21% approx in buhari's senatorial enclave despite at the eve of majorly northern defections vis-a-viz to the 5% it got in 2015.

Pure mass thumb printing of ballot papers for PDP! I was there during 2011 general elections and I saw it with my eyes. 2015 general elections too, Jonathan made sure that both SS and SE didn't use card readers, why? To pave way for mass thumb printing. Now that APC is in government, let's wait and see how they will perfect mass thumb printing this time around and if APC will still get just 5%. Interesting times ahead. Lol.

10 Likes

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by kingvictor7: 7:27am On Aug 12, 2018
Congrats senator!!..anyone who still doubts PMB's credibility n capacity cum 2019 elections requires mental examination..sai PMB til 2023...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Mujtahida: 7:34am On Aug 12, 2018
yinnyme:

You can imagine a senatorial votes is more than Ekiti state votes, I doubt if Katsina vote alone will not cancel 3 states in the South. Politics is about numbers, the south don't have the numbers and we can never have that numbers because we don't marry early and I only want 2, 3 or 4 kids.

We are in a marriage that requires wisdom to get a divorce, if you must catch a monkey you must behave like a monkey. GEJ lost the best shot of our liberation.

I honestly feel for the Northern people because with this political power they ought to have developed beyond what they have.

The South rigged themselves out of the game from the beginning but with a good agenda we may still get what we want without political leadership afterall GEJ 6 years tenure didn't turn Bayelsa to Dubai, Obj 8yrs didn't turn Ogun to Malaysia, so enough of this rat race.
With their numbers we have entered one chance. I really desire that this country be restructured in such a way that all politics becomes truly local and not this current arrangements where local politics spills over to affect things nationally. If it's possible nothing political should hold sway nationally. Let's have a loose federation so that each part of this country can determine its own destiny. Local politics for Western region, local politics for southern region, same for middle belt, East and North. I hate this reality where one region because of its numbers bends the whole nation to its direction. It should not be so. Let the North determine its own destiny and ditto all other regions.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by madridguy(m): 7:38am On Aug 12, 2018
Another victory for Osho Baba
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by senatordave1(m): 7:42am On Aug 12, 2018
Pdp supporters now changng the narratives to console themselves.going by the votes of the pdp candidate,pdp will get less than 200,000 in katsina next year.i expect buhari to get at least 1.5 milliom

4 Likes

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by SHNAYAJO: 7:44am On Aug 12, 2018
This is an indication 2 PDP dat they need 2 double their hustle in d north if really dy want 2 win come 2019...
But let nt 4get dat d govt on grand in dat state is APC, so their is a tendency dat dy will win..
Take 4 instance, states lyk Rivers & bayelsa. it goin 2 b a landslide winning 4 PDP jst lyk wot happen in dis election..
PDP really now know dat they re sleepin & dy need 2 wake up..
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Galaticos444: 7:46am On Aug 12, 2018
Rilly don't know why ar people carried away by dis result.do u actually think apc would score as much vote if election was contested in ex presido gudluck Jonathan senatorial zone
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Topmaike007(m): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2018
udoka55555:
APC has no place in the east and south...stop deceiving yourselves
in 2015 did he gain much vote from your kinsmen,but at least he Still emerge winner..

the south and the east just need to give him 30% vote respectively as it happen last 3 years and all of you are into political suicide..

sai baba till 2023

2 Likes

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 12, 2018
maasoap:

Pure mass thumb printing of ballot papers for PDP! I was there during 2011 general elections and I saw it with my eyes. 2015 general elections too, Jonathan made sure that both SS and SE didn't use card readers, why? To pave way for mass thumb printing. Now that APC is in government, let's wait and see how they will perfect mass thumb printing this time around and if APC will still get just 5%. Interesting times ahead. Lol.

The 5% was actually what pdp got in katsina in 2015. Was that mass thumb printing aswell?
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Mujtahida: 7:48am On Aug 12, 2018
It's about winning, it's about victory but tragically it has nothing to do with development, with growth, with progress. Nigerian politics is divorced from development. Nigerian politics is more like a tournament. You win, your supporters cheer, you loose, they whine.
But we the people are the loosers of everything- no good roads, no power supply. Decayed and decaying infrastructure, poor health system, corruption in government (only fools will be hoodwinked by the anti corruption mantra of this regime) are the things we get served with regardless of who wins or loses.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Bhol28: 7:49am On Aug 12, 2018
modath:
Expected....

Let's say this for those at the back (the hate filled/political neophytes) to hear LOUD & CLEAR!!

BUHARI WILL STILL BE PRESIDENT 30TH OF MAY 2023!!
He will even have more votes than 2015,Npower,free lunch,5k to the poorest can only be thought of by a leader who cares for his people like PMB.Sai Baba!!

2 Likes

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 12, 2018
Fiaburnthem:
that is how they will continue to do well in all the LGAs... While the best will continue to win them.

They have their areas of strength... katsina as at today is not.
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Shukuakukobambi: 7:51am On Aug 12, 2018
senatordave1:
Pdp supporters now changng the narratives to console themselves.going by the votes of the pdp candidate,pdp will get less than 200,000 in katsina next year.i expect buhari to get at least 1.5 milliom

I just dey laugh since yesterday cheesy

When you tell them to change their mumu rhetoric, Dem go open dirty mouth begin abuse you.

1 Like

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by godox2(m): 7:54am On Aug 12, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
PDP 59,725, abeg they try, for Buhari backyard, good result.
After declaring Buhari in 2019, you will say PDP tried by geting 22.5%, by God's Grace,

4 Likes

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by livinbygrace: 7:55am On Aug 12, 2018
Though,i want Buhari out but with all permutations and calculation,its only a dumb and unintelligent souls that will doubt his victory at the 2019 election.

2 Likes

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Shukuakukobambi: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2018
Mujtahida:
It's about winning, it's about victory but tragically it has nothing to do with development, with growth, with progress. Nigerian politics is divorced from development. Nigerian politics is more like a tournament. You win, your supporters cheer, you loose, they whine.
But we the people are the loosers of everything- no good roads, no power supply, decayed infrastructure, poor health system are the things we get served with regardless of who wins or loses.

Na now you know. Anyway, I hope this your new found knowledge lasts the distance and doesn't change if PDP finally wins the obudu by election

1 Like

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by elbangeez: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2018
The funniest thing this crazy ipob guys think election is won on social media, millions of voters up north dont even know social media exist, all they know is their pvc is ready and they are voting for buhari.

6 Likes

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Topmaike007(m): 8:03am On Aug 12, 2018
Galaticos444:
Rilly don't know why ar people carried away by dis result.do u actually think apc would score as much vote if election was contested in ex presido gudluck Jonathan senatorial zone
APC cannot score up to DAT in bayelsa because the total population of people voting are not up to the total voters of this senatorial zone APC just won

2 Likes

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Shukuakukobambi: 8:03am On Aug 12, 2018
livinbygrace:
Though,i want Buhari out but with all permutations and calculation,its only a dumb and unintelligent souls that will doubt his victory at the 2019 election.

True words. Until PDP and it's supporters realize the bold and restrategise completely, they're on a long thing.

Anyway, na Dem sabi

2 Likes

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Buskete(m): 8:06am On Aug 12, 2018
AnonPoet:
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Saturday’s senatorial by-election in Katsina, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, is the winner, released results show.
The Independent National Electoral Commission is soon to formally declare the winner.
But its released results, already pastes at the collation centre, show that Mr Babba-Kaita, currently a member of the House of Representatives, polled 224, 607 votes to beat five other contestants.
His closest rival, who is his elder brother, Kabir Babba-Kaita, was only able to garner 59, 724 votes. The elder Babba-Kaita was the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party.
The other results show that GPN scores 1056, DA got 796, MPN secured 633 while MMN got 343 votes to emerge third, fourth, fifth and sixth respectively.
The seat became vacant in April following the death of Senator Mustapha Bukar.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/279825-breaking-apc-candidate-ahmad-babba-kaita-wins-katsina-north-by-election.html

Nigeria's a joke.. See clear family double chance. Win or Lose, they both win...and we are here shouting APC / PDP
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Aquariann: 8:08am On Aug 12, 2018
tuniski:

Anyhow it goes, Pdp will do better than it did in 2015 with GEJ in the entire North come 2019!

And APC won't do better in the South with each state having a minister and the likes of Ameachi, Oshiomhole, Akpabio, Ndoma Egba, Dakuku, Ayiri, Okorocha, etc all with Federal backing?

3 Likes

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:09am On Aug 12, 2018
modath:
Expected....

Let's say this for those at the back (the hate filled/political neophytes) to hear LOUD & CLEAR!!

BUHARI WILL STILL BE PRESIDENT 30TH OF MAY 2023!!

cry cry
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by seguno2: 8:12am On Aug 12, 2018
yinnyme:
You can imagine a senatorial votes is more than Ekiti state votes, I doubt if Katsina vote alone will not cancel 3 states in the South. Politics is about numbers, the south don't have the numbers and we can never have that numbers because we don't marry early and I only want 2, 3 or 4 kids.

We are in a marriage that requires wisdom to get a divorce, if you must catch a monkey you must behave like a monkey. GEJ lost the best shot of our liberation.

I honestly feel for the Northern people because with this political power they ought to have developed beyond what they have.

The South rigged themselves out of the game from the beginning but with a good agenda we may still get what we want without political leadership afterall GEJ 6 years tenure didn't turn Bayelsa to Dubai, Obj 8yrs didn't turn Ogun to Malaysia, so enough of this rat race.

What are the contents of this “good agenda”
Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by maasoap(m): 8:12am On Aug 12, 2018
Esseite:

The 5% was actually what pdp got in katsina in 2015. Was that mass thumb printing aswell?

Now, I understand you.
But in this case, both are brothers. In Buhari's case vs whoever PDP might present in 2019, it may go back to that 5 or 10%.

1 Like

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Aquariann: 8:13am On Aug 12, 2018
SHNAYAJO:
This is an indication 2 PDP dat they need 2 double their hustle in d north if really dy want 2 win come 2019...
But let nt 4get dat d govt on grand in dat state is APC, so their is a tendency dat dy will win..
Take 4 instance, states lyk Rivers & bayelsa. it goin 2 b a landslide winning 4 PDP jst lyk wot happen in dis election..
PDP really now know dat they re sleepin & dy need 2 wake up..

Which Rivers state? The one with Two APC senators and 10 House members? With heavy weight like Ameachi, Abe, Dakuku and Ojukaye Flag Amachree all with Federal backing Wike used in 2015?

Wake up bro. Wike isn't even sure of a second term.

4 Likes

Re: APC candidate, Ahmad Babba-Kaita, wins Katsina North by-election by Moukandjo: 8:15am On Aug 12, 2018
Esseite:

They have their areas of strength... katsina as at today is not.
Please, don't delude yourself! It'll only make your heartbreak in 2019 more difficult to bear!

There's hardly any state in Nigeria that can give PDP over one million votes! I'm sure you clearly remember how the electoral officer who was supposed to read out the final results of Rivers state in 2015 presidential elections was acting comical for minutes & asking for light to read something that was very clear just because he was shocked at the level of rigging! There's no chance for such rigging for PDP in 2019!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts To Death Of Stanley Nwabia / See What The Chief Of Army Staff Did During His Visit To Troops In Borno. PICS / ‘atiku, Agbaje May Lose In Lagos If…’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.